Muggels World News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esme Lively

OOC First Name
madz
So I know the site about the magic world but we do have muggel relatives and Character who are on the site. So I was thinking maybe we can appoint someone in each part of the world to make up News of what's going on in each continent. Like for example my character would report of what's going on in North America which includes Canada. My character will be writing about elections or whatever that's going on in North America. Like if Canada was hosting the Olympics this year we would include that in the news. And just to make it easy on everyone, we could report something each season; Winter, Spring, Summer, and Autumn. Don't know if that make sense but its worth my yet =>

Hi there,

While I wouldn't suggest any formal organized system for this, I don't think it's a bad idea.
I wouldn't support an organized/official take to this as both the Daily Prophet and the Hogwarts Monthly have problems of their own - and it is the school and the wizarding world that is the site's main focus.
However, if you would like to undertake some sort of small muggle publication of news I see no problem with you having a muggle reporter character that does that. Simply ensure that you clear major news events by the admin (so that nobody arbitrarily says that the United States has started a nuclear war with the rest of the world or something).

I'm not sure if this is appropriate of me to write this since I know the Admins have already answered however if you would like to write about the Muggle World you would be free to do so through the Daily Prophet, however the only real condition would be that it would be for the magical community and you would have to dumb it down for the witches and wizards since very few know about the muggle things.

I don't mind it if someone else can help at least to set it up, it won't be like omg we have a deadline! Thing no, I will just do it and probably have Victor father do it, I'm not sure but its just a lot easier for me to report because the muggel world is so simple =)
Erica Matthews said:
I'm not sure if this is appropriate of me to write this since I know the Admins have already answered however if you would like to write about the Muggle World you would be free to do so through the Daily Prophet, however the only real condition would be that it would be for the magical community and you would have to dumb it down for the witches and wizards since very few know about the muggle things.
Really?? That's even better. Why not a muggel work at the prophets? I like the idea!

Victor Crimson said:
Why not a muggel work at the prophets? I like the idea!
A muggle cannot work at the prophet.
But a Wizard, or even a squib, could - especially if they were somehow in the muggle loop.
It'd likely be funnier if they weren't and the articles were complete nonsense, but meh.

Anyhow, yes, the prophet is always looking for more help, I hear. ;)

Victor Crimson said:
Okay great I can make one of my other characters a reporter and not kill her this time. Thanks Brian :)
What you could do is have a witch/squib work for the prophet and have them pay a muggle on the side for information though it wouldn't make too much sense since there muggles and really have no use for Wizarding money...

Erica Matthews said:
though it wouldn't make too much sense since there muggles and really have no use for Wizarding money...
Gringotts converts muggle currency in to magical currency it says in one of the novels, so why not vice versa? :r

Anywho. Now I'm getting off topic. ^_^

Erica Matthews said:
Victor Crimson said:
Okay great I can make one of my other characters a reporter and not kill her this time. Thanks Brian :)
What you could do is have a witch/squib work for the prophet and have them pay a muggle on the side for information though it wouldn't make too much sense since there muggles and really have no use for Wizarding money...
That sounds like an idea, but I will think it through tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back