Missed a year technically

Alex Sheffield

OOC First Name
Patrick
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curved 13 Inch Flexible Walnut Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
So, my grades for the second semester of year one and first semester of this year are P, while everything else is O.

I missed the two semesters due to OOC reasons I mentioned a while ago. Does my character have to keep those poor grades on his gradebook because of my OOC absence, or is there a way to correct them?

Solution
Hi Patrick,

Fortunately, your character is still only in second year, so most of their time at Hogwarts and the repercussions of bad grades (not being able to enrol in certain courses, not having certain jobs) aren't coming up yet.
If you desperately wanted him to have better grades for those years, you could perhaps speak to the professors who teach those courses about makeup work. This is something professors are also discussing making available on the NEWT level. They are not obligated to offer you ways to make up those grades, but if they do the staff can edit the gradebook to suit.

In the future, one way to get around bad grades for OOC activity for a character that's supposed to be excelling in school (or whatever) is to...
Hi Patrick,

Fortunately, your character is still only in second year, so most of their time at Hogwarts and the repercussions of bad grades (not being able to enrol in certain courses, not having certain jobs) aren't coming up yet.
If you desperately wanted him to have better grades for those years, you could perhaps speak to the professors who teach those courses about makeup work. This is something professors are also discussing making available on the NEWT level. They are not obligated to offer you ways to make up those grades, but if they do the staff can edit the gradebook to suit.

In the future, one way to get around bad grades for OOC activity for a character that's supposed to be excelling in school (or whatever) is to transfer them out of Hogwarts when you know you'll be gone and then back in whenever you can come back again.

Hope that makes sense and helps,

Nick

Solution

Users who are viewing this thread

Back