OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Knotted 16 1/2" Sturdy Black Walnut Wand with Basilisk Skin Core
Branson didn’t know who his partner for this yuleball was. Well, he knew who they were by name but he had never met them. But he had put in some effort to make a good first impression, a proper suit, his hair slicked back slightly, and he had a blue pocket square which his mother had given him which she said, matched his eyes. He had told the girl that would be what he was wearing so she’d be able to spot him. He was a little nervous, he had gone with Lily last time and that had been really good. It had been someone he knew and liked so of course it had been way easier than anything else. But this, he wouldn’t know them. It was likely to be more awkward and he hoped they wouldn’t mind if he was terrible at dancing in comparison to them. It would be fine, he had faith, it would be fine, they’d have fun. Just waiting for it to get started was nerve wracking to say the least.

Brooke brushed her hair over her shoulder as she made her way up from the dungeons, content that she'd spent just enough time getting ready that she wasn't arriving too early, but not so late to look rude. It was a delicate balance and Brooke was feeling quite pleased as she entered the Great Hall.

"Hi, Branson? I think I recognize you," she said, spotting a nervous second year with the blue pocket square that matched the description she was looking for. She could certainly do worse and Brooke appreciated that she didn't have to spend the evening with someone wearing a t-shirt all night. She was also pretty sure he was the Librarian's kid, who was always a good person to stay on the good side of. "It's all quite a quaint little set up, isn't it," she said, motioning to the school's decorations with a demure smile. "Do you go to a lot of parties and stuff? Maybe with your family?"

Branson looked at the girl that approached him. He gave a slightly nervous smile and nodded. "Hi, you're Brooke?" he was pretty sure this was her, but he couldn't help but nervously ask to be sure. He looked at the hall and smiled, "it's quite something," the boy agreed before shaking his head. "Not really. These things are the first ones we go to," he shrugged a little, maybe a little uncertain if that was the sort of thing she expected him to. "What about you?" he asked, maybe she did with her family.

Brooke nodded back at Branson, brushing her hair over her shoulder again as he greeted her in return. "Must be pretty quiet at home then," she said with a smile, moving over to a nearby snack table and squinting at the offerings, trying to decide if any were worth potentially getting crumbs on her dress. "I've gone to a few nicer parties with my parents. But I did go to that big wedding over the holidays too. That was pretty impressive. Do you know the Fergussons?" Brooke had been pretty pleased about getting invited, especially since it meant she could tout her fancy party experience even more now. No one was impressed if you'd gone to the Yule Ball a few times, but a big wedding with a Pure Blood family was far more impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back