Loitering in the Dungeons

Athene Perthro

Athene liked it down here, where it was cool and quite. Not many people hung out in the dungeons, for the very same reasons that Athene chose to visit. It was also said to be dangerous, but Athene hadn't come across anything remotely frightening in all the times she had spent here. Probably just a myth, devised by the teachers in order to stop the younger students from getting lost.

Artemis was wrapped around Athene's neck, her thin, scaled body the very same shade of eerie green as the mist that the dungeon ceiling emitted. She hissed softly as Athene patted her head.
"Hungry..." The snake said in it's hissing tongue, and Athene sighed.
"Your always hungry." But, she took from her bag a small white mouse anyway. It squeaked loudly, and squirmed in her fingers.

Bellatrix was wandering the depths of the dungeons when she came across a young Slytherin. She didn't know this girl, nor did she really care to get to know the younger students. But this one seemed different....more to Bellatrix's liking. She gazed at the snake around the girls necks and sneered. "Well well well, who do we have here?"

Athene paused, still holding the squealing mouse. A girl Athene recognized from the common room had just rounded the corner. Last time Athene had seen her, she had been bound to a chair.

She narrowed her eyes slightly, but a small smirk played on her thin lips.

"Hello Bellatrix," she said. It wasn't hard to recall the girls name, as it was quite infamous, and she had heard it often enough.

"Athene Perthro," she said coolly, her voice crisp and echoed against the dank walls. "I saw your... performance... in the common room. I was very impressed."

"You should be..." she said. "And its a pleasure...Athene Perthro...you seem to appreciate good work of a pure blood, I hope you are one your self."

"Don't insult me. Of course I am," said Athene, her lips twitching slightly to a smile. Finally, she thought. It looked like she had met someone worth knowing. "There isn't a single drop of muggle blood in my family." If you exclude Caysi, she added to herself, thinking with an inward cringe of the Hufflepuff student.

"I would never intend to insult someone of your....stature..." she said. "It is finally nice to meet a worthy pure blood at this school, and not a hit of mud blood, perfect! Now there aren't' any blood traitors in such a noble blood line, now is there?"

Athene snorted. "Of course not. None that are kept on our tree anyway. We know how to prune it."

Athene couldn't help the nasty grin on her face, and her eyes glittered evily. "It looks like you and I think alike, Miss Green."

"It seems so..." she said stepping closer to her. She slowly reached her hand to towards the snake. "Whats the snakes name?" she asked softly thinking of the Dark Lord and his Nagini.

Artemis hissed at Bellatrix, but not unfriendly.
"Artemis," said Athene, "the huntress." She suddenly remembered the squirming mouse in her fingers, and holding it by the tail, offered it to the snake. Artemis snatched it up, crushing the small rodent in it's fangs and splattering blood on Athene's cheek.

Athene tsk'd warmly.

"Artemis...how beautiful..." Bellatrix said softly stroking the snakes head once the meal was finished. "...I am in the presence of two great huntresses...how honored..."

Charlie stood in the shadows, his eyes flashing and mouth slightly parted. He could hear the girls breath, allmost feel it. His own breath rattled in his throat heavily.
He took a step forward, his chains clanking loudly on the floor, and another slow step, his eyes fixed on the pair.

Upon hearing the rattle of the chains, Athene stood stock still. They were coming from behind her. The suddenness of it all made her take a quick, sharp intake of breath. She looked at up at Bellatrix, who was about a foot taller than her, to see what the older girl made of it. She did not turn around.

She swiftly turned a dignified look upon her face. "Who is there." she said in an unchanged harsh tone. "We are Pure Blood Slytherins, thus no harm shall come to us!"

Charlie shuffled out of the darkness, his face twisted with pleasure.
"Blood..." he cooed, "Sweet, red, blood." His chains rattled, and his breath sounded loudly in the enclosed space.
"Sweet, sweet blood."

Athene wheeled around to look at it, whatever it was, and found herself face to face with a boy nearly as tall as herself, but obviously a few years younger. He had an ominous look about him, and Athene took an unconscious step back, so that she was level with Bellatrix.

"Who is he?" she asked.

"Something that haunts the school...I'm guessing...." she said softly to Athene. "I have never come across him though...so I am guessing he is new..."

"Yes...." Bellatrix cooed back to Charlie, as if to entice him enough, so he could trust her, and they could learn from each other. "Yes...sweet....deep red....thicker than water....blood..."

ooc: Wow this freakin spooky :-SS

Athene laughed, although without amusement. "I really don't think tempting him is going to help much," she muttered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back