Closed Meeting More In-Laws

Onyx giggled, shifting up and running his fingers lightly down Jamie's jaw. He leaned in, peppering kisses over Jamie's face. Whatever doubts he had, or insecurities he fought with, he always felt safest like this, here, wrapped in his love's arms. Onyx sighed softly, running his nose gently over Jamie's skin. "And you'll always be my puppy," he giggled. He was just running his fingers down Jamie's chest when he heard a knock on the front door.

Onyx looked up, his brow furrowing. "Hang on, I'll go look." He leaned down, stealing another kiss before getting out of bed. He slipped on some pajama bottoms as he walked out to the door. He decided on a whim to peek through the peep hole first to see who it was, and his heart dropped to his toes as he saw the woman on the other side of the door. Turning on his heel, he bolted back to the bedroom, knocking into the doorway. "Jamie," he squeaked, eyes wide. "Grandmother is here. Do I let her in?"

Jamie frowned a little when he heard a knock at the door, they hadn't expected to be home yet, so who would come round. Before Jamie could offer, Onyx had gone to look. Jamie moved to sit up a little better and then watched as Onyx came back. "Oh," he said, he got up and got some trousers on and then went to the door. He grabbed a shirt and put it on. "I'm gonna open the door, but I'm not letting her come in," he told Onyx, if he wanted to be behind him he could be but Jamie wouldn't tell him what to do. He gave his fiancee a small kiss before he opened the door and stared at her. "Madam, this is a surprise, what can I do for you?" he said politely, not opening the door enough for her to see much inside and holding the door to prevent her from just walking in.

Onyx's heart was racing, and he was distracted to the point that he almost didn't kiss Jamie back. Almost. He fell in behind the other man, clutching the back of Jamie's shirt and peeking out at his grandmother from behind his lover.

She smiled softly and held out a large covered pot. "Chalcedony was rather upset that the two of you didn't get any dinner, so he sent some over." She explained, holding out the pot. Onyx peeked up at Jamie, but the woman continued speaking. "I also wanted... to apologize." Onyx's eyes shot back to his grandmother, surprised to see the woman looked contrite. "I was being protective of my little kitten, and I didn't stop to think if I would upset him. You. Either of you." She met Onyx's gaze and smiled softly as he ducked back behind Jamie. Onyx rested his cheek on Jamie's back, effectively hidden but still listening to his grandmother.

Ruby smiled softly, turning her gaze to meet Jamie's instead. "There are very few people in this world that will stand up to me, Mr. Derouin. You and my brother appear to be the same sort of man." She gave him an almost bashful smile. "Chal made a point of reminding me that good intentions don't excuse horrid behavior." She brushed her hair back. "I'd like to offer my apologies, again, and my blessings. In fact, if the two of you would let me, I would like to pay for the wedding." Her smile grew wider and she offered a hand out to Jamie. "I can't think of anyone that could take better care of our little kitten. I'm pleased that he found you."

Jamie looked at the woman, he could feel Onyx behind him. He wanted to reach back and hold him slightly, but given that he was holding the door and didn't want to let up he couldn't really. He looked to the pot that she held out and then back at her, they would have to send him a thank you and possibly invite him here instead. He continued to listen to her as she apologies for her words and then continued. He didn't know if it was worse or better that it had perhaps been a test...to check his dedication. This was certainly an odd family he was marrying into. "Madame, thank you for the apology and the blessing, but I...we do not need your money for the wedding," Jamie didn't particularly want to feel indebted to this woman. He took the pot of food she'd been holding out. He glanced towards Onyx behind him, "Baby, is there anything you'd like to say?" He wanted to give Onyx the opportunity to accept or reject the apology too if he wanted to, but if not, Jamie was not keen to keep the conversation going.

Onyx's swallowed nervously as his grandmother continued speaking. He was used to her antics, but he worried what Jamie would think of them. He peeked out from behind Jamie, clutching at the back of the mans shirt a moment. He bit his lip, reaching to snatch the food before finally meeting his grandmothers gaze. "I swear, grandmother, say what you want to me, but if you're ever so much as cross with him and I swear to god I'm never talking to you again," he stuck his tongue out at her before turning and scampering back to the kitchen. Smelling the stew again had him starving and he was ready for some food. He set the pot on the counter and dished up two bowls, moving to the kitchen table and peeking back to see if Jamie was coming.

Jamie was a little surprised that Onyx actually said something but he was happy for it too. This wasn't something he should just let happen. Jamie gave a little satisfied smile as Onyx then went off to the kitchen with the food. "Madame, thank you for bringing the food and thank Mr Michaels for providing it for us. Hopefully the next time we meet it'll be on kinder ground," Jamie said and he wanted for her to reply or say before he would close the door and then go to his fiancee in the other room. It had all been a lot but he was glad at the very least that Onyx was feeling better and hopefully this woman wouldn't cause them more hassle, he would hate for a member of Onyx's family to continously make him so upset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back