Muggles and Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash Knight

OOC First Name
Ceara xox
Wand
None
Okay, this guy here has a twin brother who is magical, and he has become obsessed with becoming a wizard. He is convinced that if he tries hard enough, he can become one and go to Hogwarts with his brother. He won't, but how much can muggles actually use? Broomsticks, Floo powder, what happens if they pick up a wand? I'm just really curious. Also, could they get to Obsidian Harbour/Brightstone Village by themselves?

They would not be able to go to magical locations on their own.
Neither wands nor broomsticks would work for muggles. As to floor powder, unfortunately I don't think we're privy to enough specifics of it in order to make a fair statement. As we never see a muggle use floo powder, I'm left to assume that this, too, would not work for them.

Something like a portkey would work, because it has already been charmed to bring a person who touches it to a specific location.
Otherwise, muggles have no magic and therefore wouldn't be able to use items that require magic, or find locations hidden from muggles.
This is very much unlike squibs who, while not having explicit magic to use a wand, do normally have enough magic to use magical items in their lives. We know this because Filch, a squib, successfully uses a Secrecy Sensor. They aren't equatable to muggles because they obviously know about, and can find, wizarding locations.

I hope this helps. :)

Not a problem. :)
Topic Closed and Archived

Your question/issue has either been resolved or is unanswerable.
If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to open another topic in the FAQ forum, we're always pleased to answer your questions.

Thank you,

~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back