Meetings of Outstanding Proportions and Lies

Professor Kalif Styx

transfig 5-7 † patriarch

OOC First Name
Ghost
The Undercover professor made his way down Bleak Street. No classes were in session today, and he was pleased with this. After all, his father wanted a meeting with him. Kalif assumed it was something important or else Asparuh would not travel to New Zealand. The seasons were backward in Bulgaria, and it is Autumn there, where as it is Spring here. Kalif entered the darkest part of the alley, and he waited patiently. If they did not just have their looks in common, then they both had their patience rather short. Even if it was with someone so powerful as Asparuh, Kalif still preferred not to be kept waiting for too long. Kalif flicked out his wand, and narrowed his coal colored eyes in case someone would listen in.

Asparuh exited the shadows that concealed his tall form, and he stared over at his oldest son. The only one that did not have to bow before him, and for a good reason as well. Asparuh had not been waiting for a very long time, but he had news to discuss, something that would turn into Kalif's favor, and possibly help himself with issues that Asparuh should not handle unless death was involved. Asparuh coldly said, "Kalif, we have much to talk over, about an opportunity for yourself and I. Something you will be highly interested in." Asparuh wasted no time in getting to the point, "I am creating a new position in the Zhefarovich family. It has not been done since Ivaylo's ruling, but it must be done. You are my choice to host the position of the Patriarch once I pass. However, to ensure you are there, you are to be Head. All members will answer to you, and then you will answer to me." Asparuh did not look like he was in a negotiating mood. Kalif would take this opportunity, or else.

Kalif listened to his father, and he smirked slightly at his words. He would rule the family, for the reasons that were infinite. However, what else was coming was a little astonishing. The Head, right below the Patriarch. It held honor, and others of the family would answer to him, and bow, whereas others would kneel before Asparuh, to differentiate the difference between the two. Kalif had no other choice in mind but to accept, "Of course, I would accept this honor and position. I assume it is because of the family growing and all their issues is upon your shoulders." Kalif knew firsthand how bad Asparuh's anger could get. Half the family could be wiped out if Asparuh continued this burden for too much longer. Kalif folded his arms across his chest, a mirror to his father's posture.

Alexander grumbled as he made his down Bleak Street. He shouldn't even be here, this was a place where only the darkest of heart lurk...and Niccy. Which was why he was here in the first place. That darned woman cheated him out of some important files and he needed them back, too bad this woman was pretty much the master of hiding and not being found. 'When I find her I'm gonna ring her neck...' He thought to himself bitterly as he turned into what seemed to be a dark ally. She might have been his girlfriend, but in all honestly he didn't really care for her that much. She was pretty and she was purevblood, and that was about all there was too it. Other than that she drove him up a wall, especially with her always sneaking around, it almost gave him the impression that he had a secret to hide.

Turning further into the ally he froze when he saw two men. They seemed to be deeply conversing about something. 'Maybe they've seen her...' Alexander cleared his throat he hoped to catch their attention and maybe get his question answered. "Hey....have either of you two seen a girl named Nicolette around here..she's seemed to disappear on me again." He stared at the two men deeply, feeling nervous and creeped out by just being in their presence, even to the point where he almost felt like she should just turn around and leave while he still could.

Asparuh grew pleased and relieved with his son's choice. The new Head of the Zhefarovich family. Everyone had to be notified. And Asparuh would order Arnost to do such a deed. Asparuh heard someone made a noise to acknowledge his interest. His head turned and he stared down at the man before him. Arms still crossed, Asparuh intoned icily, "And you dare to interrupt to people to find a girl. If she disappeared on you, then it is none of our concern, it is yours." Asparuh continued to stare down at him. "Nicolette...Hensel, is that the girl you speak of? If so, I assumed she would only associate herself with the 'pure' crowd." Or Death Eaters, like my son and I. Asparuh dared not to say anything more about his crowd. After all, it is rare someone survives when he or she sparks Asparuh's temper.

Kalif glanced over about the same time Asparuh did, and stared at the man before them. Kalif did not hide his mark today, for he was going to be out of the school grounds the majority of it - why bother wasting magic on something useless? Kalif shook his head when Asparuh mentioned that name Nicolette Hensel. Kalif's body tensed with fury. That woman got on his every last nerves. How could someone so dense and act like they were high on happy pills be a Death Eater? Kalif just shrugged as an answer to the man's question. Why speak when someone else had already done so?

Alexander raised an eyebrow but managed to suppress a shudder at the coldness of the men that were standing before him. Surely bugging these two men was a poor choice of his, but since he already asked them he might as well get into more detail, especially when both of them seemed to in fact know who she was. Walking froward he made sure to keep his hand lingering near his pocket in case he needed his wand for anything, he didn't trust these two one bit. "Yeah, Nicolette Hensel is who I'm looking for. She's my girlfriend but the little rat managed to sneak off with some very important files that could be dangerous if gotten into the wrong hands." Alexander didn't exactly know how she managed to pull one over on him, but she did and now he was paying for letting his guard down, especially around a woman that never really made any sense to him in the first place.

Narrowing his eyes at taller man he snorted. "And for the record I am a pure blood, so there's no issue with her hanging around me." He said quickly, so many people had fallen for this lie. Niccy was included in this bunch. But then again, what did he care. These people meant nothing to him but completing his goals to gain revenge over his Fiancée's death so many years ago. "Now...have you seen her or not?" He asked calmly, about ready to leave if these two were not going to help him.

Asparuh's eyes narrowed slightly at the man, especially when he said that he was a pure-blood. Asparuh decided to use legilimency to find out if he was indeed a pure-blood, in which case Asparuh doubted. Asparuh delved into the young man's mind, knowing full well that he would not know that Asparuh had been in there unless he knew Occlumency. Meeting no blocks, Asparuh discovered the truth, and it infuriated him. Breaking the bond within the minds, Asparuh pulled out his wand and he murmured, "Lies. You are not pure-blood, but you descended from filth. Mudblood. And you lied to the one man you wish you never did." Asparuh aimed his wand at the man, and he said without much expression to his tone, but was ready to curse the man named Alex at any time, "Scum like you don't deserve to speak to real pure-bloods. Be gone." Asparuh released a powerful Banishing charm, and could only hope it hit. Asparuh glanced over at Kalif and he turned his attention back at Alex.

Kalif too aimed his wand at the man, his gloved fingers tightened around his wand when he heard that he was a muggle-born. Rather than sending out a spell, Kalif remained still. However, his common sense overpowered his Death Eater nature. He was a professor. The last thing he wanted was someone to rat him out. Kalif straightened his posture, and held his wand at his side. Kalif did not care that this was Nicolette's boyfriend, all he wanted was the man dead, for it was his duty to rid the word of maggots and those alike. Kalif hissed to Asparuh in his native tongue, "Father, watch it. We don't need my cover being blown over some pathetic worm." Kalif stared into Asparuh's cold eyes, so eerily like his own, before glancing over at the man, barely worth being called one just because of what his bloodline was.

Alexander barely missed the banishing charm that was cast at him and glared at the taller man with as much hatred in his eyes as he could possibly manage, although he knew it would never be able to measure up to the cold gazes coming from these men. "Okay you caught me, but what does it matter if I'm not pure. I'm sure as hell doing a good job as fooling some people about my blood purity." She grumbled as he pulled out his wand, there was something definitely up with these two men and he was going to get to the bottom of it, Raising his wand he glared at both of them. Two against one was definitely not going to help him much, he wasn't even sure if he could face off against one of them.

"I don't care who either of you are, if I have to I'll kill you both right here and now. Now answer the godamned question!' Alexander demanded answer this time, even though he was pretty sure this was going to get him either killed or hurt, he needed that information and he needed it now.

"Hold on a minute." Nicolette said loudly enough that she was sure she had caught at least Alex's attention. She was currently sitting on top of a building and letting her feet dangle over the side as she looked down at the scene. Nicolette had only arrived a moment ago so she didn't know why Alexander decided to be an idiot and argue with two Death Eaters, except for the fact that he thought they knew where the information she had stolen was. She held the thick gray file out with her hand and waved it around back and forth, as if she were teasing him "Looking for this?" she asked in a slightly irritated tone. Inside this folder was thousands and thousands of files on Death Eater's, and Niccy could honestly say she wasn't thrilled. "Really now, are you that idiotic that you have to go off and piss of some people that could severely harm you...I'm must say I'm disappointed in you sweetheart." She snickered, as she placed the file back onto her lap.

Alexander lowered his wand and whipped his gaze in the direction of a familiar voice. Growing underneath his breath he knew that this was going to mean trouble, especially with that tone of hers. "Nicolette, I don't know how you managed to drug me and steal those files...but I need them back" She said angrily, hoping that she'd get the idea and just give him the folder back, yet somehow he knew it wouldn't end up that way. Chances are she was going to so something to make him angry again. They fought often, and many of his things ended in ruin...but hopefully she would listen to him for once.

"That contains all my information on the Death Eater's! It's all the proof I have about the terrible things they have done to people!" He hissed and held out his hand, hoping that it add to the bit he just added on.

Feeling Kalif's aura, it alone caused Asparuh to hold back. It was true. Kalif did need to stay undercover. Instead of killing the filth right there and now, he planned something. Somehow Asparuh wanted this man to die, and he would use Kalif to get his way. Asparuh glared at Alex, and he thought darkly, And dirtying our name. Let's see how long you have left on your death clock. I might change it just a bit... Asparuh glanced up to see the very woman Alex was looking for. Asparuh smirked slightly when he heard what the information or file was about. No doubt his name would be in there. And his son and brother as well. Without much thought, he apparated from the ground, leaving Kalif to deal with Alex, and reappeared behind Nicolette. "It would be best to destroy those files, Hensel." Asparuh stared down over the two, knowing full well that his son would come out the victor if Kalif and Alex were to duel.

Kalif could not believe that the maggot was still talking to them. Kalif clinched his wand when he heard that voice. His eyes went to the rooftops, where Asparuh was now standing and Nicolette. Kalif could have sworn she was acting somewhat evil... Kalif stared at her in bewilderment for a moment, before turning his attention back to Alex. Kalif's expression hardened once more, as he went back into his armed position, but looked as though he was not about to strike at all. His body was tense, his arms still at his side.

Nicolette blinked in surprise when Asparuh apparated next to her but managed to keep a good composure as she stared down at Alex. For starters she never really like him, and now he was just acting like an idiot, he wasn't getting his folder back. There were too many people in there that she cared about, and it wasn't fair to them. "You want this back? Too bad!" Nicolette pushed herself up to a standing position before she held out the folder for Asparuh to take, she wasn't going to let him have it back but at the same time she didn't have the heart to destroy it right in front of him like she really wanted. She didn't want to get attached but it seems like she already had somewhat.

"Maybe next time you won't suggest that I'm incapable of doing something, next time you just might end up dead or something." Nicolette grinned, but let her eyes gaze at him strongly. She was fully serious about this, he had doubted her and he was paying for it now. "Anyways, I'm going home, Cecily will get worried when she sees I'm gone, if your gonna kill me in my sleep I'm the second door on the left." Nicolette knew all to well that he wouldn't try to kill her, she had already whipped his butt once, she bet he knew that she could do it again. "Bye Kalif!" She smiled at waved at him before she apparated off, she trusted Asparuh to take care of the folder.

Alexander growled when Nicolette gave the folder to the taller of the two men he encountered instead of him. All his father's research and all his research was going to go down the drain because of some pure blood snot getting conscious at the strangest times. When the apparated off, Alexander hit the wall next to him angrily before he looked at the man that Nicolette had said goodbye too. 'That's him?' This was the guy that Niccy was always going on about, which really pissed Alexander off. He didn't look special at all, he looked like a creep who went of killing girls' like her. Alex held his wand close to him just in case the other man decided to throw any spells.

"I'm gonna kill her after this. Do you know her?!" Alex's voice demanded an answer to the man in the ally with him, although he sort of doubted that he would get an answer from him. Somehow Nicolette knew these men and he wanted to know how and why. "Because she seems to know you.." Alex added on trying to make more sense more to himself then to anyone else. These people seemed important to Nicolette and he wanted to know exactly who they were, he didn't trust them. His hand was beginning to get sweaty from gripping his his wand so tightly, bit he didn't dare budge.

Asparuh glanced down at the folder, and he opened it and started to go through it. Hmm, there is a lot of information here dating back to the beginning of the Dark Lord's rising... Since when I joined the Death Eaters. Asparuh was a little shocked at how much information has been collected. He flipped through it quickly, before shutting it, and taking both hands to the sides of the folder and ripped it in half. He continued to do so until the files were in fourths. Setting them upon the ground, Asparuh used a simple spell to set them on fire. Asparuh apparated to the bottom of the alley once more, and stood by his son. Glanced up at the smoke from the papers as they were destroyed. Asparuh murmured, "This should be interesting..." Asparuh gazed over at Alex, before leaning against the wall to observe.

Kalif rolled his eyes and shook his head when she said goodbye to him. He also wondered if that file had his former name in it. Before he changed it to Styx. Kalif took no mind to it, because more than likely his father would be taking care of the matters. Kalif locked his gaze on Alex and he answered honestly, "Of course I know her. She is friends with my brother's girlfriend, and I happen to cause her some unfortunate...troubles so to speak." Kalif had knocked her out of a tree when she was spying on Prodan and Cecily. Kalif inquired, "Why do you ask, anyhow?"

So he did know her, but it seemed like her held no attachment to her other than the fact that they knew each other through a family or friend. Alexander relaxed a little knowing he wouldn't have to worry about losing her to this guy. Crossing his arms over his chest he made sure not to let his glare falter as he stared over at the two men, Nicolette had long since left and he was somewhat egging to get himself home and off to finding out what her problem was and why she stole his information.

"You do know that she is considered a criminal right? Not only has she stolen more information than the ministry can keep up with, but she is also a suspected Death Eater." Alexander had known for quite sometime that she was involved in some sort of trouble, it was not only all over her record but has be following her around for quite some time. "I suppose I probably should've handed her in a long time ago, but she hasn't quite been very useful to me yet." He shrugged his shoulders as he stared up the smoke that was continuing to rise from his burning information. Sixty years worth of information was all gone within hours, he didn't how he was ever going to be able to make all this up again, especially to his father and to all those who had their lives destroyed by the Death Eater's. "Not that I'd expect a bunch of inbred Pure blood's to understand my reasoning." He snarled, those two knew he was muggle born so he might as well not try to hide in from them anymore.

Asparuh ignored most of what Alex had said. Using women nowadays was not too uncommon, thus Asparuh just did not care. However, that last part hit Asparuh's nerve. Asparuh did not bother wasting his time on shooting a killing curse. Instead, his wand was put away, and Asparuh disapparated from the wall and instead apparated to be in front of Alexander Moon. All instincts of this man telling him to run a long time ago would have done him more good than anything. Asparuh towered over the man, and he clinched the mudblood by the throat and lifted him high into the air. His grip resembled that of iron, and his goal was simple: Don't let the mudblood filth breathe.

Asparuh murmured, "You insult something you lie to everyone about. Say something like that to me and normally, you will end up dead. No, don't expect me to understand moronic reasonings. Driven by revenge and your death will not be long. I doubt you will live to see as much as I, in fact, I doubt you will survive long enough to the new year." Asparuh stared at the man in the eyes, wondering why he had so much hatred for the Death Eaters. Yet, Asparuh could care less. If Alexander could not breathe at this moment, not much longer and he would suffocate. If it was one thing no one should ever do when Asparuh was around, it was infuriate him. "I will give you one more warning. Leave. Or else I will make sure the worms in the ground have a feast upon your body."

No matter how much Nicolette wanted to just leave Alexander there, she remembered that she had to take him home as he didn't know this place as well as she did. So without another thought she apparated back to the ally where he was last seen. However once she arrived there and stepped a few feet forward she squeaked in surprise when she saw Asparuh holding Alexander by the throat. "Whoa. Hey....do you think you could maybe put him down? I kinda need to take him home." Nicolette smiled at the end before she gave a worried look to Alexander, she didn't know personally but she could bet that Asparuh's grip was extremely tight. Asparuh had told him to leave, so luckily this time he was going to get out of it. Once Alex was released she shook her head and on her hips. "Should've quit while you were ahead, moron." She muttered as she eyed the other two in the ally wearily.

The grip that the man had was tight enough to kill a person within seconds if he probably chose to. It almost felt inhuman to him, who were these people? Secretly thanking the gods when he was released and not strangled to death her somewhat wondered why the man didn't kill him him straight away, was there something holding him back or did he just feel like it wasn't worth it? Wrapping a hand around his throat he knew there would be damages that he would need checked out, it felt like it almost had been crushed. When Alexander heard Niccy lecture him he clenched his fist and brought his head up to glare at her. He would honor that mans demands simply to save his life, he would leave them alone. But Nicolette wasn't going t get off on such an easy note.

"This...IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!" He pushed himself to a standing position and pulled his wand out before whipped out his wand. Despite his throat being damage his yell still came out pretty well. He didn't care if two other me were there, or that Nicolette was supposed to be his girlfriend. She had destroyed his life when she stole that information. "I'm gonna kill you.." He warned, knowing full well that she would probably not think he's serious. Grabbing the collar of her shirt he held her in place because he knew she could easily get out of this if she wanted to, slowly he brought up his wand and aimed it at her. Fully intended to hit her.

Seeing his father released the scum, Kalif felt no need for them to stick around. As he turned his back, he heard a squeak and glanced back to see Nicolette. Kalif rolled his eyes, and paused before leaving. However, when the scene appeared before him of Alexander about to kill Nicolette or harm her, Kalif swiftly aimed his wand at the mudblood and sent out a Stupefy. The spell went by Asparuh and straight for the man. Kalif stated coolly, "I have seen enough foolishness in one day. I may not work in the Ministry but I am a professor at the school. For threatening Nicolette, I ought to take you under the authorities wing, and be at peace. It doesn't matter if she is a suspected Death Eater or not, for she is innocent until proven guilty, and you are no auror." Kalif was tired of this drama, and just wanted to retreat back to his office and grade essays or something. He approached Alexander, wand still at aim and ready. Kalif's bleak eyes were deadly and serious, cold abysses.

When Alexander was hit by Kalif's stupefy spell managed to hit him and force him to release Nicolette. Her gave her a quick but deadly look before he turned to Kalif, fully prepared to fight if he had to. "This is between me and her!" Alex snarled in an irritated tone as he pointed at Niccy. There seemed to be more of a history between them than they seemed to let on, and nor only did it worry Alex. But it made his heart burn with anger, he felt...jealous for some odd reason. 'Jealous of him?!'. But for some reason all the anger he felt towards Niccy was suddenly directed at him.

"Unless you want to take her place..." Raising his wand, Alexander offered with a cocky smirk before he snorted and turned away from Kalif.

Nicolette flinched when she thought Alex was going to harm her. But his attack was never carried out when he was stopped by Kalif. 'Did he just...protect me?' Nicolette was curious why he would even bother to help her but decided not to question it and immediately back up when she was released by Alex. On top of that he also threatened to hand him in, but Alex of course was going to be stubborn. Not wanting to see a fight break out between them and possibly seeing one of them get hurt she brought her hand quickly up to Alex's neck and hit one of the vital pressure points.

"I'm sorry..." She apologized softly before she watched him lose consciousness and collapse onto the ground. Being a healer long ago gave her the advantage of knowing where many vital points in the body were. After a moment she sighed and rubbed her head before she bent down and wrapped his arm around his shoulder, and helped to lift him up so that he was propped against her. "So sorry about him, he's an idiot sometimes." Usual he was pretty kind to her though, and on top of that he had told her he was a pure blood. So in the end things seemed to work out for her. "Thanks for sort of saving me Kalif, it was almost sweet of you." She giggled, he always seemed to cheer her up by just being around for some odd reason. In fact she had nearly forgotten that Asparuh was in the ally as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back