Liz and Estrella

Elizabeth Malfoy

Liz had been silent for most of the broom ride, which was a considerable amount of time. So when she turned to Estrella, and said "We're here! Let's land over on the lawn." it surprised her to hear her own voice.

Estrella landed on the lawn with a thud, her whole body aching with weariness and her muscles stretched, having not flown on a broom for quite a while. She gasped, "I think it's best if we keep this hush hush. Agree?" Her expression was flustered.

Liz nodded, and stepped off her broom. She staggered a bit, and then stood. "I won't tell anyone" she said, feeling a tear on her cheek. She wiped it off, hoping Estrella hadn't seen.

Estrella could only hug Liz. She had seen the tear on her face, and could tell that Liz was trying to hide it. "Are you okay?" she asked quietly, her expression warm and concerned. "You can tell me anything."

Liz sat down, and bit her lip, crying gently. "I need you to promise me two things. One, that you won't tell anyone. Two, that you won't hate me."

She was glad to have Estrella as a friend. There were few people that Liz would trust with this, and Estrella was one.

"Why would I hate you, and why would I ever tell?" Estrella said with a smile. "I never would betray you like that. I'm not much in a position to hate anyone, and I can understand anything. My father is a death eater, for merlin's sake!" She listened patiently for Liz's reply.

Liz couldn't bring herself to meet Estrella in the eyes. "Your father might be a death eater... but I think I'm in love with one." she whispered. "I miss him"

Estrella hugged Liz. "Which one?" she asked interestedly. When there was a moment of silence, she speculated quietly, "Garett?"

Liz bit her lip and blinked heavily. "Garett" she nodded. "I can't believe it... I mean, he's with a group that supports everything I'm against. But.." she paused, "He's different. We'd been talking every day at the manor."

"I knew it!" Estrella exclaimed, and smiled. "I don't blame you, he was very cute." She grinned broadly. "Who else was there for you to talk to?" she snorted. "You couldn't exactly crush on Vladmir."

Liz gagged. "I could, but then I'd have to inform grandfather that all those curses left me with severe brain damage." she wiped her tears away and grinned. "It's okay though... I'm sure I'll see Garett again. I have to." she stared out across the lawn

Estrella hugged Liz, and then backed off, worried that maybe she was being too huggy. She got like that sometimes. "School's starting soon," she drawled, staring at the castle. "I still can't believe we've made it here without being followed."

Liz nodded. "Yeah... which worries me. They're going to try to get us again. I mean, they wouldn't spend so much energy holding us there, just to let us go." she bit her lip. "But at Hogwarts, we're safe. Right?"

"Yeah," Estrella replied. "I don't think Alicia would let anyone in here." She smiled, but she was afraid that her eyes would betray her. Honestly, she wasn't sure what was and wasn't safe.

Turning to look at the castle, Estrella asked Liz, "Well, want to go inside? I'm so tired right now, you wouldn't believe it. I'll walk with you up to Gryffindor tower; I have to visit the Owlery anyways. Carlisle at least deserves a letter and Harper a visit."

Walking to the castle with her distraught friend, the pale sunlight of dawn illuminating their faces, Estrella and Liz finally returned to the one place that they were pretty sure they would be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back