Open Missed appointments

Jasper Beese

Flaky friend | Gobstones forever!

Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Wand
Straight 13 Inch Unyielding Acacia Wand with Kelpie Hair Core
open after @Victoria de Lacey

Jasper was supposed to be doing something with someone this afternoon, but he’d completely forgotten what it was. Deciding it couldn’t have been too important, he set off to explore the castle instead. Wandering the corridors, he hoped to stumble upon something interesting or unusual.

So far, his explorations had brought up a few conversations with eager portraits. That was, until he came across another common room. It was different from the Gryffindor common room but just as impressive. Jasper wondered if this was the common room for one of the other houses, and he stepped inside to investigate.

Tori didn't know what had happened, but somehow it seemed she had missed Jasper. She wasn't sure if she could call him a friend yet, since they'd only really played a couple of games of Gobstones together (and he'd managed to pretty much smash her every single time), but she liked him, and that was enough to keep her coming back for another thrashing. Well, she was trying, only when they'd made plans she assumed he would meet her in the common room - only she'd waited for a while and she hadn't managed to find him. That was what set her off on a wander, checking as many places as she could on the way down from the tower. By the time she got down to the fourth floor, she was about ready to give up, but one of the portraits she questioned about a new Gryffindor first year (which really didn't narrow it down to be honest) they'd said they saw a young Gryffindor boy heading into the student lounge and so with one last hopeful effort, Tori had headed in there, only to find the exact person she'd been looking for. "Jasper!" she called, hands on her hips. How rude of him to stand her up. "I thought we were gonna play gobstones in common room ages ago! I've been trying to track you down!" This castle was way too big to be looking for people without help.

@Jasper Beese

Jasper almost leapt out of his skin when someone sharply said his name, flailing his arms, he spun around to see Tori standing there, hands on her hips and an exasperated look in her eyes. "Tori!" he yelped, his face flushing. "Oh no, I completely forgot! I’m so sorry! I must have lost track of time. I was, er, just on my way now." He rambled on, not sticking to one excuse in his moment of shock.

He quickly walked over to her, scratching the back of his head in a way that was supposed to look innocent. "I was just wondering whose common room this was," he explained, as if that somehow justified his lateness.

He floundered under her gaze and Tori decided that for the time being she could maybe give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he'd just gotten lost? They'd not been here long after all and she could attest to how difficult the school was to get around after having spent however long looking for him just now. She was going to have to petition Mr. Professor Cade to give her a map, or perhaps she could start looking into making one herself because it felt strange to not have on handy. He would it be that she couldn't have a map when like the three of her parents had all gone to school here? It made no sense! "Common room? This can't be a common room could it?" She asked, looking past him now into the room he seemed to have found. It didn't look like the Gryffindor common room with all its... Gryffindorness - this one was certainly more neutral. "It doesn't have any colours... is there another house?" She didn't recall hearing another house announced at sorting, but she hadn't really been looking either, so, perhaps there was another house she wasn't aware of. But there was no one here either, just she and Jasper. Perhaps because it was so early in the school year yet? "Do you see any crests? Why isn't this one closed off like the others?"

@Jasper Beese

Jasper shifted awkwardly under Tori's gaze, but he tried to muster a reassuring smile. He'd do better next time hopefully, maybe! Jasper then looked at the room they had stumbled into. "I don't know. Maybe it's for the people the hat couldn't sort?" he suggested, looking around. He thought that everyone had been sorted somewhere, but there were bound to be people who didn't fit any house. Maybe they lived here?

He stepped further in, looking around for any clues. "Oh look there's the school crest" He glanced back at Tori, who seemed deep in thought. "You're right, it's weird that it's not closed off like the other common rooms," he mused. There must be a reason for this.

Elijah looked into the room, saw two people occupied in conversation and carried on looking for somewhere quiet to study.

Tori considered for a moment, were there people that the hat couldn't sort? She didn't think she'd ever seen any, but... that didn't mean there weren't any, right? As far as she could remember all of the names that had been read out at the sorting ceremony had been sorted into one of the normal four houses, no, it couldn't be that reason, could it? She was going to have to ask someone about this, clearly someone who had more of an idea about it than she had, because she clearly had no idea about it at all. She sort of wished she did though, so she could tell Jasper here and now, since she wanted to know right here and now. "I don't know if it's a common room, but... it's a room of some kind obviously," she said dumbly. Obviously it was a room, the barest classification of a room was a roof with four walls, and this definitely had those. The castle was so big it was really no telling what kind of a room it was, especially with everything that happens in this school, maybe there were just random rooms no one used ever. "Do you suppose this is like a former room? Maybe for when the castle was smaller, maybe everyone shared a common room?"

@Jasper Beese

Jasper nodded seriously, taking Tori's assessment seriously. It always seemed like Tori knew more about Hogwarts than he did. "Hmm, yes, it is definitely a room," he agreed, glancing around and admiring the decor. "Maybe this is where the Gobstones Club meets" he added, a hopeful note in his voice. Whatever it was, he felt like they had stumbled on somewhere useful.

Tori almost face-palmed. She felt stupid, honestly. Clearly Jasper was just repeating what she said to make her feel better, anyone with eyes could see this was a room, anyone without eyes, could have seen this was a room. "Is there a gobstones club here?" It would be cool if there was because she would like to join it. She wasn't a particularly good player, but maybe one day she'd get good enough to beat Jasper. She'd at least like the chance to try in any case. Maybe if she joined this gobstones club, she might be able to learn to beat him one day. That would make her happy. "Where are they? I would like to join them, maybe I can give you a good challenge one day!" Honestly she was also getting a bit sick of getting gobstoned all the time (which is what she had taken to calling the stink suffered on losing.

@Jasper Beese

Jasper scoffed out a laugh and shook his head at their obvious deductions. When Tori asked about a gobstones club, he responded, “I haven't found a gobstones club yet, but I’ll track it down if there is one. Or if there isn’t one, I'll just start it myself." He said confidently, and he already knew that his club would meet in this room, whatever this room was. "Oh would you like to be co-founder if I start one?" His brain automatically jumped to Tori arranging everything for him and he thought how great that would be.

"Co Founder and Vice President Tori de Lacey, I like the sound of that," she told Jasper, happily accepting his proposition. After all, if they were going to found a club together, one of them had to be the President and since it was his idea and he loved Gobstones so much, it seemed to her that he would be the logical choice. She would have voted for him, probably, even if she's not currently allowed to vote. "It's really nice in here though, this seems like it would be a really fun place to play a game, you could put a bunch of pillows on the floor in a circle to sit on and you could play on that table over there," she said pointing to one of the tables on the corner. "Oh, and look," she went to one of the cupboards a bit further in and grinned, "you can even put the gobstones in here for safe keeping right? What do you think Mr. President Jasper?"

Jasper loved Tori's enthusiasm, feeling a rush of excitement at her suggestions. "That does have a nice ring to it," he agreed to the title, already envisioning their Gobstones club taking shape and Tori could see it too. When she opened the cupboard and suggested storing the Gobstones there, Jasper's grin widened. "Brilliant idea, Vice President Tori. We can keep snacks for our meetings in there too." He suggested, "There's loads of space in that cupboard. Have you ever played wizard chess or exploding snap? I wonder if a Wizarding Games Club would attract more members as we can play loads of Gobstones, but also mix it up with other games too?" Jasper had ideas coming out from all directions.

Tori grinned, of course it had a nice ring to it, she'd thought of it and if she was good at nothing else, she had a great wit, at least she thought so. She hadn't thought of snacks though and as Jasper mentioned it she stepped back to look at the room. There was definitely a lot of space for them, it would be nice big tables of food, and in the draw they could put more snacks - she wondered if they might be able to check in with the house elves? That would be interesting surely, they might be able to get them to supply the food for the meetings. Hmm, "branching out is a good idea. Wizards chess and maybe exploding snap!" Tori was actually quite good at exploding snap and she would honestly relish a chance to be able to play it with a group of people. She was glad that she and Jasper seemed to be on the same page about this. "And look at all of these lounges, there's so much space in here!" she said, racing over to one of them and jumping up onto it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back