Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 9 1/2" Sturdy Larch Wand with Boomslang Venom Core

There was one place in hogwarts that Lily hated more than the whole school itself, and that was the great hall. It would be perfect if lily liked to eat where many, many others could sit and watch her, but as it turned out it was one of the things Lily hated most. She hated that people could sit and watch her eat. It something more private. In her old school, Lily woke up long before everyone else, and ate after everyone else. This was done by classes early, and running late. Lunch was something Lily had about as often as when there was rain in the summer in New Zealand. There just wasn't time in her old school. In this school, there was too much time. She had heard of this place, kitchens. This seemed better. Lily walked into where she'd been directed by an older student. She walked in and was greeted by creatures. Odd creatures. They weren't human. Lily had never come across them before.

Lily sat down at one of the tables that she was guided to by one of the creatures. She asked for a sandwich with low fat mayo, ham and salad. The creature went off for a few minutes then returned with what Lily had asked for. This was quite cool, she was able to eat in silence, while these strange creatures worked away.

Charlene strolled into the kitchen. She was already hungry, and she had finished her last packs of chocolate frogs from the train just a half an hour ago. And a half hour before that, she'd eaten her lunch in the Great Hall. She would have to change this habit of hers. She adjusted her skirt and blouse awkwardly. How she hated having to dress like this for school! How the heck would she be able to run around? At least getting a uniform a few sizes bigger hadn't been a problem with the shopkeeper. She glanced around, dipping her head to the bustling house elves; after all, her mother had always told her that respect was key.

She had just taken a sub that one of them had offered when she looked up to see another girl, about her age, sitting at a table and eating a sandwich. Deciding that she ought to meet some people, she headed over. "Hi! I'm Charlene! First year Gryffindor." She said. Then she noticed the girl's uniform. Green. She wondered if she should've said that, considering what her mother told her about Slytherins hating Gryffindors and vice versa. Shrugging off the thought, she continued. "Could I sit here? I'm eating my second lunch..." She grinned sheepishly at the girl.

Lily stopped eating her lunch and placed the sandwich on her plate before even looking up at the girl who'd spoken and inturrpted her lunch. Lily hated when this happened. Her look towards the girl was not one that said yes to sitting down or one that showed friendliness. It was cold and hate filled. This girl in the simple act of talking had gotten on Lily's bad side. Lily gave a false laugh. And shook her head. She couldn't believe this girl. Stupid girl. A gryffindor too.

"No. You can't sit with me, Charlene." Lily said with a false smile. "And I'm on my first and only lunch, which is better for me, than your two lunches."
Lily said glaring at the girl. Lily really didn't need to watch what she ate, she was skinny as it was. The intense dance she'd done had done that too her body, but her body did have to perfect build of a dance."

Charlene's mouth dropped open with surprise at the girl's reply. Whatever she had been expecting, it sure wasn't that. She quickly closed her mouth; no way was she going to let this girl see her like that. She was being nice, but very apparently, the girl didn't like that. This was exactly the sort of thing that pissed Charlene off. Her brows furrowed. In fact, she decided that she would sit here. She took a seat defiantly, putting her sub down on the table and crossing her arms.

"Well, seeing as there are no more tables available, I will sit here," she said, even though all the rest of the tables were empty.

What part of no, did this girl not understand. Lily watched her sit down. Was it so much to ask to have lunch alone. Lily glared at the girl from a few seconds before standing up, taking her plate and sitting down at the table right beside the one Lily had been seated at. She picked up her sandwich and slowly began to eat. Hopefully this stupid girl could take a hint and go away. Or stay exactly where she was. The chances of this happening, Lily guessed were more than a little unlikely. But Still Lily didn't care, she ate and waited for the sound of a chair moving and this girl moving to sit in front of her. If this was to happen Lily was pretty sure she'd lose it and yell at the girl. Now that this bother Lily, she'd been bottling up a little anger lately. It would be good to let it out on this Gryffindor.

Charlene smirked as the girl moved tables. She was in the mood to be rude, maybe to piss somebody off. Not that she usually looked for problems. But as the situation didn't seem like it was going to get better anytime soon, she might as well have fun with it. She picked up her already half-eaten sub and went to sit across from the girl. She sure hoped not all Slytherins were like this, otherwise she'd have a heck of a hard time in classes.

"So," she began, returning the girl's glares with a bright grin, "I hope you don't plan on moving again." She paused for a second, and then not even waiting for the girl to reply, continued. "How's life?"

Lily nodded to herself in congratulation for getting the fact that the girl moved tables. Lily put her lunch down on to her plate and waited for the girl to sit down. Lily looked up to the girl. The girl was talking. To her, it was obvious that the girl wanted to annoy Lily, but the girl had already and if Lily hadn't learned to keep her cool then she'd have already punched the girl. Lily decided to play at this girls own game. She returned a smile, but Lily's false and mocking.

"Life is awesome. Just superb. It couldn't be better. Thank you so much for asking Charlene." Lily said with mockery in her voice. "How's your life, it's gotta be rubbish compared to mine. You don't even look like you've ever had a good life."

"I have to disagree with you," Charlene sneered. "Seems it's much better considering I've actually got friends. I don't see any of yours around and I hardly think you're trying to make any." The last few bites of her sub sat forgotten on her plate, which she had pushed to the side. Her pride wasn't letting her back down and leave.

Lily didn't think you needed friends to have a good life. Friends tried to get to know you. They got into your life and were always there. Knowing your secrets. Friends weren't worth the trouble they caused. Lily much prefered keeping everyone at arms length even if this meant that she acted a little nasty towards people. It was just the way Lily was. She took another bite of her sandwich.

"I'm not trying to make any, Charlene." Lily said, "Friends aren't worth the trouble they cause. They drag you down, always need you. Always needing for you to tell them things. Life is so much easier with out the weight of friendship hanging around your head."

Charlene was thinking quite the opposite. Friends were very important to her, and she was not about to go around dissing them. "Well then, what happens when you need someone to fall back on? Or when you just need someone to be there for you?" She crossed her arms. "It's not a burden. It's...really great. All the memories and stuff..." She thought of her friends back home. Dangit, this girl was actually making her homesick. She shook her head to clear her mind.

Lily just shook her head. She nor did anyone else need anyone to fall back onto. Lily was good on her own, here at this school which she hated. Lily took another bite of her sandwich. She didn't like this girl. She didn't think she could like the girl who interrupted her lunch. Lily wondered what to say next. This friends thing seemed to work on the girl. A weak point maybe. Lily placed her sandwich back onto the plate.

"Who needs memories, they eventually fade. As do friends. You don't need them to fall back on. If you don't have friends in the first place, there's no reason to be falling." Lily said. "Friends just aren't good. You should break all ties with yours. I'm sure they'll be more than glad to say goodbye to you."

Charlene's smile faltered. "What would you know? You act as if you know everything, but you don't. You wouldn't, unless you've been through it yourself." The thought of her friends leaving her was, well, devastating. However the thought of her friends leaving her was also an impossible one. This girl just didn't understand. Friends were more than simple relationships or streams of demands from each other.

Lily knew she was hitting a chord, or just something. But Lily knew that this girl was very connected about being friends with others. She smiled fakely. Knowing that this girl would hate her by the end of lunch time, but it didn't bother Lily one bit. She didn't care. She didn't need this stupid, gryffindor girl as a friend.

"How do you know I've not been through it all. You don't know me." Lily said with the tiniest hint of upset. Of course it was false. "Where are your friends? Why would you sit alone when you have friends? You're meant to do things together."

[I apologize for the lameness, tis early for me]

(xD It’s not lame.)

Charlene gave a hollow laugh. “Hm, well, maybe that’s cause I’m new and I’ve hardly been here for a long enough time to meet anyone. But you see, I’m trying to make more friends, ‘cause I’m smart.” The girl’s comment began making her wonder if maybe the girl did have friends before, and they betrayed her or whatever. That would suck. Charlene felt just the teeny-tiniest bit of sympathy for her, but just for a second, and then she shook it off. At least she could try to start over. “So what happened to you?” She asked, casually, as if she didn’t care. “You get traumatized or something, since you’re a bit of a loner if you ask me.”

Lily had guessed what Charlene would ask. Of course Lily seemed like the type that something horrible had happened to her. Something horrible had happened to Lily Fossil. Her best friend had been taken and killed. Her only true friend. And while that had only been at the tender age of 4, Lily would think about her friend everyday. Lily's mind flashed with the image of her old best friend. For a moment, on Lily's face, the hate and anger, faded and a strange sadness took over. Lily mentally shook her brain. Livia Delaney on the other hand hadn't really had anything happen to her. Lily however did know that a story could be changed. Altered to fit the situation, as long as it fitted. Lily, for a moment pretended to act a little sad, but if Charlene had been watching Lily in the silence which had come, she'd know the emotions were fake.

"I don't want to talk about it. Friends are useless, they just let you down." Lily said, in a softer, quieter tone. One that made Lily seem a little friendlier or nicer.

Charlene caught the expression of sadness that flitted across the girl’s face after she finished talking, and regretted saying it, as much as she didn’t like this girl. The sadness could have been fake, but to Charlene, it looked genuine, like she had really felt it, so she didn’t question any further. She didn’t want to bring back bad memories for her. She knew how that felt. “Fine, believe it as you say. I’m just saying I don’t agree at all. And that perhaps, you don’t know both sides of the story.” She crossed her arms, and then caught sight of the last bites of her sub still sitting on her plate. It was a rare occasion; she actually didn’t feel like eating. But for the sake of not wasting food, she stuffed it into her mouth silently.

Lily didn't need to know both side of the story. She didn't think friends were worth the hassle. Though she did have two friends, which out of all the people she met were the only ones she could say with authority that she actually liked. And could potientally see her trusting over time. This girl on the other hand, Lily couldn't see herself trusting. She picked up her sandwich and took another bite from it. She didn't really want to eat it anymore, but if she stopped the girl might think she'd found something about Lily that she could use against her. There was a silence between the them now, Lily thought.

"Fine." Lily said. Not sure of what to say to this girl now.

Charlene finished her food and sat there, a bit awkwardly, in the silence. She waited to see if the girl was going to talk, but it didn't seem that she would. Charlene opened her mouth to say something, but then stopped. What was the point of furthering this argument? She would not be convinced and neither would this girl, so she decided to just leave it altogether. Standing up, Charlene smoothed down her teal hoodie and faced the girl. "Well, seeing as neither of us are getting anywhere, I'll just be going now. Maybe I'll have my third lunch and see if I get any fatter." She smirked and turned to walk out the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back