Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Wand
Curved 11 1/2 Inch Swishy Dogwood Wand with Vampire Blood Core
Kishen Tiwari had been walking around all day while clutching a book to his chest. This year had been one hell of an adjustment. There were people who knew so much about the wizarding world, while he only knew what he had learned so far this year. All Kishen knew was that he was tired. Hilton had been of little help when it came to teaching him about this new world. He wished that she had not graduated a year before he was set to come to Hogwarts New Zealand. Even though his sister had not been as supportive as he hoped, Kishen was happy that she was doing something that she wanted. She was now a police cadet in New Zealand, and Hilton was finally doing something that she enjoyed. The first year found himself surrounded by roses near the Lakefront. He had heard this was a tribute to a student who had passed a long time ago. He also knew about Avie's Rock, a memorial for a student who had died while Hilton was in school. He set his book down on the ground and kneeled in front of the rosebush with his hands pressed together and head bowed in order to pay his respects to the fallen. It made him feel more comfortable.

The boy had only been on his knees for a minute or se before he opened his eyes and stood up with his book in hand. Kishen had failed to notice that there was someone else in his vicinity. Professor Pendleton. Hilton had not told the boy much, but she had told him about how much she enjoyed Professor Pendleton's Potions classes. Kishen wished that he could say the same, but that was besides the point. The man was someone that his sister had trusted, so he knew that he could trust him too. "Um...I apologize about that. I had to pay my respects." he quietly apologized to the man. Not everyone was as religious as Kishen and his family was, and it was hard trying to make others feel comfortable.

It had been a busy year, to say the least. In no way did Monty regret offering to cover Olive's classes while she was away, but he certainly didn't intend to apply for the full position if she decided not to come back. That was still open to question. Monty had found such a kind friend in Olive that he hoped, both for his own sake and for Jon's, she would return, but he could not hold it against her for prioritising herself. The students would miss her, too. She had not taught for long, but some teachers didn't need to to make an impression on their pupils.

Wrapped up in a long coat, Monty wandered across the lawn, heading nowhere in particular but drawn habitually towards the lake. There and in the gardens Monty occasionally sat to read, though he did not have a book with him today. He was deep in thought about the view across the water when a boy suddenly stood up beside the rose bush nearby, startling him. "Oh - no! Don't apologise," Monty said, when he realised what Kishen was doing. "I'm sorry - I didn't mean to disturb you." He would have carried on his way, then, but something in Kishen's quiet demeanour made him stop and ask, "Are you all right?"

Kishen shook his head slowly. He had not even noticed that the man was in his area. Otherwise, a simple bow would have sufficed instead of the boy getting on his knees. Kishen was about to walk away, but the professor asked him if he was alright. This made the first year stand still. Kishen had always had trouble dealing with his emotions. They usually came out as sarcasm or anger. However, this time he was actually experiencing the sadness that he was feeling. "Um..I mean, I guess that I'm okay. But, it is all Hilton's fault that I know nothing about magic. That all people think I am is a mudblood." he said in this huge rush. Of course he had been called a mudblood before, as his house immortalized blood purity. Even though this was true, he knew that he belonged in his house because he had ambitions to be something, someone.

Monty had always been such a guarded man that it never failed to surprise him when a child spilled out their vulnerabilities at the first prompting. It made his job considerably easier that he did not have to guess what was bothering Kishen, or try to puzzle it together from vague allusions; but harder that he had little time to consider and construct his response. He frowned slightly. "Has somebody called you that?" If they had, they were going to be in trouble; Monty stood for no form of bullying, but verbal abuse hit him closest to home. He glanced out across the lawns, in the direction he'd been heading before he'd seen Kishen. "What do you say we walk together?" he asked. "Perhaps you can tell me what you mean when you say it's Hilton's fault. Goodness - it doesn't seem so long ago I was teaching her. She must be your sister, I suppose?"

Kishen shrugged at Professor Pendleton's question. "Well, yeah. The person who helped me get my wand called me one after I tried to haggle for the price of my wand, like any reasonable first year would do. He said that I didn't have real magic, which also makes no sense because I have the same magic that bloke does." he rambled. The situation clearly made him angry, which was an emotion that he had come to terms with. Kishen agreed to walking with the professor, as he did not have anything better to do. He was not busy doing anything. He was just stewing on a lot of emotions that he was not used to, which was a stressful as it could get for someone with a small emotional palette like Kishen. "Yeah, she is my older sister. She's a police officer now, after she didn't get good enough grades to be a Hit Wizard or an Auror." he said quietly. "But it's her fault because she didn't tell me that I have magic. She knew there was a reason for all of the strange stuff my brother and I could do, but she let us think that we were cursed, like father says we are." he explained quickly. Kishen had never viewed the things he could do as something to be proud of, when he should feel proud about his magic. "Oh, and Hilton says that she enjoyed your class very much, when she was good at it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back