Need Some Air? Go For A Fly

Derrik Agile

OOC First Name
Luis
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn

"Where in the world have you been? It's been a little too long you know...the least I could get is a letter or something....You need to come back. Things are getting really weird without you around." Derrik was talking to himself. Maybe that random voice that comes by every so often could comfort him.

"You can't expect him to magically appear out of nowhere. Sorry for the bad pun. He's been gone for a while. You could message him yourself you know. But then again, you don't know where he went."

Derrik got up from his bed. The day wasn't that bad, sun was shining and hiding behind a few clouds.

"I think I'll go for a fly....it might help me clear my head." As Derrik walked outside, he saw the spot where his other friend sat and would talk for time on end. It hurt just to walk by it. Doing so would just make thoughts fly like bullets shot from a gun. Once Derrik reached the Pitch, he grabbed a broom from flying class and hopped on it.

Like he did in his classes, he took proper procedure before getting on. Derrik was finally ready and only stood within a few feet from the ground. He did a few laps and embraced the wind hitting his face even though he was going at a slow pace. This is exactly what he needed to unwind. But sooner than ever, the thoughts came back. Derrik stopped and whispered under his breath...Tala...where are you?...."

Tala had been fighting back tears the entire time he had been back at Hogwarts and searching the grounds for Derrik. He had left suddenly, when the news reached him that his Grandmother had died. His parents quickly pulled him out of school and there had been no time for him to say anything to Derrik. He didn't even have an owl to use to send a letter to Derrik explaining he was back in Russia. A small sob escaped before he could stop it and he stopped walking. He couldn't stop the tears after that. He fell to his knees and buried his head in his hands. He wasn't even aware he had stopped by the Quidditch Pitch.

Derrik had still been at the pitch. He was about to turn around when he saw someone run into the pitch. There was no way that he could forget that body and hair. He made his way quickly to the body.
"Tala...?" he thought to himself.

Derrik got off his broom and ran toward him. He almost tackled him to the ground with mixed emotions. He was happy to see him but upset with him.

"Tala where have you been?" he said as he hugged him tightly not wanting to let go.

Tala felt a body tackle him to the ground. He heard the familiar voice in his ear through his sobs and he calmed down enough to say the boys name. "Derrik?" It was a hesitant question, he couldn't be sure if Derrik was angry at him or not. He dropped his hands from his face and threw his arms around Derrik, not caring if he was angry at him or not. He sobbed softly into Derriks chest. He just wanted to be comforted by his friend.

Tala looked up at Derrik he could see the look in his eyes. Never had he felt so built up in so long. Derrik wanted to murder Tala, comfort him, rip him to shreds, hold him, yell at him...even kiss him.

"Tala..where have you been? I've missed you like you wouldn't know." he wanted to look in his eyes.

"I've thought about you ever since you left. Please tell me...what happened..." Derrik now too was being reduced to tears. Derrik continued to hug him after he spoke.

Tala stopped crying and was now just sniffing, wiping stray tears that were leaking from his eyes on his friends shirt. "Oh Derrik. I missed you too" He said tightening his arms around his friend.
"I was in Russia" He paused and took a few deep breaths as he remembered being there "My...my G-grandmama" He had to pause. The pain, it was still so very fresh "She died" He said quietly into the fabric of Derriks top, tears falling again.

Derrik listened to words he wouldn't want to hear from anyone. His family member died...and none other than his grandmother.

"Tala...I'm so sorry" There wasn't much that Derrik could say. He could only comfort his best friend.

"It's alright now...you're here and I'm here to comfort you in any way needed. You're grandma..she's in a better place. Be happy for her." Derrik didn't really now how to handle this but he was trying the best he could.

"I know" he said softly, pulling himself away from Derrik slightly so he could wipe his face with his sleeve. He looked Derrik in the eyes and tried to smile at him. His bottom lip quivered again and he had bit the inside of his cheek to stop from crying again. "I'm so sorry Derrik" He said looking away from him. "I would have sent you a letter, but I had no owl, and we left so suddenly, in the middle of class and there was no time to tell you and and...I'm such a bad friend, you must have been so worried, so angry, so sad." He was babbling, he knew.

Derrik listened. It was true. He was upset and worried about Tala. This boy was the one that kept him sane through everything. Then there was this feeling growing up in Derrik. He didn't know what it was but he soon found himself moving closer to Tala. He looked in his eyes for a minute and then it happened.

Derrik pressed his lips against Tala's. It had been so long since he'd wanted to do it. The feeling of Tala's lips against Derrik's was more then he could ever imagine. Ever since Tala left he'd gotten closer to him somehow. Derrik backed away to give Tala time to breath.

"Tala...right now I could care less. You are here with me and I'm happy. I understand why you left but things happen.." Derrik moved a little closer to Tala.

Tala was wide eyed as he felt Derrik kiss him. Yes Kiss him. He had been Kissed. Kissed by Derrik. Derrik. He brought a hand up to his lips and touched them. It had been a quick kiss, but he could still feel Derriks lips on his. He dropped his hand and looked at Derrik. "I....I" He stopped, trying to make a coherent thought come to his lips. He couldn't, so instead he leaned towards Derrik and pressed his lips against Derriks for a quick kiss. Blushing he pulled away.

Of course it was quite expecting but Tala returned the kiss. He couldn't come up with a thought so a kiss would seal the deal. Derrik actually enjoyed it. This is what he'd been wanting from Tala. He never knew until now. As fast as the kiss was it ended. Tala was left blushing.

"Well now...that was...really different." Derrik smiled as his blushing Russian chocolate boy.
"No need to blush" Derrik moved as close as possible to Tala and held him. This was another moment that lasted forever. Derrik has his Russian boy back.

Tala puffed his cheeks and buried his face in Derriks shirt. "Shut up" he mumbled softly. He let a smile grace his lips for the first time in a while though. "Thank you" He said softly pulling away and looking into Derriks eyes, letting him see the smile, though the blush still was on his cheeks.

Derrik looked in Tala's eyes just as he did. He saw him smile.

"There is that smile that I've been missing." Derrik was just hapy now that they where back together. Things had been so wierd and confusing. All Derrik could ever want to do is just stay where they were. Didn't matter if they got introuble for being out at night. Now it was time to figure something out....what would they do. Then it hit him.

"Hey...I know this might sound odd at this time but....Yule ball is going on and I was woundering....if you want to go with me?" Now Derrik was the one who started to blush. He ruffled his hair like he always did when he was nervous.

Tala blinked. The Yule ball...he had completely forgotten that this was on at this time. He gave Derrik another small grin and nodded shyly. Of course he would go to the Yule ball with him, there was no way he would not. He then noticed Derriks blush.

"No need to blush" He said, a hint of amusement in his voice. Wasn't he just getting teased for blushing.

Derrik smiled. He never thought that he'd have the power to ask Tala to go to Yule Ball with him. Therefor he blushed.

"Good....now its time to figure out what I'll ware and stuff and what time to be there and..." Derrik stopped. He thought to himself Why must I bable on sometimes like an idiot?

"Sorry about that. Its just...I never thought I'd be able to ask you and stuff...not that its wierd going with you or anything." Derrik blushed again as he spoke. Now another...what to do now? Derrik was sure that neither of them wanted to move from where they stood.

Tala let out a small chuckle as he listened to Derrik rambling. His smile faded slightly when Derrik said that he never thought he would be able to ask him, which was ll his fault, cause he had left. He could have easily asked someone else to go, but he waited, the entire time he was gone, Derrik waited for him.

"I'm sure you'll look good in anything" He said a blush rising to his cheeks after he said it.

"Oh you're only saying that to make me feel better." Derrik put on a puppy face and tried hiding the blush. He could never hide his true feelings and emotions for Tala. They always just came up.

"Well in that case, what are you going to ware then?" Derrik already was testing Tala's bounderies. It was fun to see how far someone would bend before they snapped.

Tala gave another chuckle. "I'm sure I'd look good if I went wrapped in a sheet, maybe your sheet, but then people would start talking." It was getting easier for him to fall back into how he was before he went away.

"But I suppose I'd have to go in my suit"
He thought to the suit he had and his smile dropped slightly. He had worn it recently...at the funeral. Would he be able to wear it again so soon?

"Would it really matter if people would talk? They wouldn't understand so meh." Derrik could help but chuckle a little bit. Derrik thought of how cute Tala would look if he was in a suit. He almost blushed but felt his ears turn red. That was a good sign to quit before he'd be caught.

"I'm going to have fun looking for something to wear. I don't have much of a tux but I'm sure I have one somewhere." Derrik was still clinging to Tala.

"So..what do you want to do now that you're back?" Derrik smiled.

Tala thought about it. Honestly, he just wanted to curl into a ball on his bed and cry, but that would get him nowhere fast, but he still had to let it out at some point. He also wanted to spend time with Derrik, to make up for leaving. He ruffled Derriks hair, something that he had been longing to do again.

"I'm content at the moment to stay like this" It seemed like a good answer.

Derrik let Tala ruffle his hair. It felt good to feel that again. Then Derrik thought about Tala. Its not all about getting back together and lovey dove-like.

"Tala...I know you're happy to be back here with me and all and it may seem like we're getting back to the way things where but...I feel wierd now." Derrik ruffled Tala's hair softly.

"You just got back from you're grandmama's funeral. I know you might of have enough time grieving over it but the pain doesn't just disappear that fast. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm more than happy to have you back but if you ever need time alone....I understand." Derrik was hoping that Tala wouldn't just hop back into his life. Tala needed time to get over his loss and Derrik was sorry for him but he knew that grandmama was in a better place and would want to see Tala happy.

"Me and G-grandmama were very close" He said biting his bottom lip. "There wasn't enough time for me to grieve, I had to be strong" He tried to be like his brother when they were in Russia, no crying and it had worked some until the funeral itself. No one blamed him for his tears, he was only 12 after all. He Hugged Derrik again lightly.

"What do I want to do know that I am back?"
He said "Honestly, Derrik, I just want to cry, curled up on my bed, clutching her picture" He said, answering truthfully.

Derrik understood the pain quite well.

"Tala...there isn't a need to cry in your bed silly. I'm here to help anyway I can and you know that." Derrik felt Tala hug him lightly. He ruffled his hair the same way.

"But also...keep this in mind...don't be upset that she's gone but be happy for all the things that she's done for you and your family." Derrik was trying really hard to make Tala happy. Weither it be by just being there or giving him words of comfort.

Tala's bottom lip quivered again. "I know...It'll just take some time" He stopped talking as his voice started to crack. He just shook his head and put his head on Derriks shoulder, seeking comfort. He would have done this with his mother, but she would have ended up crying and running to her room. "I will miss her...and her fudge" He said trying to lighten the mood.

Derrik let Tala do whatever he needed to comfort himself. Derrik also giggled a bit.

"Don't worry. I'm sure wasn't the only one who knew how to make them." Derrik moved Tala over so Derrik could get up. He held out a hand to help him up.

"Shall we get going?" Derrik didn't want to leave his side but if they were going to the Yule Ball, they needed time to get ready and all. They'll be spending more time together anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back