OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Wand
Knotted 13" Sturdy Yew Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Jerara had been awake most of the night, his hours after leaving school had definitely shifted quite a lot, without school to keep him to a schedule and the only thing he had to worry about being work, which wasn't always consistent, it just gave him so much more time to read at all hours of the day. The former head boy was surrounded with books, and he had his notes next to him, writing down things he wanted to read further and other things that interested him. He had books piled high in every corner and surface in the room. It was the only thing he was really spending any money on. He wasn't interested in anything else. Books about subjects he hadn't read about in school were what interest him. The man rubbed his eyes tiredly and he realised he needed some some coffee. He ran his eyes around the room. The morning light was beginning to come in through the window. He hadn't even noticed the shifting light in his bedroom. It was a small room, of course it was, it was all that he and Tristan could afford, but was good and surprisingly living with him had been pretty good. Despite all of their issues, there was no one that Jerara liked as much as he liked Tristan. He needed to reach out to Ellie probably some time soon.
Jerara closed over the book, he'd been at a scit meeting that night, he'd learned a whole bunch about it and had been keen to try and learn more about some of the things that they'd been talking about, which was why he'd started reading so much when he'd gotten in. There were so much in his head from it. Of course he hadn't brought up his activity to Tristan, his roommate worked for the ministry so he knew it wouldn't be a good idea for him to know. He'd waited until Tristan had been accepted to the ministry before seeking it out, then at least there was some deniability for him should the information get out. He stood up and stretched his stiff limbs before he walked out his room. He made his way to the kitchen they shared and began preparing the coffee. A small glance at his watch, he realised that Tristan would probably be up soon. He made the coffee and pour it in two cups, the cups magically enhanced to keep the drinks warm. He had work later in the day, in the afternoon, he could read another chapter and then get some sleep before his shift. He heard Tristan's door as it opened, "Morning, time to work for the man?" Jerara joked with a smile, taking one of the cups and holding out a cup to his friend.

Tristan had dreaded the prospect of moving back in with his parents, practically being part of the muggle world again. But thankfully, he'd found a solution before that had become necessary. With his savings from his job at Scrivenshaft's and his first paycheck from the Ministry, Tristan had been able to get a place with Jerara. He had been a bit resentful of the other boy during his final year at Hogwarts, but in the end, Jerara had proven to be his only true friend. He was the only person Tristan could imagine living with right now, even if there was a tiny part of him that sometimes wondered what it would be like to wake up next to Vivian each day. Most of the time, he simply pushed that thought away.

After waking up, Tristan went through his normal morning routine. He spent most of his attention on his hair, and smiled at his reflection in the mirror when he was done. He knew he looked nice, and was looking forward to another day at work. Tristan felt like he was made for the Ministry, he really enjoyed the work he did and the structure of it all. He hoped he would soon be able to rise through the ranks, so to speak. Tristan yawned as he left his room and entered the kitchen. He rolled his eyes at Jerara's comment. "Morning, yes. Time for you to sleep instead of being a productive member of society?" He asked in return, taking the coffee from his friend. "You know you could do all that reading during the day, and then sleep at night. I think humans were made to function that way." Truthfully, he didn't know much about Jerara's life. He figured the boy was doing whatever he liked, though Tristan did wonder about it a little. But Jerara's vague answers indicated he didn't want to get into detail, and Tristan didn't want to destroy the balance of their living situation.

Last edited:
Jerara couldn’t help the little smile which reached his relatively tired features, watching as he took the coffee from his hand and made a remark about Jerara’s own sleeping pattern. Jerara laughed lightly, ”All the best ideas come at night!” it just didn’t help with his new freedom and his work he didn’t have to worry all that much about being a function member of society, instead he could follow every whim and thread to his hearts content. He’d come in from the meeting alive with curious energy, even if he had wanted to sleep he wouldn’t have been able to, so he’d used the time, in his mind wisely. He had the freedom to now, he wasn’t going to waste it in the slightest. ”Plus, there’s no time to read during the day, what with all the sleep I have to get,” Jerara joked as he raised his own coffee to his lips and took a sip. ”I didn’t wake you though? I came in pretty late last night,” Jerara had spent more time at the meeting than he had thought he might, and he didn’t really want to bother Tristan by waking him up at night when he was trying to keep the meetings he was attending private from his ministry official friend.

Jerara hadn’t really been moving his life forward as Tristan had, not when he believed there was still so much that he needed to learn, not when there were so many things that he wanted to read about and so many things that he wanted to do that would only be hindered by an actual human grown up job. He made his share of the rent and that was all that mattered. ”Whats on the work agenda for you today? Meetings? Memos?” he took another sip of his coffee, before placing it down and hopping up to sit on the counter next to it. He knew taking a little reading break was good for his eyes and he would likely take a nap after this. He had some plans of his owns to switch to a slightly better job, slightly more suited to him, but Jerara would first need a little sleep.

Tristan rolled his eyes at Jerara’s comment about ideas. “I think it’s more that all ideas seem like good ideas when you’re tired.” He argued weakly, but then he sighed. It wasn’t really worth arguing. Tristan settled into a seat and took a sip of his coffee. Jerara was always going to do whatever he wanted, he had always done his own thing. Tristan snorted at his joke, then glanced at his watch. At least he had a bit of time before he had to go. “I didn’t hear anything.” He said, then casually asked. “Where did you go so late? Don’t tell me you’re suddenly having wild parties all night.” Jerara didn’t seem like the type for that, but Tristan couldn’t really imagine what else he was doing all night. He raised his eyebrow. “Or did you meet up with that Ellie girl?” He knew Jerara had dated an older girl while at Hogwarts, but since the girl had graduated he hadn’t heard Jerara mention her much. “You don’t have to be secretive about that sort of thing, you know.” He added, though there was a part of him that instinctively felt this was something different. He knew Jerara had unconventional interests, and could only hope he wasn’t getting in any trouble. But as someone who worked for the office of International Law at the ministry, he would also rather not know if he was. He grabbed a quick breakfast and shrugged when Jerara asked him what was on the agenda for today. “All those things, probably. Doesn’t sound exciting enough to you?” He asked him with a slight smile. “No regrets for burning that bridge by giving that speech in front of the Minister?”

Jerara laughed lightly at his comment, ”You’ve certainly got me there,” Jerara took a long drink of his coffee. He knew that despite Tristan’s interest about what Jerara was doing, he couldn’t actually tell him. Jerara gave a little smirk, ”Would you believe me if I said I found a great all night book shop?” he said to him, he hadn’t of course found that, though he had to admit the people he was now around at times were certainly proving to be interesting. They were the sort of people that he found interesting, the sort of people who had the books and knowledge that Jerara was keen for. At the second question and the added comment he gave a small laugh, ”I haven’t reached out yet, I’m a little nervous, I mean, so much time has passed, she might’ve found someone better?” he replied honestly, though avoiding addressing the secretive element of what Tristan had said. He knew he needed to reach out to her, but in his new found freedom he hadn’t yet. He listened as Tristan returned his jib about ministry working before shaking his head, ”Come on, if I ever do for a job in the ministry they’ll already know my name,” Jerara couldn’t help the fact he was rather proud of his speech, he was rather proud that he’d given it in front of all those people, especially the minister for magic. ”Plus, I got a new job, no more honeydukes. It’s still a store assistant but it pays fractionally more money and has even more flexible hours and thankfully not one memo ever,” Jerara sipped at his coffee before placing it down on the counter and stretching lightly. ”It’ll fit great around all my numerous hobbies,”

Tristan rolled his eyes as Jerara asked if he would believe if he had found an all night book shop. Of course he knew that wasn't it, but clearly Jerara wasn't going to tell him. It made Tristan a little uneasy, but he decided not to push it. It would only be more annoying if he pushed it and Jerara continued not to say anything. It was better to leave it alone. The subject of Jerara's ex girlfriend was much easier to talk about. "Someone new, not someone better." He said confidently. "You're the smartest guy I know, aside from yours truly," he grinned as he sipped his coffee, "who could be better?" He leaned forward a little. "Every day you don't contact her is a day she could run into some other guy she likes. You should just go for it, be confident." Tristan said earnestly. "The question isn't if you're good enough for her, but if she's good enough for you." Tristan didn't know much about this girl, but in his mind, Jerara was definitely a catch for any person. He had never thought about his friend in a romantic way, but he could objectively see that Jerara was brilliant and loyal, he deserved someone good. "No more honeydukes, but still working in a store." Tristan said dismissively. "That's beneath you. We both know it." He scoffed as Jerara mentioned numerous hobbies. He lowered his gaze, frowning down at the table. "Yeah. Late night hobbies." He said. He hadn't wanted to bring Jerara's strange hours up again, but he seemed insistent on mentioning it himself. Why do that if he had no intention of telling him the truth? It was like he was trying to annoy him by being secretive.

Last edited:
Jerara was a little surprised by Tristan’s confidence in him. He hadn’t entirely expected it. He knew they were good friends, but they hadn’t really ever talked about Jerara’s private, romantic life, they’d talked at times about Tristan’s but even then was just in passing. But he gave a small smile to him. ”You are very right,” he found himself saying. He should just reach out, what harm would it do to just reach out to her. What harm would it do to just see how she was. To reconnect and figure out if they could try again. He did still like Ellie despite all the other changes in his life, but she and they could never interact, she was the only person who likely had some right to know and someone he would never tell. Did she have a right to know, he didn’t think it really changed who he was. He just wanted to pursue all avenues of magic. The teen shrugged a little at Tristan’s words, ”Honestly man, I don’t know what I want to do. I feel there so much left unlearnt, you know? I don’t want to commit to any one job unless I’m like certain I want to do it, and nothing, certainly nothing in the ministry appeals to me,” Jerara replied with an honest tone, ”I think magical university of some kind would suit me, but they don’t really have that,” Jerara finished off his coffee, ”I’ll figure it out with time, but for now, working in a store is what I’ll do,” Jerara said with a shrug, perhaps it was a little beneath him, but he liked it and it was decent enough work. He was learning to be independent, on his own, outside of the school and the restrictive rules. He hadn’t decided where he wanted his life to go, so why rush it. ”I mean, what will you do if ten years down the line, you don’t like your job?” The teen asked with a shrug.

As far as Tristan could remember, Jerara had never taken romantic advice from him before. So Tristan was a little surprised when Jerara admitted he was right, and he smiled at his friend. "Just don't get too caught up in a Hogwarts romance. You're both older, it's okay to explore other options." He said with a shrug. "You're not obligated to get back together with your old girlfriend." Jerara had never dated around much, and Tristan thought he was limiting himself unnecessarily. He had a feeling Jerara wouldn't listen to him, but he was glad he had said it anyway. If Jerara stayed with a boring girl, at least it wasn't Tristan's fault. Tristan shrugged as Jerara said there was a lot left to learn. The idea of a magical university would be cool, but Tristan didn't see the point in wanting something that wasn't even real. He sighed. "I just can't imagine that working in the store is all that useful, or that you learn a lot." He said with a shrug. "But it's your life." He noticed that Jerara hadn't commented on Tristan's pointed comment about his mysterious hobbies, and he decided to let it go. Instead, he focused on the question. "Well, I don't intend to have the same job as I do now ten years down the line." He said with a slight smirk. "I'm sure I'll like it fine."

Jerara shrugged a little, he’d argue it wasn’t much of a Hogwarts romance, that he wouldn’t mind if it was even. He liked Ellie, had always liked Ellie and he was hopeful that if he did reach out that they might be able to figure themselves out again, figure who they were independently and together. He needed to figure himself out a little, he needed to figure out what he wanted to do with his life, ”What would I do as ministry job?” Jerara asked, he knew that working in the store wasn’t exactly pushing his life forward but he just felt like he hadn’t done enough, didn’t know where he could end up, ”Keeping in mind I have nine newts with O grades,” He was actually curious to what Tristan would say, curious to what the other boy thought he might be able to do with his life. He had thought about the ministry but nothing there had seemed appealing to him. The department of mysterious seemed like the most interesting, but he figured they didn’t share the information out and wasn’t that a problem? If you were researching something about magic and then never allowed to speak about it freely. Jerara liked where he was at currently, liked what he was doing, it wasn’t amazing but it was necessary work, and he made enough money to live. He didn’t have a lot of disposable income, but he spent most of his money upon books. He knew that Tristan had high plans, could figure it about him. ”It just seems like an awful big commitment before we even know who we are without Hogwarts. It’s okay to explore other options,” Jerara returned Tristan’s earlier statement about ellie back to him about this, though, he could figure that this was just how they both saw it. Jerara wouldn’t mind being with someone like Eliie from Hogwarts and Tristan wouldn’t mind going straight into long term employment.

Tristan noticed that Jerara didn't seem to want to talk about exploring his romantic options. Fine, it wasn't like he had expected the other boy to take his advice. Jerara was surprisingly predictable sometimes. He shrugged when Jerara asked what sort of job at the Ministry he would have. "Something where you can create and explore. I would guess Experimental Charms, or an Unspeakable." He said, nodding after a moment. He could definitely see Jerara as an unspeakable, quietly smug about knowing more than others did. Or maybe not so quietly. Tristan snorted as he reminded him about his grades. "I'm not the one wasting those grades by working in a store." He pointed out, though he couldn't help adding, "and keep in mind that I also had all O's in seven NEWTs. Maybe slightly less impressive, but at least I'm using mine." He countered. Tristan rolled his eyes when Jerara countered with his own words, he glanced at his watch and got up, it was almost time to go. "Listen, I didn't sign an unbreakable contract the moment I stepped into the Ministry. Yes, right now I can see myself working there for the foreseeable future. But if that changes, I'm sure I can find something else." He grinned a bit. "But I really think I can make it here. Maybe in a few decades you can say you once roomed with the Minister of Magic." He said, keeping his tone light and joking to disguise how serious that dream was for him. He put his coffee cup on the counter. "But I won't make it there if I'm late. I'll be heading off now. You should go get some sleep."

Jerara shrugged a little as Tristan listed some of the places he could go, places he could work and while he had thought about both of those departments he just didn’t see the point of keeping the knowledge so insularly contained. He couldn’t understand why Tristan would want to do that, would want to keep such knowledge to himself. It seemed so wrong. There was so much to learn, so much more to do. ”I don’t think I’ve read enough to commit to anything,” he shrugged, ”Even if moveable later, I’m barely 18 I have time to decide carefully what I want every step of the way,” he finished his coffee, as Tristan said a little more. He couldn’t help but laugh lightly at the joke he’d made, Jerara could sense some seriousness behind it. He did know Tristan well enough to figure that that might just be his ultimate desire. ”I’d vote for you,” Jerara told him before putting down his own coffee, ”Have fun today! I’ll sleep when I want,” he retorted getting down from the counter and grabbing both his own mug and tristan’s mug, placing them both within the sink and after lazily grabbing his wand, they began cleaning themselves. He would maybe take a small nap, then send a message to Ellie. He didn’t agree with Tristan about a lot of things, but he was right about ellie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back