Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
too young to care
Wand
Curly 11" Flexible Cypress Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Leonardo had after that initial near five hours of waiting for grandfather not had much time to come back to the magical world. His grandfather had sent him to muggle school for a few weeks and then pulled him out again when he’d felt better, though Leo would argue that he was just a different sort of better. He had spent a good few weeks teaching Leo or beginning to teach Leo about the stars in the sky and elements of astronomy. It was just that he had no sense of time; his grandfather and Leo didn’t have much time to sleep when he was being taught in the evenings and to the first signs of daylight. So he’d been especially pleased when his grandfather’s energy had waned enough that he brought him to the magical world again.

Leo would’ve much rather sleep the time away but with no one else at home his grandfather would never let him stay there. He’d been dropped off at the park, no money, just a rucksack with half a lunch that Leo had been able to grab himself before being dragged out. He was exhausted. He stood at the edge of the park and watched the other kids play and instead of interacting with them he went to the grassy area and from his bag took out a picnic blanket he’d been able to grab and lay that down. He then lay down on the picnic blanket and looked up at the cloudy blue sky. He didn’t know how long he’d be here so he wasn’t surprised when the fresh air and vague sounds were sending him to sleep.

Felix was getting really tired of kicking a ball around by himself. He had gotten used to Sawyer and Theia being gone but the fact that he was so close to going to school himself made the waiting feel like it was going to take forever. He would be sad to leave Thistle alone but he was pretty sure if any of their siblings could handle dad on their own Thistle....wasn't the first pick but he was sure she would manage. But she hadn't wanted to play with him today so he was left alone at the park while their dad was off doing whatever grown ups came to Brightstone for.

The tattered old soccer ball had seen better days and he wouldn't be surprised if it was actually older than he was. He dribbled around the grass, imagining dodge and invisible team trying to stop him With one big kick he imagined scoring a goal and held up his hands in victory but froze when he noticed he had kicked it at a boy who appeared to be sleeping. "Sorry!" he yelled out, and hid his face in his hands before he could see if it hit him or not.

The noise around Leo faded easily, life with his grandfather had made him good at shutting out distractions. He didn’t have to work that hard to manage it. He was startled awake when he felt something hit him. He immediately sat up and glanced around himself in surprise, being able to piece together from the ball and the boy who was looking towards him that this boy had kicked the ball and it had hit him. Leo held up a hand to say it was okay before getting up and lightly kicking the ball back towards the ball, there wasn’t a whole lot of power in his kick but enough that the ball was sure to have it slowly arrive to him. Leonardo had played football before, whenever he was at muggle school he got roped into playing by a teacher looking to get him more involved with his peers, he was good too, the amount of sports his grandfather made him do helped him be fast and agile, but he wouldn’t ask this other boy if he could play, and instead just sat back down when the ball had rolled far enough away from him.

Felix slowly opened his eyes again and to his relief the boy seemed to at least not look too mad at him. Or if he was mad he wasn't showing it very well as he softly kicked the ball back towards him. "Sorry." he said again as he jogged up to close some of the distance between them and meet the ball. "What are you doing out here?" he asked him and looked around to see if there was anyone else around he could be with. "You looked quite comfortable." he commented before trying to do a trick with the ball and missing completely and having to chase after it.

Leonardo hadn't expected the boy to keep talking to him, rarely kids his own age did. He gave a little head shake at the sorry before just looking at the ground around him. "I'm waiting for my grandfather to be done in the villiage," he told him very matter of factly, Leonardo spoke with a largely kiwi accent having been raised and spent time around other New Zealanders but it had a distinct english hint to it. He spoke in a serious tone, matched with a serious expression. "The ground is quite comfortable," He added almost in agreement to what the boy had said without actually saying he agreed that he had been comfortable. "I can move if I'm in your way?"

Felix came back with the ball and kicked it gently between his feet, feeling to restless to just stand still. "Oh yeah? I'm waiting for my dad and sister." he blurted out when the other boy mentioned waiting for his grandfather. He noticed that he spoke kind of funny like he might not be from around here which he was deeply fascinated by. "What's your grandfather doing?" Felix asked curiously and wondered if it was something dangerous or boring if the boy had decided sleeping on the grass was a better idea. "I guess so." he agreed with a shrug. He had fallen asleep on the grass at home plenty of times but he wasn't sure if it was that comfortable. "You don't have to move. But...do you wanna play?" Felix asked tentatively, unsure if a kid this serious would be up for playing a game.

Leonardo wondered how long this boy had been and would be waiting for his family, just because of how long he knew he due to wait. At the question he gave a small shrug, "I didn't ask," he knew he wouldn't have gotten an answer so he didn't bother trying, "What're your dad and sister doing?" it was polite to return the question and though there was no indication of curiousity on Leo's face as he asked he was actually curious. He did really expect to be left alone, so being asked to play..Leonardo frowned slightly and then looked at the ball. "Are you sure you wouldn't mind me playing?" he asked, keeping his gaze on the ball, his question implying that he did want to but clear that he wanted to be sure this boy wanted him to play.

Felix shrugged when the other boy asked him what his family was in town for. “I didn’t really listen. I think Thistle might need some of our sister’s old robes hemmed and dad needed….something?” he trailed off and made a face. He knew dad told him but now that he tried to remember it was gone. But quickly noticed the other boy didn’t look that interested and Felix couldn’t blame him, it wasn’t very interesting.

“Of course not. It’s not like I have a lot of other choices.” he said with a laugh before looking around dramatically as if he were trying to find anyone else. “I’m Felix by the way. I just turned eleven a couple months ago and I’m going to Hogwarts next year. My brother and sister are already there so I’m pretty excited. What about you?” he asked in a rush as he kicked the ball, softly this time, towards the boy.

Leonardo thought the name Thistle was a little odd but he didn't say anything. It seemed that where he was not told and also not interested, this boy had been told and wasn't interested. Leonardo gave a very weak and quick smile at the laugh, looking around themselves and being sure that he spotted maybe some people who might want to play. It seemed too that this boy would be someone he was to be at school with. "Leonardo, I turn eleven in June so I'll be at Hogwarts next year too," he said, it was a very factual manner of introducing himself, and he'd held out his hand to the boy even though the boy had moved a little away to kick him the ball. Leonardo quickly dropped his hand and just stopped the ball with his foot and then lightly hit it back. He was still tired, but it was nicer to spend the time playing with someone than being alone. "You can just call me Leo though," he then added.

Felix watched the other boy closely and dropped his smile when he noticed he didn't laugh at his joke. He could admit it wasn't the best joke, maybe he was getting to used to hanging out with his family who were pretty easy to get to laugh. "Oh cool!" he said excitedly, when he introduced himself and said he would be starting school too. "Leo..." Felix repeated, mostly to himself as he tried to make sure he'd remembered it in the future. But even if he forgot his name he was pretty sure he would remember him and his serious face. "So do you live with your grandfather?" he asked curiously, wanting to get to know him even if Leo kind of looked like a zombie, and kicked the ball back a little harder this time.

Leonardo nodded as the boy, Felix, repeated. He didn't think anything of it. He wasn't sure he was making a good impression on this boy but then again Leo knew this was par for the course. He didn't make friends, people spoke to him once and then became friends with others. He stopped the ball as it came back towards him nodding at the question, "Yeah, just me and him, us," he replied, stabilising the ball and then kicking it back to Felix, putting a little more into his kick. "Just on the outskirts of Brightstone," he stopped himself from then saying where he was born, he didn't think that Felix would be that interested. "Where do you live?" he asked.

Felix nodded along as Leo said he lived with is grandfather, and was surprised but the force of his next kick and had to react quickly to block it from rolling away too far. He dribbled the ball back and forth between his feet a few times. It wasn't a very dramatic game but he was enjoying himself. Even if he was only getting the barest bits of information out of the other boy. "Neat!" he said enthusiastically. "We don't live around here." he said with a sigh and wondered if he'd have more friends besides his siblings if they live closer to people. "It's kind of in the middle of nowhere, but there's a pretty cool lake and lots of good spots to make forts." he explained and quickly changed his mind about wanting to live anywhere else. Felix kicked the ball back and asked another question. "Uhh do you have any pets?" he asked with a shrug. It was the first thing he could think of.

Leo wondered what it might be like to live where there was a lake and lots of spots to make forts. It seemed like it would be fun with others too, which he was sure was something Felix had. He had made a fort before, but it hadn't been too fun just on his own. He thought that perhaps this boy too living a little away from this was a little isolated and wasn't able to have that many friends, would explain him trying to get to know him. He gave a half shrug at the question, "We have a family owl. It's not really a pet but it also is. My grandfather is going to let me take it to Hogwarts so I can keep in touch," he explained while stopping the ball as it came to him. He kicked it back while asking, "Do you?" Leo knew he wasn't adding much to this conversation but he didn't want to ask something too personal.

Felix kept up the back and forth with the ball and looked excited when Leo mentioned an owl. "Oh yeah we have an owl too!" he said, almost relieved to find something in common with such a quiet kid. "But I don't think she like's me much." he added quickly and tapped a finger against his chin as he thought about all the times the bird had tried to take a chunk out of his finger when he tried to feed her. "No." Felix answered with a sigh and felt his shoulders sag. "But my dad did promise I can get one to take to school. I just haven't decided on what I want yet." he explained excitedly. It had become one of his favorite conversations at home as the countdown to Hogwarts was getting closer and closer.

Leonardo nodded at it, it seemed at least that Felix agreed that owls weren't really pets in the traditional sense, they were certainly useful but maybe not pets. He nodded as the boy said he was being promised a pet. "What are your options?" Leonardo asked, though he had said he hadn't settled on which Leo was sure that it meant that he had options, and it was part of a conversation to ask questions and this felt like an easy enough thing to ask and easy to do as they kicked the ball back and forth.

Felix tried not to smile at Leo as he asked another question. When he had the ball again he kicked it between his feet a few times. "Basically anything I can take to school." he explained and focused on his feet. He tried to do a trick he had seen some older kids do before but it didn't work. "So like a cat or toad or something." he said with a sigh, disappointed with his failed trick and kicked it back towards Leo. "Cats are pretty cool but I don't know if I could take care of one." he said thoughtfully.

Leonardo didn't see much point in bringing a toad or a cat to school, they were good pets sure but they weren't all that practical. Cats were a common wizard pet but he didn't think common would help much unless Felix was only looking for a pet with no purpose. "Cats can exist autonomously can't they? If you let them outside..," if that was the stickler most pets were probably quite difficult. Perhaps then a frog might be better, it was smaller, easier to deal with but he also didn't think it would be that might be much less work than a cat. He kicked the ball back to Felix as he spoke.

Felix considered Leo's answer, he wasn't exactly sure what autonomously was so he shrugged. "I guess. But then I wouldn't get to seem them as often if they lived outside." he countered. He stopped the ball with his foot but hesitated before kicking it back when he heard his name being called. "Aw dang. Looks like I have to go." Felix groaned as he spotted his dad and sister. He hesitated and wondered if he could try and beg for a few more minutes but that wasn't likely. "Well maybe I'll see you at school." he said quickly and smiled at Leo before bending down to grab his ball. "Hope your grandpa comes back from doing....uh whatever he's doing soon." he called out over his shoulder as he started to jog toward his family. He hoped the other boy wouldn't be by himself too much longer or maybe he'd just go back to sleeping in the grass like some kind of prince from a fairy tale.

Leonardo shrugged in response, he didn't see much of an issue but perhaps if Felix was looking to get a pet then he wouldn't be looking for one that wasn't often around, that would defeat the purpose. But with that the boy's father appeared and Leonardo nodded, he didn't say anything about seeing him in school, though he would, he didn't want Felix to geel obligated to speak to him once there were other people for him to pick from. "He won't," Leo replied but Felix was already heading away. Leo went back to his things and sat back down. He would probably have a snack and then nap some more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back