More Time Outside?

Toni Addison

Wand
Rowan Wand 15" Essence of Fang of Basilisk
For a girl who hated to spend time outside, it was surprising that Toni found her way going down towards the lawn one more. Usually she spent as much time away from the green grass and annoying nature that the outdoors held. Most of Toni's time was spent in a shopping mall or even inside her house trying to stay as far away from her annoying siblings as possible.

Though now as the drama of the school had seemed to be put aside for now, Toni decided that maybe the outdoors wouldn't really kill her. Walking out to the green grass and taking a seat in a random stop, still she didn't worry about her Slytherin uniform getting a grass stain. It wouldn't be like Toni if she didn't worry about superficial things like that.

After awhile of sitting, Toni laid back in the grass. Her hair seemed to go about in the grass, probably getting small blades stuck in it. Thinking about nothing at all, for the first time since she had arrived, Toni just watched the sky picking out shapes in the clouds.

After the confrontation with Jenna and Tyler, Scorpius continued to walk the grounds, thinking of the right words to say to Luna. He didn't want to lose her when he had just began dating her. He left the gardens and walked all the way over to the lawn and saw a blonde figure laying down in the grass. At first he thought it was Jenn so he was going to turn around and walk away but he noticed it was Toni. For being best friends, they hadn't talked much since they got to school. It was mostly his fault, for avoiding her while he liked her, and spending all his time with Luna in the tower.

He walked over to her and said quietly, "Hey Toni."

Toni had been watching a cloud go by that looked rather much like her horse Sugar that she missed very much at home. Though she couldn't help but think she felt like a real eleven year old for the first time in a while. Ever since she had managed to come to Hogwarts New Zealand and maybe even before that, she never really felt like a child more like she had to be mature.

Yet at the sound of someone's voice, Toni sat up quickly. Running her fingers through her hair making sure that her hair looked perfect. Turning around slightly to see that it was Scorpius. It seemed like they never got to talk anymore with everything that had gone on.

"Hey" She said smiling hoping that nothing had changed between them after all this drama. "I swear I haven't seen you in forever" She said patting the seat beside her "Care to join me?" She asked.

Scorpius smiled lightly when Toni said hey then chuckled when she said they hadn't seen each other in forever. "I know," he replied softly, "I guess we keep missing each other." He sat down where she offered the seat and turned to look at her with a warm smile. "How have you been lately Toni?" he asked her, glad that his black eye and fat lip had almost completely gone away.

Toni wondered if they had really just been missing each other or if for some reason he had been avoiding her. Not knowing why that would even be a possibility, she dismissed it. Leaning back a bit and leaning on her elbows, Toni felt the sun shining gently. Thinking if only for a moment that the outdoors werent' so bad.

"I've been good" Toni said not knowing how else to exactly answer it. Today was basically the first day since the start of the year that nothing dramatic filled her day, so maybe it was really a good day. Lately however she had been stressed, worried, extremely happy, a bit sad, and just about every other emotion that no one would believe Toni had felt in just two weeks. Over all Toni guessed the word good would fit.

Turning to look at Scorpius for a bit, she could tell that the nurse had fixed him up. Luckily the fight didn't hurt either Beau or Knight too bad, at least not bad enough to leave lasting results. "How have you been?" Toni asked.

Scorpius looked at her carefully when she answered. He wondered if she was really good like she said or if something was bothering her. He rested his arms on his knees which were drawn up to him and he thought of his answer to the same question. "I've been good," he repeated Toni's exact words. He had ups and downs to balance his mood out. He had gotten in a fight but managed to not get in trouble for it, he had a girlfriend he liked, but she was currently mad at him for flirting with Jenna. Bad good, good bad. It all balanced out for him. "How are you and Sam?" he asked her wondering what their status was now and if she knew about the kiss between him and Jenna yet.

Toni smiled a bit as Knight seemed to give the same answer as she had. Deep down she hoped he was really good. Really Toni didn't know too much as to what was going on with him. If only the two of them had spoken more over time, which seemed like years though really only weeks.

When Scorpius mentioned Sam though, Toni wasn't exactly ready for this topic to come up so suddenly. A few more minutes of small talk would have been helpful. "Well Sam and I am ok" Toni said not able to really say good. Sure things were going good now but she wasn't sure how long that was going to stay. "I mean we are still a couple" She added flashing Scorpius a small smile.

In a way it was odd to discuss this with Knight. Though it really shouldn't be. They were best friends and he was over her. Right? Of coarse Toni thought confidently. "I think he is still a bit mad at me though." Toni said hoping that he would get over it soon enough.

When Toni said she and Sam were okay, but not good, Scorpius didn't know whether that meant she knew or not. Did she forgive him just as easily as he had done to her? He was glad he was able to finally get over Toni because he no longer felt weird talking about this with her or Sam for that matter. "Why would he still be mad at you?" Scorpius asked as he furrowed his brows. The answer to this question would determine whether she knew or not for him.

When Scorpius asked why Sam would be mad at Toni, Toni couldn't help but give him an odd look. He knew about the whole Beau situation. How could he not? That was why Scorpius and Beau got into that fight that one day right? Though she found the question confusing she still knew she had to answer. "Well after everything with Beau I mean I didn't think he would forgive. I mean if it was the other way around I don't know if I would have been that nice" Toni said thinking about if it was reverse Toni would have probably flipped. Thank god it happened the way it did then.

"Oh," Scorpius replied shortly. He remembered telling Sam that he wouldn't tell her but if Toni asked he wasn't going to lie. He scowled lightly when she mentioned Beau's name but averted his gaze and ruffled his hair when she mentioned the situation being the other way around. Before he could stop himself he asked, "How would you react if it was the other way around?" He sounded casual as if it were just a hypothetical question.

Though Toni was wondering if she had brought up some unpleasant memories. She shouldn't have mentioned Beau, obviously Scorpius hated him. "I'm sorry about the whole..." She paused not knowing how to word it "the whole fight thing. I'm glad you are both ok" She said wanting to hit herself when she said both. Why could she just say she wished he was ok. Maybe her small slip up wasnt' a bit deal.

As Scorpius asked what she would do if the situation was reverse, Toni was caught off gaurd. She didn't want to seem like an awful person since Sam had forgiven her and everything. "Umm" She began hating hypothetical questions like this. "It would matter who with" She said seriously. If it was someone that Toni didn't hate, it would be better, not ok but better. "But if it was someone I hated than I may break up with him" Toni said sighing slightly "I'm an awful person aren't I?" Toni asked looking over at Scorpius.

Scorpius felt bad for making Toni have to choose sides in a way between her and Beau so he made sure not to let it get to him again. "I'm sorry for starting it," he admitted to her quietly. Ever since then no one had ever looked at him the same, but he didn't have a problem with it, he let them think whatever they wanted.

"You're not an awful person," he said giving her a genuine smile and a small nudge. He bit his lip when she said if it was someone she hated then she would break up with him. He was sure Toni hated Jenna after she told Sam about Beau. He looked out onto the distance to avoid the topic.

Toni was a bit surprised to hear that Scorpius had started it. Even when Toni asked Beau who had started it she didn't get a clear answer. Now she knew, but she couldn't hold it against Knight. He was just trying to do what he thought was right. "No need to be sorry" Toni said smiling slightly. "I mean it was my fault anyway" She added her voice soft. Looking out into the distance once more she felt the nudge from Scorpius.

"You are one of the few people that think that" Toni said knowing that most the school found her to be nothing more than an awful person. Surprisingly it didn't bother her as much as she would have thought. As long as they thought about her then maybe she was ok with it.

Yet as Toni looked over at Scorpius she noticed he was bitting his lip. That was never a good sign in a conversation. "What's wrong?" she asked not looking away.

Scorpius shrugged and waved off her apology, it was in the past so that was where he was going to leave it. He didn't know why so many people thought Toni was a bad person, she acted civil around people didn't she? Wasn't that what they taught you when you were young, to be polite?

When she asked what was wrong he glanced at her for a millisecond before saying, "Nothing." Nothing was wrong with him exactly, it was the mess his friends had gotten into and he hated how no matter what someone would end up getting hurt.

Toni was glad that the topic of the fight died. Sure Toni felt bad that she had gotten both Scorpius and Beau into that mess, but she was glad that things seemed to be the same as they had been before all this. Yet something deep down told Toni that something was wrong. At the easy answer of Nothing that Scorpius had replied, she was almost sure of it.

As Toni racked her brain to think about what they were talking about before Scorpius had seemed like something was wrong. They were talking about Sam. "Are you and Sam fighting or something?" Toni asked. She wanted Scorpius to know that he could tell Toni things. They were still best friends. Right? "You can tell me" Toni added with a simple smile.

Scorpius sighed and gave a small smile when she asked if he and Sam were fighting. If only, he thought, then that would make things so much easier than what I know. He shook his head and said, "No we're not fighting. Jenna is mad at me though because I have a girlfriend," he said rolling his eyes slightly. "And for the first time since I met her I am actually mad at her," he said quietly before wanting to smack his head at saying that.

"Wait girlfriend" Toni said not knowing if she had heard Scorpius right. When did this happen and how did Toni not know this. Though at the thought of Jenna being mad about it made her smirk. "Well I'm happy for you Scorpius" Toni said wondering who it was.

Toni was just about to ask when Knight had mentioned that he was mad at Jenna. That couldn't be just about him having a girl friend Toni thought. Then what was it about. Hating to butt in too much on other's life, well actually Toni liked to butt in on people's lives quite a bit. "Why are you mad at Jenna?" She asked hating saying even that girl's name. God that dumb Hufflepuff had caused so many problems between Toni and Sam. Yet still she hadn't managed to break them up.

Scorpius smiled weakly and nodded his head gravely as she said she was happy for him. He didn't know how much longer Luna would be his girlfriend because Luna seemed really mad when she stormed out of the garden earlier. If only Jenna hadn't have gone and opened her mouth. But even then he hadn't been mad at Jenna, now he was mad because she and Prince kissed and she was blaming Sam, to make her seem like the innocent one, as if she didn't want to be kissed by him.

He sighed as he thought of what to answer Toni. "Well, she sort of messed things up with my girlfriend, Luna, and I," he said slowly. "But now she's just hurting people that have already been hurt before," he added quietly.

It might have just been Toni, but she couldn't help but wonder why Scorpius didn't seem thrilled to have a girlfriend. Maybe things weren't working out between the two of them. Was that why he didn't seem quite so happy. Though really Toni was looking forward to the answer as to why Knight was made at Jenna. It almost didnt' seem like him, though really Toni hadn't thought it seemed like him to fight. Pushing all that out of her mind she listened as he spoke.

When Scorpius said that Jenna had messed things up between Knight and his girlfriend, Toni rolled her eyes. "It is like that girl is just out to break up relationships" She said thinking how she had tried to break up Toni and Sam and now Scorpius and Luna. If only people would see Jenna wasn't a perfect little angel after all.

The next quiet comment seem to catch Toni off guard. Not understanding completely she asked. "Wait who is she hurting now. If she's hurting Sam I swear I'll kill her" Toni said her fist bunching up for only a moment. "Though I could take a few swings at her on your behalf as well" Toni said smiling slightly.

Scorpius chuckled lightly and shook his head. Girls were confusing. The other girl was always the one doing wrong when they spoke of them. Scorpius sighed when she said if she was hurting Sam she'd kill her but let out a laugh when Toni joked about taking a few swings for him. "No fighting Toni," he said mock-sternly though he wasn't the one to talk. He didn't know how to tel Toni but he felt that she deserved to know. "Well, in a way she is hurting Sam," he said quietly, so quietly he hoped she hadn't heard. He looked out in the distance to focus on anything other than his thoughts.

Toni smiled when Scorpius said that she wasn't supposed to fight. "Oh you're one to talk" She teased playfully pushing him. Though really Toni didn't know how she would stand up in a fight. She wasn't the strongest girl in the world. Toni was rather small actually and had never really gotten into a physical fight, a verbal fight on the other hand she could do, but physical would have a bad outcome. She would try though if needed.

Yet when Scorpius had said that Jenna was hurting Sam in a way, Toni's thoughts swirled. She didn't even noticed her fist bunch up a bit. "What do you mean?" She asked not quite sure what Scorpius was saying but with Jenna in the picture it could never be good. That girl was more trouble than she was worth, well in Toni's mind she wasn't worth anything at all.

Scorpius chuckled but knew she was right. When she asked what he meant he bit his lip once more. He couldn't just come out and tell her flat out. He chose his words carefully and said, "Remember that hypothetical question I asked you?" hoping she knew what he meant without having to say it. He avoided her gaze because he didn't know if he could handle it when she realized what he meant.

Toni looked at Scorpius who once again was bitting her lip. This couldn't be good and Toni knew that. Yet she wasn't so sure how bad it was really going to be. As Scorpius brought up the hypothetical question once more, it hit Toni hard. Of coarse the question wasn't hypothetical she realized that now. Not knowing what to say at first she looked blankly ahead. Maybe she didn't understand completely. It was Sam afterall. He couldn't have done the same thing after he was so upset when she had.

Looking over at Scorpius hoping that he was going to say this was some kind of awful joke, knowing that it wasn't going to happen. Toni closed her eyes for a moment and sat up straight bringing her knees in and her arms wrapping around them. For awhile she remained silent. Out of all the things she had pictured today, this wasn't one of them.

"Who?" Toni asked her voice so soft. Not opening her eyes she waited for the answer dreading the worse.

Scorpius put his head in his hands as his words hit Toni. He looked up at her when she asked who and said softly, "Someone you'd kill," bringing up what he thought was a joke before, with a weak half smile as he tried not to make it seem like it was such a bad thing but he knew it was.

Toni had never thought this was really going to happen. Though she had thought about what she would do if the stakes were reversed. Never did she think she would feel like this. Never did she think she would blame herself as if for once she wasn't good enough. That for once Jenna seemed better. Letting out a small sigh, Toni held back any tears.

She wanted to be angry at Sam, at Jenna, at anyone. It just didn't seem like it was happening. "What am I going to do" She said softly turning to look at Scorpius for once her eyes seemed to be filled with almost sadness. Yet something inside Toni knew that she was going to kill that girl the next time she saw here even though Toni knew she would get the worse end of the fight she would try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back