Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Pear Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Phoenix Tail Feather
Lily still couldn't believe that she had graduated. School was officially over. She was still in awe of it all. She'd been at home since her graduation, spending time with her mother and father and just adjusting to her new found freedom. Eventually, though, she decided to go out and look at a few different bakeries throughout the country to see what it took to have a successful business. It took her a bit to travel, since she refused to apparate. But she didn't mind. She saw more of the world this way, and it was nice. She made it to the bakery, surprised a bit to see there was a line. She stepped to the back of it, ready to wait to see what they had. She smiled at the woman that came in after her. Deciding that it was probably nice to try and be friendly to help pass the time, she decided to talk to the woman. "It smells lovely in here, doesn't it?" She asked, giving the woman a gentle smile.

Lilyanna hadn't left her house in a while, and honestly she loved it. It was always nice just spending time by herself without having to worry about others. She could just focus her mind on more important things, like finishing her painting or finishing the book she was reading. The woman had learnt a lot since graduating from Hogwarts just from the comfort of her home and she much preferred it this way. Eleanor had sent her out however to get some sweets for when their parents were coming to visit, and Lilyanna reluctantly departed from her house to do so. She entered the shop, rolling her eyes a little at the line that was in front of her. She stood in line behind a tall man, quickly becoming frustrated as he was blocking her view of the glass cabinet. She almost said something to him before she became distracted by the girl that stood behind her. "Of course it smells good in here, this is a bakery." Lilyanna told her, confused as to why she had said that. Perhaps the girl had wandered into the wrong store.

Lily blinked, a bit surprised by the bluntness of the woman but unfazed by it. She still smiled, tucking her hair behind her ear. "I've always liked the smell of freshly baked goods. It's certainly enough to make you hungry," she laughed softly, putting her hands in her pockets. "I've heard this is a good bakery. I'm curious to try it," she looked to the other woman with a friendly smile. "My name is Lillian, by the way. Lily." She offered out a hand.

Lilyanna didn't understand why the girl behind her kept talking, but perhaps she should be thankful for it. After all, she knew she could have easily punched or pushed the man in front of her if she hadn't been distracted, and that probably wouldn't have been a good thing to do. As the girl introduced herself as Lillian, but also Lily, Lilyanna's gaze turned away from her as she soon became bored. "Okay." she said simply, taking a step forward in the line. It was then that she noticed the girl was sticking out her hand towards Lilyanna. From previous experiences, this probably meant she wanted to know her name too. "My name is Lilyanna. Just Lilyanna." she said, wanting to make it clear that she only had one first name. She didn't take the girl's hand as she simply didn't want to, but was glad nonetheless for the distraction the girl imposed.

Lily hardly noticed the woman's stand-offish behavior. She had always been the kind of person to believe the best in people. "Lilyanna, that's a really pretty name," she complimented the other girl, sticking her hands in her pockets. She made a mental note that Lilyanna wasn't a touchy person. "Do you come here often?" She asked. "I'm a baker myself, so I like going to different bakeries to see what sells," She told the woman conversationally.

Lilyanna didn't care about people complimenting her name. She liked her name and didn't need verification from other people that it was good. It was a unique name, much more unique than simply 'Lily', and so she didn't think she would be telling the truth if she complimented her back. Instead, she just turned back around, taking another step forward as the line moved. She wished it would hurry up, especially when the girl started speaking again. "I'm pretty sure all bakeries sell similar things." Lilyanna told her matter-of-factly. "I came here because I have to, not because I want to."

Lily was unfazed by the woman's attitude, continuing the conversation as the line moved forward. "Well, I'm happy you came in today," she told the woman with a genuine smile. "I think we could be friends. Maybe we can go out for lunch or something sometime?" She offered. Lily was a little unsure about being so forth coming, but she wasn't sure when she would have the chance to make new friends again. She wasn't in school anymore, where she would be guaranteed to run into the same people constantly.

Lilyanna thought it unusual that a stranger was happy that she had come into the bakery today. She wanted to ask her why, but was then taken aback as the girl expressed that she wanted to be friends with her. Her only friend was Tholomyes and no one was going to replace him. Tholomyes made her happy, taught her how to do art, and never cared to ask Lilyanna unnecessary questions. The woman paused for a moment as she weighed her options. "OK, but you're paying." she said, figuring free food wouldn't hurt. It was then that Lilyanna was next in line, and when it was her turn, she stepped up and ordered 4 cupcakes, 6 croissants, and a dozen bread rolls. It was a lot of food for their parents visiting, but that was what Eleanor wanted. She had a little trouble figuring out which coins were which however, and a little bit reluctantly, she turned around to Lily. "This is a galleon, right? And this is a sickle?" she asked, showing her a knut and sickle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back