My Little Misery

Kat Donovon

OOC First Name
Teigan
Wand
Straight 15 Inch Sturdy Hornbeam Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
As far as things went, Kat Donovon was having a fairly decent day. Of course things were always good on a Monday. Kat really rather enjoyed Mondays, they signified the beginning of the week. Most people liked Fridays better, because it was the end of the week and the beginning of the weekend, but when one treated everyday like a weekend, it made no difference which day signified the end and which signified the beginning because they all became a torrent of blurred lines. Mondays helped Kat to remember why she liked to party and why her life was so free and fast paced. Kat hated to be tied down, getting a job had been a big issue for her and she almost had chickened out, however she had realised that to keep her lifestyle she had to be earning some kind of money, she couldn't very well be buying everything and partying all day if she didn't have a job, which was where her work as a curse breaker came in. Basically, Kat could do whatever she wanted until she was called in. She was still in training so she wasn't as free as she wanted, but soon she would be able to take on her own commissions and even turn down jobs she didn't want to do, though she actually did enjoy her work, not that she would be particularly open about something like that.

For the moment however, Kat was not heading to work, nor was she heading to a club of anytime. Right now, Kat was heading to her friend's apartment which was only in the next building over. She had brought pizza and alcohol. Secretly she had made herself some fake identification and had just brought it that morning. Normally though she didn't get carded because she knew one of the guys that worked at the liquor store. Kat thought that the twenty one aged drinking rule was stupid for the muggle world. After all, in the wizarding world she only had to be seventeen and in other countries she only had to be eighteen. Some places like France she would only need to be sixteen, so Kat thought that making her wait until she was twenty one was simply one of the rudest things that could be done to her. She didn't appreciate being told what to do and this was exactly what was being done to her. She would much rather live by her own rule, but there was just nothing for her to do about it, no matter how much she tried to convince herself otherwise. Shaking her head and heading up the stairs to her best girl's place, Kat began to think about the girl's relationship with that guy she was dating. They had met in school and even before Kat had gotten to the gagging, she had told her that they had been dating for a couple of years. Kat had brought it upon herself to try and help her friend in this situation. She was a silly girl and obviously needed Kat's help.

Reaching the landing and just pushing the door open, Kat announced herself. "Hey, Bae! Where are you! Are you in the shower? Why are you having a shower at this time of the day? Hey! Are you hearing me? It's six o'clock, what gives?" Kat sat the pizza on the counter with the alcohol and headed down the corridor towards the bathroom. "I hope that boy's not in there with you, because I'm about to walk in there so if he wants to cover up i suggest he do so!" Kat had no idea if he was in there or not and she didn't much care, she was here to spend some time with her best friend and no stupid lover was going to get in her way. This was her time now, he could get lost. "Arty, My Little Misery, I brought pizza and alcohol, I hope you're feeling especially hungry too, because its a big ass pizza and there is no way I am eating it by myself." Kat walked into the bathroom and threw open the curtains, not even caring as she kept talking to her friend. Artemis had a nice body and she Kat didn't understand why anyone would want to hide such a thing. "Lover boy's not here? That's too bad, I wanted to throw him out by his ear. I wanted you all too myself today anyway, we have some things to discuss you know." She said, looking around for a towel. "Hurry up and finish, the pizza is getting cold." Walking back out of the bathroom, Kat headed back down the corridor to the lounge room where she had left the pizza and drinks.

With a roll and huff to the sheets, Artemis Jackson felt herself sigh loudly despite the beautiful day that beheld London. She was not a morning person, as everyone knew, and feeling the classic vibe of the ever dreadful Monday sucked to the core. She was not really required at work today however, going out of bed meant abandoning its warmth for the next eight hours or so. Whilst in bed, she made a run-through of what had to be done and whined softly to the warm sheets that enveloped her body in comfort. With one last inhale from the fresh scented sheets, she sat up lazily from her bed and ran a hand through her tangled dirty blonde hair, ignoring the knots that laced her fingers.

Getting up from bed was a nasty chore but going to the shower to freshen up was good. She was faced with the wafting scent of marshmallows and vanilla she had as perfume and she found the walls of the loo comforting. She looked at the mirror and stared right at a young woman whose hair was a mess and she was pretty sure she saw a smudge of eyeliner crammed on her eyelids still. All in all she was a night's mess in a bundle and she laughed at herself whilst undressing to hit the shower. The water that splashed across her skin afterwards made her sigh lazily, whilst she soaped and cleansed herself. Whilst doing so, she felt a shift in her flat's wards that made her stiffen in the midst of rinsing. The magic in her flat changed and she felt it since she was the caster of those particular safety wards. Someone she knew must have entered without permission and Artemis' felt the need to investigate. Irrational thoughts of being kidnapped whilst in the shower occupied her mind and she cursed herself for not having her wand within her hand's reach. Just as she was almost done rinsing, Artemis heard a voice from the outside that caused her to freeze entirely. It was familiar and it was a woman's. The instant she matched the voice to its owner's name, Artemis relaxed drastically and let out a puff of tension. Katherine or Kat, as she preferred to be called, was in her flat, probably searching the entire place for any sign of Artemis. The brunette was so unpredictable that Artemis wondered how the hell she managed to wake up earlier than Artemis. It was Monday and Kat's voice pierced through Artemis' head like a spear. Just when the word's made more sense as her best friend neared the loo, Artemis' flushed red when Kat was saying something about being in the shower with her boyfriend or doing the act itself. "Oh god, Kat, please!"

Pizza and alcohol was good but at six in the morning, the idea itself did not seem so relieving. Artemis wondered how Kat was able to drink anything strong at any time of the day and dragging her to do it too. Artemis also preferred something healthy for breakfast and pizza was too much. Nevertheless, the former Slytherin was glad her best friend was here, even if she brought the most ridiculous things for them to eat. The voice of Kat boomed in her room and just as Artemis was about to finish rinsing, she heard the bathroom door open widely and the curtains were pulled away, revealing Artemis as she shrieked. "Holy sh*t!" It was not proper for a lady to curse all the time so Artemis was excused here. Kat had seen Artemis bare for more than she could count and really, Artemis was not surprised by the number. It was not like they were sexually attracted to each other. "Getoutgetoutgetout!" Artemis shooed Kat away as she wrapped herself with a towel Kat threw at her, thanking Merlin that she finally had privacy to herself once her best friend was out of the door.

She dressed herself in house attire, knowing that Kat won't mind. Truly, the pizza was getting cold by the second but Artemis was rather flushed still that Kat had to barge in like that. She was used to being barged in by the brunette, but still, the surprise made her nerves react like a wildfire. She raked her fingers through her damp hair and got her wand and put it in her sweater's discreet pocket. Artemis went out of her bedroom whilst she searched for Kat, only to see her in the lounge. "Sweetie, why on earth did you bring alcohol and pizza at 6 o'clock in the morning? Haven't you heard of fruits and yogurt for breakfast? Plus, you calling me 'bae' is odd. Don't muggle teenagers do that sort of thing only?" she pointed out. She approached the pizza and looked at it, inhaling the delicious smell it produced. "What flavor is this though? And aren't you suppose to be having a hangover? Or did you finally decide last night that you, er, are going to slow down with the alcohol this time? And the boys too." She grinned at Kat, expecting a reason why she decided to look sober today.

Kat Laughed slightly at her friend as she flopped onto the girl's couch. She leaned back and placed her head over the side of the couch as she listened to Artemis as she spoke. It always amazed Kat that her friend could be such a straight edge. Sometimes it was boring that her friend was so monogamous, but Kat loved her, she would show her the light. Kat rolled her head to look over at Arty and gestured around her in a floaty way. "Why not alcohol and pizza at six in the morning? "She asked, laughing slightly. Alcohol was always best had with food in the stomach and the number one best food to have with alcohol was obviously pizza. Kat loved pizza she was always eating it, when she was drunk she craved the stuff, it was hands down the best invention by the italians. If she could go back in time and meet that creator of pizza, she would kiss him. Well, she would do a heck of a lot more to him, but, well, now was not the time nor the place to dwell on such matters. She shook her head again at Artemis as she continued. "Who wants fruit and yoghurt, that's so boring. I know I'm a fitness nutt, girl, but come on, live a little. You live vicariously through me, so I am telling you that you really need to learn how to have fun!" Kat immediately sat up from her position on the couch and gestured around her. "Life is too short to live your life on only one guy. Come on, babe, you ever wanna branch out, you have your very own little black book, right here." Kat pointed to herself and winked at the blonde, allowing her tongue to poke out from between her teeth. Artemis Jackson was such a straight lace.

She laughed loudly and fell backwards over the couch landing with a thud on the ground when Arty mentioned the word "bae" and its use by muggle teenagers. "I agree, it's so dumb! They use it for everything, i was just trying it out." She picked herself up from the ground and jumped the back of the lounge to land on its surface before continuing. "Ohmigosh! Did you know that its even funnier that they use it, because its the Danish word for poop. I think that is the best thing." She suddenly stopped herself and took on a serious expression. "I called you poop. I'm sorry." She bowed her head to her friend before cracking up again. "The pizza or the alcohol? I know the pizza is supreme but i have no idea about the alcohol, i kind of just picked it out at random honestly." She didn't like to admit it but it was the unfortunate truth. She moved towards Artemis and rubbed her friends shoulder. "The best way to avoid a hangover is to never stop drinking!" In truth, Kat didn't actually drink all night, but what was the harm in implying that she did. "I would never give up my shameless and public displays of nudity, Dear Friend, I enjoy it too much." She winked at Artemis and shooed her towards the drinks. "A toast to my nonexistent celibacy!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back