Midnight Ride....

Amy watched as Ginny and Ivy flew about the Quidditch Pitch. She wasn't overly keen on flying and was perfectly happy to just sit back and watch them.
"I don't think its a bad idea myself" she replied to Ivy as she landed next to her.

Ivy, not wanting to be rude, stayed with AMy and watched Ginny do awesome moves. Ivy looked up at Ginny awed by her skills. "Ginny, can you please teach me those moves she asked", Ivy asked , still gawking at Ginny.

"Go up and fly if you want!" Amy said to Ivy.
"I dont mind just sitting here watching you!" she said smiling encouragingly.

ginny turned in horror breaking herself widly. she looked down, shocked. 'Are you serious?'Ginny choked out before turning back round and aiming for the pole but weaving in out of them instead. she had forgotten they would probably be watching.

"Do you know what guys, I'm guna go back to bed, I'm starting to feel sleepy at last!" she said yawning
"Its been nice speaking to you Ivy, BYE GINNY" she yelled as Ginny was still flying about.
With that she turned and made her way back up to the dormitory, shivering slightly in the wind.

Ivy waved bye to Amy and sat there dumfounded. She was a little dissappionted but she could completely understand why Ginny didn't want to share her best moves. Ivy sighed ans she mounted of flying as high as she could go without feeling nauseous and practiced her dives and flips once more.

'Bye Amy,' she called and waved as she saw Amy go back to the castle. she saw ivy alone and thought she will answer her fully. she was probably a little annoyed by her actions. she flew over to her. 'hey Ivy. look, i'll try and teach you the tricks if you want but just remember i can't actually teach you them. it'll have to be your own will power that gets you there,' she explain, pausing alot, trying to pick out the words properly. 'and also, if you get injured, it's not on my conscience,' she added.

Ivy made a sharp dive and was coming up when she found Ginny right above her. She turned and flipped over to face Ginny. "Ya, don't worry, if I get hurt, its my fault and I can be very stubborn and determined. Thanks for taking the time to help me with it." Ivy smiled at Ginny gratefully. She didn't have alot of friends who liked quidditch as much as Ginny.

ginny grinned at ease again for the first time in the night. 'Yeah but don't think you're gettiing to learn leap-frog. that can wait till after your exam.' she said jokingly. she flew diving underneath her and grabbed a bat from the ground, still on the broom. 'Do you want to start now?'she asked.

Ivy grinned as Ginny smiled. "Ya of course! Bring it on!" Ivy replied trying to look as if she could take on anything, arms crossed. But, since that failed pitifully, Ivy burst out laughing. She readied herself on her broom for whatever Ginny was planning on doing.

((OOC:back:D))

'well what do you want to try first?' she asked not really knowing what she should do.

"Umm..."Ivy took a long moment to think about an answer." I dunno, maybe start with the umm...Oh I got it, how about the little flip thing you did on your broom near the hoops?" Ivy suggested.

'What d'you mean. Where i came off my broom?'she asked. 'Or the one where i turned upside down on my broom?'she asked trying to remember. she was getting irritated by just hovering though and diced underneath ivy to the other side of her.

Ivy smiled as she saw the impatience written across Ginny's face; this was exactly what she felt sometimes. Ivy just wanted to stop hovering and fly so she quickly explained.. " You know, the one where you came off your broom, flipped over the hoopand landed back on your broom. Your broom flew throught the hoop while you were flipping in the air." Ivy stopped as she saw understanding dawn on Ginny's face. "Race you to the hoops!" Ivy challenges in a shrill vioce. Then, she bounded for the hoops, top speed, determined to win!

Ginny realized that Ivy was talking about the leap-frog one. she was about to protest against that but ivy butted in with a race proposal. She clutched her broom again and flew straight to the hoop, leaning low against it.

Ivy heard robes rusting behind her. She was sure that Ginny would catch up. When they reached the hoops, it was a tie. Ivy eagerly sat straigt on her broom, ready to start. But, when she saw the look of hesitation, Ivy also hesitated. "what's wrong?" She asked in concern," if you don't want to show me it, its allright, really."

'No but that trick is the leap-frog one i was talking about.'Ginny explained. 'What about a flip then?'she asked, rying to cheer her up again.

Ivy brightened instantly. "Sure," she answered eagerly. She could do dives and turns, but she couldn't get a handle on flips.

'Good. basicly you've just got to drive your broom upwards and don't sit up please.' Ginny said flying a couple of metres away from the hoops. She leaned low and let the broom fly towards the hoop before she drived it upwards and did a loop-the-loop over the top bar on the hoop. 'Right, your turn,' she said smiling brightly as she hovered near Ivy.

Ivy gripped her broom eagerly. She tried to mirror Ginny's movements. Ivy leaned on her broom, doing an upward dive while rushing towards the hoop. To her deligh, she did flip, but sshe wobbled off balance untill she steadied herself. Feeling exhilarated she tried it again, with better sucess.

ginny laughed slightly as Ivy wobbled on her broom. 'Hey, you're preety good at this. A natural in fact,' ginny joked.

Ivy put on a confident face, " Of course I'm a natural" She said cockily. She burst our laughing. "I know, I know, i have gotta practice it." She did the flip 8 more times before she got it perfectly. Smiling proudly she went up to Ginny " Bring it on!"

'I'd rather not,'Ginny said, glad that she was working on it. 'Shall we try it 2 metres off the ground now?'she asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back