Long Overdue

Kate Archer

OOC First Name
Johanna
Wand
Knotted 16 1/2 Inch Sturdy Cherry Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Kate had been in New Zealand for the last couple of months and she had to admit she did love it here. She was glad she had decided to stay here with Stefan. She did miss traveling around the world, it had been amazing experience until it had been cut short. There had been no lasting injuries, the healers in Saint Mungo's had fixed everything the muggle hospital had been unable to. She had been very tired for the first few days but she had been full recovered for a while now and she was trying to decide what she wanted to do next with her life. She was supposed to be still traveling so she had no plans for the rest of the year which meant she was relaxing and helping Stefan fix the house. She had been adding more homely touches to the center rooms in the house. It was feeling more homey now and Kate couldn't be happier. Sure she still had some plans to do some traveling but she was going to settle here for a while and try and decide what she wanted to do with her life.

She was walking along the streets of the Obsidian Harbor. She was doing a small bit of shopping. Now she was staying at Stefan's she had decided to fill the kitchen. It had been fairly depleted and though she hadn't overdone it with filling the kitchen, in Kate's mind there was now just enough. She was here today to meet Sara. The two hadn't talked in a while and she was excited to find out about Sara's new job. She was glad her sister had gotten accepted. Star and Ryan didn't have much longer left in Hogwarts, soon there would be no Moon's left in the school and the thought saddened Kate a bit but she was happy with her new life, outside the school. They were meeting in a small cafe on the outskirts of the town. Having time to spend here she had found little restaurants and cafes that she loved to visit. This place was one of her favorites. She walked in and found a table, she was a bit early. She ordered herself a cup of tea and bun with icing and sprinkles. Once she had ordered she sat down and waited for Sara to arrive.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry this took so long :r sorry it tisn't the best either..

Sara apparated, completely flustered; "Merlin's pants!" she exclaimed, falling as she appeared in Obsidian Harbour. At least she hadn't splinched. She'd had to rush from work to get here, but she hadn't seen Kate in so long, and she'd only just found out about her accident. She ran a hand through her hair. She was wearing jeggings, a long top and thigh-high boots. Perfect for training. Not quite reminiscent of her girly outfits of the past, but she tried to inject some femininity when she could. Patterned hairband, or t-shirt. Now, Kate had told her the name of the café... What wait? She'd written it down, riffling through her her bag, she pulled out the piece of paper, stopped an elderly woman to ask for directions, and was on her way. Finally, she was going to see her sister. Here's hoping she was okay. She'd met with Stefan recently; and he'd seemed much better, and she had no doubt that Kate was a big part of that. Arriving at thee door, she took a deep breathe before entering. She was the eldest, and she'd been doing a shabby job of looking after her siblings recently.

She saw Kate immediately and walked over to her, leaning down to give her a hug "Hey Kate." she smiled, but she was worried. "Are you okay? I'm so sorry I didn't hear about the Earthquake until recently. I've been stuck in training and I haven't seen anyone. Mam and Dad said you were much better, but seriously Kate; how are you?" she asked, sitting down, and putting down her bag. "It's been too long. I saw Stefan recently actually, he looks much better." she grinned, looking up as a waitress approached. "A cappuchino, and um... a chocolate cupcake." she ordered, beaming at the woman as she walked away. She could eat a lot more fattening things now. She didn't have to watch her weight, her training kept her fit. "You look good." he commented, nodding happily. At least Kate didn't look ill. She still didn't understand why their parent's hadn't contacted her. They said it was because she was so hard to reach, an that Kate wasn't actually badly hurt, but still.. She felt as though they still thought that they had to shield and protect her. She was an adult now. She could handle herself.

Kate had some idea as to what she would like to do. As much as she loved relaxing she wanted to try something new. he hadn't thought about it properly, it was only an idea, she had never really considered it realistically before. She would start looking up places when she got home. She had bought herself a laptop recently. Where Stefan's house was situated, it didn't have top class wifi but Kate was patient. It did the job where she was concerned. She didn't use it much anyways. Kate had always loved singing, ever since she was a little girl. When she went to Hogwarts she kind of forgot about it. But since leaving she had considered her options as to what to do with her life. This was just one and she was going to try it out. If she didn't go anywhere with it she didn't mind but at least could say she had tried, she might even enjoy it for however long it lasted.It would be a fun experience, she hoped, that was if she could make contact with anyone. She didn't know much about music in New Zealand.

Kate smiled when Sara hugged her "Hey Sara"She said, Kate waved Sara's worry away "Don't worry about me, I'm fine. The doctors and nurses in the hospital in Japan and the healers in St Mungo's were amazing and I'm all better"She said. Kate was glad that Sara was busy with her new job. She was delighted that Sara had been accepted. "He is much better"Kate said, taking a sup of her tea, he was much better but he still had a bit to go. Kate would be with him every step of the way though. Kate took a bit of her bun, it was delicious. Kate was still thin, she didn't think she'd ever gain back all the weight she'd lost but she didn't look sick or scarily thin as she once had. "How about you Sara, how have you been?"Kate asked smiling. Her parents hadn't told anyone about Kate's incident. Kate had been told that a letter had been sent to Star and Ryan, Kate was looking forward to seeing the two. She missed them.

Sara grinned at her sister. She found it much easier to get along with her when they didn't have to spend as much time together; as though the pasts problems were diluted by distance. She missed the former closeness of her family, but she was incredibly proud of her younger siblings; they were graduating this year. She hoped Ryan was doing better. According to Mam and Dad he was, but Ryan was her brother; he was well able to hide his feelings. She hadn't told anyone about meeting up with Kate, not Kiefer, or Faxen. She didn't want to burden them with the things that worried her. She'd been able to talk to Kiefer about her problems with her parent's expectations, but talking about Kate was more complicated, and she was at peace with the things that had happened with her twin. Fixing her hair, she raised an eyebrow at her sister; "It's weird, thinking of you being well so soon; even after years in the wizarding world, I'm still used to the muggle idea of it taking months, and years of physio before you'd recover." she smiled, winking at the waiter who delivered her order, and thanking him.

"Yeah; you know, it's just wonderful to see him happy. Nobody deserves it more than he does; and you're a big part of that Kate." she smiled, sipping her cappuchino, and inhaling the wonderful scent. She paused before answering Kate's question; trying to think of he best way to mange to be truthful without letting Kate know about her partying. "They're keeping me busy with training. I've been at it for about eight months now, and I'm taking extra herbology help. I'm working till late, so it's actually quite unusual for me to be out this early! But, I was able to shift around a few things. All in all, quite good. How about you-any news?" she asked, picking up her spoon, and taking a spoonful of her cupcake. She grinned at her sister for a moment, and said "Have you ever wondered about how odd it is that all four of us had magic; I've been thinking about it; especially with the twins graduating. Perhaps there was a wizard or witch somewhere in our family that we didn't know about." she mused after swallowing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back