Needing a place to stay.

Alexander Remington

OOC First Name
Annie
Wand
Better than yours =P
Alex walked quickly down the path to the mansion. It was large, with wide windows covered by heavy drapes. The perfect place to hide. He new his old friend was a hermit herself, so they should get along just fine. He had never known her to get close to anyone, except for himself that is. He thought back to those hot steamy nights they had shard as he helped her out of Greece for a short while, before that horrible man took her back. He would never forgive himself for letting that happen.

We walked up the walk way, every moment expecting green light to flash about his eyes. He jumped up the last two steps and knocked quietly on the hard oak door. At first, he heard nothing, but after a few moments he heard footsteps. He tried to look innocent when the door opened. "Hey, um. Long time no see."

Adrianna rose from bed. It was still warm, and her lover lay asleep next to her. She tried to think what had brought her to and it took her a moment to remember. Finally it hit her. Flesh hitting oak. Some one was knocking on her door. But who? She carefully got out of bed, her cat like grace making it soundless. She switched her eyes into power, and hearing, and smell. She crept along, wand erect, waiting to attack. No one knew where she lived, it had to be her father.

She reached the door. She couldn't hear anything one the other side of door, save for gentle breathing. Who ever it was, there heart was racing. She crouched, one hand on the knob, one in the air, poised to attack. She flung open the door and started to mutter a spell only to stop half way.

"Hey, um. Long time no see."

Her wand drooped as she saw a blond man standing in front of her. Memories of early love and heated passion hit her, and immidately she wanted to kill him. Instead she yanked him in by the collar. "What are you doing here?" She hissed.

He wasn't exactly expecting a friends hello, but he thought the collar yanking was a little out of line. Alex brushed away her hand, making a face. "A hello would have been nice." He sauntered across the room, picking the biggest, plushest chair there. He swung his feet onto a glass coffee table with gold trim, knocking over a glass goblet, spilling wine over the table. He smirked, his voice cocky with a hint of jealousy. "So sleeping with any guys lately?"

One of her fists clenched, and she gritted her teeth at his smartalec remark. Crossing the room quickly, she slapped him across his face. Hoping to knock the grin right off it. The action made a very satisfying smack, and she smiled. Bending over the chair seductively, so her could see her full assets she smiled. "You would no all about that now wouldn't you my dear Alex."

She stood up and plopped down into the chair adjacent from him. Sliding one leg over the other, she watched him, gaging his reaction. She grinned, staring into his bright yellow eyes. They would freak out even the most hardened criminal, but she could remember a time when the would turn gold with passion. She had to admit, even though they were young, and he hadn't been able to save her, she did love him. At least to some extent. "So, who are you running from this time, Yellow fever."

Her skin hit hard against his face, for a moment disorienting him. His yellow eyes narrowed to slits. They had always a very 'physical' relationship together. He watched her bend over, and could not help but look to her bounty. She had such a beautiful body. He struggled with keeping himself under control. In his mind he could imagine himself pinning her against the wall and kissing her, something he had been thinking about for many years.

She sat in front of him, her words almost lost to him. Finally he listened, and his face became serious. Play time would come later. As normal, when he was worried he leaned forward and began to rub his temples. He sighed. "Adrianna, I need some where to go. I got into some stuff. You really don't want the details, trust me. But now the German underground are after me."

She rolled her eyes. He always seemed to get himself into trouble. She leaned forward, pretending to go though some papers that were laying on the table. Some of them were drenched in red wine. She had been drinking it earlier when Gregory and her had one of their out of the blue wow moments. They had fallen asleep afterward and she had neglected to put it away. She made a face and started to lick her fingers like she had paws.

Alex was one of the few people who knew she was an animagus, besides the ministry. She shook her head at him. She really didn't want to put her relationship with Gregory at risk. She loved him so much. If Alex stayed, she had no doubt in her mind, that she would become a very bad girl. Her voice became low and foreboding. "I don't care what you have going on but you leave. This instant. Things are actually going good for me. Get out." The last two words were a roar, shaking the whole house, and no doubtedly loud enough to wake her sleeping lover.

The roar shook him to the core. Alex was shocked. She had never denied him anything. He never thought he would have to resort to graveling but if that's what it took. He couldn't think strait as he fell onto his knees. He folded his hands, looking up at her, and hoping she would take pity on him. "Adrianna please, you're all I have left. Please help me. I helped you didn't I? Even when it almost cost me my life! Please Adrianna."

Gregory sighed happily into the soft white covers of the queen sized bed. The warmth of the room had lessened somewhat, though he could not for the life of him figure out why. "Adrianna?" he called softly with his head still buried into the pillows. There was a twinge in his midsection, then a roar rocked the walls throughout the entire house, shaking him to the core. Without another word, Greg was up and sprinting down the corridor in a white cotton shirt and light blue pajama pants. Adrianna had never let out such a noise in his presence, and he skidded to a halt at the large archway that opened into the lounge room. It appeared they had company.

"Oh!"
said Greg in alarm as he stared down at the scene before him. A man, completely unknown to him, was on his knees before Adrianna in a desperate pose. His lady was looking gorgeous in the sunlight but absolutely livid, glaring down at the man as though she wanted to eat him alive. "Is everything alright?"

Alex looked up at the man who had entered the room. Everything made more sense now. He looked the man over, he didn't look like someone Adrianna used to date, He looked more like a boy than a man. Alex looked down and stood. He looked over to Adrianne, a bit of anger still left in his eyes. "Yes, I'm just an old friend of Adrianna's." Alex said in a casual way.

"I didn't know she had anyone else living with her." He tried to force a smile, but no luck. "I don't think we've meet before, I'm Alexander." He looked back to Adrianna hoping she wouldn't rat him out. This was defiantly not what he expected to happen when he walked through the front door.

Adrianna growled, it was small but had power in it, and it was directed completely at Alex. Her cat eyes narrowed, and she plopped back down into her seat. Motioning for her love to join her. She had hoped that she could just kick him out and be done with it, but it seamed no that she might actually have to talk to him. She really didn't want Gregory to be alarmed. She sighed, hating the situation she was in. 'Why can't my past leave me alone.'

She smiled at Gregory, trying to keep her posture calm and relaxed. When ever she would look at Alex her look would harden. It was true, she did at one point love him, but there was still a part of her that would never forgive him for not being able to stop her father. Even if it wasn't his fault. She cleared her throat and put on a cheery voice. "Its okay love. He was just leaving, Right Remi?"

Needless to say, Greg was completely flabbergasted. Instinctively he made to shake Alexander's hand politely, but Adrianna's growl stopped him in his tracks. Apparently this wasn't someone to be greeting warmly. Yet somehow something must be up, for Adrianna had never mentioned this man before to him, and he looked like he had done some traveling by his windswept clothes. "I'm Gregory Yearling," he introduced himself, determined to be polite despite Adrianna's hostility. "Pleased to meet 'ye," he said in his gentle English accent.

Both people opposite him had Do-Not-Cross barriers up in his mind. Greg blinked at his love in surprise. She was sending him out so soon? "It's a bit cold out, lovely." he said to her quietly. "Why don't 'ye have something warm to drink before 'ye move on?" said Greg to Alexander hospitably. He had taken Adrianna for her word that he was moving on soon, but by the other man's earlier posture that might not be the case. With a hesitant look towards Adrianna, he asked "Is there anything we can do for 'ye?"

Alex tried to stay calm as he was run with emotions. This Gregory seemed like a likable guy, but Alex couldn't help but be jealous of him. After all, Alex could tell Adrianna cared for him a lot. Enough to pass up at fun. He sighed and put on his best smile. Ignoring Adrianna's evil glares. "A drink would be nice, I've been traveling in the nips for days. Better than the 'warm ' welcome Kitty gave me here." He chuckled, giving Adrianna a cocky look. "In all actuallity, I'm in desperate need for a place to stay."

Adrianna quickly uncrossed her legs and stood up. She couldn't believe he was bringing this up. Knowing Greg's kind nature he probably would say yes and let him stay. Adrianna would never let another person stay in her home. Save for Greg of course. Her cheeks flamed up with blood. Across her vision the beamed streaks of red. She wasn't going to have him come in here and ruin her relationship. "Greg! He is running from the law. He will only bring us trouble."

She Ran to him, pulling his arms around him. Trying to plead to him. Her body was warm as she pressed up against him. Trying intentionally to cloud his mind and make him bend to her will, just has she had so many other times with so many other guys. It worked every time. She sighed heavily against his neck. "Let just toss him out on his butt and be done with it my love."

Poor Greg was looking between the two people as though he had no idea what to do. First of all, it seemed like Alexander really was in trouble. After all, he had come in early in the morning like this and from what Greg had seen, was literally begging on his knees for sanctuary. Yet Adrianna seemed to think it a terrible idea. If Alexander was running from the law, did that make him some sort of criminal? He just didn't understand. He knew Alex was an old friend of Adrianna's, so why turn him away if they were? ....

Oh.

Greg swallowed inwardly. They had been together. No wonder she was so adamant that he leave. But to not offer him at least a night here would be to go against his very nature. Adrianna moved to him, and he could feel her warmth pressing in from what seemed like every side. His judgment was swaying ... why not just let him out into the cold. Cold! he thought with a jolt.

He wrapped an arm around Adrianna's waist but the words that left his lips were not what she would want to hear. "A night will do no harm. We'll do what we can." Greg emphasized the 'we' as he looked down in his beautiful woman's blonde hair. He leaned down and pressed a kiss to the top of her head comfortingly. She would not be happy, but Greg could not live with himself if he turned Alexander away like this ... no matter what she and him had been together in the past.

Adrianna bit her lip, raising her eyes to give Gregory a very cold look. If looks could freeze, he'd be an ice cube. Her fingers dug into his skin, clenching his shirt. She suppressed the growl that had rose in her chest, causing a slight whimpering sound. She pressed her flushed face against his shirt, trying to decide what to say. She could storm out, but that wouldn't solve much and either way she planned on jumping on Gregory sometime soon.

She sighed and whipped around. Quickly her hand found its target, Alex's neck. She squeezed hard, cutting off his air. Her face leaned in close, almost close enough to kiss, but her lips were curved into a sneer. Her eyes filled with hatred for him disturbing her happiness. Hes growled, loud, and deep. The windows shook with it. "If you brought anything with you, I promise your neck will be mine to chew on. You know who is out there Remi."

Alex's eye's were wide at how horrible Adrianna was acting. People had told him not to trust her, but this was a new high by far. He was aware of Gregory saying something, the next thing he new Adrianna was choking him. He couldn't breathe and he knew she was serious. a small gurgle arose from his throat. He felt light headed but knew what Adrianna was saying.

He hadn't seen her father in years but she didn't want to take any chances. It made more sense to him now. Her roar shook him and he shut his eye's giving up a bit. He could always go to Kari. He didn't want to but he couldn't stand to see Adrianna this way. besides she had this new life and boyfriend to go with it. He felt hurt but would never admit it. He looked up at her seeing the rage in her eye's. He hoped she would let go but he new better than to try and pry her off.

"Adrianna!" cried Gregory in alarm. He had been momentarily distracted by her face pressed into his chest, but now she was filling the house with those bone-chilling growls. Eep! said Greg in his mind as she moved towards Alexander. Before he could protest, Adrianna hand her hand wrapped around his throat and seemed to be choking the life out of him before his eyes. Alexander made no move to fight back, and Greg just simply had to step in.

"Lovely, please!"
he cried, wrapping his arms around her from behind in a soft hug. "It will be fine for one night," he said as he kissed the side of her neck gently but with eyes worrying for poor Alexander. "I don't think he means any harm, and I am confident that he will be alright to stay for just a night. Do 'ye not remember when I was in the cold? What would have happened had 'ye turned me away?" True, it was summer right now, but there were wild animals in this neck of the woods (and it seemed one in particular who was not fond of Alex's company) and he would have found a hotel if he had the money to. So it seemed that he really had no-where else to turn.

"I will take care of us," he told Adrianna comfortingly, but in his mind he was also imploring her for Alexander's sake. "Let him down, love."

Adrianna released her grip. She turned into Gregory's arms. She knew that as long as she was with him every thing would be alright. She felt bad for scaring her lover but he knows far to well how deadly she can be. She sighed heavily into his arms, muttering something about a strong cup of tea. She gripped him and kissed him hard, making sure to put on a real show for Alex. It was her way of letting him know he wasn't going to get to her. She smiled happily. "There, now I feel a bit better."

Alex fell to the floor gasping for breath. It was nice that the pressure was gone from his neck. He looked up to see Adrianna pull Gregory in for a long hot kiss. His jaw dropped but only for a second. He lifted himself up and brushed off his cloths, smiling when the attention was turned back on him. He could already feel the bruises forming on his neck. He would have to take care of those later. Instead he just nodded and sat down. "Is kitty still good at licking lips, Gregory?"

Greg smiled as Adrianna released Alexander, although not approving of him being dropped to the floor. He opened his mouth to thank her, but instead found his lips covered by Adrianna's own. Immediately he turned a bright flaming red, knowing that Alex was still in the room, but as always he couldn't deny her what she wanted and found himself being swept away in the tide. Finally he was released though his hands were on her shoulders for support, and he whipped them away swiftly.

"Is kitty still good at licking lips...?" he just heard Alexander say, and he turned (if possible) even redder still.

Greg tried to give Adrianna a chiding look, but it didn't work out quite as he had hoped. Instead he ended up looking bewildered. His lips soon began to turn pink as well from her passionate kisses, and now he looked like the Sun, framed in golden curls. "Er... how about breakfast, then?" he suggested weakly to them both.

Adrianna gave Alex a hate full look and moved into the kitchen. She really wasn't hungry for any thing but cabobed Alex. She snickered to herself, while putting on some Chamomile tea to calm her. She felt that itch to go hunting again. She sighed, and looked for her lover's sweet embrace. She knew he would understand why she was so edgy right now. This was the longest she had gone with out changing, a record for her. She sighed. It was getting harder every minute. "Are you sure you want him to stay the night here love?"

As Alex sauntered into the kitchen, he heard the whistle of the tea kettle. He sat down, happy that at least he had a place for tonight. He couldn't help but wonder what had happened to Adrianna since she'd been here. She was still fierce as ever, but something in her had softened. He felt all the hurt, of someone taking her heart, but wouldn't let it show. He was hoping for a more perminate stay but it seams that might not happen. He would just have to turn on his infallible charm.

He looked up from his thoughts, watching her embraced by him. She spoke to him softly. He remembered a time when she had been like that with him. It was a long time ago. He sighed. "So, You like it here Gregory?"

Greg gave Adrianna a soft kiss on her forehead, before leaning in to whisper. "Why don't 'ye go hunting. I'll make breakfast for Alexander and I." He returned her hug gently in his strong embrace. "And don't worry. I can handle anything he dishes out." Smoothly he bustled off to pour a cup of tea for he and Alexander, looking to Adrianna to see if she wanted one before she left. Just in case, he got three cups out of the cupboard, knowing where all the cutlery and dishware was now.

"I do like it here," he replied to Alexander with a friendly smile, for that was his way of things. "I don't mind the solitude and the grounds are beautiful. I hope 'ye enjoy it while 'ye are here. The pond is nice to visit, and I've started harvesting the vegetables I've planted so we'll have something nice for dinner." It was as if everything before hadn't happened, and that he was welcoming a guest instead. Alexander may be handsome and persuasive, but Gregory had his own natural charm that seemed to make everyone smile. Despite the perceived history between Adrianna and Alex, he was fully intent of welcoming him into their home.

Adrianna nodded at his offer for her to go hunt. The Itch had almost become unbareble. She walked over to Gregory and gave him a kiss on the cheek, as she did so she slid her wand into his back pocket. It was nice having some one she could trust like this. She smiled and made her voice sweet. "Make sure there is a cup waiting for me when I get back love." She kissed him lightly on the lips before walking out, ignoring Alex.

She bent over as the change started, for the first time in a long time it was painful. Almost like it couldn't wait to start and it were bursting out of her skin. She growled slightly at the pain, something she knew Greg might hear and worry. Her skin slipped, and her bones snapped quickly and painfully into their new spots. It was painful enough for her to whimper and collapse as she waited for her fur to spring out. It only took a second, and then she was laying on the ground, in front of the window, in her new form.

The snow leopard stretched, its human self asleep beneath her skin. The pain had knocked her out, and now the leopard could do as she pleased. She got up, her muscles protesting the movement and made herself run. The change had been rough but she was strong. To prove it to any watchers she jumped on a near by rabbit, right in front of the window. She growled heavily as she killed it.

Alex turned his attention to Adrianna, she was changing and the sight was beautiful. He had seen her morph before but it was so extraordinary he couldn't turn away. She seemed to be in pain, 'She's waited to long.' He thought as he watched. Before he knew it she was in her animagus form. He watched as she killed the rabbit in front of the window, till he turned back to Gregory.

"It is beautiful country out here." He smirked. It was not as nice as Germany but it would be the perfect place to hide a few years. He would find a job and a place of his own soon. He still had the important information to pass on to Kari, but it could wait. "A fresh dinner would be nice, it's been a while since I've had a sit down dinner." He looked up and smiled, his yellow eyes glistening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back