It's on like Donkey Kong! 🐝
OOC First Name
Donna
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Open After Rowan

Bea sat with the flowers she had picked spread out in front of her. She had picked them secretly, hoping no one was watching, because she had a feeling that she wasn't actually supposed to be picking the flowers, but they looked so pretty and she just wanted to have some next to her bed. Her dad usually let her pick flowers when they went for a walk, and her mother was always so appreciative of them, but for some reason picking from this garden didn't particularly feel legal.
But now that the Gryffindor girl sat with them, she wasn't sure that she liked the deep purple mixing with the oranges; it wasn't entirely the look she was going for. Feeling like she had some time to spare, Bea leaned forward and separated the pastels from the neons, and put the colours that matched next to each other. She wasn't sure what she was going to do with one set of the flowers - she was probably going to keep the brighter ones, but as for the pastels; she knew Riley nor Ben would appreciate them...perhaps they'd have to go to Aunty Cyndi. Bea hummed to herself as she started putting the brighter flowers together, swapping their positions until she was sure they looked perfect.

Summer had never been Maggi's favourite season... it got too hot to dance without fans on constantly, and she didn't enjoy the down time from her passions. The sunshine was nice when you were outside though, and with so little she could do when it came to her dreams, she figured she may as well take some time to enjoy the outdoors and see what nature Hogwarts had to offer. She was wandering down through the gardens, quietly thinking they were quite pretty, when she spotted one of her roommates clearly engaged in some kind of puzzle. Wandering closer, Maggi realised Bea had a ton of flowers laid out in front of her, and it looked like she was working on bouquets of some kind. "What're you doing?" She asked curiously, leaning over Bea's head to see how she had arranged the flowers.

The sudden sound of a voice startled Bea, especially the question that was asked. Bea threw the flower she was holding away from her, loudly replying, "NOTHING!" as innocently as she could imagine - which wasn't that innocent at all. Her heart slowed it's racing somewhat when she turned to see who it was. "Merlin Maggi. I nearly died. Like you proper, nearly killed me and I would have been dead. And it would have been your fault, and you would have to tell my parents and my brother and to be honest I don't think he would survive without me. He like, needs me in his life. He likes to pretend he doesn't because he's older, but I once told him he was adopted and he nearly cried and I'm pretty sure it's just because he was upset he wouldn't be related to me anymore. He is though. Related I mean. He's not adopted. Anyway, what're you up to?"

Maggi couldn't help giggling at Bea's reaction, laughing even more as her roommate carried on and on in her nerves. "Oh my god, it's fine!" Maggi laughed cheerfully, dropping down to sit on the grass next to Bea. "I was just going for a walk, it's so boring inside." She commented, leaning forward to pick up the flower Bea had thrown away. "What are you doing with these?" She asked again, hoping to get an answer now that Bea was less alarmed. "It looks fun."

Bea lit up when Maggi sat down next to her, happy to have the company. Her heart slowed down to a reasonable rate, and she nodded in agreement to Maggi's comment about inside being boring. She didn't whole heartedly agree, Hogwarts was incredibly interesting and probably had a lot to be discovered, but Bea definitely liked being outside more, with nature and sunshine. Looking down at the flowers again, Bea reached forward to gather the one that she threw away. "I'm trying to put them together so that they look pretty. Some of the colours don't really go together, and some do, but they aren't exactly the look I'm trying to get. I don't usually have so many colours to choose from! But there are so many here - I hope the gardeners don't mind me taking some of the flowers, I couldn't help myself. I want to put some flowers next to my bed! They look so pretty. And then, I was thinking about giving some to Aunty Cyndi, but I can make you some if you like??"

Maggi peered over the flowers as Bea explained her plans, nodding thoughtfully. "That's a good idea!" She said in agreement, setting the flower she had picked up back down. "Do you want some help arranging them?" Maggi didn't know the first thing about flowers but she was eager to try, and surely you couldn't go wrong with something as pretty as flowers. "We should pick strong ones for your auntie, so they don't get damaged by the owl." She added, wondering if she should send some flowers home to her family too.

Bea grinned at Maggi's statement, she definitely thought it was a good idea too. She nodded her head, agreeing to Maggi's help. She giggled at Maggi's comment about the owl. "It won't go by owl silly! I'll just take it to her office. Aunt Cyndi is the Head of my House!" Bea told her friend, passing her a couple of orange flowers, moving some pastel blues closer to her, putting them with the whites. "She's not my actual Aunty, but dad says it's polite to call her aunt, I see her a lot, like outside of school, so it's cool to have her here, and as my head of house too!"

Maggi's eyes widened as Bea explained who her auntie was, putting the pieces together quickly. "Woah!" She said in surprise, wondering what it would be like to have family at Hogwarts. "That's so cool! Does Professor Kingsley give you... special stuff? Like... I dunno." She paused, trying to think of what kind of special benefits you could get being related to the head of your house. "Like... your own special chair in the common room or something?"

"No! But that's a great idea! I'm definitely going to go and demand one now." Bea decided. "I don't get anything! You'd think that I'd deserve some sort of special recognition; I mean she knows what my family is like and still doesn't offer me extra love to make up for it." Bea teased. She held up the white and blue flowers, grabbing a couple of light purple ones to add in. "Maybe once I give her some flowers she'll change her mind. I'll try get something for you to! What do you want? Do you want a special chair too? I'll tell her you helped with the flowers."

Maggi giggled as Bea took her idea and ran with it, though the other girl's comment about her family made Maggi pause. "What's wrong with your family?" She asked a little hesitantly, hoping it wasn't overstepping a boundary to ask. She knew some people were sensitive about their families, but didn't know how to approach asking, if Bea was the one bringing it up. She giggled when the other girl offered to ask for her to have a special chair. "Oh my god, yeahhh!" She grinned in excitement. "We can sit together in our special chairs at house meetings and make everyone else jealous!"

Bea paused, having already forgotten what she had said about her family. "Oh no! Nothing's wrong it's just...you know... families!" Bea laughed. "My dad used to be an Auror, but now he just stays at home. My aunty is younger than me and named after my sister who I never met! But that's a huge other story, I don't really know much about it, I don't think dad likes talking about it and mom usually just 'shhhs' me when I ask. But I didn't really mean that, I was just joking." Bea said, laughing again as she rearranged some of the flowers. She giggled at Maggi's comment about making everyone jealous. "Well I don't know if you were joking, but now we have to make sure we do that."

Maggi couldn't help her eyes boggling slightly as Bea described her family situation. "Oh, wow..." She said, a little awestruck. It sounded horribly complicated, and Maggi for the first time was quite glad to be an only child. Just her, mum and dad, and of course Chip and his family. Easy. She giggled lightly at Bea's comment about the chairs. "Oh, totally." Maggi agreed, not quite able to tell if the other girl was joking herself. Not that it mattered, really. Getting their own chairs would be pretty special, and why not try it? If Bea was related to the Head of House, surely it was possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back