Avie Mitchell

peter pan

OOC First Name
Emzies
Sexual Orientation
Rocks
Wand
Mahogany Wand 14 Essence of Unicorn Hair
Avie was feeling a little bored. He lay on the bed in his dorm and sighed loudly. He had no reason to continue being in the dorm room, yet he had nothing else to do with this day. it was the end of the third week of classes, and well, Avie was just bored with it all. He had a lesson with Professor Ciro much later in the day, but for now he was just doing nothing. Lazying around on his bed, sighing and groaning because he just wanted something to do. Which he didn't actually have. His mind was drawing a blank. He knew he could go for a swim, but he always tried to at least make a slight effort when it came to going to Professor Raven's office. He was thankful to the man for ever agreeing to taking Avie on, and it would be a difficult task, so Avie always tried to make sure he didn't accidentally make things worse, like turning up drenched and cold. Or turning up with a number of snails in his pocket that he'd been racing. However, this meant that he was to him, limited in his options. Finally, Avie just decided that he just had to do something.

Gathering a few things, nothing overly important, he left the dorm room, and just headed out. He had no idea where he was going yet. He had no clue as to what might await him with this day. He had his usual backpack on. In it were a few things for his lesson later, and a few other bits and pieces. He had another letter from his mother, and her writing to him was way too hard for him to read, so he planned on asking Ciro. But, as Avie wandered out the school, he took a turn and headed towards the courtyard. This was an area of the school that he didn't spend too much time at. It was boring to him really. Aside from probably being fun to duel in, it didn't have much other uses to him. He wandered around and then in the far right corner away from the entrance into the school, he dumped his bag. He then began to just run around and around. Finally stopping when he tripped over his own laces and tumbled to the ground. Stopping just where his things were, and from his position on the floor he noticed what he like. Rocks. Avie crawled forward and then picked out the rocks. Laying on his stomach as he began to look at them. Avie had never thought to look in this place for rocks!

Kris was super tired as he left the dorm that morning. He had nothing to study, he hadn't got Quidditch practice and no lessons to attend so he had slept in but was still yawning after the long trek from the Hufflepuff Common Room to the Entrance Hall. He was walking slowly, almost Zombie like when Avie walked right past him. Kris stifled a giggle when Avie hadn't noticed him, so Kris followed at a distance.

He sat down in the shadows, on top of a wall and decided to watch Avie, as he tripped over and then began to look for something. maybe he had dropped something, Kris thought, then when he saw what Avie had picked up he remembered back to their first meeting. "I like to collect rocks." he had said, and Kris was pleased with himself that he had remembered. Kris pulled out his wand and muttered one of the only spells he was any good at. "Wingardium Leviosa." he pointed the wand at the rocks in Avie's hands, and watched them start to float higher, just above Avie's head.

Avie had been so concerned, and preoccupied by the rocks in his hands that he hadn't heard any one approach. He was happy with the rocks in front of him. He liked the look of all of them. They were a little larger than the rocks he usually collected. Avie looked to his side and noticed more rocks, and with all of the rocks resting on his stomach he carefully leaned over and took them out. He held them all up as much as he could, getting little bits of dirt and dust on his face and slightly in his eyes. He smiled happily at them. God, he loved rocks. He hadn't even noticed someone walking over to him and then all of the rocks slipped out of his hands and floated just above his head. He laughed slightly, keeping his eye sight on them. He reached up and tried to grab at them laughing as he did so, before glancing around at the person who was obviously the one causing it. A smile growing on his face when he realised it was Kris. "Kris!" he exclaimed happily smiling at the other boy. "Aren't these rocks incredible?" Avie motioned to the rocks above them. "I'm going to add some of these to my collection." he smiled happily looking back up at the rocks. "Did you know that there's a piano in the conglomerated arts club. I love playing the piano!" He smiled while, then continuing to reaching up to grab the rocks floating above him. Ending up yawning slightly as he did so.

Kris laughed when Avie finally noticed he was there. "Hey Avie!" Kris listened to him as he spoke about rocks and Pianos, and was fairly surprised to learn that Avie played piano. He looked back at Avie, having been staring at the floating rocks during most of the conversation, and that was his mistake. As he was in the middle of asking Avie about him playing, Kris broke the spell by accident and sent the jumble of rocks raining down upon the poor boy. Startled Kris jumped down from his seat and ran towards him, trying to see if he was okay.

Avie smiled happily at his friend, but wasn't really paying attention to anything besides the rocks which were floating above him. He didn't really pay attention to anything else. But, he kept his eyes up at the rocks. Despite all the attention he had been paying them, was not quick enough to cover his face enough when the rocks then feel out from above him and then rained down on his face and chest. There were not that many but it hurt. He had just managed to close his eyes in time. He opened his eyes when it had stopped. He glanced up at Kris, laughing slightly, "Duuuuudddddeeeee" he said with a small laugh. looking at his friend. He had various cuts around his face, most of them were bleeding a little, but it didn't stop the smile on his face. Avie sat up slightly and wiped his face with his sleeve as he gathered up the rocks. His sleeve came away with a little bit of blood on it. "Do you want one of these rocks?" He gathered them up and then, while sitting on the floor placed them out in front of him. "Is my face alright?" he asked with a smile, not being serious about it. It didn't hurt much at all, though it stung a little.

</FONT>
<FONT font="Georgia">Kris knelt down besides Avie and check his friend's face, which had various cuts and bruises. Avie still seemed more concerned with his rocks and even asked if he would like one. Kris just smiled and shook his head, then went about to dabbing Avie's face with his sleeve, staining the fabric with a little blood. "Your face should be fine. I'm so sorry Avie, I didn't mean to drop them all on your face."

He continued dabbing at Avie's face, hoping that the cuts and bruises healed fairly quickly. He, and probably many other people as well, including Avie himself, liked Avie's face how it was; not scratched up.​

Avie couldn't help but smile and laugh lightly as Kris wiped his face with his jumper, Avie would've managed without, but it was alright he appreciated it none the less. It was all good. He just smiled happily at him. Avie didn't mind that his face was a little cut and bruised. It happened fairly often when he was with his cousins at home. He was more than used to it really. Avie grinned at his friend, "It's okay! It was just an accident. Thanks" he told his friend with a little smile. It really was okay, he knew it was an accident, Kris was his friend, friends didn't hurt each other intentional. He knew that Kris wouldn't do that. He pushed his friend's jumper away and just grinned at him. Avie liked Kris a lot, he was a great friend. "Kris, do you want to go to the Yuleball together?" he asked him with a slightly nervous smile. Avie didn't imagine that it meant that they were dating or going as a date. Just two friends having fun, plus really he didn't want to spend that time with anyone else. It was so formal, and formal wasn't Avie's kind of thing, he wanted his friend Kris by his side so that it wouldn't be as bad. Although Avie didn't actually state that they were just going as friends, it was pointless. "Last year I was going to go, but I got distract by the kitchens, and when I got there most people had left. It was formal and everything, figure it would be more fun with someone else." Avie said brightly, "That's why others go together right?"

Kris smiled as his hand was batted away lightly. When he had woken up that morning he really hadn't planned to attack someone with rocks, however accidental it was. Well to be honest he hadn't planned anything so he supposed that he shouldn't be surprised with the outcome of what had already happened. As He moved to sit next to Avie, Avie popped the question. He hadn't been expecting it and was thrown off balance, as he sat down hard. He smiled slightly confused, and nodded. "Yeah of course." Kris assumed that it was just as friends, but he'd still get dressed up for it. It'd be fun, and with Avie something crazy was bound to happen. Hopefully people would get that they were going as friends, he assumed thats what everyone else would be doing. "Yeah people go together to have company and have fun and stuff. Which is what we shall be doing. Having fun."

Avie found himself a little nervous waiting for a response from Kris. He liked the boy a lot, but his nerves were not something that he understood. He wanted to go with him. They were good friends, whenever he was with Kris he had a laugh, which was always what he wanted to do. The more he had fun the happier the boy ended up being. He smiled happily when Kris said he wanted to go. He gave a little woot as he smiled at his friend. Glad that he had said yes, and then the boy continued by confirming what he'd thought about the yuleball. He knew that, that was the best thing. He was happy that he'd said yes to it. "That's good, because I don't like formal, it's not my style. I like dirt too much" he said with a shrug, rubbing the sleeve of his jumper on his face, smiling slightly. A little nervously, though he still couldn't understand why. "I plan on having at least three glasses of butterbeer, because I'm not allowed it" he told his friend picking up a couple of the rocks and trying to juggle them. "My ma says it makes me hyper, whatever that is. It just makes me feel really good. Really happy. Being happy is good!" Avie smiled happily at the other boy. "We can dance all night!"

Kris laughed. He didn't know what to expect at the Yule Ball, except that it was formal. He guessed Avie was in the same boat here as he never actually got to the event last year. Still formal can be fun, even though he completely agreed with Avie on that. It really wasn't his style. He smiled as he started to juggle. "so because you're not allowed it, you're gonna do it? Sounds great." He laughed. If butterbeer made Avie more hyper than he already was, and that was pretty darn hyper, then oh boy! Kris would be in for a night. "Oh no no no! We can't dance, You can dance! I'll just mosey on down by the sidelines... I can't dance. In any situation." He grinned, there was no way Avie would get him to dance.

Avie smiled happily when the other boy laughed. He was juggling the rocks, but doing it badly. Ever so often he wasn't sure he'd reach it, he'd just left them all fall to the ground. it was very stop and start his juggling. He gave a bright now at the fact he wasn't allowed it but drank it anyway. "Of course!" he told the boy happily. "I'm not allowed it, but my aunt isn't going to know. What she doesn't know can't harm her" he said happily, "Plus I really love butterbeer. it tastes soooo good" He gave a loud laugh. He really did love the drink it was just that it made him so happy. The sort of joy that he got from that drink always made him feel very happy about it. "It tastes really really good! You've tried it right?" he said happily, as the boy then said that he wouldn't want to dance with him. He shook his head at the younger of the two, laughing slightly. "No, you're going to dance" he smiled at his friend. "No sitting on the sidelines for us." He told him brightly. "I'll show you how to dance. I'm not great at dancing, but I have fun any way. We'll have fun Kris. I'll show you!"

Kris picked up a specially rounded rock, and played with it in his hands as Avie talked. Kris enjoyed conversations with Avie because he didn't have to provide much talking, Avie thought of nearly all the conversation himself. "I've um, Never... I haven't tried it." he sputtered. Now he felt like he'd been living under a rock his whole life, having only really drunk pumpkin or pineapple juice. "Can we not just have fun of the non dancing type? I mean you can dance and I can..." He trailed off knowing that Avie would win this argument, He may as well take a leaf out of Avie's book and just not care about what others think and go wild.

At the revelation that one of his best friends had never tried butter beer, Avie just sat with his mouth open in shock. He couldn't believe it. "But...Why not?" he muttered in disbelief, clearly very surprised that this boy had never tried it. "It's the best thing ever." he assured the other boy. Avie picked up a couple of rocks and placed then in his pockets. Smiling brightly. "Well that settles it. You are trying it. And we can dance." he told him, as the other boy then said that they could have fun non-dancing. That wasn't as good. He didn't like that as much at all. "Nah, you are dancing with me. I'll show you. I mean, I'm not good at it but I have fun anyway! So will you." he told his friend brightly. His friend was going to get away with not dancing. He looked at the rocks left in from of him. "Here take this rock, it can be the lucky rock you use for dancing!" he handed the rock to his friend before lightly rubbing his face with the jumper sleeve, since the cuts were irritating him slightly.

He laughed at Avie's reaction. He was quite sure he'd never had it before, never really been in the situation to try it. "It's not like I've been deliberately abstaining from it my whole life," He laughed, "Fine I'll try your beverage." He shifted uncomfortably on the hard ground as he tried to imagine him and Avie dancing together. It didn't look so good and Avie was in his Slytherin Uniform covered in mud. Kris frowned. "I'll dance with you, If you look formal enough." He put emphasis on the word "look". He didn't want Avie to act formal though. That'd make the whole evening boring. Kris took the rock and smiled. He then handed Avie the rounded rock he had found earlier. "You can have this rock then."

Avie didn't understand what the boy said in response to Avie. he had understood little parts of it, but not enough of it. He figured that the boy was talking about the butterbeer thing, but for him there was really no way of being certain of what he was trying to tell Avie. So Avie frowned at his friend, "I don't understand, what's deliberately abstaining?" Avie in his usual fashion stumbled over the words, trying to mimic how he'd heard Kris say them just moments before. But that didn't work out as well as he thought it might. It was because of this, that Avie just brushed over the next thing that Kris said, "doesn't matter, you are trying it anyway" He told him with a nod. He smiled happily at his friend and while the boy agreed to dance with him at the ball, he continued to rubbing his face. He probably needed to wash it or something. He could feel bruises forming, and because of him rubbing a few of the cuts they were bleeding again. He was then that he noticed the other one handing him a rock too. Avie took it from the boy and held it in his hands. No one had ever given him a rock before, so he was quick to look at it and turn it over in his hands. It was cool. "Thanks Kris" he told him happily, "I love it. It'll be a great addition to my collection"

He stifled a laugh, remembering the first time they had met and them agreeing that Kris could be the quiet smart one and Avie the more talkative one. Back at home Kris used to learn a lot, so know a fair variety of big words. "Deliberately Abstaining is like avoiding it, but on purpose because you don't want it." He smiled when Avie pronounced the words incorrectly and he wished that he could do more to help him learn.

Kris noticed Avie rubbing his still slightly bleeding face, and after handing him the rock and smiling at his reply, Kris pulled on his hat and Hufflepuff scarf. "Do you want to go sort your face out?"
<i>
</i>

He was glad when Kris in front of him decided to help him in explaining what the words meant. He listened to how Kris was saying them, but he was sure that he could listen a hundred times and never be able to say them. He tried repeating them after Kris, but it didn't seem to help, he didn't think he was saying it correctly in the slightest. Which didn't help the boys confidence much. But really he wasn't going to get much better. He was trying, Professor Raven was good at helping him, but it was slow and Avie was sure that he wouldn't even be able to learn. In any case he was just sure that no matter how hard he tried, it would be easier to stick with simple, easier words. Words that he remembered. He rubbed his face again, it was stinging really bad now, he knew that it would be fine soon, but he didn't really like it. Generally cuts and that kind of thing bothered him little but this was different. it probably didn't help that Avie was scratch his face with his sleeve. "Can we?" it wasn't so much a question of agreement, but more of a question as to if it was even possible. "Can we go sort it out?" He asked quietly, he didn't want to make his friend feel bad about what had happened, but Avie wanted his face to be okay again. "For some reason they are hurting a lot"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back