Estrella Drage

Obliviator for MACUSA | HNZ 1st Graduating Class

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
Estrella made her way to the library with a decorated muggle bag slung over her shoulder, the contents of it extremely light as they were only parchment, an ink bottle, and a quill. She sighed as she set these things down, leaving her bag on a rather comfortable armchair, and started looking.

She had never researched the odd power she seemed to possess, and although she knew that the answers lie with her family, she didn't exactly want to be in contact with them. Instead, she was subject to hours of fruitless searching.

She soon became frustrated. She had found information on pyrokinetics, who seemed to be able to fuel their fire by emotion, which she could do, in her case. Except, with emotion, she seemed to be able to blow things up.

Giving an exasperated sigh, an irritated expression on her face, she wondered whether she would ever find any answers, skimming through pages upon pages for any information she could find. There seemed to be none.

Professor King entered the library in search of a book that Flourish and Blotts failed to supply. As he walked nearer to the centre of the room he noticed Estrella with a rather frustrated look on her face, "Anything I can help with?" he asked kindly, but not presumptiously.

Estrella smiled weakly back at Professor King. "I'm just looking for something that I don't know much about, and the library doesn't seem to have anything on it," she replied, "Do you know anything about innate powers?"

((srry, gotta go, be on tmrw))

"I fear I am unsure what you mean by innate powers." Professor King began, suspecting this might have something to do with what Sophia had told him about, "Blood abilities?"

Professor Nicolas King said:
Professor King entered the Hospital wing in search of a book that Flourish and Blotts failed to supply. As he walked nearer to the centre of the room he noticed Estrella with a rather frustrated look on her face, "Anything I can help with?" he asked kindly, but not presumptiously.
[You entered the Hospital Wing? I did not know the Library was in the Hospital Wing now.

Beyond making fun of you, I wanted to throw out that Sophia does not yet know she is related to Estrella.]

Sophia Stark said:
Professor Nicolas King said:
Professor King entered the Hospital wing in search of a book that Flourish and Blotts failed to supply. As he walked nearer to the centre of the room he noticed Estrella with a rather frustrated look on her face, "Anything I can help with?" he asked kindly, but not presumptiously.
[You entered the Hospital Wing? I did not know the Library was in the Hospital Wing now.

Beyond making fun of you, I wanted to throw out that Sophia does not yet know she is related to Estrella.]
(((I've fixed it; my brain was all over the place yesterday.

Also, Professor King doesn't know either... :wacko: )))

((I don't know I'm related to Sophia yet either :wacko:))

"Well, in a sense," Estrella said, feeling awkward asking about it. "I'm pretty sure my dad can do it, but I don't know about anyone else." She smiled weakly. "I can blow things up when I get angry. It seems to be something connected to emotion, but I know next to nothing."

"It doesn't have to be tied to emotion." Professor King replied, "It can be learned, tamed, mastered." he continued, "Though that still doesn't account for how frustrated you seemed."

"I think it's just not knowing things that frustrates me," Estrella answered with a weak smile, shaking her head, having taken in everything that he had said. "Maybe it's a Ravenclaw thing- But I hate being left without answers. Or unable to access them." It was true; she despised being left in the dark about this whole thing.

"Well, I am not quite sure what it is that you don't know." Professor King admitted, "Also it isn't only you--or only Ravenclaws that get annoyed when they don't know things." he informed her with a smile.

((holler at me if I'm being too redundant. :p ))

Estrella smiled weakly; Professor King did have a point. She moved towards the bookcases, skimming through the titles, trying to see if anything would relate to what she was looking for. "I'm trying to find out information on being able to blow things up from the inside out. At least, things that aren't living. But nothing is mentioned here!"

"Well you'll never find information on specific gifts really, unless your family writes a book. You will probably only find books on blood abilities in general." he explained, "However even that is not garunteed in the normal section of the Library." He continued as he watched her glance at all the book titles.

"Do you know where I could find any books on blood abilities?" Estrella asked hopefully, looking to Professer King.

"Well there should be at least one book that mentions them here." Professor King began as he ponderedthe books he could recall and where he had found them, "Flourish and Blotts might have something, though it probably wouldn't be on the shelves." he continued. "I may have something in my office as well, although I am not positive about that either." he continued hesitantly.

"Really?" Estrella asked in wonder, raising her eyebrows. "Do you know what category it would be in?" She wanted to ask him to look through his books, but was a mite shy and didn't want to bother him any more than he already was.

"Probably in a general subject, like 'Magic' if you find one here it won't tell you much, probably just that they exsist and maybe how they are passed on." Professor King informed Estrella as he glanced about the shelves trying to think of a title that might mention blood abilities in it.

Estrella sighed; she might be better off looking for it at work, although that would be a long search. Finally mustering up the courage, she inquired boldly, "Would you happen to have any books on these blood abilities, Professor King?"

"As I said earlier, I'm not sure if I do, I quite possibly could, if so I haven't seen it in quite the while -- I forget what I have anymore." he said, scratching his head, suddenly feeling excruciatingly old despite the fact that he was still less than 30.

Estrella had to surpress a smirk at Professor King, knowing what it was like to have entirely too many books. "It's not a big deal," Estrella said, smiling. "I have no idea what books I have back at home either. I swear I've read every one in the house."

She paced around the shelves. "Well, could you let me know if you find that book? If it isn't too much of a hassle, of course."

"I figure if I have it it'd be in my office and wouldn't take too much looking to find." Professor King replied.

Estrella smiled back at Professor King, nodding in reply. "I appreciate the help. I hate being confused all the time."

"That is quite understandable." Professor King responded as he left the library to look for the book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back