OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curly 15 Inch Sturdy Black Walnut Wand with Acromantula Web Core
Wyatt loved the rain. It was calming. He sat out on the steps now, listening to the soft storm raging on outside. He wasn't really protected where he sat, wrapped in a thin shawl with an umbrella to shield him from the water. But that was alright, he was enjoying himself anyway. He shut his eyes, letting the cool torrents wash around him. It was almost like being lost in a whole other world, one he held all to himself.

Riley loved rain, it always gave such a cool effect on photo's She knew she had to take advantage of the rain now. In the next couple of weeks the weather would be changing to a more humid and warmer temperature. Riley wore a red raincoat and decided the courtyard would be a nice place to snap some photos. There was a tree in the middle of the courtyard and some flower patches. A perfect environment to display the beauty of rain droplets falling down. When she arrived at the courtyard she spotted a boy sitting on the step while it was raining. She decided to snap a photo of him as he looked one with the elements. Yes, he had an umbrella and a thin shawl around his neck, he was still getting hit by the rain. She walked over to him and tapped him lightly on his shoulder. Hoping that this wouldn't scare him as talking to him first. ''Enjoying the weather as well?' Riley asked the boy.

Wyatt blinked, tilting the umbrella just a little and looking up when he felt the touch on his shoulder, smiling softly. "I am, yes," He offered, patting the spot next to him in an invitation to sit down and share the umbrella. "What are you doing?" He asked, noting the girls camera. "Get any good pictures?" He asked her, his voice quiet.

A smile appeared on her face when the boy invited her to join him. The umbrella would keep them mostly dry. Most of the people she had met at the castle had been super inviting and nice. ''I made some pictures of the weather'' Not wanting to say she had snapped a couple of him. ''I hope so, I don't know yet, these magical camera's don't have a display feature.'' Riley needed to go back to her dark room and develop them. ''I am Riley'' she said offering her hand.

Wyatt shifted the umbrella over her as she sat, not minding that he got a bit wet himself. "Wyatt," He shook her hand. "You like photography?" He asked, trying to be polite and extend the conversation by asking her about the things she enjoyed. Since she had the camera, he could only assume that meant that she enjoyed taking pictures. It seemed safe to assume as well that she enjoyed the rain, being out here in this weather.

Riley didn't mind getting wet, it was her camera that wouldn't survive a good rain fall. She was sure it could be easily repaired by some magic. Hr dad had tried some water resistance spells, but they didn't work on the magical cameras she owned. ''Nice to meet you'' Riley said while they shook hands. ''I love photography'' Riley said, it was pretty easy to see her camera was like a trusty side kick. '"Got any hobbies yourself?'' She asked Wyatt, besides sitting in the rain she added in thought. It didn't rain a lot in New Zealand so the days were they had rain were days Riley savoured. Recreating rain in a studio wasn't the same as the real deal. ''The rain gives the photos a cool effect'' Riley mused.

Wyatt shook his head. "I don't," He told her easily. He hadn't picked up any of his own hobbies. "What got you into photography?" He asked, trying to continue the conversation after she'd finished talking. He found what she was talking about interesting, he found her also interesting. Perhaps they could be friends, that would be nice.

Riley thought it was weird not having a hobby. Her whole live she had been so invested into photography that she couldn't see it any other way. Everyone loved something right, how could you have nothing as a hobby. What would you do in your spare time or could sitting in the rain outside be considered a hobby. Riley grinned and looked at the boy. ''My mom is a muggle photographer'' She responded to his question. ''So I grew up around cameras'' The whole thing had just evolved from there. She only had a muggle camera at first, but then received a magical one from her grandparents and that made her love a whole other side of the hobby. ''Did you join any of the clubs at school?'' Riley asked the boy.

Wyatt thought that made sense, that Riley would pick it up from her mother. He shook his head at her question. "I didn't, none of them looked interesting." He offered easily. "They all seem like social gatherings, things I would need to actually talk to people for. Seems like a lot of effort for nothing interesting." He shrugged like it was the most obvious answer in the world. "I like peace and quiet."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back