Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Eric <3
Wand
Knotted 15" Unyielding Walnut Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Being asked to the yuleball by Noel had been a surprise, it had been a nice surprise but a surprise nonetheless. She had taken longer to get ready this time around, had taken great care in selecting a dress and she had in passing mentioned it to her parents. She’d written a letter to them outlining the fact she was going to the yuleball with someone and also in the same letter had finally mentioned the quidditch game. As she had expected they’d spent more time on the fact she had a date than the failure. However, that wasn’t the thought of this night. Minnie was waiting for him, standing at the entrance to the hall waiting for Noel to appear. Minnie felt certain he would be there soon and he wouldn’t stand her up. She was just early and a little nervous. She had never had a date to one of these things. She didn’t even spend most of her time at these things talking to people, this was going to be different and hopefully better in every way.

Noel was nervous for tonight, but more than that he was happy and excited. He wanted the evening to be amazing and he hoped that it would be as he thought it would. The brown haired boy had put on his suit and went to the Great Hall. He was trying to picture how Minnie would look, but whatever she would wear she would be beautiful he figured. When he walked to the entrance hall he spotted Minnie in a beautiful dress. She was not hard to find in the crowd, because for Noel she was an light and special. He felt an smile on his face and sighted one more time. Looking at an note in his pocket to see what he wanted to say and do, but he just needed to be himself. When he walked closer he smiled. '' Hey Minnie. You look beautiful.'' He than said sweet and smiled. He had thought of something he could give Minnie. But this was their first time together at the dance, and this was all new to him also. '' Shall we go inside? I'm not the best dancer. But if you like we can try.'' He said with an grin. He thought about grabbing her hand and take her inside, but he wanted to do things slow.

Minnie looked up as she heard Noel walk over to her. She gave a warm smile, and blushed deeply at his words. ”Thanks Noel,” the teen replied knowing it was polite to say that, but she also deeply appreciated the compliment. ”You look really nice too,” she felt herself stumble over the words but she said it, and she did mean it. She nodded at the question, ”I’d love to dance, it’s a good thing my dad had me learn ballroom dancing,” She told him. She held out her hand to him, not sure if they should hold hands, but she thought it would be easier to dance if they were holding hands, but she wasn’t sure what it would mean for them, for their friendship. It would be easier to dance, but she didn’t want to push anything.

Noel was smiling as Minnie complimented him back. He felt nervous but hoped that being with Minnie relaxed him a bit when they were inside. '' Thanks. I did my best for you.'' He than said with an grin. But he was sure she would steal the show. '' But I'm sure people will not notice me, beside you.'' He than said with an smile and joked a bit. It helped him sometimes joking a bit to feel more comfertable. Minnie wanted to dance, he figured she would. Most of the girls liked it, if he had to believe Liam. But he didn't tried to take so much advice from his brother, because it was just not for Noel. He nodded to her and looked at the hand and was actually glad Minnie took the lead a bit. He just followed her, he wanted her to feel comfertable. He felt like they were thinking the same about this, slowly but he felt some magic between him and Minnie. It was not the friendship he had with both Chloe's or his other friends. Noel than figured he should just go for it and took the hand of Minnie. It felt soft. And he led her inside. '' I'm really glad you wanted to go with me. And perhaps you can teach me how to dance now?'' Noel than said with an grin. Perhaps he was not the worst, but he wasn't the best either. He led her to the dancefloor and smiled to some students around him.

Minnie smiled and blushed deeply, ”Don’t say that,” she said with a little hint of a smile, ”You’ll make me blush so hard I’ll become the sun,” she had a shy expression on her face as she said it. It was nice of him to say but she didn’t want him to give her so many compliments, of course she appreciated them but it was just a lot. She just didn’t know how to take them particularly well. So she wasn’t sure what to say and it was just easier if she didn’t say anything. She looked at her hand for a brief moment as it was in his and smiled a little. It felt odd, unlike most other things she’d had in her hand, but it felt almost nice. She smiled at him, and nodded, ”Of course I’d go with you Noel,” she said with a warm smile before nodding, ”Just follow my lead,” she said as they got to the dance floor. She guided his hand to be on her shoulder and then moved the other to be on her waist. She moved her hands to sit where they were to on him and then began very slowly guiding the dance. It was easy, just a few step. ”So Noel, tell me about your family?” she asked as they danced.

Noel looked at Minnie and grinned shortly. She found it hard to accept compliments it seemed and perhaps he had been giving too many. But he just ment it. '' Cool thing being the sun.'' He than joked back with an smile. But he understood what she ment so he just followed her to the dancefloor. Holding hands with Minnie felt good, it was just nice to be with an girl on this evening. And a special 0ne. He was glad Minnie said the things to him that he liked to hear. It would be terrible if their friendship would be ruined, but Noel had no idea what he felt. He felt so much at the same time, and something he never had felt before. But he was becoming older and noticing girls more than friends. He felt nervous about the dancing but hopefully Minnie would be good to him. He led her take the lead and guide his hand. It felt intense holding Minnie like that. It was close and he tried not to stare too much to creep her out. But she was really pretty. She had no trouble with this it seemed. He was glad they were doing so well. '' I'll follow you. Good plan.'' He than said in response with an grin. He wanted to talk some more when Minnie asked him about his family. He smiled. As he tried to focus on his dancing also. It was hard to do two things the same time. '' I have a big family. Two older siblings. Liam graduated last year, you kind of don't want to know him. And I have one younger sister. My family comes originally from Sweden.'' He than told Minnie. He knew of her parents, he didn't meet them but he knew stuff. '' You are an only child right? Or am I mistaken? Do you have some cousins?'' He than asked Minnie in return. While trying to not step on Minnie her feet.

Minnie was able to quite easily take the lead with Noel, which suited her fine. She listened as he talked about his family, it was an interesting family. SHe’d heard of Liam Waldgrave but only because of quidditch, she hadn’t made the connection to Noel. Though it should’ve been obvious. She nodded, ”I’m the only child of only children,” she said with a little smile, she knew her parents had had a lot of pressure put on them as kids and they in return seemed to double it with her. She kept the dance going, it was maybe not the song for it, but Minnie didn’t mind, ”They had lots of trouble having kids, so I’m their miracle child,” she told Noel with a smile. Though she knew that her parents treating her like one, and therefore always expecting her to be the best was the biggest strain in her life. She always did what her parents wanted - well, almost always. For some reason the thought made her think of Eric, but even without looking she knew he wouldn’t be there. ”How are things in Gryffindor? I’ve heard that your dorm has had issues in the past?”

Noel could not stop smiling. He was so happy, and he and Minnie spoke of things went deeper in their friendship. Really getting to know eachother. Minnie was really alone, just like her parents. '' Really? Well you get all the attention for sure than. Do you miss an sibling sometimes?'' He than asked her. He was glad to have siblings, it was fun and although they were so different he loved them all. Perhaps Minnie her parents were pressured when they were younger as well, since they were alone. Noel tried not to judge so soon. But still hoped that Minnie could relax a bit more, without pressure. '' Sorry that I judged your parents before. I'm sure they love you a lot. And are their miracle child.'' He than said with an friendly smile. It was nice still the dancing position and things went more easy than he figured they would. He looked around for an moment spotted Dainstree somewhere. He than looked at Minnie again. He grinned as she brought up trouble with Gryffindor. '' Well.. With Gryffindor you never know ofcourse. But indeed in our dorm it's not always fun.'' The brown haired boy than thought for an moment, but he wanted to be honest to Minnie and it was no secret he and Eric were not best friends. '' Sully and me are good friends and the rest of the boys are nice too. But me and Eric don't match that well. And he doesn't really match well with the rest of the boys in our dorm as well. So that brings conflicts sometimes.'' He than explained and tried to see how she reacted. He was honest and if she was hanging out with Eric like he figured he saw before her face would tell. And she could do what she wanted, but he just didn't want her to get hurt by him. The song stopped for an moment and he smiled. He was a bit done with dancing. '' Glad I didn't stepped on your feet.'' He than said grinning. He than took her hand for an moment and smiled. '' Young lady. Thank you for this dance. Do you want something to drink?'' He than asked her and smiled sweet.

Minnie laughed lightly. ”I think having a sibling would’ve made things easier and it would’ve made things more difficult in equal measure.” she said with thoughtful expression. Her mind clearly thinking about the ways in which it would’ve been better, perhaps her parents would’ve been calmer, or perhaps it would’ve made them worse and if Minnie had been an older sibling she knew she’d want to help ensure they had an easier time. Minnie shook her head as Noel apologised. She knew he hadn’t meant it. ”It’s okay, I know my parents don’t really help their image,” she told him, she smiled at him, ”They just want whats best for me, and expect me to live up to it too,” she knew that these words would’ve elicited a reaction out of Eric likely. But she was sure that Noel wouldn’t as much. He seemed to get somewhat more about family pressure. She nodded as he spoke, she didn’t know why she was so curious but she felt bad for what she’d said at the beginning of term. Before she could say anything, the song came to an end. Minnie gave him a smile and shook her head, ”You were great Noel, a drink sounds great,” she said, letting him lead the way to the drinks table.

Noel led Minnie to the drink table and smiled. The things she had said to him made sense, and he would be there for Minnie and tell her parents how great she was. But that would not change things perhaps, and he would never do such an thing behind her back. He grinned at her compliment of dancing. '' Thanks. I become better everytime I guess. But I had an good teacher.'' He than said with an smile and led go of her hand for an moment. '' I hope you don't mind me asking. And forgive me if I am wrong. But speaking about Eric and the Gryffindor dorm issues. I saw you hanging out with him once. Are you friends or was he bothering you?'' He than asked Minnie, he could not led his curiousity go. He decided to just ask. And whatever came out of it was fine. He than took something to drink and offered one to Minnie as well.

Minnie walked with Noel to the drinks table. She reached out and let herself take his arm, so that she would be more steady on her heels, which made it feel a little more intimate than just holding his hand. She was pleased that he dropped the subject of her parents and let go of him as soon as they got to the drinks. ”You were a natural Noel,” she assured him with a smile, nudging him slightly in her blush. She didn’t think she had done much for him. He had pretty much already been there, needing little guidance from her, at least in her mind. She wasn’t too surprised at the question that followed but truly she wasn’t sure how to answer. She knew that mentioning that the last time they had spoken he had made her cry wouldn’t likely end well. But saying they were friends…..well that wasn’t really true. ”It’s complicated really. We’re not friends anymore, we had a small falling out, but we were friends,” she told Noel taking the drink he was offering. ”Cheers,” she held up her drink to him.

Noel listened as Minnie spoke and smiled as she complimented him. '' Perhaps I become professionaly now. There's hope for me.'' He than joked with an grin. Not that he wanted an carreer out of that, he already knew long time what he wanted. And he worked hard for it. He smiled as Minnie hold his arm. Minnie didn't seem to mind to touch him, so he felt kind of special and the evening was already amazing. Perhaps they could build from here, but he didn't want to see things only as he wanted too. He wanted to take things slow. And not scare her away. When Minnie answered about Eric, he was glad she seemed honest. He was right it seemed, they were friends. It seemed impossible, in the way he knew Eric. But he had seen him at the hospital wing, an different Eric it seemed. Perhaps he should give him an chance after all? But than he had to act normal as well. '' Sorry to hear that. What happend? If you want to talk about it.. otherwise it's fine too. I'm just trying to picture it. He can be so mean sometimes.'' Noel than said as he tried not to be negative, but it was hard. He just could not stand the way he treated people sometimes. He hold his drink and smiled. '' Cheers! To an amazing evening. It's special really, you are my very first date..?'' He than asked a bit unsure, if she saw it like that as well.

Minnie wasn’t sure she agreed that he could professionally dance, but she didn’t say anything on the matter. Minnie had held her drink as she spoken about her relationship with Eric and wasn’t sure what she expected him to say in response. She couldn’t help the slight surprise as he seemed sympathetic almost. She gave a little shrug, she knew exactly what had happened, she knew what she’d done to merit it. ”It was my fault, I was stressed and I snapped at him, it was only right that he reacted back, it just…..I regret it,” she said, but shook her head a little. She wanted to tell Noel to give him a chance, to not push him. But instead of saying anything she just raised her glass with him and smiled, ”To first dates,” the words felt weird to say, but this was a first date. She watched him for a moment, knowing how good of a friend he had been to her, how close they had become. She knew her parents would like him...she took a small sip of her drink before placing a hand very carefully on his cheek and after a moment she leaned up on her toes and went to kiss him on the lips. Giving a moment of pause as her lips approached in case he didn’t want this and said no.

Noel listened as Minnie spoke she said it was her fault. But he could not believe that, but he wasn't there at the situation between Eric and her. She regret it, and Noel didn't want to help Eric out but he could only give advice. '' Perhaps you could talk to him? Tell him you regret it. Or I can try. But he becomes mad at me quickly so... donno.'' He than said to her. He than took a sip of his drink after they cheered and smiled. It was so fun to be together, and Minnie was not being shy at all. Noel had the feeling that he was an gentleman to her, and made her feel comfertable around him. He at least hoped so, but had an feeling it was. But than all of sudden they had an moment, but Noel didn't expected it. Minnie layed her hand on his face and turned forward to kiss him. Noel felt like the most happy man in the world, and the fact that he didn't expected it made it even greater. He was glad Minnie took an step, he didn't want to be like Liam who kissed around like crazy. His lips touched her and it was perfect. Noel than smiled at Minnie as it had happend. '' I.. didn't expected this, the kiss.. But I really like you Minnie.. '' Noel than continued, trying to be honest with her without being too crazy. '' You are special to me. I enjoy our time together. You do too, I can tell now? '' He than said with an smile and could not stop smiling. He hoped it wasn't an dream, but it really happend. '' I would never let something ruin the friendship we have. But I feel something.. I never felt something like that before, but I wanted to be honest to you about it.'' Noel than said. Perhaps Minnie could not place something herself, if she didn't had an specific answer that was fine too, but she would not kiss anyone right?

Minnie had felt very brave to lean in and kiss him. It had felt odd, not at all what she'd been expected but it was nice. His lips were soft against hers, it felt good. She liked Noel, they were good friends, he was one of the few friends she had, but she couldn't deny that he was cute to her, that she had felt like the invitation to this ball was more than just an invitation extended a friend. She pulled away from him, lingering close for a moment before leaning away. She felt the blush grace her cheeks again as said he liked her, she nodded at his question, and she listened to what he had to say. There was option to leave this evening as it was and just leave it, say that she'd rather they stayed friends, but she didn't want to do that. She nodded and reached out and took his hand in hers, letting her fingers intertwine with his. "I really like you Noel, I wouldn't kiss you if I didn't. I feel something too," she told him unsure how else to express it. "I'd like to try this, us,"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back