Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie Masters

OOC First Name
Zach
Wand
Willow Wand 14" Unicorn Tail Hair
So, hey.

Would it be possible for a small amount of people to be given the chance to transfer into HNZ during the break between Semesters? Like at the penalty of having to catch up on their first term classes or just getting A's for them. It seems like something that would be feasible in the HP world as a whole, possible anyway. Just something to think about.

~ Zach

Hey Zach,

Of all the application types I love transfer applications are pretty much bottom of the list.
Why?
They're frustrating to process, and every time I deny one I can't help but feel like I've destroyed a character.

That aside, I don't think this would be a great idea because of the number of newer members we have on the site by that point and the fact that applications to transfer by brand new members are almost always denied because they should be sorted with their first character to get used to the site. That works well when sorting is open too. But if it's not open alongside transfers? Chaos. xD If not chaos, at the very least a crushing blow to a new member that when they'd hoped to get in that month, they'll have to wait another two to apply to be sorted. Frustrating, to be sure. I don't think I would wait around that long. (Why do you think I created Kingy? I wanted a student, but thought I'd just missed sorting (sort was actually closing that night - silly me) and wasn't willing to wait around.)

However, mid year transfers do make sense in character. In the future, I will look in to adding an option on the transfer form (that is filled out when sorting is open) that lets users choose when their character transfers in (start of semester one, or start of semester two).

Does that sound agreeable enough? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back