Looking like a fool

Salazar Strayde

OOC First Name
Emmapants
Wand
13" Ebony wand with essence of Crystalised Dragon Fire
Hey there ho there! Thanks for stopping by and reading this topic. I need your help. You see, Salazar Strayde had an unusual upbringing and doesn't know much about life outside his village. Since he was forced to leave, he's been relying on a advice from others in order to get by. The rest is explained in the RP, but what I need from YOU is to post your response to what happens here. Salazar needs to learn a thing or two. This is not a regular RP where there's a back-and-forth, but rather I'll post the scene and I'd like as many people as possible to post their reaction. I will post a couple more times to respond to direct questions, but mostly I'd like to see what people think.

Salazar Strayde was proud of his new badge. He carefully pinned it on the front of his robes and walked with pride down to breakfast. It was a work of art. He'd spent hours making it, crafting the tiniest details so that his name was clear - Salazar Strayde - and the curls of flame in red and gold - his house colours - flashed and whizzed about. It wasn't small, as Daytona had suggested he make it big. It took up most of the left side of his chest on his cloak. He thought it was a great idea - and had no idea how silly he looked.

Daytona, his first friend outside of his village, had suggested he make it when he'd asked her how to tell purebloods apart from everyone else. He had felt incredibly uncomfortable walking around the school halls, not being able to tell who was who. Back in his home town, nearly everyone was pureblood. Those who weren't were squibs or half-bloods who'd been allowed in for some reason or other. Mostly, that reason was to replace the house-elves back in the previous century when someone had gone insane and given them all clothes. They hadn't been heard from since, and the community had needed someone to do their dirty work for them. The half bloods were easily distinguishable from the real wizards by their sloppy dress and the grey ribbon they were made to wear pinned to their robes. Here at Hogwarts, everyone dressed the same! Not only might he inadvertently address a half-blood with the respect reserved for true wizards, but there was the possibility he'd touch a mudblood! Salazar shivered at the thought.

Daytona said all purebloods wore these flashing name badges. Salazar hadn't seen anyone wearing them yet, but decided to show some kindness towards his fellow students and offer to make badges for any pureblood who wanted one. Entering the Great Hall, he sat down at a table and set up his sign:</COLOR>
<COLOR color="firebrick">Pureblood? Wear it with pride! Badges available here.
<i>
</i>

Zazuka was in very casual clothes today but she still managed to look like she stepped out of a magazine. Not that the boy at the table would know anything about muggle magazines by the looks of it. She had been looking running through spells that they where being taught in charms when she saw the table with badges for Purebloods. "Dear lord boy did you step out of World War II?" She asked while pressing her fingers against her lips to hide a giggle.

There was nothing really to laugh about because the badges reminded her of Willow's Rain where she had been forced to ware rags because her parents would not buy her proper clothes. In Willow's Rain it was a 180 the other way from the Pureblood town. This was an isolated muggle town made up of Sqwibs and family members of wizards that did not accept magic. In Willow's Rain one was condemned for showing any sign of magic. Still Zazuka laughed. Where in the world had Salazar gotten the idea make badges for Purebloods? With that she walked to the Raveclaw table where she went on to point the Gryffendor out. The set of Ravenclaw girls giggled at how ridiculous the idea was.

Bailey was the first one to spot it in the group. He started to point and laugh at the so called "pure blood". He was sitting with Jake but Bailey laughed caught everyone attention in their little 'jock group'. Bailey was the main man and counted on Jake his new friend for laughs when he saw the boy wearing the bright yellow badge.
"What tell hell was he thinking wearing that badge?" he turn to his friend Jake and Travis. Travis laughed along with Bailey and soon half of the Slytherin table were laughing.

Jake chuckle but he didn't laugh like the rest of them. It was comical but not to the point he would say it was hilarious. He wanted to tell the boy, what's with the badge. Yet he remain seated watching to see if the kid get the hint. He had to at least, if his table were laughing than everyone else ought to be soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back