OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Wand
Myrtle Wand 15 1/2" Core - Tail of Charmed Newt
Ioan stepped out of the building and quickly tucked a package into the inside pocket of his leather coat. He pulled up the collar of his coat as he walked, though the chill in the air felt good on his face. With a look back at the now closed door, Ioan held up his hand in a farewell and then began to quickly walk away. If only they knew what was living around them, Ioan thought to himself and a smirk appeared across his face thinking of all the muggles who were clueless about the wizards.

The snow that had been coming down heavily before was no longer coming down. Most people had retired for the evening, but a few were still out, heading home most likely. Ioan strolled through the town, his hands in his pocket, listening to the crunch that his steps made in the newly fallen snow.

He was looking for a place to grab a drink before he apparated home. Ioan could have easily apparated home first and then gotten a drink, but he had made it his mission after becoming of legal age to go to as many muggle bars and taverns to try and find a drink that he liked as much as firewhiskey. It was one of the rare times that he could be found anywhere near muggles by choice. Truthfully, if Ioan knew of a nearby wizarding establishment, he would probably be there because, thus far, the muggles had not been successful.

Leah walked out of her hotel, a black trench coat hugged against her figure, hiding the blue jeans and long sleeved blue shirt underneath. It was still freezing although the coat took off most of the chill. The sunlight was blocked out from the clouds of snow making the day seem dreary. However, Leah had other plans for the day, other plans that did not include enjoying the sunshine.

She wished to visit her old home, but before that she felt that perhaps a muggle drink would do some good. And suddenly, she spotted someone she had met twice before. "Ioan." Leah called. It was surprising to see him here, but a smile formed across her lips as she made her way to him, leaving deep imprints of footsteps in the snow.

Ioan quickly spun around as he heard his name called, by a female no less. He was momentarily confused as he saw a girl walking toward him because he did not think he knew any females in the area. When he realized who it was that was making her way to him, Ioan smiled. It was one of the rare, genuine smiles that also reached his eyes.

He paused and stood waiting for her to catch up to him. She looked beautiful as ever in the cold, which seemed to enhance her looks and make her appear older. "Leah. What a pleasant surprise..." Ioan said, grabbing her hand and planting a kiss on it. He knew he could be charming when it suited him and now that he had successfully done what he had been sent to do, Ioan was in a good mood.

With his smile settling into his more usual smirk, Ioan's eyebrow raised. "Shouldn't you be in school?" he asked curiously. He didn't know about the practices at Hogwarts New Zealand, but in Durmstrang they had attended school during the month of February.

The place where Ioan kissed left a tingly warm spot on her hand. Leah was happy to see him, having felt a little bit lonely the past few days she had been here. She felt that Ioan understood her more than most did, and that perhaps he would be willing to talk with her about her plans for herself now that she had dropped out. "The pleasure is always mine, Ioan Finch." Leah said to him, looking into his dark eyes.

She hoped that he would not be disapointed in her dropping out, but it was something that had to be done. She could not be at that school any moment longer. It was insulting to be considered a student at Hogwarts New Zealand. "I left to pursue other activities." She shivered a little. "Care to follow me into the bar?"

Ioan listened to Leah's response and frowned slightly. He was rather uncaring about many things, but since he father was an ex-professor, the value of a magical education had been ingrained in him from a young age. On the other hand, he didn't know what sorts of things they were teaching the students at that New Zealand school and figured that for someone like Leah, it probably wasn't good enough. She needed lessons that certain schools were unable or unwilling to provide.

"Real world experience is usually more valuable than what you learn in school" he replied before nodding and beginning to walk with her towards the bar. As they reached the door, Ioan pushed it open and stepped back so that Leah could enter first. A man was set to come through the door, but a glare from Ioan made him step back and wait patiently. Turning back to Leah, Ioan said "After you..."

"Indeed. I agree with you there." Leah nodded at him and stepped through the door, ignoring the man who had almost came out before her. The bar looked like a typical bar, slightly dark, various people sat at the tables, some drank their drinks at the counter. It would have been perfect, however a television blared in the corner, playing some sort of muggle sports game. It was clearly a muggle joint.

Leah had expected as much, seeing as she had chose to stay in a muggle inn instead of some sort of wizarding community. It didn't bother her to much though, so she chose a table and seated herself. Leah wasn't very hungry, instead all she craved was a stiff drink with Ioan and a little bit of chit chat before she continued on with her mission. "How long have you been here in Leeds?"

Ioan followed her inside and glanced around the area. It looked like a typical bar and besides the television playing in the corner, no one would be able to tell the difference between this place and any wizarding place. He followed Leah to a table and sat across from her. The tables were rather small and their knees touched.

"I just got here last night" he answered. "I was visiting an old school friend actually" he revealed and then excused himself to get their drinks. The bartenders in this place worked quickly and within a short time, Ioan had two of their strongest drinks in his hand. Making his way back to the table, Ioan couldn't help but wonder about the turn of events that had led him to run into Leah again.

Placing a drink in front of her, Ioan took his seat again. "I'm surprised to see you here. What are you doing in Leeds?" he asked "Do you have family here?" Most of the wizards that he knew usually traveled in wizarding communities unless they had family in non-wizarding places.

Leah watched Ioan get their drinks and made herself comfortable. The television in the corner did nothing to stir her irritation, and she had to wonder why. Perhaps it was because she had met up with Ioan yet again. "Thank you." She said, taking the glass and tasting a little before setting it down before her. She was tempted to ask who exactly was his friend, but privacy was something that many people desired, and she left it alone. "I hope your visit went as well as it should."

She set her elbow on the table, gently tapping the hard wooden table with her long and slender finger tips. "I grew up here, actually. Since I dropped out, I've decided to visit my old home." She smiled. "Most of my family is in New Zealand now. Unless my father happens to be here, but I have not seen him in ages, so I doubt he'd be here." She sighed a little. "How long are you here for, anyway?"

Ioan nodded and a smile crossed his face. "It was much better than expected" Ioan vaguely replied, unable to give Leah any more information than that. This particular friend had never dissappointed Ioan in all the time the pair had known each other. He was one of the few people Ioan trusted.

Ioan took a gulp of the drink before him, feeling it burn its way down his throat as Leah explained that she was from Leeds, but hadn't seen her father. It was something else that they had in common though Leah's sigh made it seem as if she actually did want to see the man. If Ioan could help it, he would never see his father again. "I couldn't picture you growing up here in a mu...this place" he said with a cold glance around the place and all the muggles inside.

Feeling a little warm, Ioan took off his coat and draped it on the back of his chair. He was wearing a long sleeved black shirt and a pair of black jeans. Still hot, Ioan pushed his sleeve up on his right arm and had begun to do the same to the left when it suddenly hit him that he hadn't disillusioned his tattoo. Reluctantly, he pulled both sleeves back down. At Leah's question, he shrugged and added, "I don't know...probably until morning. How long are you planning to stay?" Ioan picked up his glass and drained the rest of his drink as he waited for her response.

Leah nodded, accepting his lack of information on his friend. She had learned that this is how it had to be, especially in these trying times. "Wonderful." She watched Ioan take off his jacket, and her eyes widened a little when she caught a flash of a tattoo on his arm. Ioan quickly pulled down his sleeves, however, which made Leah wonder what kind of tattoo that he had. She had her suspicions, but none that she could openly speak with him about. Leah knew that Ioan wasn't the type to exactly kill her for seeing a tattoo, seeing as she wanted to become a deatheater as well, but she could not risk it by saying anything.

Leah smiled at Ioan, deciding to forget what she saw, because perhaps it wasn't that sort of tattoo anyway. "In a muggle city?" Leah finished. "I know. It was my mothers idea to live here for the ten years of my life. I suppose it helped me realize that muggles are annoying." Seeing Ioan take off his jacket, made her realize that it was getting warmer. She pulled it off, and set it on her lap, curling a protective arm around it. "You stayed a short while." Leah observed. "Is Leeds that horrible?" It wasn't that great of a city, so she could understand. "I stay until I finish with whatever I am going to do. I have no one to get back too."

Noticing Leah's eyes widen, Ioan bit back a curse. He had the feeling that he and Leah were on the same page about certain things, but he had no proof that she had any intentions of becoming a death eater like him. Ioan hoped that she wouldn't ask any questions because he would be forced to ignore them. He couldn't believe he had been such an idiot to leave his friend's house without disillusioning his arm. When Leah began to talk and it wasn't about the tattoo, he breathed a silent sigh of relief.

Ioan grinned as she realized what he was trying to say. He noticed a man sitting at the table beside them look at them curiously as Leah used the word muggle. With an eye roll, Ioan turned his attention back to Leah. The only muggles he had ever come across had been the ones who skiied across his village in Romania and the ones he had met as an adult. He couldn't imagine having to grow up with non-wizards.

When she asked whether Leeds was that bad, Ioan chuckled and then shook his head. "It was only supposed to be a short stay. I...needed to pick something up from my friend and I have, so I have no reason to stay here any longer." Leah's response was quite curious and he wondered what she could have to do in a place like this, especially since none of her family was here. "And what are you planning to do vrãjitoare putin?" he asked softly leaning in closer to the young girl. "Is it something I can help you with?" he offered, sitting back.

Leah took another drink, and shivered slightly as the warmth of the liquid drained down her throat. It was strong stuff, but it was the kind of stuff she wanted and needed at this moment. She set down her glass, and thought on Ioan's response. Naturally, she would've liked for him to stay a bit longer, so they could meet up here again, but she could not say that. Ioan had a child at home, and it was possible that the mother of that child was Ioan's girlfriend, or even wife.

Leah slyly looked at his left hand to see that no ring covered any of the fingers. She smirked a little, and met Ioan's eyes. "I know the feeling. I'd rather not stay here long, but I have nothing to go back too, so I will probably stay here longer than necessary." Her mind rung up the costs of staying in her hotel for more than a week as she had payed for. It wasn't pleasant to think about, because her funds were seriously limited.

Leah wondered if she could trust Ioan with her plans. It was nothing horrific, but this was important to her, and she would not stand for being ridiculed. Biting her lip before continuing she spoke: "I grew up here, so I want to see my old house." Deciding to continue, she went on. "Also, perhaps I will find my father and... and" Leah dropped her voice down to a whisper. "Exact revenge for what he did to me and my mother."

Ioan listened to Leah mention again that she had nothing to go back to. He thought of everything he had. Only a year ago, he had been much like Leah, alone and on a mission. In just a short period of time, he had met Adrianne and had his world turned practically upside down. Even with the child they had together, Ioan still wasn't sure of Adrianne's feelings for him or his feelings for her. There certainly was something there, but he didn't know if it was enough to keep them together forever.

Thinking back to his abandoned bachelor pad, Ioan wondered if he ought to offer it to the young girl. He figured that staying in hotels must be getting expensive for the young girl. Hearing of her plans, Ioan squinted his eyes and a serious look appeared on his face. Revenge was something he knew about, and he wondered what could have happened to Leah to want that for her father. Perhaps, he was right about the darkness he saw in her.

He gently grabbed hold of her hand and looked straight into her eyes. "Do what you must Leah" he began gently knowing that she probably wanted to do something like this by herself, "but if you need my help, all you need to do is say the word...and if you ever return to New Zealand...I have an apartment that you could use, if you'd like. It isn't much, but...I couldn't see you on the street and you have more there than you do here. You can at least be among friends." Every time he saw Leah, Ioan was finding it much harder to hide his fondness for the young girl. He didn't think the feelings were romantic in any way, despite the kiss they had shared, but perhaps there was something like that as well.

Leah stared straight into Ioan's eyes feeling the familiar flare of attraction rise up in her. He was just to handsome for his own good. She smirked, and squeezed his hand before pulling away. In fact, Leah wanted revenge but what if she found her father? Would she even be able to go through with some sort of vengeance? She wanted to believe that she could be cruel and conscienceless like her father was to her and her mother, but was this really what she wanted?

Yes, I want this. "Thank you, Ioan. I feel that I made need that apartment. I don't have much money, and staying at the Leaky Cauldron diminishes my funds very quickly." Her voice rang with sincere politeness. She stared at Ioan Finch, and wondered if she should ask him to come along with her. It would be nice to have company, and before she had run into her old friend she had felt so alone.

Leah shuddered to think of how alone she would feel when she faced her old home. "I need you to do something for me." Leah began. "I..." She sighed a little, having always had a hard time asking for help. "If you can, could you come with me to see my old home?" Ugh. I sound like a scared little girl. She grinded her teeth, feeling completely awkward, and wishing that her mouth had been magically sealed before she had requested his company.

He nodded, happy that she was willing to accept his offer. As Leah struggled to ask him something, Ioan sat quietly. He had no idea what she might ask him and wondered what his limits would be for what he would do for her. When she finally revealed that she wanted him to go to her old house with her, Ioan stilled. It was a testament to their growing relationship that she trusted him enough to share this moment with him. He could tell that she was nervous about asking and wondered what he should say.

With a small nod, Ioan said “Of course.” He did need to get back to New Zealand, but he surely couldn’t leave Leah to do this on her own if she wanted someone to accompany her. He was finished with his drink and wondered whether she wanted to go now. “When do you want to go?” he asked.

A sincere smile broke across Leah's face as Ioan accepted her offer. It was one of the rare true smiles she exibited during this trip. "Really?" She asked, happiness seeping into her voice. She already had the address having asked her mother for it before she left. Her mother had suggested she not visit it, but like usual Leah ignored her. Most of all, she was bothered by the fact her mother had no interest in joining her, and it kinda hurt.

"Thank you. I'd like to go now, if it is okay with you. I was actually headed that way before I bumped into you." She stood up, and downed the last of her beverage. She pulled on her jacket and waited for Ioan to prepare himself to go with her.

A small smile crossed Ioan's face at Leah's reaction. It was nice to see her looking happy for a change. Standing up as she said she wanted to go there now, Ioan grabbed his coat and whipped it around, placing his arms into the sleeves. The bottom of his coat hit a muggle behind him, but Ioan didn't bother to apologize. "Lead the way" Ioan said, gesturing with his hand toward the door.

Leah nodded curtly, and walked out of the door into the cool and crisp air. She looked around, seeing muggles scattered about in various locations, and led Ioan into a darkened alleyway, away from the non magical folk. "I know where it's at, so would you like to do sidelong apparation?"

Ioan followed Leah out and into an alleyway. When she offered to do side-along apparation, Ioan bristled for a second. He didn't necessarily like the idea of being pulled to who-knows-where, even if it was Leah who was apparating with him. He had trouble trusting people, and although he liked Leah, he didn't know her enough to trust her fully.

Realizing that there wasn't another way, Ioan sighed. "I suppose so" he said as he grabbed her arm and waited to apparate. His other arm instantly went to his pocket where his wand was concealed. He closed his hand tightly around it and waited for the familiar sensation of being sucked into a tube.

"Are you ready?" Leah asked, taking a deep breath. She closed her eyes, imagining her old house, and spinned around. She suddenly felt as she was being pulled in two ways at once, it was incredibly uncomfortable. Her eyes were sealed shut, until she felt herself stop. Leah looked herself and Ioan over making sure they were both in one piece.

"I've gotten better at this apparating thing." Leah said confidently. She looked away from Ioan, and noticed her old home right in front of her. They had apparated on a street corner that held many other shabby looking homes. Her house looked a little different than she had last remembered it. "They painted it." Leah said aloud, feeling disapointed. It used to be a pretty blue color, but now it was vomit green.

A crappy muggle convertable was parked in the street near the house, signifying that someone resided there. "Welcome to my old home."

Ioan held onto Leah's elbow as they apparated and when they landed, he quickly dropped his hand and scanned the area, dropping his guard only when he realized there was nothing but homes around them. The area was clearly inhabited by muggles and there was no sign of wizards living anywhere near the area. He looked toward the home she had indicated and noticed that there was a muggle transport thing parked in front.

“I was hoping that wasn’t the color of it when you lived inside” he said with a look of disgust on his face. The color was pretty bad. “Do you think anyone’s home?” he asked, unsure of whether she wanted to go inside or if seeing the outside was enough for her.

Leah chuckled at Ioan's remark. She wholeheartedly agreed with him about the color. "It used to be blue." She said wistfully. "It looked a lot better than this." She pulled out of his grip and took a few steps towards the house, setting her hands on the fence. "Well, a car is here so someone has to be home..." She wondered if it was her father. "I don't think it would be my father though." She glanced at the car. "He's a pureblooded wizard, I highly doubt he'd be using muggle transportation."

Ioan listened Leah. He agreed with her even though he didn't know her father. Purebloods could rarely be found using muggle items if it could be helped. "Let's find out. Dressed like this, we can come across as muggles if we need to" Ioan said as he began to walk toward the door. He looked back to see if Leah would follow. There was only one way to find out after all.

Leah took a deep breath as she watched Ioan hed towards her house. She had taken a leap even coming here today, but she was not so sure if she actually wanted to knock on the door and speak to whomever lived in this house. However, she followed Ioan, and stopped when they reached the front of the door. Leah knew that if she did not go through with this, it would be a wasted trip. "Here I go." She said, raising her fist and giving the door several loud knocks.

She waited with bated breath, and looked over at Ioan for courage. For some reason, although he did not share much with her, she trusted him. He gave her strength to carry out tasks such as these, and in a way she looked up to him. Her eyes tore away from the handsome man when the door was pulled open, leaving a harried woman standing in the doorway. She had light brown hair that was graying slightly, and a thin pursed mouth that seemed as it had not smiled in years. She looked middle aged, and just like a typical muggle woman.

Leah raised an eyebrow at the woman's night gown and woolen socks, but attempted to smile at her instead. "Yes? What do you two want?" The woman asked impatiently. "I'm not buying anything you're selling."

"Good afternoon." Leah said, briskly. "Is a William Winters here?"
The older lady looked at her oddly. "No. He moved away ages ago. Why do you ask?"

Ioan stood beside Leah, more for support than anything else as she knocked. He hoped that someone would come to the door because the girl looked nervous as if she were expecting no one to arrive. When he heard the locks turning and the door open, Ioan stared at the middle-aged woman standing there...in her nightgown.

As she impatiently asked them what they wanted, Ioan stood silently by not wanting to open his mouth for fear that he would say something to anger the woman. In most circumstances, he wouldn’t care about angering a muggle, but perhaps this woman would have some important information to share with Leah.

Hearing that her father had moved away, Ioan raised an eyebrow. He didn’t even tell Leah? Ioan asked himself, wondering how a man could just leave and not tell his family anything. When the woman asked why, Ioan finally decided to speak up. “We were looking for him. Do you know where we can find him?” he asked brusquely and looked to Leah to see if she wanted to ask anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back