OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Nell)
Ever since the sort-of-breakup with Lily, Jasper had wanted to talk to Nell again. But at the same time, he didn't really want to talk about relationship things with Nell anymore because the last time it had been... weird. Still, he'd found himself missing her company and longing to just hang out with her. Somehow, it felt like he couldn't really admit to that, so what he ended up doing was just hanging around the Hogwarts Monthly room, hoping Nell would come out eventually. He wasn't even sure if she was in there, but it was a fairly safe bet. Jasper shifted from where he was leaning very casually against the wall, feeling a slight cramp forming in his neck. He hoped Nell would pop up soon.

Nell had felt terrible at the end of her fifth year, but it was no match for how terrible she was feeling at the start of her seventh. It seemed like everything just kept going wronger and wronger, and no matter what she did she couldn't make the right decision. She needed to apologise to Lars and Blake, someone she had never seen herself apologising to. She needed to... to figure out what to do about Selene. She needed to... figure out what to do about Jasper. Her brief fling with Simon in the holidays hadn't been the distraction Nell had hoped for, and now with her feelings tied in knots, she knew there wasn't an easy way to avoid this. She had been avoiding any of the people involved though, until Jasper popped up outside the Monthly HQ as she was on her way to begin setting the room up for the year. "Hey!" Nell greeted him with a slightly too cheerful wave. "Looking to join the paper?"

Jasper's heart skipped a beat when he spotted Nell heading towards the Hogwarts Monthly room, and he quickly told it not to overreact so much. It was just Nell, the girl he'd been hanging out with forever. Why did things have to suddenly change? He grinned at her, trying his best to look a bit surprised to see her there. "Me? No, was just... hanging out." He said, realizing too late that he should have thought of some plausible reason to be hanging around the Hogwarts Monthly room. But he hadn't. "I don't think you want my writing in the paper anyway." He said, immediately wishing he hadn't said so. He wanted Nell to think he was cool, so why was he telling her he was bad at things? "It would make all the others look bad." He added quickly, but he didn't think that had really saved the conversation. What was he doing?

Nell knew her tone was too chipper, suspiciously cheerful, but there wasn't much she could do about that. She laughed softly at Jasper's comment, shaking her head. "Hmm, I think the rest of the team might disagree." She teased, trying to fall back into the friendly banter that had always come so naturally in the past with Jasper. Why was it all so awkward now?! She laughed again awkwardly. "So you were just... hanging out here because you don't like the paper?" She asked a little awkwardly, wondering what he was actually doing. Had Jasper just come to see her? She honestly didn't know if the possibility made things better or worse.

Jasper laughed at Nell's words, unable to resist teasing her a bit more. He leaned in a bit. "But you didn't say you disagreed." He said with a slight raise of his eyebrow. He paused at her next words, shaking his head. "I never said I don't like the paper- but no, I'm not here because of the paper at all." He said quickly. "I just really like... this corridor. It's... great, definitely my favorite one." He said, mentally grasping for reasons for this statement. "I mean, it's complete coincidence to run into you here." He added, attempting to sound calm and collected.

Nell couldn't help the giggles that trickled out of her as Jasper fumbled for something to say. She hadn't wanted to just take it on assumption that he was looking for her, but it was nice to know that was the case. "I see." She smiled slightly, unable to suppress the small flutter of her heart. "So you definitely don't want to hang out with me then." She teased, grinning broadly at the Slytherin.

Jasper got the uncomfortable feeling that Nell was looking right through him, which made him feel nervous. Could she tell he liked her? She had a lot more experience with that than he did. Was that why she was giggling? Jasper shuffled his feet. "No, definitely not." He said, though he could hardly keep a straight face. "But while we're here, completely coincidentally, I guess we can hang out." He said, then paused for a moment before blurting out. "And maybe we can hang out at the yule ball too."

Nell had been pleased that Jasper was looking for her personally, but she was ecstatic at what he said next. She couldn't help the broad grin that split her face when he mentioned the Yule Ball, even as a small spike of fear struck her heart. Jasper was one of her best friends, and if this didn't go well, she could lose him, just like she had lost Selene. But... their last date had been fun, and surely one more couldn't hurt. Maybe it would just be fun and casual, like last year. One date wasn't anything to be afraid of. So she gave Jasper a mischevious smile, pretending to think for a moment. "Hmmm, maybe we could..." She teased. "Are you asking me, or just posing a hypothetical?"

The grin on Nell's face was adorable, and Jasper couldn't help grinning back at her even if he was nervous. He could tell Nell was only pretending to consider it, and it made him feel a bit more secure. "I'm asking." He finally said. "Unless you're going to say no, in that case it's a hypothetical."

Jasper's grin only broadened Nell's own grin, and for once she didn't try to ignore the fluttering of her heart with the Slytherin nearby. A date with Jasper was sure to be fun if nothing else, and she knew she would kick herself for ages if she said no. "Well, it's a good thing I'm saying yes, then." She said cheerfully, feeling the blood heating her cheeks as she spoke.

Jasper felt his heart beating quickly, wondering if Nell was going to turn him down. He knew she would be nice about it, turn it into a joke so he didn't have to admit out loud how much it crushed him. But instead, she said yes. He couldn't help grinning. "Cool." He said, his shoulders sagging a bit in relief. "Awesome."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back