Maaate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver Ashby

OOC First Name
Helena
Hey guuys. I kind of gave in and made a first year. xD To keep my OCD self happy, I made a dude character, so now I have four girls and four guys. xD Yay for me.

Anyway, this is Oliver, or Ollie/Olly/whatever you like. He's from a Wizarding part of England (I haven't decided where abouts. Probably London or somewhere northern like Yorkshire or something), but because he kind of raised himself, he doesn't know much about Muggles. He finds them fascinating though, so if your character is a Muggleborn, he'd probably ask lots of questions.

Um, his father is an alcoholic, and he left the family when Oliver was very young. He's kind of one of those dead-beat dads, in that he'll arrange to see Oliver on his birthday or something, or maybe say that he'll come watch his Quidditch matches.. but never turns up. His mother is an alcoholic too, but not a dangerous one. She's never hurt Oliver, but she does neglect him. A lot of the time she'll just leave him at home and go out to the pub until the next morning. His older sister looked after him for most of his life, but she moved away as soon as she was of age. So yeah, family-wise, Oliver has always been somewhat alone, and has had to look out for himself. He's not bitter about it, though, and just kind of thinks that that's normal.

Oliver's not the smartest of boys, and he's not all deep and emotional, but he does have great self-awareness. When it comes to school, he usually just scrapes by, but socially he's very successful and well-liked. Oliver is a natural leader, sometimes to the point of bossiness, but he means well. It's very rare that he'll be intentionally mean or cruel, but he does stand up for himself when necessary. He's a stereotypical Gryffindor in that he doesn't like the majority of Slytherins, but I'm sure a few could win him over. So yeah, he's quite popular and funny, and is a bit of a class-clown too. Umm.. I think that's the basicness down, I'll be writing up his character development in the next few days, so when I've finished you can read that to get a more in-depth look.

Friends
Oliver should have lots of guy friends. He's a friendly person, and fun to be around, so most people like him. He's a guy's guy, so I don't see him being friends with too many girls, but since most of the characters on HNZ are girls, I guess that's inevitable. Oliver is verrrry loyal and protective, and stands up for others more than for himself. If you return the kindness he shows you, then you're BFFs for life, and Ollie will have your back. :cool:

Enemies
If you're rude and mean, then Oliver will probably dislike you. He usually sees the good in people, but also tends to judge upon first impressions. So if you're horrible from the get-go, then you probably won't get a Christmas card. He's not a fan of conflict, so he wouldn't confront the mean person, but if they were to.. for example, ask him "Oi, have you got a problem with me?", Oliver would probably reply with "Yeah, I do. You're incredibly rude and unbearable to be around." So yeah, he's pretty straight-up, honest and blunt. :lol: I can see him getting into a fist fight or two, but he would not be the one to initiate it.

Romantic Relationships
Oliver's only eleven, so he isn't keen on girls just yet. Well, he notices when girls are pretty, but the majority annoy him or confuse him. So yeah, no girlfriends just yet. His personality is quite charming though, so I can see how a girl might have a crush on him. Lol, that would actually be quite funny to RP. A girl acting all smitten, and him just looking at her like she had cooties or something. When he gets older he'll be quite girl-crazy, but not yet. :p

And yass, I believe that is everything. :lol: Feel free to PM me for more info, or just post here. :p

Well Ashlynn's a Muggleborn and in terms of experience with magic, she's the exact opposite of Oliver. She's never experienced anything magical before coming to Hogwarts and she's lived all her life being "normal." She's not a typical Slytherin; she actually knows very little about the house divisions, but she's still a Slytherin so maybe he might have a bad first impression/stereotypical view of her? Houses aside and personality-wise, I could see them probably being friends.

I have Elizabeth Sturridge. Not sure what we could plot with them, but they are very much alike. She is also a Gryff firstie and her father is an abusive alcaholic, he has hit her siblings, mostly her mother. She is from Bristol in the UK. She doesn't pay much attention at school, she just scrapes by on things. Elizabeth doesn't understand why her mother has bruises all the time or why her dad is never happy, I think it will take a few years for her to see what is really going on. She idolizes her older brother (a twin) who is a rebel and was sent away to Durmstrang to try and be straightened out, she wants to attend Durmstrang to be with him, but right now is pleased enough being at Hogwarts.

Ashlynn & Oliver
Hiya! I think that you're right, they probably would be friends. Maybe they could have a bad first impression, but after Oliver finds out that Ashlynn is Muggleborn, then he'll become more interested in her? I don't think that they'd be very close, but possibly friends that say hi to each other in the halls or whatever? It could teach him that stereotypes aren't always correct.
:p

Elizabeth & Oliver
Ooh, I think that they could be quite interesting to plot. And yeah, they do seem to be very similar. Maybe Elizabeth could be Oliver's best female friend? Because it would be cool if he had one girl friend that he was really close with. Or maybe in the future she could be the first girl that he has a crush on but doesn't admit it. Or maybe she would introduce him to the first girl that he has a crush on. Or maybe they're just 'partners in crime'-type friends. I don't know, I'm just thinking up lots of different options.
:lol:

Anyone else? :D

Salazar is a 6th year Gryff who also grew up knowing nothing about muggles. He ran away from home when his family disowned him for showing an interest in muggle-borns and such-like (very strict, closed-minded family). He's just started finding stuff out about muggles this year, and is still very confused and scared by them. He tries to act tough about it, though.
He's also very straight-up, so I think they'd get along well, once 'Zar gets over the fact that Ollie's not pureblood. They would know what it was like growing up in all-magical communities, and discover the truth about muggles and muggleborns (who Salazar still thinks of as mudbloods) together. 'Zar's also quite lonely after being away from his family with no contact for 6 months, so he'd probably treat Ollie as a little brother?
Salazar is also an artist who loves wand-painting and fire.
What do you think?

Salazar & Oliver
Hey Emma! I think that it would be totally awesome if Oliver had a mentor/older brother of sorts. They both seem to be a bit.. feisty, but Ollie seems to be the more laidback one. Maybe he could help convince Zar to chill out a bit more? Because yeah, he loves most of what he knows about Muggles. His family were never blood elitists (they just never mentioned it or cared about the family tree), so he might not understand why Salazar's family disowned him. But yeah, I think they have a lot of common ground, so being friends sounds like a good idea to me!
:D

Elizabeth&Oliver
I like the idea of them being partners in crime type friends, because Effy definately has a michievous side to her. Also perhaps when they get a little older they could fancy eachother, but maybe just simply because they are starting to like the opposite sex? If that makes any sense, kind of experimenting or something.

Gissy& Ollie
I guess they can be friends...? Giselle is a tomboy and she loves muggle sports. Most of her friends are American (back in French) and most of her friends are guys (back in French).
Her dad left her when she was a baby and she live with her mom, she's not rich but her half sister is.. err... rich-ish? lolz...
Giselle isn't sensitive, and she dont like weeping girls& is very harsh when she's not in the mood

Oliver Ashby said:
Salazar & Oliver
Hey Emma! I think that it would be totally awesome if Oliver had a mentor/older brother of sorts. They both seem to be a bit.. feisty, but Ollie seems to be the more laidback one. Maybe he could help convince Zar to chill out a bit more? Because yeah, he loves most of what he knows about Muggles. His family were never blood elitists (they just never mentioned it or cared about the family tree), so he might not understand why Salazar's family disowned him. But yeah, I think they have a lot of common ground, so being friends sounds like a good idea to me!
:D
Sounds good to me. You want to start it?

Elizabeth & Oliver
Sounds cool to me. Yeah, they wouldn't have to be anything serious. I started a topic, if you'd like to join. :lol: Clickness.
^_^

Giselle & Oliver
Sounds cool! Maybe Oliver can treat her kind of like.. one of the guys, but still go to her for advice about girl things if he needs to? :lol: Or do you have any other ideas?
:p

Salazar & Oliver
Agh, sorry. I have to run right now! Would you mind starting it? Or else I'll be back tomorroww.
xD

sure sure! ^_^

Anyway... I got an open thread... Would you like to RP there? threaaaaaaaaaad

Noah&Oliver

Well Dante's my sort of main guy, but then again I have Noah Blakewood; a Gryffindor Seventh year. His a friendly kid - looks out for the younger guys - and is a fairly regular guy himself. He doesn't really relate to women (other than one Amzurah Archer).
I could see him possibly speaking with Oliver, but at the moment I'm not really getting any muse drive for him.

Dante&Oliver
If you wanted a different bond, I could see Dante being a Professor that tries to get through to a student like Oliver; if he some how found out about his parents. His the sort of guy that would try and make those days when Parents lack to show care vanish, through him himself looking at the strengths of Oliver (attending the Quidditch games that Oliver's father never did) at least starting now. From their they could probably create a sort of best friend / close friend kind of bond. :doh: I dont know, I'm trying to give you some options. xD !

If you were interested in either, cool. If not, :abby: also cool xD !

hey! Sorry, I keep meaning to start something for these guys, but I'm swamped with RPs at the moment. Will do it when I have a spare moment. Or you can :)

Topic Closed and Archived
This roleplay development has been inactive for an extended period of time or is now completed.
Thank you for having used the plot development forum and feel free to create future threads in said forum.

~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back