Map of Everyone In Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Bruke

Hello Everyone,

I had been reading Harry Potter Seven again today and I realized how they have pointed out the little places like The Lovegood's living on a hill somewhere near the Burrow and The Shell Cottage being somewhere near the sea, Dumbledores, Bathilda and Potters being neighbours .So I thought of bringing up this suggestion.

Most of the people on this site are having their characters live in New Zealand after they have graduated, some however are abroad. Many are in Australia and come in and out of New Zealand and such. I thought it would be a nice idea if we had a map of of the world set up and then everyone could specify exactly where they live. I don't necessarily mean by area and such(that is going to be there of course) but I mean for example Andrew had an apartment in New Zealand like many others he could specify who his neighbors are and if he likes them or not, if they are nosy or friendly or something like that.

Everyone would know some people who live around them whether they have actually RPed or not because they are neighbors. i.e like Andrew would know that a blonde girl whose name he thought to be Veronica and who played Qudditch lived a few blocks away and in this sense people could get a new way of interacting with one another.

I am not aware of all the technical work this might require but I once remember that Nick had made a world map where everyone could click the spot where they lived and write their name their or something. It could be similar and everyone would add their character's exact location after they've decided who they would like for neighbors.

Yeah, so that was my suggestion.

Nishma :D

We still have that world map, actually. ^_^
Where members are (ooc)

As to something for in character (neighbours, etc.) I think co-ordinating something like that would be difficult, and I don't even know what it would begin to look like as a finished product. However, it is a good idea to collaborate your character, and their circumstances, with other people.

I think that this is something that the HNZ Wiki could be used for (putting a page on the wiki with the name of the living area then listing who lives/lived there and when), or relationships threads (people responding to the thread and indicating that they also live by the person). Those are just a few thoughts of how to do this with what we already have, and without needing somebody to organize it from the top-down. ^_^ (A lot of the things on HNZ started as just a few members doing it, then it catching on. A lot.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back