meeting the family

Pearl Firn

OOC First Name
Sammy
Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand 16" Essence of Dragon's Whisker
Pearl was extremely excited today she was going back to Canada to see her son and so Remus could meet her family. Remus would be joining them later on so she would have a bit of time alone with them. She missed her son so much it hurt, what if hes forgotten me? she asked herself worriedly. She sighed and finished packing her things before apprating to her parents farm in Jasper. She opened her eyes and took a deep breath before looking around at the winter wonderland she stood in. Her heart filled with joy at being back at her home. She promised her self she would go to the barn as soon as she could to see the animals. But she had more important things to do first. Pearl started running for the house with a huge smile on her face before bursting in, "Guess who's home!" she called out brushing the snow off her coat.
The map of the house:

House ( except imagine its winter >.< ):
Bacon20Farm20House20Built20in201906.jpg

Barn:
barn.jpg

Kitchen:
kitchen_dining_room.jpg

Bathroom:
Bathroom-Remodel2.jpg

living room:
animeschool012.jpg

pearl's room: (she never got around to redecorating it after hogwarts! XD)
hello-kitty-hotel-bedroom.jpg

Megumi had been up in his room making his christmas cards for him family. He smiled as he finished his for mommy, it was him and her holding hands playing in the pasture with the cows. Just as he had signed love Megumi he heard someone call out. MOMMY! he thought happily running out of his room and into the living room to find Mommy there sitting on the couch with grandma and grandpa. "MOMMY!" he yleed out as he ran up too her jumped on her lap and hugged her, "I missed you mommy! I love you!" he said smiling at Pearl. His hair was going from his natural brown to a greeny blue with how excited he was. Pearl laughed and messed up his hair, "I missed you too sweetie, and I love you more then anything" she said in an adoring voice hugging her son back.

Dustin had been in his office looking over the bills and taxes for the farm, why is everything getting so pricy? he thought shaking his head. Just then he heard his daughters voice and dashed down to the living room to see her there already hugging Hope. Dustin walked over and scooped up his daughter in a tight bear hug, "welcome home" he said smiling at her and letting her go. They went over and sat down on the couches and were soon joined by Megumi. Dustin tried not to flintch when Megumi's hair started changing color you think after 40 odd years Id be used to magic.... he thought. Hope saw his movment and gave him a reasuring smile. Dustin calmed down looking at his beautiful wife, everything was worth it for her. "So you said you had a surprise Pearl? What is it?" he asked looking at her.

Pearl had been catching up quietly with her son when her fathers question met her ears. She smiled at him, "You'll see" she said giving him a devilish grin. She had kept her ring off her finger and in her pocket waiting for the right moment to tell her parents, she knew they wouldn't take it well, but she had to tell them.

Remus apparated from St Mugos straight down. He was wearing his casual school garments, the heavy black robes as he came to look at the House. He cringed at the feel of a non-magic environment and paced toward the House. He stepped onto where the front door was and tapped gently as he looked around the area, "Blasted winter." he cussed to himself as he brushed some snow off his dark, black robes. He looked in the window for a moment and he was clearly nervous. He could see a young little lad in the room, accompanied by two older people and His wife. He brushed his hair off to the sides so that it sat more neatly and briefly sneezed, holding it back. He tapped once more on the door in-case they had not heard the first time 'Mum, Dad, this is Remus my wizard husband who blew his brains out.' he groaned mentally to himself referring to something stupid that Pearl would never say, yet it was something to do with his nerves. He awaited the door to open as he looked at the handle of the door and awaited the turning motion to begin.

Pearl smiled as someone knocked on the door, "I'll get it" she said before putting Megumi down on the couch and going to answer the door. Thank god there was a room separating the living room and the boot room so she could explain a few things to Remus. She opened the door and smiled at her future husband her blue eyes scanning him up and down. "You grew your hair?" she asked raising an eyebrow before pulling him in the house out of the cold. "theres a few things you should know before you meet my family," she said in a hushed voice, "my father is a muggle and my moms a muggle born, dad really isnt into the whole magic thing but he puts up with it, so try not to whip your wand out too much, please" Pearl said. "and my son, well he may be kinda scared of you at first but I'm sure he'll warm up to you, oh and hes a metamorphmagus so if he grows taller or changes color or something down worry" she added. Pearl intertwined her hand with his and took a deep breath, "you ready?" she asked.

Remus' eyes opened very wide when she began to explain everything, "My hair... Well grows..." he grouched at her in a joking tone, and took her hand as she did his. He looked at her and stayed paused for a minute when she asked if he was ready, "Ready as I'll ever be i presume?" he chuckled low, so that no one could hear in the other room. He peaked slowly around the corner and then concealed his head again. He looked up at the roof, "Merlin help me." he groaned as he looked back at her, "I'll try not to whip my wand out, But if i do... Remember i did state i would 'try'" he said emphasizing on the 'try'. He took a brief step forward, his pointed leather shoes clacking gently as he did on the floor boards, "Well, Lets do this." he nodded to his side at her.

"Just try not to you know, point it at him if you do pull out your wand, he'll reach for the gun" she said with a slight nervous laugh. Pearl began walking keeping his hand firmly in hers and brought him into the living room. She looked from the confused looks on her parents face's to her son shrinking into the couch his hair turning a deep purple. The scared look on his face broke her heart, "Mom Dad, Megumi, this is Remus, hes, well were going going to get married" she said in a nervous voice before turning her face down to her shoes. She couldn't see the dirty looks Remus was getting from her father and her mother just sat there with a slightly shocked look on her face. Megumi was still looking at the man before him with wide eyes.

(( hopes turn! :p ))

Hope was so happy to have her daughter home for christmas just then she heard a knock on the door, she gave her daughter a confused look while she went to go answer the door. She heard some talking from the other room before Pearl came back in, holding some mans hand. She proceded to tell them that this man was going to marry her! Pearl sat there wide eyed before looking over to her terrified grandson, she stood up and scooped up the little boy in her arms before giving them all a we'll talk about this later look before going up stairs with Megumi.

Remus glared around the room for a moment as he noticed the looks that Pearls father was giving him, he growled beneath his breath at the man. He looked at the boy who was now cowering away from him, then scooped up by what appeared to be Pearls mother. He groaned as he noticed the tension in the room. "I'm Remus Drafis Firn.... It's a ..." he paused and forced the word out, "Pleasure to meet you all." he nodded to them as it was clear that they did not feel the same way nor did they even want to say anything by the looks of it, they appeared to be quite happy to look at him and pull very strange faces at him, 'Well this i going well.' he said mentally to himself as he looked at a chair. Her father was against magic, recalled Remus as he waved his hand and a chair transfigured itself into a lion. He chuckled slightly to himself as it approached the man though he quickly changed it back to its true form, it was great not needing a wand to cast magic.

Pearl looked up and noticed her father giving Remus some dirty looks, "dad, theres no need for that, I assure you, I wont make the same mistakes ive made before" Pearl said giving her dad a cold look. Pearl glared at Remus as he turned one of the chairs into a lion, "now that was just uncalled for" she snaped looking at her father who looked like he was about to have a heart attack. She punched Remus lightly in the side, "why dont we go outside and give everyone in here a chance to settle down" she said walking into the kitchen and out the back door hoping Remus would follow her. She leaned her back against the house and sighed watching her breath in the air, Pearl loved winter, it was so... magical.

Remus chuckled when he saw the expression of the man and felt the punch in his side. He glared at the man as Pearl began walking outside but waited a moment, moving toward the old man in the chair and handed him a small vial, "That is a potion, i assure you it will not do you any harm... For you and Mrs Kanti." he said removing a small box full of several vials on end. He placed it to the table and the top of the box read : Draught of Peace, Felix Felicis.

Remus looked at the man before him, "Draught of Peace will calm you from anxiety or anything of the sort, as for the Felix Felicis, it will give you a large amount of Luck, there are several Draught of Peace vial in there... But only two vial for the Felix Felicis, A Gift from me to you, despite how much you hate me off first glance." he smiled to Pearls father ; Despite not telling the man in large quantities it would be toxic there was engravings on the inside of the lid that said the recommended amount per day without intoxication. Remus moved away and headed out to stand with Pearl, "That went grand..."

Pearl leaned her head against Remus's arm, "It went better then i expected" Pearl admitted. "I expected bullets and spells and furniture to be flying everywhere" she added. Pearl looked around at her family's farm, she had loved growing up here, she mostly loved taking care of the animals. Pearl laughed a little as she remembered she used to want to be a vet... She looked up at Remus and smiled, he looked so handsome with long hair, "I like your new look, it makes you look so handsome" she said leaning up to kiss his cheek. Pearl took her ring out of her pocket and placed it on her ring finger again, "no sense in hiding it anymore"

Remus smiled to her with the compliments and how she spoke about how it was better then she thought it may go. "You're father is a good man, i respect him, after what you've been through i don't blame him about being the way he is." he nodded to her as he felt the kiss on his cheek, "Plus, who would want to let a Daughter as beautiful as yourself go so easily?" he chuckled to her. He kissed her forehead gently as he looked over the farm, "Mmm, I could never get used to living in a place like this... But the view and the way the snow sits... Beautiful." he stated as he looked out into the distance and peeked inside, "Well im looking forward to how good dinner goes." he said sarcastically with a chuckle.

He looked up to the roof and then back out to the distance where he noticed off the side of his eye, Pearl placing her ring on. Remus had his on all along, it was nice just simple though not to mention his other ring, the Family Crest imprinted on it, it was an amazing ring really though it was terribly used in passed to brand Dark Wizard with the mark of the Firn's so they knew to fear them for life.

Pearl felt butterfly's in her stomach as Remus kissed her forehead. She smiled when he said it was beautiful here, "Its nicer in summer, you can go on midnight horseback rides up the mountian and look at the stars," she said looking up at the cloudy gray sky. She laughed with him when he said he was looking forward to dinner. Her next question was completely random but she had been wondering it since yule ball, "Remus, when do you think we should get married?" she asked trying to make it sound casual.

Remus smiled and laughed with her on the Joking matters and nodded to the horse back rides on summer nights. He looked at her when she hit him with a question completely out of the blue, 'When do you think we should get married?' she said completely out of no where. He looked at the floor for a moment and then back at her, "Well really, it is up to you, not just myself not to mention the family." he smiled to her as he folded his arms into his chest and looked out into the distance; he was rather hungry despite the fact of that awkward entry he was looking forward to having some great Muggle food, he hadn't had any since he was young, well besides fruit and things of the sort.

Remus looked at the floor for a moment more, "Really, I'm not setting dates for anything, like you said last time i was rushing things." he chuckled to her, teasing in some ways. He looked around them and noticed some of the animals. He saw a horse begin to canter along on its own, whilst another younger and smaller horse tried to keep up. Remus smiled and looked to his side, "A While back you asked what house i was in... i lied, i said i was in Hufflepuff... I was in Slytherin." he nodded to her, "Sorry for not saying but people tend to really dislike people from the house, stereotyping them." He nodded to her for a moment before continuing, "Any how, i best think we talk to your parents and rest of the family." he nodded to Pearl.

"I don't want some big fancy wedding, just something simple, I'd even go for just us and a priest" Pearl said crossing her arms, it was starting to get cold out. She started shivering a little but she stood still when he said he was actually in Slytherin.... just like HIM she thought. Why do I always go for the Slytherin boys? she thought shaking her head. "Slytherin really.... you don't seem like the type" she mumbled. Pearl shook hear head when he said they should talk to her parents, "about what?" she asked slightly confused.

Remus looked to his side, "Small is good, i hate people." he said narrowing his Eyes and looking into the distance some more. He noticed her shivering and then the sudden stop at the mention of Slytherin, he merely looked away as if he had not picked it up. "Dont seem like the type, Ha!" he chuckled to her, "You've never seen me take a class." he chuckled with a slight grin in his face. "About what... You don't want to talk to your parents?" he asked looking at her, "I'm sure they can be more accepting then they are in current?" he questioned after the other, almost instantly. He browsed the house for a moment and looked to the windows, it was well kept and clean, he liked that.

Remus looked over to Pearl after he had looked the house up and down, "Plus... I'm Starving." he added almost two minutes later, mind you it was with a chuckle. He looked at a droplet of water that landed on his shoulder from some melted ice on the roofs gutter. He brushed it off gently and watched as the droplet hit the ground with a brief 'plonk' like sound. He looked back at Pearl after following the Water droplet with his eyes. "So, When did you consider the date for the wedding?" he questioned looking at her, His dark brown almost black eyes looking into her bright Blue ones.

"Well they'll come around, I just don't want to have to deal with the 'are you sure this is a good idea's or 'you just got over that bastard edward how can you just throw your self into the arms of the rebound' and then theres always 'what about the kids'" She said hanging her head. Pearl really did feel bad about this, she was being selfish, she knew this would be bad for her son. "I'm being extremely selfish when it comes to the kids" she whispered.

Pearl smiled at Remus when he said he was hungry, "well its a good thing my moms cooking and not me, I couldn't cook to save my life" she said shaking her head. She looked up again to meet Remus's brown eyes, they were so deep, almost like they never ended. "Well, I was thinking some time this summer break, what were you thinking?" she asked.

Remus shook his head, "You're not being selfish, You are doing something for you for once, this is not selfish as before hand you became selfless to make your children happy, its Okay to have something that you wish for to happen." he nodded to her and then as she mentioned her cooking being bad, He chuckled, "Indeed it is lucky your mother is cooking." he teased with a smile and looked into the Window at the family yet again. "I don't Plan weddings." he chuckled to her, before continuing, "I just take them as they come, planning stuff is always awkward and time consuming." he chuckled at her clearly Sarcastically, "No... Maybe the summer... Yeah good idea." he nodded to her in confirmation.

Pearl nodded at his words, I still hurts when i see his little face go into terror at the sight of you, he thinks you like Edward she thought. Pearl pushed him a little when he teased her, "Well I guess I should learn if I'm ever gunna move out of here" she said more to herself then anyone. Pearl just rolled her eyes at his sarcasm, "were getting married in 7-8 months" she said with a small smile, "are you nervous?" she asked with a playful grin.

Remus chuckled at her when she asked if he was nervous, "Pea-Lease." he said with a long and deep chuckle. He looked at her, "No not the slightest to be quite honest." he nodded to her; he was rather certain of himself when he made quick decisions that involved his life, marriage was counted as one. He looked at her for a moment, "I truly think the longer we stay out here and avoid your family, the worse the look on me from them will be in future." he nodded to Pearl. He stepped to the door, and headed back inside despite what she had to say. He moved over to her Father, taking a seat besides him as if they were good friends.

He looked at the man by his side for a moment, sussing him out, "Happy with the Potions?" he said abruptly looking at the man; being nice was no good with this guy, he clearly has made his assumption of Remus the second he walked in the door, that would change soon enough... Hopefully. Remus patted the back of the mans chair once, "You know... I'm nothing like this... Edward fellow." he stated in conclusion as if a response was not needed, "I understand why you need to worry for your daughter and i fully understand it... Know that she's safe with me..." he nodded to the man as he raised from the chair and headed over to a different seat so that he was opposite the father of his Fiance`.

Dustin was sitting at the table thinking over what has happened in the last hour. First, his daughter had come home for the first time since the start of school. Second, she had introduced them for the first time to the guy she was going to get married too, married.... so soon after the whole Edward thing? Third, the guy, Remus or what ever his name was had almost given him a heart attach by setting a loin on him! god my daughter has horrible taste in guys, where did we go wrong? he thought shaking his head. Just then Remus came in and sat down beside him. He just simply nodded his head when he asked if he was happy with the potions. Dustin had just handed them off to Hope right away, she had all her potions or what ever in some room where she kept all that in the her study. Dustin narrowed his eyes at Remus when he started talking about how he wasn't like his daughters last husband, "You had better be telling the truth" Dustin replied I'm such an idiot. Dustin was a strong man, from all the years of working, but he knew he was no match for a wand and thats what made him hate magic, he was always being protected by his family, and he couldn't do anything in return. "Wheres Pearl?"

Pearl smiled at Remus when he said he wasn't nervous well thats good, no cold feet on the wedding day I hope. She sighed and nodded when Remus said if they avoided the family any longer it would make things worse. He had a point, well that and she could no longer feel her fingers or toes. Pearl decided she would go check on the animals before going inside. Once she was done she walked back to the house to see Remus and her father sitting across from each other and her dad asking where she was, "Right here, just went to go check on the animals" she said with a smile. Pearl sat down next to Remus and looked over to her dad. He just sat there looking at the two of them.

Remus looked over to the entering Pearl, and smiled widely. He looked at the man before him, "Well, Where are the others?" he questioned briefly; it was obvious though despite that he needed to know if Dustin was a man who spoke his mind or not, Would he tell Remus the truth that they are 'Avoiding the strange wizard man sitting in my lunge room.' or maybe he would say something comforting to make Remus feel more at bay, frankly it didn't matter. Remus looked around the house to notice it was quite nice, his quick skim through and out to the back didn't allow him a good look into things. He regained sight with the man before him. A women that is so much more used to magic then her husband and she leaves him alone with a stranger, strange really.

Remus looked over at Pearl, "So, Whats planned for dinner?" he questioned sounding as kind as possible, shifting glances between Pearl and her father, mind you they looked nothing alike in Remus' opinion. Pearl looked more like her mother in his opinion, the hair color the skin and even the face shape some what. Pearls mother quite frankly looked like a older Pearl, thats how much alike they looked in his opinion. Thing was Pearl was unique in so many ways compared to her Mother, to Remus any how.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back