Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
onyx <3
Wand
Knotted 12" Flexible Pear Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Jamie was nervous, he put on a shirt and done his hair as best he could, but still felt like he was both under and over dressed for this. He knew meeting people in Onyx's family would be fine, it would be doable and easy, they would be good and easy to meet but it didn't mean he didn't get nervous for it. The man had apparated alongside him and was faced with a dusty store front in New Zealand. He was immediately colder since here in New Zealand it wasn't quite the height of summer that it was in france. He squeezed his baby's hand and then looked at him. "Tell me again about him," Jamie asked in rapid french, trying to remind himself again of the man they were meeting. Jamie was usually calmer but he just wanted to make a good impression.

Onyx couldn't be happier. He hummed softly, taking more time than necessary to get ready because he had to stop every few minutes to admire his new ring. He had absolutely forgotten that he was going to get one until Jamie brought it up, but he had to admit he felt amazingly thrilled now that he had a ring on his hand that reminded him constantly that he was Jamie's.

He apparated to Chal's with Jamie by his side, smiling as the other man asked about Chal. He reached over, meaning to lace his fingers with Jamie's. "Chalcedony. He's grandmothers brother. He raised all of her children, and his flat has always been a safe haven for all of us. He's socially awkward, but his greenhouse and his plants are his life. He specializes in teas, everything he makes is his own special mix. He's most likely going to make you your own brand of tea,"

Onyx replied easily, leading Jamie inside. The store itself was obviously neglected; dusty, covered in books. Onyx walked to the back set of stairs and started up them. He smiled, turning to look up at his fiancee. "Are you ready?" He asked, tucking his ebony hair behind his ear.

Last edited:
Jamie nodded with interest as Onyx explained to him again a little about the man they would be meeting. he knew he would have to get parchments with all the different people's information so he could sit down and make sure he knew it all. He didn't have to really, he knew he could always rely on Onyx but he wanted to make that very active move to be interested in Onyx and his family. To actively learn and know easily who was who and who did what. Jamie followed Onyx inside and looked around the dusty store front, he followd him up the stairs and smiled when he turned to face him. He leaned in to his fiancee and kissed him quickly. "I am baby," he said.

Onyx giggled softly, kissing Jamie easily and running his fingers along the mans jaw. "I love you, mon chiot," he murmured, leaning into his fiancé for several long moments. He didn't want to move, content to snuggle Jamie all night, but uncle Chal was expecting them. Onyx sighed softly, pulling back and giving Jamie a fond smile.

Onyx turned, opening the door. "Uncle Chal? We're here," he called, leading Jamie inside.
It was a cozy place, with an open kitchen and sitting area, and the doors to the bedroom and bathroom along the back wall. It wasn't as cluttered as the shop below, but the shelves and the top of the television were full of odd Knick knacks. There were several hanging vine type plants along the ceiling, creating the illusion of a green and occasionally flowered ceiling. Vines crept down the walls a bit in places. The left wall was mostly a wall of Japanese Wisteria, it's purple blooms hanging through all the ceiling.

The most noticeable thing in Chal's apartment was a large, triple tiered, dark oak trimmed flower garden nestled in the greenery of the left wall. On the top, smallest tier were two elegant flowers. The first was an elegant, deep red rose with a dark ruby growing in it's center. The roots of that flower came up above the soil, twisting and curving until the roots merged into vines that fell over the edge and seemed to connect with the flowers below.

The flower behind it didn't have roots that poked up out of the soil. It stood alone, appearing to be a mix of both a daisy and a lily. In it's center was a misty blue gem, with petals that appeared to come out of it's center in darkening shades of blue. The stem was deep green.

The middle tier began with a pair of nearly identical roses- one dark blue, one deep black. The blue rose had a black ribbon tied around it's stem. Next to it was a pure white lily, with a matching ribbon. Between the three flowers and the two on the other end was a gaping hole in the dirt, as if the flower that had been there had been ripped from the soil, root and all. Past the hole was a light burgundy rose with a bright sunflower by it's side. All the flowers in the middle tier had the same roots that twined through the dirt and over the sides.

The bottom tier was the fullest, with seven roses of varying colors and gemstones in their centers. The gemstones seemed to grow with the flowers, natural in their beauty. Directly beneath the ribboned roses were an onyx and sapphire colored pair. Between them was a small, pure white bud. Around the stem of the sapphire rose was a white ribbon. There was a newly planted rose next to the onyx one, a baby blue bearded iris with a soft pink diamond in its center.

There was some space, and then three more roses- one amber, one jasper, and one amethyst. Onyx smiled brightly at the man at the back counter putting together a tea tray. He was tall, with a full head of faded ebony curls that fell recklessly into his eyes. The rich smell of stew wafted among the floral scents of the apartment. Onyx's mouth watered and he smiled brightly. "Uncle Chal, do you need any help?" he asked, walking over with Jamie before releasing the mans hand and opening his arms for a hug.

Chal was surprised when Onyx called him to announce he wanted to come over for dinner to introduce his new fiancé. When had that happened? Chal didn't even know Onyx was seeing anyone! He had agreed immediately, instantly curious who would have caught his nephews eye. He'd actually straightened his apartment, taking time to shower and throw on a clean blue shirt and darker jeans. He had already finished the stew, and moved it to set on the coffee table. Chal would shift it to a dining table once it was time to eat, but for now he wanted to make some tea.

He had already called around to inquire, wanting to know a few things on his own, and had heard a good deal about this Mr. Derouin from James, Sapphire, and Jordie. Chal was sure he had put together the perfect tea. He had just made a few cups when he heard a voice behind him. "Ah, Onyx," Chal turned, wiping his hands on his jeans and leaning down to hug the boy. "Your hair is growing out well, you must be pleased," he commented idly, straightening up after a moment and smiling at the frenchman next to Onyx. "You must the fiancé," Chal stated a little lamely, offering out a hand. He wasn't the best socially, but he thought it wasn't his worst opening line ever.

Jamie's gaze fell upon an older man and he smiled brightly at him. He wasn't sure what he'd been expecting from him and this place but it wasn't what he was greeted with. He was quite happy though to meet him, he felt that it was clear from the immediacy that Onyx and this man, Chal were close and Jamie was always happy that there were people he could be close to. When he was addressed by the man Jamie quickly took his hand and shook it lightly. "I am, sir. I'm Jamie Derouin," he said with a smile. Giving a quick smile to Onyx. "it's very nice to meet you,"

Onyx smiled softly, laughing at Chal's comment. "It is, I am, I love it," he ran a hand over his hair automatically. He slipped past Chal, grabbing the tea tray and moving over to the coffee table. "Dinner smells amazing, Uncle," he offered, setting the tray down. He hesitated, wanting to help and grow the table but he couldn't risk the inconsistency of his magic and his wand. He settled into the cushy lounge, smiling at Jamie and patting the spot beside him. He turned his eyes back to his uncle. "How are your gardens, uncle?" He smiled fondly at the older man.

Chal looked between the boys, shaking Jamie's hand before following after Onyx and settling gently into the armchair. With a flick of his hand the rest of the dishes moved to set themselves in front of them. "I'm glad you boys dropped by for dinner," he gave them each a small smile. "The gardens are well, thank you kitten," Chal told Onyx. "Everything has been very well behaved this week," he laughed lightly, before turning his eyes back to Jamie. "So, Jamie, yes?" He peeked at Onyx, relieved as the boy nodded. He returned his gaze to the frenchman. "Onyx tells me you play Quidditch?" He asked, offering a shy smile. "I was a keeper myself, back in the day. Ruby was the beater," he smiled fondly, remembering how feared she had been on the fields. For a tiny thing, she had always been fierce. And fearless. "What do you play?" He inquired, trying to be friendly.

Jamie nodded in agreement to what Onyx said it smelled nice. The man did actaully agree that it smelled nice but he didn't want to say anything. He wondered how big the gardens of this man was and then turned his attention solely back to Chal with an interested expression. "Oh that's really cool," he said, he thought it was pretty cool about him playing and Ruby too. "I'm a chaser sir, for the French team," he told him. "Only thing I'm good at, but thankfully, Onyx here has more than enough talent for the both of us,"[/b[ he put his arm around Onyx and held him close.

Jordie is certainly not hiding in some cupboard spying or anything... :oy:

Onyx smiled as Jamie sat with him. Onyx leaned forward, picking up the cup of tea that Uncle Chal made for him. He sat back, smiling softly and watching as Jamie and Chal talked. He was a little nervous about this, but not very. Chal's greenhouses were always the safest place to be. He slid off his boots and tucked his legs up beneath him, leaning back against Jamie as the Quidditch player laid his arm over him. He had just moved to sip his tea when Jamie spoke.

Onyx blushed deeply. He let out a nervous giggle. "Jamieee," Onyx whined and turned a bit, hiding his face in Jamie's neck a moment. "You're so good to me, mon chiot," he pressed a soft kiss to Jamie's neck before straightening up again and sipping the tea. It was perfect for him, as it ever was, a soft hint of spice under a gentle sweetness that calmed him. He could never quite tell what it was- lavender, rose, maybe honey.

He relaxed into Jamie's side, smiling softly at uncle Chal. Onyx wasn't sure what he had worried might happen. This was going to be fine. He leaned his head on Jamie's shoulder, smiling softly at his uncle. "Uncle Chal, after dinner, will you show us around the gardens?" He asked. "I think Jamie would like your gardens," he added, sipping his tea again.

Chal listened to Jamie, moving forward to fix the tea for the lot of them as Jamie spoke. Chal chuckled, both at the boys banter and Onyxs reaction. "You two seem happy," he commented, pleased as Onyx seemed to like his tea. He slid a cup over to Jamie. "Onyx speaks a lot of you. I'm not completely certain of this tea, but I do believe it should suit you well." Chal smiled. "Onyx has always had a softer, more floral taste. Sort of like a nice chamomile with a twist of rose and honey." Chal chuckled.

Jamie laughed lightly at Onyx's reaction. He leaned into his touch and into the kissed before looking back towards Chal and giving a little nod, "You have no idea how happy he makes me," he confirmed with a little smile. he wanted to always shower his love with compliments and tell everyone about how good he made everything. He never wanted Onyx to feel like he wasn't loved and he was now even more careful with his words. He nodded as the man handed him tea, "Thank you," he took a little sip of it, it wasn't floral, but a deep, almost peaty taste, with spices and cinnamon. It was perfect. He nodded, "I would love to see your gardens," Jamie confirmed since he wanted this man to like him he would ask to see and just look at whatever Onyx suggested to him that he should.

Onyx was sure that he must be a deep crimson. God, he loved Jamie so much. He leaned up, taking a moment to whisper in his fiancé's ear. "When we get home, mon chiot, you're mine," he promised quietly, slipping a hand just above Jamie's knee. He settled back down into Jamie's side, taking a sip of his tea.

"Well. I hope I haven't missed dinner," A new voice broke in, causing Onyx to sputter on his tea.

Onyx nearly dropped his tea as he shot forward, setting it down with a thud. A bit of the liquid sloshed out, scalding his hand a bit, but he didn't care. He was on his feet in an instant, tense. He stood completely rigid, his hands clutching nervously at his jeans. "Grandmother, I thought you couldn't come," he nearly squeaked, looking down at the woman, still several inches shorter than he was even in heels.

She raised a brow, folding her arms in front of her. She was intimidating in her stature, despite her small frame. "
Are you withdrawing your invitation, Onyx Jayce?" She almost growled, her voice low. "I had to postpone a rather important meeting to be here," she almost scolded, her tone and gaze sharp. Onyx stuttered a bit, not really replying, his cheeks burning.

Chal cleared his throat, and Ruby laughed. "
You're still adorable, my little kitten," she reached up and ruffled Onyx's hair before brushing by to go sit by Chal.

Onyx ducked his head to allow her, a deep shudder racking his body as soon as she had moved past him. He collapsed back down next to Jamie, immediately snuggling back into the mans side. Onyx brought his hand up to rest against Jamie's chest, ignoring the slight burning on his skin. "Grandmother, this is my fiancé, Jamie Derouin," he sounded almost shy with the introduction.

Chal smiled softly. He wasn't often lonely anymore- but the blatant love the two of them had made his heart twist in his chest, memories of his own love and a sweet boy nagging the back of his mind. He tried to push it away, trying to forget. Now was not the time to get lost in distant memories of a lost love. Before he could speak again, his sister appeared. He was surprised. Hadn't she said she was too busy? He cleared his throat after a moment, drawing her away from her teasing. "Ruby, sit down," he held open his arm for her, smiling as she down down with him.

Ruby looked over to the boys, smiling. She leaned forward as Onyx introduced Jamie, offering out her hand. "Pleasure to meet you, Jamie." She greeted him in fluent french. Chal didn't understand, but he was sure Ruby was playing nice. For now.

Jamie grinned at Onyx's words and was pleased that he was doing well. He wanted to impress this man. But the mood immediately changed when an older woman, Onyx's grandmother, appeared. Jamie could feel Onyx tense beside him. He wasn't sure why, this woman seemed stern and the exchange was a little tense. maybe onyx just was a little intimadated by her, which didn't warm Jamie to her, but perhaps she was just an old and rich woman who was used to people treating her in a certain way. But then she ruffled his hair and it seemed to help it. Jamie leaned into Onyx's touch and then looked to the woman as she greeted him. "And you, madam," he replied in french, using the formal you instead of the informal personal you. He took her hand and shook it as he'd spoken.

Onyx felt like his heart rate had doubled upon his grandmothers arrival. He knew he had no logical reason to be concerned, but Grandmother had always intimidated him. She was a strong, stern woman, the absolute opposite of the soft and cuddly Onyx. He almost held his breath as she and Jamie shook hands, letting his wide eyes flicker between them.

His eyes settled on his grandmother after a moment, wanting to gauge her reaction to Jamie. She smiled. Or was it a smirk? "Well, you certainly have pretty manners." She commented, raising a brow and looking to Onyx. Their eyes met, and she continued on. "You are moving a bit fast, are you not, my kitten?" She asked, crossing her legs and folding her hands on top of her knees. "Correct me if I am wrong, Onyx, but you were single a month ago, no?" Her tone had shifted to a scolding one. "You were doing well. Recovering. And now suddenly you are bringing home a man? Have you honestly considered this?"

Ruby's eyes flickered to Jamie's face a brief second before returning to Onyx. "On top of recovering yourself, you took it upon yourself to relearn a new language, prompting your sister to rent an apartment in Paris so that you would stop returning home barely able to stand after studying yourself to exhaustion at that silly little Paris cafe learning to speak french for a man you barely knew?" Her words were harsh, and Onyx's smile slowly faded.

Onyx straightened, sitting forward a little. "Grandmother, I..." He stuttered softly, trying to defend himself, but she raised a hand and cut him off.

"Not only that, but you rushed into a job performing in front of strangers to make yourself feel more worthy of affection, before rushing into a proposal of your doing on your first night, and promptly moving into his flat immediately after? In what, less than a year of being acquainted? And you honestly believe that this is a wise course of action?" She was practically glaring Onyx down at this point. "You were always an impatient child, Onyx, but really, bringing home a strange man with pretty rings and empty promises is a bit much, even for you. Chrysander had pretty manners, as well, and can you honestly tell me you know yourself, much less some Frenchman that just happened to smile sweetly at you?"

Onyx had been stuttering and stammering, trying to protest at several points in his grandmothers tirade, but he hadn't been able to halt her at any point. By the time she had finished, he had lost all of his words. His eyes had filled with tears and he had to duck his head to try and hide it. "Grandmother, I-i..." he stuttered, his voice breaking. He couldn't even figure out a proper way to defend himself, defend Jamie, defend anything. His shoulders fell and he turned his head away, feeling vulnerable and open.

Jamie gave a nervous smile at the grandmothers words, but his nervousness changed to confusion and then anger. It was cruel what she was saying, to her own grandson. it was just awful. He was looking at Onyx seeing his expression waver and falter, trying to get a word in edgeways and being shut down. Jamie closed his eyes and tried his best to push his anger down, it wouldn't be right for him to yell at this woman, but he didn't want to do anything but. He reopened them as she finished and he looked at Onyx. He put his arm around him in a reassuring manner and then looked to the woman. "That was the cruellest thing I've ever heard anyone say to a family member. I cannot believe you would say such things, Onyx is an adult, he doesn't answer to you. Onyx is trying really hard, he's a brave and wonderful person, so full of passion and drive, and you'd belittle it in front of me. He cannot possibly learn to know himself if you speak to him like that critising every choice,"

Jamie got to his feet and then pulled Onyx up too, "Come baby, we're going home," he looked to Chal, "Thank you for the tea Chal," he thanked the man before looking back at the woman giving her a glare and guiding Onyx out, keeping him close and not wanting to let go. Saying softly, "You're okay baby, let's just go home and chill in bed,"

Chal smiled softly as Ruby sat into him, watching as she and Jamie spoke to each other. His smile faltered a bit as his sister started going on in rapid French. His smile faded completely as he noted the look on Onyx's face. Before he could reprimand Ruby for... whatever it was that she had just done, Jamie leaned in, put her in her place, and stood. He blinked, still completely shocked by what had happened. As the boys moved away back to the front door, Chal turned and looked at the smirk on Ruby's face. "What did you just do?" Chal growled.

Ruby turned, winking and relaxing into the couch. "Testing the new boy," she replied easily, flipping her hair back and smiling wider. "There are very few people in this world that will stand up to me, Chal. I don't want to see my little kitten hurt so badly again. This new boy will be good to him." She sipped her tea.

Chal let out a long, exasperated sigh. "Ruby, that was not okay, no matter how well intentioned you were. You better go and apologize to those boys yourself," he scolded her. He sighed, moving to put up dinner. "I'm going to send them some dinner, since someone chased them away in the middle of tea," he griped.

Onyx was still struggling to speak when he felt Jamie shift beside him, nearly jumping out of his skin when he felt the arm around him. He turned to look at his fiancé with wide eyes, shocked as Jamie berated his grandmother. Before he could really comprehend what had just happened, Jamie had pulled him to his feet and led him from the apartment. He nodded slowly, letting Jamie take them home again.

The shock started to wear off after they arrived home, and Onyx moved to stand in the doorway to the bedroom. He brought a shaky hand up to grip the frame, leaning against it for support as his entire body had started trembling. "What if she's right?" he whispered, doubt and fear tangling in his gut. "I- I've just kept pushing, I learned French again, I moved out here, I kissed you first, I proposed, I moved in, I started all of it, I-i," he ran both hands into his hair, tears starting to fall and the shaking getting worse. "Y-you're, you're going to regret this, you're going to regret me, I haven't let you- I just keep pushing, you didn't- haven't- I keep-"

Onyx had worked himself up too much, losing his words as he started sobbing, his heart twisting in his chest as he doubted everything he'd done, doubted Jamie would still want him in a few years, worried that he had pushed too far for too much and that Jamie would grow to resent him as they got older.

Jamie felt awful but he knew he was right, he was right to have done what he'd done and said what he'd said. But getting Onyx home, supporting his weight didn't make him feel good about it. He brought him inside and then towards the bedroom. He wasn't surprised that he'd begun trembling and was moving to support himself against the door frame. "Baby...baby." he tried to get a word in edgeways to Onyx's spiral but he didn't manage to. He pushed a hand against Onyx's chest, "Baby it's okay just breath," he moved to wrap him in his arms. "Don't I get a say in all this....come on you know that I don't do things I'm not sure of," he assured him, since Onyx knew that this was only the second relationship he'd ever been in. When he wanted something he went for it. "Even if we ever break up, which I'd never want baby, I'd never regret you," he told him.

Onyx was gasping for breath, shaking. He stilled a bit as Jamie put a hand on his chest, turning his eyes to his fiancé. Onyx whimpered, falling easily into Jamie's embrace. "Jamie, Jamie," Onyx breathed, burying his face in the mans chest and pressing close. He brought his hands up, clutching at the back of Jamie's shirt as he cried. It took several long moments, but slowly the frenchmans warmth, the strong arms around him, and the steady beating of Jamie's heart lulled Onyx back into a more calm state of mind.

Onyx sniffled, letting out a long, slow sigh. He pulled back just a bit, bringing a sleeve up to wipe at his eyes. He peeked up at Jamie through his hair, swallowing nervously. His voice felt hoarse as he tried to speak. "Jamie... Jamie, I'm sorry," he apologized gently. "I... I didn't think Grandmother would... I didn't know she..." he shook his head, his hands falling to Jamie's hips as he sniffled again. "I'm sorry I'm such a mess, I'm sorry I can't... that I don't do more for you," he bit his lip, his shoulders slumping. "From the moment we met, you just keep... taking care of me, and- and I love you so much, you're my home, my rock, but I just..." Onyx let out a deep sigh, leaning in and laying his head on Jamie's chest. "I can't help but feel like you're always working to piece me back together and I just don't do anything for you, you don't... you don't need me the way I need you, I'm sorry I'm such a loser," he shut his eyes, trying not to hate himself and failing miserably.

Jamie knew it would take a moment for Onyx to draw himself back together. He held his baby close, and he pressed a little kiss to his head. He shook his head, "it's okay, you couldn't have known, clearly she just decided to be cruel," the man assured him. He listened to what he said and he shook his head. "I need you baby," he assured him, and he wasn't how to say that maybe right now he needed him more than he needed him. "Also baby what does it matter if you need me more than I need you right now, maybe in like two years I'll need you more," Jamie told him. "We help each other, we'll piece each other back together whenever either of us needs it, because that's what it means to be together," Jamie told him, holding him close hoping he understood what he was saying.

Onyx blinked, looking up to Jamie with wet blue eyes. His stance relaxed, and he couldn't help but purr as he looked up to Jamie with a fond expression. "You're so good to me, mon chiot," he whispered, smiling warmly. He pushed up on tiptoe, kissing Jamie sweetly for several long moments before bringing his hands up to the mans chest and pushing him into the bedroom. "Now then, I know exactly what I can do for you," he smirked, winking playfully as he stepped fully into the room himself and shut the door behind him.

A few hours passed, and Onyx lay in bed with nothing but Jamie's shirt on. He purred softly, content as he cuddled into Jamie's side. He was half asleep, their legs tangled together. Onyx was completely comfortable in his fiancé's warmth, comforted with the weight of Jamie against him and the familiar scent of Jamie's cologne mixing with his own. Onyx yawned, nuzzling in closer and pressing a gentle kiss to Jamie's skin. "You know what sounds nice?" Onyx asked softly, unable to keep from smiling. "Calling you husband." He giggled gently, burrowing impossibly closer against his love. He couldn't wait to marry Jamie.

Jamie was pleased that Onyx was feeling better, a bit of rest for a few hours was good to help push away from of the negative memories of what had just happened, he didn't want Onyx spending more time with that woman but he couldn't stop it either. He smiled at his words, "I can't wait to be your husband, and can't wait for you to be my husband, but..." he said, "I'm always going to call you baby...," he liked the pet name for his baby. Babe or honey would've felt impersonal but Baby that was right for his baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back