Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
lesbian
Wand
Straight 13 Inch Flexible Ash Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
OOCOut of Character:
I am looking for friends for Hayley, but since she's a Muggleborn I'm very open to bullying too.

Hayley slipped off the Sorting Hat's stool and strode over to the Slytherin table. If she was anxious, she wasn't going to show it. She sat at the end of the table where the other newly sorted first years seemed to be going, and smiled hopefully at the students around her. If this was where she would be hanging out while at Hogwarts, she'd better make some friends. What had the Hat said about Slytherin? Ambitious and cunning . . . Well, Hayley guessed she could be those things. She'd never thought of herself as particularly ambitious, but then she'd never been to a secret magical school, either. She looked around again, at the beautiful enchanted ceiling, at the food that had magically appeared before them, at the faces of her fellow Slytherins.

Hayley held her hand out to the student sitting next to her. "Hi, I'm Hayley."

The raspberry juice in front of Lycus looked disgusting hence he pushed it aside and snap his finger to call the house elf. The poor little creature came running toward Lycus and greeted him as master. Lycus had never shown mercy nor kindness to house elves, well not just house elves... He's not even kind to himself, he doesn't know what kind means. "Make sure to get me a perfectly squashed raspberry juice, I do not tolerate any solid form of fruit in my juice" he said calmly in an undertone. Poor house elf, oh poor him. He shivered and ran to the kitchen after bowing at Lycus. Out of no where a girl came and introduced herself as Hayley, what the... 'Can't I just have one minute of peace?' Lycus thought to himself. He looked at the girl and observed her, to see whether or not he had met her from any of the gathering that his uncle annually hold. "Lycus Jin Howard" He said coldly without shaking the girl's hand. Lycus had never been good to other people, it's not because the girl wasn't friendly enough but he simply didn't understand how to treat others.

Well, this kid didn't exactly seem friendly, but Hayley supposed all this was new to everyone, and people did deal with new circumstances in different ways. Maybe he was nervous. Hayley smiled, trying to put him at ease. "Nice to meet you. Isn't this place cool? I never thought I'd be excited for school, but I'm really keen to learn magic." Hayley helped herself to some of the mountains of food before them. She thought she'd seen some sort of small person running off away from Lycus just before, and that was another thing to be curious about. Maybe she would ask him about it, when they'd talked a little more. If he would deign to talk to her. At the moment he just looked cold and awkward.

The poor little house elf came back with Lycus' juice and served it on the table. Lycus took a sip on it and looked at the creature with a satisfying look. "Off you go" he didn't even thanked the little creature. The only house elf that he was fond of was his uncle's. Nanette had always been perfect in serving meals. Again, the girl interupted Lycus' peaceful time with all those cheerful and... Excitement of learning about magic?? "What did you say?" Lycus rose his eyebrows. "Haven't your parents taught you anything about magic?" Lycus wanted to make sure who exactly Hayley was. He was almost 100% sure that her parents are non magical and she was one of those who steals magic away from deserving ones, yes the pure blood.

Hayley watched with interest as the funny little creature came back with a glass of juice. Were they staff, then? She guessed it made sense that there might be magical beings employed here, like the goblins at the bank. In that case, Lycus was being terribly rude to them. Hayley had been brought up to always thank waiters when they brought you things. She might have asked him about the creature, but then Lycus' voice went all prickly. "Nah, my parents didn't know about any of this. Did yours teach you magic at home, then? That's so cool." She kept her tone light, but Lycus was looking increasingly wary. Had she said something wrong?

Just as what Lycus thought, the girl was a muggleborn who deserved none of these magic skills. "Oh" Lycus continued eating, cutting the meat into pieces. He ignored the girl for a little bit before he started talking to her. "I am the descendant of great wizards who believes in blood purity, and you are the descendant of those who views magic as childish. Your kind of people are stealing magic and your kind of people deserve none of the skills" he said calmly without even looking at the girl. He took a sip of his raspberry juice and it tasted perfect, it was one of the most fresh raspberry he had ever eaten. Lycus ordered the house elf to keep him some of the white cherries when the season is out. The little creature nodded and ran back to the kitchen.

Hayley waited as the boy cut up his meat with a growing sense of unease. She had a feeling that whatever he was going to say next would be unpleasant for reasons she did not yet understand, and her suspicion was swiftly proven correct. Blood purity? What the heck? So far this new magical world had seemed fantastic. Hayley should have known it was too good to be true. Clearly there were bigots here just like there were everywhere else, and a whole new class of prejudices to contend with. Well, she'd better find out all she could about whatever insult they were using about her this time. "What do you mean by blood purity? How can people be stealing magic, isn't there enough of it going round?" She let her contempt show clearly in her tone.

Lycus was surprised to hear how clueless Hayley was. He had never met or associated with muggle born as long as this very moment. Are they all like that? "You'll learn more about it here kid" that's all that Lycus could say to the girl. He wasn't going to explain about all the details of how filthy muggles and muggle horns are. He wasn't in the mood to do that, he wanted to enjoy his breakfast peacefully. That's all... Besides, he didn't know what else to say to the girl, she seemed to have no problem being treated rudely and Lycus quite enjoyed it. It had been a while since he doesn't have to argue with the muggle horns about them not deserving to this part of the world.

Vincent Della-Robbia was as excited as all the the first years he watched get sorted. He was as unsure about his placement as everyone else was, but the Sorting Hat had a lot of experience, so Vinny did not need to be worried. The feast had begun, and the second year began to shovel food onto his plate. Normally, the boy did not have a big appetite, but he needed to eat in order to get taller, which was his goal. As he ate, two first years across from him weren't getting along very well. The one named Lycus went on a small rant about blood purity, and that really rubbed Vincent the wrong way. "Kid? You two are literally the same year, and what freaking century do you live in dude? You should watch what you say before you get knocked out by a mudblood." he told him before he shoved another helping of vegetables in his mouth. His use of "mudblood" was not ideal for his defense of Hayley, but Vincent was trying to stay calm himself. His veela blood made him more prone anger and aggression.
OOCOut of Character:
Hope you don't mind me joining!

OOCOut of Character:
Absolutely no problem :)
Sorry it took me so long to reply, I've been out of internet access for a few days.

Hayley glared at Lycus. "Oh? Well, **** you. I may not know what the hell you're on about, but I can tell a bigot when I see one." She would dearly have liked to slap the smug look off his face, but it probably wasn't wise to get in trouble on her first day here. Was this sort of prejudice acceptable here, or was this just one terrible person? She didn't even know that.

Hayley looked away from the bigot abruptly as another boy at the other side of the table interjected. Well, that answered some of her questions, even as it raised others; apparently Lycus' sort of thinking was old fashioned and not generally accepted. Hayley would have been relieved if she wasn't so angry. "Thanks," she said, "but I can pick my own fights." The way this other kid was acting like he was so mature when he could only be, what, a year or two older, made her a little hostile towards him too, counterproductive as that may be. "This idiot's just like any other," she went on, ignoring Lycus completely. "What's a mudblood?" It sounded like an insult, and if even people who were against . . . what had he called it? Blood purity? . . . would use such terms, it did not bode well.

Kaia was enjoying herself. Nothing would ruin her day today, absolutely nothing. She felt better at having made a new friend now when she needed one because of what she had found out about herself. The Ravenclaw sat at her table and as her thoughts filled up her morning she gazed around the room, deep in thought. She blinked once, trying to be sure that she was not daydreaming before getting up and walking over to the slytherin table. It was of no surprise to her that Lycus was arguing with someone. She rolled her eyes and sat down next to him ignoring the other two at first. She quickly glanced at the other girl before she waved at him, unbeknownst to the fact that he might not even have seen her as he seemed to be enjoying his breakfast in peace. Or what looked like satisfaction. "Hey, friend." Then she got an idea. She looked up at the other two who did not look happy being with Lycus and she smiled at them. "Hi. I'm Kaia. Is he bothering you?" She asked them, referring to Lycus who she wasn't exactly sure was done with annoying them. Sometimes she actually enjoyed watching him have his fun but she knew when it was enough.
<i></i>

Lycus was pretty shocked to hear what the other boy had to say. " You said the M word" Lycus was aware of how offensive and how fun it is to use that word. But he had learnt his lesson, saying the M word will stop any argument that may lead to combats and being a violent person, Lycus definitely didn't want that. "Why don't you mind your own business" He said calmly to the boy. Lycus wanted to have his peaceful lunch, that was it until these two started coming. Again, he was shocked to hear such speech from Hayley and this made him angry. He digged his pocket to reach his wand and then... Kaia came. Great... Everytime he was going to have fun, the girl came... "What a perfect timing to see you here, dear Kaia" he said coldly, in an undertone before sipping his juice. Dear Merlin what is wrong with people today? First these two Slythers and then Kaia asking them if they were bothered by Lycus. Lycus was suppose to be the one feeling bothered, but who can blame these students after all Lycus hasn't been pleasant to them, in fact he had been acting like a total j*rk for the whole time. So it really isn't their fault for treating Lycus this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back