Looking over the Rhine River

Nina Patrokov

OOC First Name
Alexis
Wand
Yellowheart with a mix of satinwood and a core of pixie dust.
als_vallee_du_rhin_96%20copy.JPG
Nina, in brown hiking boots, shorts, a wife beater and her bathing suit underneath, hiked up the Rhine River in Germany. Yes, it had been her Grandma's bribe to get her back onto her side and yes, it had worked. She was in Germany having the time of her life, it was certainly much better then her time in France. She had seen her cousin Viktor and had spent a few days with him, however he was now with his girlfriend who would be leaving for Budapest in a matter of days.

The Hufflepuff was now on top of the mountain. Searching for a way to see the Rhine River through the trees and the town across from it. She had written Zakary telling him what she was to do today, of course she had sent it a few days ago with her itenerary for then next few days, with a few questions of his summer, etc... However, Zakary was not on Nina's mind at all. She was only striving for a way to enjoy her vacation as much as she could, to celebrate that she had gotten through OWLs and her 16[sup]th[/sup] birthday.

sorry my posts will get muuuuuch better

Zak sat at the top of River Rhine, on a patterned blanket. Next to him, there was a small picnic basket, inside was a hell of a lot of food, and drinks. He had thought that maybe Nina would be hungry after climbing the mountain.
Also next to him, was his Farida 921 acoustic guitar, one of his favourites. He took it everywhere, and he wasnt going to leave it in New Zealand.

Zak was here to surprise Nina, she had told him she was hiking today, so he had decided to get a picnic, and join her, but of course he would apparate up here.

When he saw her walk through the trees, he could tell she couldnt see him, as she seemed to be searching for something through the trees. So he picked his guitar up, stood up, and begin to sing the first thing that came into his head. He had no idea why it was this song that came into his head first.

Slowly Zak walked towards his old friend, singing and strumming on his guitar softly.

Of course Nina was surprised when she heard someone singing, but she was a little confused as to why the voice sounded so similar. She continued to get through the trees, until she sat Zakary's face, immediatly her hazel eyes brightened madly. She brought her hands up to her pony tail and tightened it hoping she didn't look too haggard.

When she was in the clearing, Nina smiled brightly at her friend, she of course blushed like mad hearing the lyrics to the song he was singing. However, she didn't know why she was blushing, she had never thought of Zak any other way then a great friend. When the song ended she giggled and carefully wrapped her arms around him, making sure not to touch his guitar. She had to bite down on her lip to stop herself from squealing with joy. She almost laughed at the thought of squealing but didn't. "Zakary, what are you doing here?" she asked gleefully as she pulled away, but stayed close to him. She self-consciously brushed her bangs out of her face, and pulled down on her grey wife beater, but not so much as to make her bikini top visible aside from the ties.

Zak was grinning whilst singing, which is harder than you think, the sight of Nina had made him very happy, and he was unsure why, she was only a friend, right?

When the song had finished, Zak saw that Nina was going to hug him, so he quickly pushed his guitar behind him, so it hung off his back from the strap.
He wrapped his arms around her, sqeezing her slightly. His hand rested on her back. When Nina pulled away, he smiled at her. 'Surprising you!' He laughed slightly, reaching out and touching her soft hair. 'What does it look like im doing?' Smiling, Zak grabbed her hand, pulling her toward the picnic he had set up, 'I thought you might like a break.'

Nina looked up at her friend brightly and her heart hammered excitedly but regulated when Zak took her hand and led her over to the picnic he had set up. "Zak, you're so sweet," she said leaning up and kissing his cheek softly. "I've missed you, love," she said, wrapping her arms around him again, hoping he didn't mind her appearance at the moment.

Nina looked over at the Rhine River and smiled. "Beautiful, no?" she asked, her gaze not straying over to Zakary as she took in the river. She bit down on her lip excitedly, this was so much better then being with Viktor. She turned towards him again and smiled adoringly.

Zak grinned, 'I always think of others before my self,' Laughing slightly, knowing Nina wouldnt agree, but on this occasion he had.

He felt his cheek flush slightly when she kissed his cheek, he coughed slightly, holding Nina close to his chest to stop her seeing. 'Ive missed you too Patrokov,' He said, a little quietly.

As Nina spoke, Zak kept his arm around her shoulders, 'Yes, it really is.' Zak wasnt just talking about the view.
He felt her gaze on him, he looked down, smiling. Softly he moved his arm from her shoulders, taking her hand again and sitting down, gesturing for her to do the same.

'Hungry love?' He asked, opening the basket to show Nina all the food inside. Zak took out two butterbeers, opening them. And handing one to Nina.

/That was lame, sorry love\

"I always think of others before myself."

Nina playfully rolled her eyes at Zakary's words and nudged his shoulders with her own softly. "You are, are you?" she asked cheekily. She melted into his arms as he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer into him. She wrapped her arms around him, and blushed brightly. God, why am I thinking this way? Sure I'm over Brogan but.. this is Zakary! she thought with confusion.

"Hungry love?"

Nina bit down on her bottom lip to hide the bright smile that was daring to show on her lips. He had called her love, and it wasn't like when she said love to anyone and everyone. His tone of voice made it seem different. "Ravishing," she smiled, sitting down beside her friend and politely taking the butterbeer he had offered to her. She took a sip of it before bringing her legs up to her chest and wrapping her arms around her knees. She was so happy with everything now, she hadn't seen Zak since he graduated school and missed him to pieces.

Zakary grinned, "Ravishing,". He pushed the basket toward her slightly, 'What would you like to eat? I probably have anything and everything in here.' He laughed, running a hand through his messy hair. And looking quickly, over at his beloved guitar, that he had placed next to him, just to make sure it was still there.

'So, tell me, everything that has happened since the last time i saw you? I want to hear it from you, personally.' Zak said softly, the letters Nina had sent had told him, but he wanted to hear it from her lips. He prefered things like that, knowing exactly what happened, not the shortened version.
Zak took a chocolate frog from the basket, eating it quickly, not looking at the card like he had up until 4th year.

Nina peaked into the basket of food, as Zakary looked over at his guitar, but looked up at him when he asked her what happened since they last spoke, she loved this about him. Although she wasn't one for speaking aloud, she still loved that he liked details more then the condensed version. "Hmm, I moved to New Zealand," she said with a small roll of her eyes. "My Grandma told me that she was tired of London and that I would do better without being near my parents," she said, knowing that Zakary knew the situation between herself and her parents and how much hate was between them. "Darcy turned one years old recently," she beamed proudly. She loved her baby brother dearly even though she didn't have all that much time with him due to her family issues.

Nina shrugged her shoulders lightheartedly and said, "I fought several times with Alex before sort of becoming friends again, even though we hardly speak." She rolled her hazel eyes once more and then continued, "I dated then broke up with your brother, and then I started seeing my best friend, Noah, again which is when I got the letter from you and then I took my OWLs which I didn't do all that well in, but still passed with an A, I then was bribed from my Grandma when I got my plane ticket to Germany. I began catching up with old friends and family and now I'm on top of a mountain, looking over the Rhine River with you, Zakary." She gave him a beaming smile as that was concluded. "

Nina smiled at Zakary and asked curiously, "And yourself? Did you get a job?" She took another sip of butterbeer before placing her hand into the basket meekly and picking up one of the vegetarian options.

Zak nodded lightly, staring at Ninas face, a small smile on his face, as he watched her speak.

Grinning he began, 'Well, i left Hoggies, as you know. Took my inheritance from my Gringotts account. I moved to New Zealand, to simply get away from London. I brought myself an apartment, spent half of the inheritance on guitars and such. Formed a band, which has failed slightly. Helped my brother move, put up with him for half a year. He broke your heart, i broke his nose. Of course spoke to you, and here i am.' He explained, knowing Nina knew very little about his parents deaths, it wasnt that he didnt trust her, he trusted Nina with his life, more importantly, his guitars. It was that he barely knew much about it.

Zak watched her pick something out of the basket, he bit his lip piercing, it was the first time he had it in for a while, and it was bothering him slightly.

Nina listened to Zakary speak but looked down softly when he said that Brogan broke her heart. She frowned, she had wanted to just forget about that. She smiled at him and said, "Zaky you didn't have to hurt him, think that it my job." She smirked at her friend before she pressed her lips together softly, she leaned back and laid down comfortably and closed her eyes. "Are you going to stay for the rest of the trip?" she asked hopefully.

Nina wanted nothing more then to spend the rest of her summer with Zakary. Well maybe I wouldn't mind being with him either, she thought, not realizing exactly what until it was out there. She wrinkled her nose curiously and asked herself, Where the heck did that come from? She placed the sandwich she had picked up beside her and gripped the bottle of butterbeer carefully so it wouldn't fall over but didn't drink it as she was laying down.

Nina opened her eyes and looked over at Zakary. She sighed, she couldn't help but having those thoughts be brought up again. She smiled affectionately at him, and said, "Because I wouldn't be oposed to it at all." She blushed a soft crimson as she sat up, her hazel gaze caught Zak's. I wish he would think of me the way I'm thinking of him now, she thought.

The Hufflepuff chewed on her bottom lip alluringly and a smirk danced in her eyes, wondering if she still was able to be as good at flirtation and drawing people in as she was before. Nina sighed inaudibly, there was no point in acting like this to Zak, he probably thought of her as a little sister, and it would be inappropriate and awkward for her to act on her silly emotions.

'Believe me Nina, i did have to hurt him.' Zak told the younger girl, a small smile on his face. He watched her lie down, and close her eyes. Zak sighed softly, stroking her face so quickly, so lightly, he was unsure if he had done it.

'I think i'll stick around, ive got nothing better to do.' Zak told her, watching her put down her sandwich, and take hold of the bottle of butterbeer.

He stared forward for a minute, his thoughts were entirely on Nina. It took him a minute to take hold of his thoughts, She's like your sister! Right? He sighed slightly, Why am i thinking this way of Nina?! He fort with himself, until he felt Nina sit up beside him. He turned, his brown eyes on Ninas hazel eyes. He had a small grin on his face, as he saw her eyes change a little. He raised his eyebrows slightly, fighting with the urge to lean down and kiss the younger girl.

"I think i'll stick around, ive got nothing better to do."

Nina's grin widened, she wouldn't have to spend the whole time with Viktor, which was a bit of a relief, they would see each other over holidays as he was going to be able to apparate soon, and she hadn't seen Zak in about a year. "Lovely," she breathed.

Nina read Zak's expression to the best of her abilities, and saw that he was fighting with himself over something, but what she didn't know. "What's up Zak?" she asked, referring to what was going on in his mind. The two shared everything together so she figured this would be no different, however she didn't think she would share her forming feelings for him.

Lovely, Zak grinned at Nina, before turning away, and beginning his battle once more.

Whats up Zak? He turned to her, his gaze rested on her eyes. Zak wondered what to say, would he tell her his feelings? Or would he keep them to himself? Zak had a strange fear of rejection. And would this mess up their friendship?
'Im just.. confused Nina,' He smiled slightly, reaching out and resting his palm on her cheek, and turning away, his hand still on her jaw.

"I'm just confused Nina."

Nina's cheeks hottened when Zak's hand cupped her face, and instantly she leaned in closer to him. "Confused about what?" she breathed as she placed her hand on his cheek to turn his gaze towards hers. She looked into his dark brown eyes and her hazel eyes danced adoringly for Zak.

Zak sighed softly as her hand touched his cheek, he moved his hand to her shoulder, his eyes were on the ground. 'About.. you,'

Zak looked up, wondering if Nina understood what he was trying to say, he shrugged slightly, moving his hand from her shoulder and placing it on top of her hand, on his cheek.

[\small]

/lameeeeeeeeee\

Nina blushed wildly and she leaned in instinctively. She brought her lips to his, and kissed him tenderly. She hoped that she wasn't stepping over any lines by doing this but she had wanted to kiss him. Her thoughts hazed and the only thing she was aware of was Zak.

[don't worry mine was lame as well.. but I began the :wub: :p]

Zak smiled softly at Nina, watching her blush, he moved his hand from hers, and placed it on her reddening cheek. His eyes were fixed on hers as she lent in, closing the distance between them.
As their lips touched, Zaks heart was beating faster than it had done before, with any of his other girlfriends. It was obvious to him his feelings for Nina, were much stronger than his feelings for his other girlfriends had been.

When they broke apart, Zak kissed her softly again, before grinning at Nina. Unsure what to say to her.

Nina melted when Zakary kissed her back, this felt so much more natural then it did with any of her other boyfriends. She however wasn't thinking of them, the only thing she was blissfully aware of was that Zak's lips were pressed against hers. She couldn't help but be slightly disapointed when the kiss stopped, it was rather short lived, at least in her mind, but she didn't complain, she was pleased to kiss the boy at all. When he leaned in again and kissed her once more she smiled lightly into the kiss.

When their lips parted once more, Nina Patrokov's eyelids did not slide open for a quick moment. As she opened them, she gave Zak a small smile, her cheeks flushed and she asked playfully, "Still confused?"

Zak grinned slightly, watching Ninas eyes open slowly, Still confused?
'Hm, a little bit.' He smiled, 'Im wondering why ive waited so long for that kiss.' He chewed his lip, a grin on his face as he stroked Ninas face softly.

Nina's cheeks scattered with blood, she was completely gawking at Zakary and was embarassed about it. "Hmm, that is a hard one," she said playfully. She inhaled and exhaled deeply, her shoulders rising and falling as she did so, her heart was racing so quickly she wasn't totally certain if it was healthy or not. She gave Zak a small smile, but wondering what this could mean for them, she loved Zakary dearly as her friend, her closest one to date as she hadn't seen Noah in some time, and now that they had kissed, she felt something different arising in her. She wanted to explore it, without hurting their friendship, but what if she was just another one of Zak's girlfriends that last a week? She didn't want to be hurt again, but Nina put her heart in everything, there was no two ways about it.

A soft smile played on Zaks lips as Nina blushed again, 'Pretty..' He whispered, Nina really was gorgeous, why had he not noticed before?!

Zak watched her breathe deeply, smiling again, he pulled her closer to him, holding her against his chest. He had never done this with a girl before, he had never felt this way about a girl before. He wasnt entirely aware what he felt, but he knew it was good, whatever it was, was good.
'Nina,' He sighed softly, 'Can i ask you something?'

Nina fell into Zak's arms, her heart began beating so quickly she was certain that he could feel her pulse as well. She looked deeply into her friend's eyes as he asked her if he could ask her something. "No," she said sarcastically giving Zakary a playful grin, wondering what he was going to ask her. She probably had misunderstood him and he really didn't feel the way she did about him, or the way she thought she felt about him.

Nina, placed her hand on Zak's forearm, and pressed her lips together, awaiting his question anxiously. She hoped it wasn't something negative, but she also wondered whether if it was what she hoped it was if she would feel comfortable enough to have a boyfriend just yet. Sure it had been months but this was Brogan's brother, and they were bound to have some similiarites.

Zak smiled, looking into her eyes, No, 'Well im just going to ask you anyway,' He grinned, twisting his fingers in her hair.

He felt her hand on his arm, 'Nina, are you..' He took a deep breath, he didnt know if he wanted her answer, 'Are you over Brogan?' He chewed his lip, tearing his gaze from her beautiful eyes, and staring out into the trees, still holding her to his chest.

"Are you over Brogan?"

Nina smiled at Zakary and said, "Yes, I am." She looked at Zak affectionately as she awaited his response, only just realizing how homely she must seem now. She wasn't wearing any makeup, her hair was a ruddy mess, it was going back to it's natural strawberry blond but still had dark brown in it at the same time, and it wasn't straightened, she also was sure there were a few twigs and leaves in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back