Loitering in the Dungeons

The smile on Charlies face widened, revealing a set of yellowing, blood stained teeth. He nodded.

"Blood... Delicious blood. Your blood."

Athene cast a quick, furtive glance at Bellatrix before raising her wand at the boy.
"Who are you?" she asked, her voice shaking slightly.

"Athene!" she snapped furriously. "There is no reason to be rude to our yougng guest. It may be the last thing you do!"

Athene nearly snorted, but instead she said, without taking her eyes off of the child. "Bellatrix, I don't think being polite will change his opinion of us. He's obviously completely off his rocker."

Athene let out an exhasperated sigh.
"Because I don't want to die, Bellatrix. Who are you?" She repeated a little louder at the boy.

A small sliver of saliva dribbled from Charlie's open mouth, but he didn't seem to notice, or didn't seem to care.

"I am Charlie," he said simply. He giggled maniacally, his eyes alight in some kind of personal humor. "And you are in my Dungeons."

Charlie looked momentaroly confused, but recovered quickly and shook his head.
"Charlie's Dungeons."

"Bellatrix, perhaps we should leave." Not that i'm scared or anything... she added inwardly, more to convince herself than anything. She lifted her wand higher.

"I fear you are incorrect." she stated harshly and almost motherly to Charlie. "...wait one moment Athene..." she whispered softly.

Ford had been wandering the dungeons of late, as they were not well frequented by the other students, and it allowed him some time of peace and quiet. He had been walking silently when he heard the echoed chatter of some students. He recognized two of the voices easily enough, Athene and Bellatrix. However there was a third, unfamiliar voice, but he heard what it said. Sighing to himself, he rounded a corner in the seemingly labyrinthine dungeons to see the two students he had predicted and the ghost of a child, presumable the origin of the third voice. Another ghost? He thought to himself, These things are everywhere.

"It seems as though many lay claim to these dungeons," Ford said boredly. His previous interactions with Bellatrix and Athene had not been...positive. And he was loath to enter into this scene, but he reluctantly supposed that as Prefect, he should make some attempt at using his authority.

Charlie narrowed his eyes at the boy, and as Bellatrix turned out to look at him, he vanished silently through the wall.

"Well that was fun, ghost, we'll have to meet up again," he bid the ghost farewell, his voice rich with irritation and sarcasm. His expression was, as per usual, arrogant and bored.

Bloody ghosts. He thought to himself as he leaned against a wall and crossed his arms over his chest, "Who was that?"

"Charlie, eh," Ford questioned rhetorically, "Soon there is going to be a ghostly war down here for control of the dungeons," he spat in an uncaring tone.

Athene turned to Ford. "There are other ghosts in the dungeons?" she asked. "I haven't seen any."

"Indeed there are," Ford acknowledged Bellatrix's comment offhandedly, "However, I know of two that believe this castle to be theirs. They don't come around that often; I get the distinct feeling they do not appreciate our presence."

Through the spot where the child-ghost had disappeared into the wall a taller, battleworn ghost slowly floated through the wall. He recognized two of the children present, but the youngest was unknown to him. Staring down at them, he demanded in a deep voice, "Who are you, child?" He voice was calm and not angry, but carried a compulsion behind it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back