Missing

Alicia ran down the lawn, her chest heaving as her heart nearly exploded. She was too old to run at these speeds but when she heard that a student was in danger, she ran as quickly as she could.

The view that greeted her was gruesome. She saw Andromeda on the ground, blood darkening the grass around her. When she looked up at first all she saw was Cecily and took a step toward her, but when she followed Cecily's gaze, she saw the hateful creature Drago.......and Bearse, her own cousin. Alicia pulled out her wand and stepped closer to Cecily, the tip of her wand swinging between Drago and Bearse, unsure of what was happening.

"Alicia!"Cecily cried out, "Thank Merlin!" She was scrabbling to bring Andromeda back by her and away from the werewolf. She didn't register the presence of her ex husband until she had Andromeda safely by her on the ground. Her green eyes connected with his and all she felt for the man was a strange mixture of hatred and pity.
"What are you doing here?" she spat out, standing up beside Alicia with her wand in front of her. "Now it makes sense. You brought that thing here,"she hissed, pointing at Drago.

Bearse gave up all pretense of civility or being a hero in that moment. His face relaxed into his perpetual sneer and he slowly moved to be near, but not too near, Drago. "Someone displaced a comrad of mine,"he smirked, his eyes narrowed. "I came to see what was amiss and my friend here accompanied me,"he taunted them. "Dear stupid Cecily. As soon as I'm done with you and my dear cousin, I shall let Drago rip apart your student. Perhaps in front of you, wouldn't that be fitting?" he laughed mockingly.

Cecily's face paled as a rage filled her. Her lips trembled and tears slowly started to track down her face as the emotion threatened to overwhelm her. She growled low in her throat as her chest tightened. "Don't you ever threaten one of my children,"she growled out, her green eyes stark in her white face.

Bearse laughed loudly and long at her words, totally disregarding how angry she was. "Your children?" he laughed, wiping tears of malicious mirth from his eyes. "You'll never have children, you stupid bent. I saw to that,"he smirked. He kept a watchful eye on Drago, in case he forgot where Bearse' loyalties lie. He was enjoying baiting her. He waited to see if they would throw the first curse. He dearly would love to bring her and his cousin down.

Cecily's blood froze, her breath stuttered. What did he mean by that? Did he..? No, surely not. Nothing of the sort had been in her memory. He was messing with her, trying to provoke her. She breathed deeply, her wand in front of her. She had to think of Andromeda and how to get her away from there.
"You sicken me,"she spat at him. In a side whisper, she lowered her voice to address Alicia. "I don't know how they got here. Drago bit Andromeda, we have to get her to the castle."

(OOC: I've gotta go to bed. :unsure: Early morning unfortunately. Had lots of fun though! Can't wait to see how it goes tomorrow. :D )

Alicia nodded her head, her nerves on end. She had listened to all the Bearse had said and didn't care what he did to Alicia, but she would not stand for him to threaten her school, the children in her school, or her dear friend and colleague. Still very aware of Drago, Alicia turned to Bearse.

"Well, now haven't the tables turned, Bearse? It wasn't more than two decades ago that you were an Auror; someone sworn to protect. Do you remember when we faced off like this? You the dedicated, young Auror, and me the Death Eater trying to leave the group?" She wasn't sure where she was hoping this conversation would lead, but she was hoping that it was distracting enough that she could get Andromeda to safety.

(((*pouts* Fine.....see you all tomorrow..... <_< .....stupid sleep)))

Bearse scowled darkly at his cousin, her words mocking him. "Aye the tables have turned cousin," he said, giving her a mock bow. "Soon you'll see how right your words are,"he sneered. "But tell me, righteous woman that you are--how is dear old Lucius?" he taunted.

Alicia's head snapped back as if she had been hit. Her eyes set in a cold glare, one filled with such hatred that an onlooker would never doubt her capable of being a Death Eater. "My life and relationships are none of your concern. You've lost the right to ask me questions when you turned on your family and your wife." She paused and glanced back down at Andromeda. "You brought a beast onto this property who nearly killed a student. You swore to me that you would protect these children when I asked you to join me in running this school. Your word is apparently as worthless as you are." Alicia was struggling to control herself, but as she stood there, the grass began to flutter around her feet and a loud rumbling could be heard below her.

Everything was still black, she felt swallowed in darkness. She could hear the faint sound of voices, angry so angry. The eyes came flashing back to her again and Andromeda groaned quietly, she felt the intense pain all over her now. She didn't know if she were alive or dead. If this was the after life or some halting place before she moved on. Andy wanted her mother, could feel her mouth moving as if to call her but she stopped again.
Her mother couldn't hear her here. She thought of her father and sister, would they hear her cries would they come to take her. The darkness she felt was closing in even more, if this was indeed the end she wanted it to come swiftly.

All of a sudden she felt as if her body was being vibrated, her eyes slowly - very slowly opened, she could see nothing but darkness still. She was so afraid, weary so very weary. She felt as if her very heart would stop soon. She opened her mouth to say something, anything...
"Dad...dy" she whispered softly wishing he would come and take her with him to the stars and end all of this pain.

Cecily, keeping a wary eye on the werewolf and her ex husband, slowly crouched down until she could safely check on Andromeda again. "Shh,"she whispered softly. "It's alright. Be still. This will all be over soon," she touched a gentle hand to the girl's uninjured shoulder.

Bearse laughed coldly. "Hit a nerve, did I cousin?" His dark eyes cut to Cecily by the girl on the ground. "I wouldn't bother comforting her too much,"he sneered at her, hatred evident in his tone. "Drago doesn't like his food to handled." Although he didn't show it, he was becoming wary of facing his cousin down. He hadn't expected to run into her yet. He could feel her magic coming off her in waves and kept his face cold and calm, his sneer permanently in place. He had to catch her off guard. Perhaps he could have Drago attack her so he could get at Cecily. He wouldn't waste his magic on her. He'd wrap his fingers around her throat and watch the light fade from her eyes as he choked her to death.

Andromeda knew that voice. That voice stood for good and kindness in her eyes. It was her professors, she wasn't dead then. Be still she told herself, be still. Her professor had said it would be alright and she believed her. Andromeda closed her eyes against the pain that was shooting up through her leg now from where the creature had bitten her and it had begun to sting mildly again in her shoulder as well.
Her blood felt cold now, she thought this strange considering how it had felt like it was on fire earlier. She willed herself to be still, to block out the sounds about her.
She concentrated on her breathing as she did when going to fly, she tried her best to meditate but she was too weak and her focus was not strong enough. Take me to a happy place, she cried in her mind, please!

She squeezed her eyes tight and her hands grabbed suddenly on to clumps of grass as an intense pain swarmed through her entire body.

Cecily murmured a spell to induce Andromeda to fall asleep. She hoped it would work as the girl convulsed with pain. Cecily's eyes teared up before she stood up, her wand pointed at Bearse.
"Enough of your pointless banter,"she said lowly, her voice and wand steady. "You will leave now and never come back, do you understand me?" her green eyes narrowed. Looking upon the face of the man she'd once vowed to love until her dying day was pure agony for her. Not that she loved him, no, not anymore. He'd killed that love long before he'd left. His actions, now that she had her memories returned to her, revealed the vile person in front of her. She knew now his true nature and she knew he would try to kill her. She saw death in his eyes and by Circe, it would not be hers!

(going to go eat dinner, be on later tonight. :D )

Alicia saw out of the corner of her eyes that Cecily was comforting the girl but never let her eyes stray from Bearse. She could hear the whispering of Andromeda and knew that this situation would need to be resolved quickly so that the girl could be saved.

"Not a nerve, Bearse. This is my only offer to you. As you spared me once before I will spare you, but only because you are my blood. Leave now, but leave Drago. This beast will be taken care of, he has a debt to pay and I hope it's with his blood." Her eyes narrowed as she stared at the man she wished she could kill. In a part of herself that she didn't recognize, she secretly hoped that he would decline her offer to leave unharmed, but she convinced herself that she was doing the right thing. She continued to watch Drago out of the corner of her eye, knowing that she would not hesitate to kill him if he so much as blinked.

Bearse growled out his words harshly. "You think to take me on? The both of you? What would you do, Cecily?" he sneered at her. "You didn't fare too well last time we met did you?" he spat at the ground toward her.
"And you, dear cousin. Think I'd just give over Drago to you and leave with my tail between my legs? You've gone soft. Living around these mudbloods and muggle lovers has rotted your brain."

Alicia's lips tightened and her eyes narrowed again; her grip on her wand was so tight that it was amazing that it didn't snap. "You'll not threaten Cecily again, Bearse." She paused, took a deep breath, and spoke in a frightening calm voice. "You've made a mistake, Bearse. You should have left. You won't win this fight."

Bearse chuckled lowly, the sound grating. He planted his feet shoulder width apart and held his wand at the ready. "I'll do whatever I bloody well want toward that foolish witch."

Cecily's world exploded at that one derogatory word; foolish. She was transported back to that still night, she could smell the acrid smoke of his cigarette as it burned her flesh, feel his rough hands gripping her wrists, hear the crack as he struck her repeatedly. Most of all she could hear his words repeating over and over in her mind like a broken record. 'Foolish.'
She cried out, waving her wand at him with a slashing motion, her spell silently screamed in her mind.

Bearse staggered back, nearly falling as her spell sliced open his shoulder. Blood gushed from the wound and pressed his empty hand to it. He roared and sent a hex at her.

Cecily's 'Protego' didn't make it in time from her lips before she was flying backward, hitting the ground near Andromeda.

Alicia's world turned red. The ground rumbled and the wind whipped around her face. The body of Cecily being thrown backward had pushed Alicia over the edge. Before she could even think she opened her mouth and screamed, "Avada Kedavra" and sent the green streak from her wand straight at Bearse.

Bearse' failed spell died on his lips, a look of surprise on his face as he slowly fell backward. He'd heard the roar of the spell rushing toward him and been entranced by the eerily beautiful green light. He'd never thought he'd meet his death today and at the hands of his cousin.
His body hit the ground with a loud 'thump'. His eyes were open and unseeing. Bearse Prosinian, ex-Headmaster of Hogwarts New Zealand and Death Eater, was dead.

Cecily sat up on the ground, groaning and holding her arm to her side. It felt broken and she felt something wet on her fingers. She got up and looked in time to see the green light rushing at Bearse. She heard a dull roar in her ears, like a tunnel and saw her ex husband fall dead to the ground. Her mouth moved and refused to produce any sound. She stood there in shock, just staring at his body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back