Looking for mischief

Amarante Ming

Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Amarante absentmindedly walked down Bleak Street, she had been on Obsidian earlier that day but found it absolutly dreadful, all of those happy faces, it sickened her. As Amarante walked further she heard someone following her and she pulled her wand out discretly and kept walking.

Toni had just been shopping for a few things and she held a bag on her arm when she noticed a way over to Bleak street. She had heard about this place and it seemed so much more Toni's type than Obsidian habor or Brightstreet or whatever those two other places were called.

With the chance Toni headed off in the direction of Bleak street. She was walking slowly. Though normally she would be quiet and graceful but it was rather hard with her shopping bag making a bit of noise when she walked.

Toni noticed a girl ahead of her further up. She looked about Toni's age at least Toni thought. "Hey" Toni said not really one to talk to random people but thinking that maybe someone venturing into Bleak Street would be more likely to be on Toni's level and up to her standards.

As she heard the foot steps come closer she stopped walking and she swiftly pointed her wand in their face and then noticed it was some girl a bit younger then herself of course. Amarante lowered her wand and said her Taiwanese accent heavy a little coldly, "Hi." Amarante was unsure of what to make of all this as she waited to see what the girl would say. "I'm Amarante," she said in her naturally icy voice.

Toni saw the quick reaction to raise the wand as the girl did. Toni was tempted to get her's out as well. Though she decided against it knowing that if needed it was in the pocket of her jean skirt and could easily be grabbed in an instant. She just looked at the girl not saying anything at first wondering if she had made the right move and actually talking to her. Though as the other girl spoke in her icy tone Toni had the feeling that they would either be complete enemies or best mates. It all mattered how they clicked and Toni couldn't care either way.

Once the girl lowered her wand Toni spoke "I'm Toni" She said introducing herself keeping her voice in a rather monotonous tone. "Unsorted right?" Toni asked

Amarante bowed her head softly to great the girl and said, "Unsorted, and yourself?" Amarante already knew the answer unless the girl was being homeschooled. Though she looked a little young. Amarante narrowed her eyes unsure of what to make of all of this then she shrugged her shoulders and loosened up a little, now barely paying attention to the girl though it didn't look like that.

Toni nodded as the girl said she was unsorted. Toni thought that was obvious "yeah I'm unsorted as well...for now" Toni said. She really couldn't wait to get sorted. When the hat was placed on her head and that hat said that one word 'slytherin' it would be one of the best moments of Toni's life. Well at least until something else came about.

"So what brings you to an interesting place like this?" Toni asked as a weak attempt to make conversation.

"And you want to get into which house?" Amarante asked assuming this girl would be in Slytherin or Gryffindor, she thought that only people that were fit to be in those houses would come here. Then she said, "I'm trying to get away from the busy streets and the filth, though it seems I have only succeded in one of those." Amarante knew she was being all to honest but it wasn't like she would ever see this girl again.

"Slytherin" Toni said without a bit of pause. She knew which house she wanted to be in, which house she deserved to be in, which house she would be in if that stupid hat knew anything. "And you?" Toni asked guessing the answer already but not knowing for sure. Sometimes people's house choices surprised her. After Sam had decided that Slytherin was not for him. Boy did that throw her for a loop but she wouldn't let that get her down.

Though the girl's answer just left a cold glance on Toni's face. "I hope you mean that you haven't gotten away from the busy streets" Toni said her voice rather cold as opposed to her monotonous attempt before. If this girl was calling Toni filth, well Toni just knew that this would become a very unpleasant meeting afterall.

"Slytherin most deffinatly," Amarante said confidently. Then she rolled her eyes at the girls misunderstanding and said bluntly, "Look at the ground, it doesn't seem very clean to me, I sort of was making a joke about the blood traitors and the mudbloods at the same time..."

Another Slytherin Toni thought. Though lots of people she had meant so far thought they belonged in Slytherin. Half of them didn't have a chance. They were all fakers and losers. Though some how Toni thought that this girl would make it into the house. Where else would she fit?

Though when Toni realized what they girl meant Toni made an attempt at a small smile. She looked around. Though she wasn't so sure who was who. Toni wasn't keen on faces or remembering names though she took it that this girl was. "Well sometimes curious minds brings them here" Toni said "Even when they don't belong" She added "All we can hope is that some of the shopkeepers have a bit of fun with them" She added a bit of smirk appearing on her face.

Amarante smirked at the thought and said, "Here's hoping my sister gets pulled into this, she of course is more like a Hufflepuff, it is disgusting and amusing at the same time, I don't suppose you have met her." Amarante raised her eye brows curiously as she waited for a response, though she assumed if this girl had met Tasanee she would automatically think that Amarante and Tasanee were the same person until they spoke, they were like day and night, it was rather interesting.

Toni smiled a bit. The way Amarante talked about her sister amused Toni almost as if she talked about her own family and their own pitiful downfalls. "A Hufflepuff?" Toni said a look of disgust forming. Toni could deal with, not like, but deal with all of the houses except hufflepuff.

Though when the girl asked if she had meant her sister Toni thought back. A girl did pop in her mind as a possible sister actually probably a real sister but Toni wasn't sure and there was no way she was making a fool of herself "Your sister is?" Toni asked.

"Tasanee, she looks exactly like me, no matter," Amarante said with a small shrug assuming the two didn't meet already or this girl was rather self involved, but coming from Amarante that didn't mean all that much.

Tasanee Toni thought with a hint of hatred. If Toni was right that was that stupid veela that tried to draw attention from both Sam and Knight when Toni obviously was trying for the attention. "Yeah" Toni said her voice hinted strongly with a tone of displeasure "I've met her" She said looking at Amarante now

"I have to say that I hated her from square one" Toni added not caring about the reaction of Amarante. It was true Tasanee was basically number one on Toni's enemies list.

((Hope nobody minds I'm bored out of my head))

Hoshi soon found out that muggle electronics seemed to short out while in the magical corners of New Zealand. That didn't didn't mean that she still was out of luck. Hoshi doned a pair of roller skates from home and after hearing Haruhi grip about something or another she took off down the street determined not to be seen with her. Several turns later she had skated into what seemed like a seedy side of the magical village.

Hoshi skated around for a bit trying to find her way out then ran into a pair of girls that seemed to be around her age. Hoshi's heart pinged as the thought as her twin brother came to her mind. Hoshi took a deep breath and skated forward. Hoshi thought that she might as well make friends where she could. "Hello!' She said as brightly as she could so as not to seem down. Her bright blue hair bellowing out as she came to a compleat stop.

Toni heard a voice say hello as she turned to see who it was. It just so happened to be a girl with blue hair. Toni could think that she remembered the girl from the train but she wasn't sure she paid too much attention to her. After all Toni really didn't care about too many other people. Though a girl with blue hair was hard to miss.

A look a dislike was one Toni's face though she didn't say anything at first. "Hey" Toni said her voice on the cold side.

(Can I join?)
Sam walked down the alley. He was on a message. Somewhere called Borgan and something else. He had a gut feeling he was getting more lost with every step. In the distance he could see a group of girls one he recongnised. Although it was the back of her head Sam knew it was Toni.
He walked subtly over to them. "Hello Ladies." Sam greeted them. He smiled to Toni he looked around and he recongnised Amarante, "Amarante. Not Tasanee." he laughed and he spotted the girl with blue hair from the street. "Hi"

Hoshi's eyes narrowed. This girl was really getting her temper flaring. Her hands turned into fists. "You where nicer on the train Tori-chan." She said still trying to be a bit friendly. There was no reason to show her short tempered-ness too soon. Hoshi heard Sam and emedetly brightened. "Sam-kun!" She said brightly skating over to him.

"Hi, Hoshi, skateboarding again I see." he smiled. He could tell there was tension between herself and Toni. None the less Sam continued to talk, just to ease it off. "How are you all today?" he said openly.

Hoshi tilted her head. "This not skateboard these In-line." She said holding up one in-line skated foot. Hoshi also dearly wished to shove that skate up Tori for the way she had greeted her but she was holding herself back. She didn't want to ruin the skate. "I'm fine, took a wrong turn I see." She said looking around at the place she had ended up in.

"Oh roght sorry...You have a passion for it then?" he asked.

"I'm here on a message. Anyone know where Borgin and Bourkes or something like that is?" he asked. His uncle had asked him to get him an item in there. "Are you two just having a stroll?" he asked Toni and Amarante.

"Hi," Amarante said in her naturally icy tone to the girl that had just joined them then turned over to Sam and nodded her head and said, "Correct." Amarante gave him an awkward smile, not sure if it would turn out right.

"How is it going Sam?" Amarante asked awkwardly partly wishing the blue haired girl would leave, she seemed to happy and nice for her liking.

Happy and nice took a back seat after hearing the other girl. Went a light pink and her eyes narrowed farther "That's it!" She said making a grab for the other girl's hair. She was shoving her knee in someone because the skate would hurt to much.

As the girl grabbed her hair she pointed her wand at the girls temple and shouted, "Stupefy!" Amarante snarled at the girl waiting her to freeze, she had already learnt this at Beauxbatons in her first year and this girl was an insignificant unsorted girl.

"Its going good...." Sam said lying, he dreaded going into Borgin and Borkes. He was about to say something when Hoshi physically attacked Amarante. Sam looked at Toni in shock. He was about to pull Hoshi off when Amarante whipped out her wand and stunned Hoshi. Sam had read about that spell. He looked at Toni again. He didn't know what to do, he couldn't help Hoshi. He waited to see what would happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back