Morning Without Pain

Adrianna's musical laughter drifted through the air as he spun her around in his strong arms. She loved the smile that played across his face. She made a squeel when he put her down, her nimble feet quickly finding balance. She was surprised he knew how to cook. She looked about the cabinets but there wasn't much fruit wise, a few apples, oranges, and a few grapes. She shrugged. "I guess I'm more of a meat eater. I blame my cat." She said with a stern nod and a smile.

She walked to the fridge, and pulled out a small bottle of chilled wormwood wine. It wasn't very potent but it had a nice sweet flavor that went well at breakfest time. She took out two glasses, while pouring hers she spilled some on her hand. She quickly lapped it off, another cat manerism she had picked up. She smiled at him. "I'd love a fruit salad if you think you can make some, I think I'll cook some bacon. Would you like a bit of wine? I promice I wont get you drunk." She winked at him.

Even in such a merry mood he could still blush. "Yes, wine would be lovely." he answered as his cheeks went pink, bustling off to find the fruit. Soon he was busily slicing away at the different fruits, trying not to eat a piece or two as he went. "Oh, dragon fruit," he exclaimed quietly to himself, picking out one of the pink fruits. In the end there was a large bowl filled with multiple colours arranged in an enticing way. Greg couldn't help but add a touch of artistry to it that was his mother's trait. Deirdre shared the same artistic touch.

He bent to rummage around in the cupboards as politely as possible before pulling out two bowls a pair of spoons. The bacon smell was overwhelming and he had to stop himself from floating over to where she was cooking to sneak a bite. Greg slid the bowls onto the table and waited for Adrianna, for of course a man waits for a lady to sit before he does.

She poured him a glass and left if on the table for him to sip at his leasure. She quickly tore apart the bacon and set it in a cast iron skillet. Adrianna licked her lips as the bacon sizzed and crackled, stealing a piece when it was done. She scooped them up and put them on a paper towel on a plate. The greasy bacon smelled amazing, it made her mouth water. She had to admit, his fruit salad looked great too.

She sat down with him and laughed at how different their foods where. She took a nice helping of fruit salad and pushed the bacon towards Greg. With a smile she held up here wine glass for a toast. "To finding a new companion, and the merry thoughts that go with it."

Greg lifted his glass to hers and touched them together softly. The fine crystal tinkled as they touched. "Aye,"

Bacon and fruit salad
, laughed Gregory in his head. Both were good, but they were quite different in taste. It was a strange relationship indeed, born of unlikely circumstances and unforeseen attraction. Attraction, repeated Greg in his head as he smiled at the thought. Yes, he was very attracted to Adrianna. A lesser mind would call it love-at-first sight, but he wouldn't dare. It was all too perfect. All that glitters is not gold. It wasn't in his nature to be pessimistic, but he knew what they said about trusting too soon. Greg couldn't survive in the world without following these laws, for he was too trusting and open-hearted. If it wasn't for those basic principles, he'd be dead in a ditch by now. He sobered once he realised that that was exactly what had happened to him.

Taking a sip of wine, he cooled the angry fire in his head and spoke. "How long do you think it will take for us to get to Hogwarts?"

Adrianna happily tinked her glass against his, the tone resonating in her ears. She smiled, happy that she had someone to talk to. She knew to actually build a relationship with him would take time, and she was willing to do that. She was just afraid of messing it up. Still she smiled, happy for at least this one moment. Taking a sip of her wine she pondered the question he asked her.

The sweet wine went down easy and she smiled at him. If she took just the buggy, she didn't own a car that work in magical areas, it would take half an hour. If she apperated near to hogwarts and walked the rest of the way, it would probably take 15 mins. She looked up with him. "15 minutes if you are alright with apperating."

"I should be," said Gregory, delighted. This was much better than the last circumstances he was in. If he had continued the way he was and not been found by Adrianna, he would either be dead or have taken weeks to get to Hogwarts. As soon as they finished their meal, they would be off. I'm coming, Art. thought Greg to himself determinedly.

They were soon finished their meal but the glasses were yet unfinished. It was time to sit back and enjoy the next part of the morning before heading out into the cold. "Oh, I didn't mention this, but I don't plan to mooch off ye're hospitality." said Greg as he thought of it. "I will be getting a job as soon as I can 'cause I have to buy clothes and a new wand." he said, remembering his poor wand lying abandoned in the snow. "But, 'ye wouldn't mind me borrowing a cloak just for this afternoon? If 'ye have one spare, of course."

Adrianna cocked an eyebrow at him and laughed. He wouldn't have to worry about mooching. She was sure about that. Besides, he should know that she was all to happy to help. "Of course I've a cloak for you to were, there are always spare clothes somewhere in this mansion."

She sipped her wine, her eyes wondering over his body, thinking about what he would look like in a black dress cloak with a nave blue undershirt and a stripped blue tie. Then she started wondering what he would look like with out it, and felt her cheeks start to blush. She really couldn't believe how attracted to him she was. It was almost maddening, but she liked it. A lot.

Greg was well aware of her eyes roaming his body. He carried on the conversation as normal though getting redder all the time. The worst part was that he also was only thinking of her, and how he wanted to run his fingers through her hair one more time so that she shivered against him like before. Perhaps it was the wine going to his head. But he hadn't even finished a single glass! Her smell floated over to him as the breeze blew through the window, and he subtlety breathed in. Greg was proud of himself for keeping such a straight face, but even so, his nose lifted just a little higher to catch that scent again.

He felt the tingle under his skin that gave him a fleeting memory of when he had kissed her properly. If I don't have another one of those moments, I won't be able to stuff it up, thought Greg firmly as he finished off the wine. "We should go in another hour so that the day is warmer. I might not need that cloak after all." he said, trying not to let his thoughts stray. What to do in that hour...

Adrianna ran a hand through her hair and sighed. She knew what she wanted, but wasn't sure if she should try for it. She could feel his eyes on her, just as much as she was sure he could feel hers. She took a deep breath, hoping to quell her raging mind and body, but she caught his scent in the air, her body automaticly reacted. Her heart rate skyrocketed, her face flushed with blood, and goosebumps rose all over her skin. She smirked and looked away from him.

He said they should leave in an hour, when it wasn't as cold, and she had to agree with that. She wasn't one to walk in the cold unless she was in her snow leopard form. She took another sip of her wine, and to her astonishment polished of the last of her glass. She hadn't realised she had drunken so much in so little time. 'I better take it easy, wine gives a killer headache.' She looked up at a clock, the second hand ticking by. She wasn't sure what to say, so she nodded. An hour will give us enough time to have fun.'"An hour will give us some time to talk." She said with a smile.

Greg could only chuckle at this. The insinuations in his head ran wild and he had to reign them in tightly. What are you doing, you daftie? Can't you think of anything else other than her beautiful smile, shining hair, soft lips and... okay, never mind. Obviously she was hoping to entice him to talk since she couldn't think of anything to say instead, but Greg was intoxicated in more ways than one. The only thing he could think about was kissing her once more and to- wait, he was doing that right now.

For within that moment of thinking it, he had dropped his wine glass onto the table, leaned over and locked lips. You moron, said his brain fuzzily, more drunk of happiness than any other small bit of alcohol. Can't you keep your hands to yourself...for five...minutes...
His hands cupped her cheeks gently and he reveled in the feel of her skin. Stop... stupid... He moved around the table to kiss her properly.

Adrianna had been trying, and failing, to keep her thoughts off of him when he leaned across the table and pressed his lips against hers. She gasped slightly, then leaned into the kiss, tilting her head back so he could kiss her more easily. He stepped around the table, to kiss her more. She slid her hands up his chest and linked her hands behind his neck. She loved the way he cupped her cheeks.

'You really shouldn't be doing this right now.' Her snow leopard playing the rational side of her mind. She heard herself moan slightly against his lips, her lips parted slight, eaging him on. 'I want this.' Her human side was completely lost in the pleasure of kissing him. His lips where so soft, and he kissed with skill. She was lucky that she was sitting, because his kiss was making her weak kneed, something that usually didn't happen.

The thrill in his chest deepened when she responded almost immediately. Slowly he sunk to his knees so that she could reach him better and exert some control. This was all about her. Greg would do anything she asked at this moment, which he hoped would be 'Bed. Now.' Don't think about time, don't think about pain or doubt or anything keeping you from taking this moment, said his mind passionately. It was just him and her, Gregory and Adrianna. Just for now.

His hand was at her waist and he caressed her side gently. He was drowning in her warmth. No more questions. Without further ado, he scooped her up without breaking the kiss and drew her to him. Eventually he paused at they broke apart, only able to pant softly into her neck as he fought for the breath she had taken away. He had wrapped her legs around his waist and was cradling her to him, pressed against the wall. "Adrianna..." he said softly, not even intending to finish the sentence.

Adrianna huffled slightly when he broke the kiss and hefted her around his waist. His body heat was engulfing her as she pressed her lips against his neck, his jaw line. He spoke her name softly, not finishing what he was going to say. She could tell everything she need from the sound of his voice. She glanced behind him at the clock, which said they had plenty of time.

She started purring, the vibration just barely reach her lips, which were pressed against the nape of his neck. Her hands roamed his back, occasionally coming up to his curls, then back to his shoulders. In between kisses she spoke. "My bedroom...Its that..way." She moaned softly, engulfed in their passion.

Greg winced in pleasure as she purred against his neck. He'd never heard that from anybody else, and it fired his blood like nothing he's felt before. His lips were at her neck, shoulders and anywhere he could reach. Soon he had reached the bedroom, and they collapsed together there in each others arms.

END SCENE
Resume: An hour and a half later

Once again they were wrapped up in the sheets together, only this time locked in an intimate embrace. It was a peaceful moment as the sunlight poured in between the curtains and bathed them in light. Gregory smiled and his lips curved against her skin where they were pressed against her shoulder. His hand stroked her hair slightly, fingers playing with the blonde strands that slipped like silk between his fingers. He let out a sigh of contentment and snuggled closer, trying to make the moment last until it was time to leave.

Adrianna had her eyes closed, her body pressed intimately together. She moved her hand over his soft skin on is chest. From parted lips she let out a sigh, her body still electric, but satited. She smiled, looking up at him. She felt so safe with him. She swallowed, her throat slightly dry from labored breathing. When she spoke her voice was soft, "That was amazing."

She chuckled softly then propped herself up on her elbow so she could look at the soft contours of his face, the strong looking jaw line. She smiled remembering. She gave him a soft peck on the lips, it wasn't needy or demanding like her other kisses. It was gentle, and filled with growing love.

Greg returned the kiss softly onto the corner of her mouth. His heart had the pressure of adoration weighing on it, and he hadn't felt so whole and satisfied for a very long time. No-one had opened their heart like this to him before, although he had done so to them and fallen hard. This time, his open heart felt safe with her. As soon as he had become honest with her, it seemed as though a barrier was crossed and they gave themselves to each other for one, sweet hour. The natural high was settling and he was relaxing into the soft covers.

"You are so beautiful," Greg sighed as his eyes traced her skin mentally, mapping it into memory. His misfortunes of only a day before seemed a distant memory. All of a sudden, the clock chimed softly and he looked up. Now he remembered - he had a person to save. He hated to break this moment, but time was getting on. Greg motioned to the time with his hand to Adrianna, pursing his lips slightly in annoyance mixed with determination.

It felt great, actually trusting some one for once. She smiled, a real smile, white teeth an everything. She loved the way he looked at her, not lustful like the other men she had been with, but sweet. She twirled her fingers on his chest, smiling even bigger when he complemented her. Then he motioned to the time. Adrianna hefted a sigh and then nodded, knowing they couldn't stay like this. She grinned and slid her finger under his chin, "Next time we get the chance. I'm locking you in my bedroom for a few days." She chuckled before giving him a soft kiss.

She slide of the bed, grabbing her robe and sliding it over her body. She ruffled through her draws and closet, trying to find something for Greg to wear. Finally she pulled out a pair of black slacks and a blue silk shirt. She tossed them to him, "These should fit." She smile, grabbing a simple blue dress for her. She walked over to her bathroom and pointed to another door. "Thats a bathroom too, we have two for each wing, that one has a room on the other side. Your welcome to use it." She stepped in and closed the door, getting ready to leave.

He could still blush, even after becoming so comfortable with her. In bed for days, he thought wistfully before turning pink and catching the clothes with a grin. It was all Greg could do not to pass out every time she kissed him. He watched her leave, smiling coyly to himself before moving to the other side of the room towards the opposite bathroom. There he dressed and washed briefly. He raised himself up from the sink and inspected his face before noticing a slight mark on his chest. It was a pink hand print, barely visible, but it still made him chuckle as he continued to dress.

Greg exited the bathroom half a minute before she did, and took that time to search for a cloak. After the heat of their morning his body began to cool again, and the chill was back in the air. He opened the wide cupboard and peered in, spotting what he was searching for the moment he looked. It was a long black cloak that fastened halfway between the left shoulder and the breast bone, and he swung it around himself and clipped it in place. Now he looked like a proper wizard. Even so, the look was not complete without a wand, and he sighed wistfully after the fine walnut. Greg sat himself down on the bed slightly forlornly and waited for Adrianna.

Adrianna dressed and washed a little, then pinned her hair back into a half ponytail. She opened the door slowly, and paused. Her blond hair cascaded down her shoulders to her waist. She smiled when she saw him. He looked great in Dragos's old cloak. His curls framing his face perfect. She walked over to him, her blue dress flowing nicely. She gave him a peck on the cheek.

"You look great. Just tell me when your ready to go." She really meant that, he did look great. Just like any proper wizzard should, he must really missed his wand. Then a thought struck her. "So, you can't just use Accio and summon it? Have you tried?"

"You have to stop doing that," he joked as she kissed him on the cheek. "I'll stay pink-cheeked for good next time!"

Greg sighed as she mentioned his wand. Every wizard was heavily attached to their wand. It was like a nostalgic piece of their past that they couldn't let go of, including all of its useful functions. She had a good point about trying to summon it, but he knew it was too far away. "I think I'll try when we reach Hogwarts. I'll be much closer then and have a better change of succeeding." he said as he readjusted the cloak over his shoulder.

He couldn't believe how much she had changed from just the time she had met him. The Adrianna then had been cold and frightening. It wasn't long before her words had gotten gentler and more pleasant. Was she always like this? He smiled and nuzzled her ear gently, reminiscent of a cat. Yes, he was well and truly besotted. He dragged him mind back to the present as they made their way to the front door and stepped out into the melting snow. "Are you cold?" he asked as his hand brushed her arm.

She smiled and cocked her eyebrow. "Maybe I like your cheeks pink." she nodded when he said he would try to summon his wand when they got to hogwarts. She hoped that he would get it, she didn't know what she would do if she lost hers. She stroked the pink tinted wood in her pocket.

They stepped outside, the cool air rushing to her. She had a natural resistance to the cold, thanks be to her animagus. She smiled when he asked her. His hand brushing against her arm. Her skin had heated up a great deal sence they stepped outside, he would find that she felt a lot warmer than a normal person. She smiled and shook her head no. "The cool air feels good."

Despite being from England, Gregory felt the cold more than he probably should. The wind whipped against his white skin, turning his cheeks pink again. "Lucky you," he said, only half joking. In a gentleman-like manner, he took her arm and they walked down the path until they reached the gate. "Well, I'm glad I have the strength to apparate!" exclaimed Greg. "That'd be bloody embarrassing otherwise."

Still with her arm nestled in his, he turned to look back at the house, faced the gate and apparated with her.

END SCENE
(( Should I have added anything? xD I won't bother with a mini thread. I'll rp Greg directly to the office (with Adrianna) to see the headmistress where he finds Art. (I might as well use the same thread) However, I might wait until Cecily has posted once more. That alright with you? ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back