Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Welcome back!

With the big-obvious-glaring changes come some less obvious, but very awesome, changes to appreciate.

"Like" this post

You'll now find, at the bottom of every post, a "like" button appears (
PBlike.png
). If you click the button, the top of the post updates how many people have liked that post, and if you click the number it shows you the names of those people. ^_^ "Liked" a post by mistake? Just click the "Like" button again and it will remove your liking the post. :D
This code was scripted by Slayer 766 who was kind enough, once again, to allow me to use one of his scripts that he wrote for other communities and to modify it (as heavily or lightly) as I found need. This time, I only needed to fix the position of where it shows who likes the post and to modify the code to allow users to "unlike" a post.

A Code "Control Panel"
This is an idea I took from ZBCode a now defunct coding forum but wrote entirely myself to suit HNZ's situation.
Users now have some limited control of which scripts run, or do not run, when you load HNZ.
Do you hate the "Switch Users" code? Disable it. Do you want to be able to double-click your post to edit it? Enable that. Do you want a word/character counter when you're making a post? Enable that.
The Code CP is linked to in the "Board Controls" box of the Preferences Menu - right the below "Board Settings" link.
You can also follow this link: [member]Code CP[member]

So those are the two codes that have been installed with this downtime!

Along with the new codes, there are two more big announcements with the board's reopening:
Major (Visual) Updates
Sixth Birthday Celebrations

Make sure to snoop through those announcements, too, and once more - welcome back!

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Staff Team)

I was going to suggest the 'Like' button feature pretty soon, you read my mind. :D

Great job! ^_^

this is really great! :D

This is amazing. I love having the shoutbox at the bottom of every page. It's so much easier. :D

The Code CP was not operating for users in Safari or Opera because both browsers used a reserved name type in their scripting that I wasn't aware of and assigned as a variable. They didn't like that.
Regardless, the problem has been solved and I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience.

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back