Midnight Ride....

Ivy Black

Ivy rushed into the quidditch pitch, flushed with anxiety. She had wanted to go on a quiet and peaceful ride, alone and unsupervised. Ivy shivered as she was chilled to the bone by the sudden froce of the wind. She hugged her cloak around her tighter, struggling to keep her teeth from clattering.

Ivy sighed, wishing that she had some company. O well, I'm usually alone so I might as well get used to it. She glanced up at the bright moon, reflecting her eyes and the inviting feeling that the night sky gave her.

"UP!", she ordered; the broom flew to meet her out-streched hand. Ivy climbed on her broom and took off in one smooth movement. She had practiced alot since their first lesson and was comfortable with the weightlessness and the rush of air in her face. Ivy had also tried out for Ravenclaw Seeker, although she wasn't sure she would make the team. Ivy wanted to practice and improve her quidditch skills as it was her hobby.

She flew around hogwarts, careful to dodge out of sight of proffessers. Ivy sighed, wanting to capture the moment of that carefree feeling and freedom she always felt when she flew. She flew for an hour, savoring each moment. When she did land, it was to catch her breath. That was exhilarating! , she thought excited.

Ivy lay down on the grass and put the school broom beside her. I have to get my own broom, she thought, one thats perfect. Ivy stared at the sky, lost in her own thoughts, content by just laying there, trying to heal her past wounds. Quidditch was one of the things that helped heal her wounds from the past, before Hogwarts. She was happy, although she did wish for some company; Ivy wanted to know more people and find a few friends.

It was late at night but Amy couldn't bear to lay in bed a second longer. She couldn't go to sleep, this wasn't anything knew to her. At home, her father would always tell her to take a walk round the garden a couple of times, smelling the sweet smell of the flower usuall made her feel slightly sleepy. Knowing the same probably wouldn't apply here she shoved on one of her jumpers and carefully took herself outside. Once outside she noticed somebody sitting on the Quidditch Pitch. Thinknig that maybe she wouldn't be alone tonight she wondered over to see a girl, about her age laying on the grass.
"Oh hello" she said casually, as if this was a situation she normally found herself in, "What are you doing out here then?" she asked inquisitivly.

Ivy was lost deep in her thoughts when she heard someone approach. She snapped out from her reverie, sursprised to know that someone else was out too. Ivy grabbed her wand and stood alert, wondering who it could be. She relaxed when she was that it was only another girl, probably a first year.

Ivy smiled at the girl understandingly, knowing that she couldn't sleep either. " Wee, I couldn't really sleep and I wanted to get some fresh air without prosseffers eyeing me. I thought it would be a wonderful night to go flying", Ivy answered, sounding sad to her own ears.

"Yeah it really is a lovely night, the airs so refreshing" she said glancing round her.
"Oh I'm Amy by the way" she said extending herhand.

"Nice to meet you, Amy", Ivy replied. She shook Amy's hand and continued, "I'm Ivy and I'm in Ravenclaw. What about you?" Ivy smiled at her.

"I'm in Gryffindor!" she said smiling.
"So what brings you out here at this hour then?" she asked smiling.

Ivy smiled at the question and replied with a shrug "I just felt like getting some fresh air and a mid-night ride with no teachers telling you to fly low", Ivy giggled" And I couldn't really sleep", she concluded. "What about you?, she asked still grinning.

"I just couldn't really get to sleep!" Amy said smiling
"Normally thing" she said shurgging gazing up at the sky.
"Lovely night isn't it?" she said gesturing up towards the cloudless sky.

"Yeah", Ivy agreed in a whisper. She gazed up at the sky dreamily. "Its perfect for a night ride and to sort out your thoughts", Ivy added. She sighed. "So, what do you want to do?"

"Yeah it really is" Amy replied still gazing up at the sky.
"Erm i don't know really!" Amy said shrugging, smiling at Ivy.

Content with just staring at the sky, Ivy lay on the grass beside Amy and got lost deep into her own thoughts. She sighed. Ivy suddenly snapped out from her reverie when she heard footsteps approaching from the end of the pitch. Ivy turned to Amy, not bothering to hide her panic. She gave her a questioning gaze, asking her silently what they should do. It could be a professor or anyone, Ivy thought miserably.

ginny walked onto the quidditch pitch panickly. she was really jogging but it was so slow that it was walk in the end. she held onto her firebolt and made sure her wand was in her pocket when she noticed there were another two people there. she decided to stay still and mulled over excuses for her being out.

Amy turned slowly as she heard footsteps appraoch. She wasn't too sure what to do, but she began to think over excuses in her head for being out. All she could do was wait to see who it was.

Ivy held her breath as she saw the silhouette of a person against the shadows. It looked like that someone was holding a broom if you looked closely. Ivy sighed in relief;it had to be a fellow student.....no professor would go riding in the night. Ivy silently waited with Amy for the person reveal themmselves, praying that it was infact a student like she had assumed.

Ginny finally found an excuse and walked over to them, making sure she had a hold of her wand. she tried to look normal, not like she had just woken out a nightmare but it wasn't really the best outcome. 'hello.' she said, light coming from her wand. 'and why am i finding you here so late at night or early hours of the morning, whichever you prefer really?'

Amy gave a sigh of relief as she saw that the person appraoching was Ginny.
"Oh Ginny its you!" Amy smiled in relied
"Well i couldn't sleep when I bumped into Ivy here!" she said smiling.

'still, you shouldn't really be out here. I hope you brought your wands in the very least. Please tell me you did, didn't you?' ginyn asked not waiting for an answer form ivy.

Ivy sighed and relaxed visible; it was only Ginny. "I could sleep and i love flying on my broom. It gives me the feeling of carefreeness, if thats a word and helps me sort out my thoughts. I like to fly especially with no professors around, telling me to fly low." Ivy explained. She held up her broom as proof, looking defensive. "I could ask you the same question.....what r you doin g here here at the hour???" Ivy inquired, her defnse now strong.

'that's a different story,' ginny replied defensilvely. 'Anyway, if you are out here for flying why, please tell me, aren't you actually doing that?' she said cheerfully but curiosly now.

"I flewfor hours and decided to rest...when I noticed Amy and we started to talk", Ivy shrugged," I think I want to fly agian." Ivy said thoughtfully. Ivy motioned to Ginny that she was going to take a ride, " Amy, Ginny you guys can come join me you, know, maybe we can try practicing some strategy ans skills."Ivy suggested." Maybe I'll make the Ravenclaw Seeker", Ivy reached for her broom and continued "I really hope I do". Ivy climbed her broom in one smooth movement and kincked off into the night sky.

'sure,' ginny said. she wasn't in the mood for talking anymore. while she swung her leg over her broom and zoomed off towards the hoops for a short warm up, her memories of her dreams were dead as she felt the wind against her hair.

Ivy zoomed around the the pitch, circling it like a hawk. She did some dives and flips, wanting to get use to that weighlessness. She grinned as the wind rushed in her face making her robes and hair fly all around her. She sharply dove to the ground, went to the torage room to get the snitch , quaffles and the bulgers. Ivy returned and relesaed the snitch. She didn't want to realese any of the bludgers or quaffles unless anyone else wanted to practice with her. She quicky mounted on her broom and bounded after the snitch, determined to catch it.

Ginny saw Ivy grab a snitch. 'Do you really think that's a good idea?' she whispered loudly,just enough so they could here.

Ivy was to focused on the snitch to pay attention to anything else. When she heard Ginny ask her about the snitch, she shrugged, eyes still on snitch. "It's not liek I will lose it, know one will find out and the moon is providing enough light." Ivy replied. She bounded after the snitch as they did that little dance of theirs. The snitch stopped right in front of her as if teasing her and she grabed it in the blink of an eye. Ivy dove towards the ground, holding the snitch firmly and landed beside Amy, who was still watching them. "I just wanted to practice, do you think its a bad idea?" Ivy asked honestly unsure.

'OK, i'll think i'll just practise my flying. it's too dangerous to practise in my mind,' ginyn commented before flying towards the hoop pole. she kept flying towards it before jumping off her broom at the last minute and jumping over the pole, landing back on her broom smothely. she punched the air, glad that she could still do it almost perfectly. she flew towards the pole agin but this time dived straight down and curved up again racing towards the other pole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back