Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
too young to care
Wand
Curly 11" Flexible Cypress Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Leonardo had heard about the Yuleball, and knew this was an important school dance. it was a ball. Leonardo had one suit with him for exactly this occasion, and he knew for certain that this wasn't going to be like the halloween celebration. This was going to be a proper ball, with dancing and fancy clothes and like fancier food. All in all, a ball. Leonardo's grandfather had always talked about how it was important to have a date for the celebrations, and he hadn't done so for halloween, with good reason, but he didn't want to be dateless for the first important actual formal for the year. But, he had also not yet really managed to find one, and he didn't want to make things awkward by asking his dormmate. He was at the entrance hall as lunch got started, with a set of hand written cards, with 'Leonardo Orr, 11, Hufflepuff. Looking for a yuleball date. If interested, send an owl.' and was intending to hand them to any of the first years he spotted going into the hall. It was perhaps not the way most would do it, and he hadn't managed to hand one out yet with his own nervousness making it difficult for him, but he just felt it was important to have a date.

Gwen headed to the Great Hall with a skip in her step, eager to get some food. She had been studying for the exams, htough she was now allowing herself to take a break, especially as she was pretty hungry. But as she neared the great hall, she saw a boy lingering near the door, one of her classmates. He was holding something, and Gwen slowed down curiously. "Hi! Leonardo right? What are you doing?" She asked him, glancing at the cards he was holding. "Are these invitations to your birthday or something?"

Leonardo didn't know the girl that approached him well, she was in the classes he shared with Slytherin and if he was right in remembering her name it was Gwen or Jen, something like that. He nodded at her getting his name, but before he could answer the question she kept going. "My birthday is in June," he stated as if she should already know that, with his nervousness there was little filter. "I'm looking for a date for the yuleball, it would be impolite of me to not have a date," he held out one of the cards to her, but didn't outright ask her if she wanted to go. "I am an EE average student but didn't want to include that since it won't be confirmed until after the exams,"

Gwen was a bit surprised by the boy's blunt response as he told her his birthday was in June. Like she was supposed to know that. "Oh." Was all she said. When he told her what he was doing exactly, she couldn't help the slight giggle that escaped her. "Wait, you're handing out cards for a date?" She asked, biting her lip. "Why don't you just ask someone?" She blinked. "Impolite? Why?" She giggled again when he brought up his grades. "I don't think your grades matter for dancing." She said with a slight smile. This boy was clearly a bit weird, but Gwen was amused. It was also pretty bold of him to ask for a date so openly. She grabbed the card and took a moment to read it. "If you want, I could go with you." She offered after debating it for a moment. She didn't think this boy was very cool to be seen with, but how many first years would have a date already? She'd definitely stand out. And it would be like an act of charity, as she figured most reasonable people would probably laugh at this boy's attempt to get a date.

Leonardo nodded at her questions, they made sense to ask but he felt a little awkward repeating that he didn't have anyone he felt confident asking, "I don't want to put pressure on people to agree to it...," he stated, as in part he hadn't wanted to make any of the people he knew feel pressured to say yes out of a friendship obligation. "It's a formal dance....turning up alone...isn't it...like bad?" he'd said it was impolite because his grandfather had always said it, but he wasn't entirely sure why. leonardo made a mental note that his grades wouldn't maybe sway people but then he might not need to, if this girl was offering to go with him instead. "Would you want to go with me?" he reutrned the question, he would want her to come with him, but he wanted her to want it too. "If you do, then I do too,"

Gwen smiled a bit as the boy explained why he hadn't asked someone. She guessed he wasn't close enough to anyone to ask, which was a bit sad. She shrugged. "I don't think many first years will have a date." She said. "It's pretty cool if you do, but I don't think it's bad if you don't." She considered the boy for a moment. He wasn't terrible looking, and Gwen could always say she had gone with him because she felt bad for him. There wasn't really wany way she would come out of this looking bad. She smiled and nodded. "Sure! I'd be happy to go with you." She told him. "It's a shame of all those cards, you worked so hard on them." She said. "Can I have one?" If nothing else, it was something to giggle about with her roommates later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back