Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 13 Inch Flexible Laurel Wand with Doxy Wing Core
*August, 2048*

Teagan drove a couple of kilometers to where her new apartment was from her University dorm. She was excited because finally, she can be on her own fully without a roommate. As she arrived, she parked just behind the moving truck that she hired to move her belongings, although, some important stuff was with her in the back seat of her car. Her laptop and papers from court. It was too important to be on the moving truck. Teagan gathered all her things before going up to the apartment, she met with the movers and said hello and told them she ordered pizza.

She then went inside and smiled at the concierge, having the keys prior to her moving, she didn't have to stop by. The blonde woman walked toward the lift, her heels clicking as she walked the tiled floor and into the carpeted lift. Once she got to her floor, she immediately found her apartment number and opened the door. Inside was a bit messy, of course, she was moving but the apartment has dishes on the sink.
"Hello?!" Teagan called upon whoever was there, she waited and draw her wand. It was the wrong move but she didn't know who was also there except the movers.

Ben had been given the heads up that someone would be moving into the apartment that morning and he tried to make it look as presentable as possible, but it had been a late night in the office which was common even for a friday night but to not come through the door of his apartment until daylight had broken was certainly not a common occurrence. Ben managed to tidy up a little but the apartment was far from clean and tidy when he heard movement by the door. He grabbed a bunch of items from the kitchen table and ran them into his bedroom and while inside his room he could hear someone enter the apartment and call out.

"Coming," He yelled back. After deciding to just dump the items on his bed Ben made his way back out to the kitchen where the female voice had come from. The landlord hadn't mentioned his new flatmate would be girl. "Hey sorry about the..." He began but his voice trailed off once he spotted the girl. There were two contrasting thought going through his mind when he saw the girl. One, she was breathtakingly beautiful and two, she had what he'd swear was a wand in her hand. Was she a witch? Ben instinctively reached into his back pocket and drew his own wand but held it down at his side. Why was the girl so on edge? "You gonna put that thing away?" Ben asked nodding his head at the wand in her hand. "I'm Ben, you must be my new flatmate,"

It was supposed to be just her and the movers that day. Wand still draw, Teagan was about to step in deeper inside her flat. When a man's voice sounded from down the hall. The blonde woman raised her wand as a figure emerge. The man was tall and handsome. Although, his face looked tired. Obviously he saw what was she holding, she was about to perform a quick alteration spell on him when something caught her eyes.

A wand. Teagan's gaze was fixed upon it but she could hear the man telling her if she was going to put her wand away. Her eyebrows furrowed and automatically lowered it down.
"Ben." She whispered. "Flatmate?" Nothing makes sense here, The lady thought. The ad was a single unit flat and not a multiple unit. When everything came in colour, her eyes widen.

"No! No! No! I'm not sharing the flat with someone I don't know. This has got to be a mistake." Teagan was just realizing the cost of the rent and why it was so cheap. It was because of sharing the rent from two tenants. "You're a mistake. There's got to be a mistake in the contract or I'm in the wrong flat." The woman walked outside to read the flat letter and number again, E14. She was in the right flat. The stress on her face was visible when the movers came up with the remaining things.

Teagan was smiling and yet, she wanted to cry when the mover handed her the receiving form from a clipboard. She signed it away and bid them a good day, still smiling. After the place was clear and it was just the two of them. The woman came inside and closed the door behind her. She turned to the man named Ben and folded her arms in front of her chest.
"Okay, what's going on?" Teagan asked calmly this time.

Ben watched as the girl put her wand away and slowly he did the same, at least they wouldn't start cursing each other but it was clear she hadn't been expecting someone else to be in the apartment. "I take it you're surprised to see me," He said calmly. Ben had been expecting a flatmate but that clearly wasn't the case for the girl in front of him. "I guess no one told you someone else lived here," Ben shrugged, there wasn't exactly much he could do in the situation. "I've lived here six months, the only mistake here is yours, sorry if the situation is a disappointment to you but erm, I'm not going anywhere," Ben watched as she folded her arms in front of her chest. "So, do you need a hand unpacking?" He asked.

Bet your bottom I was surprised, She thought frustratingly. The freedom of being alone was imminent and yet, she didn't have it. Maybe it was meant to be or was just plain torture for her. Men are messy but, at least, this one tried to clean as much. Teagan narrowed her eyes at Ben when she told her he's not going anywhere. If that's the game, so does she. She had the security deposit and first month's rent paid already and finding an available apartment in the city was crucial.

I guess I need to live with it. It's only for a year I get to see his face, and I'm off for a semester in France. Her junior year will consist of a semester in a chosen country to study their law. She'll finish that and come back. Teagan sigh and rolled her eyes at him. Help from him is the least she wanted, right now. About to carry a box filled with her law textbooks, someone knocked on the door. The blonde woman groaned and opened the door. The pizza was delivered late and she was given a free pass for her next order.

"Here, it's my housewarming gift to you." Teagan handed the pizza box to Ben and continued to carry the box with heavy books. She didn't get far enough to the hallway when the bottom ripped. Books spilled onto the floor and she could hear herself said, "Yes, Ben. I need help." Her tone sounded tired.

Ben stood and watched as the girl in front of him, who still hadn't introduced herself, processed them information he'd given her. He didn't understand how someone could move into an apartment without knowing someone else was already living there, but that seemed to be the situation she was in. "For me? You shouldn't have," He smirked, taking the pizza box and putting it to one side. Suddenly the bottom of the box gave way and books spilled out onto the floor which caused Teagan to admit she did indeed need help. "You never told me your name," Ben said as he knelt down on the floor and began picking up some of the books. There was an interesting variety to the books he had picked up so far, 'Advance Potion Making', 'Standard book of spells grade 7', then a number of law textbooks, criminal law, constitutional law, family law. "Law student?" He asked as he got to his feet cradling a pile of books in his arms.

Her day was getting badder the moment she stepped inside the apartment. Teagan had no idea how will she explain this to her parents. She was indeed old enough to make her own decisions but the latter were both conservative in anyway. Ben was there quickly, picking up her fallen books. He asked for her name, Teagan had thought of giving a false name but what's the sense of it? "Teagan." She said simply while she kneel down as well, getting a few of the books.

The last name was a big giveaway that every person in London knew of. Sometimes she would just give out her first name and leave out her last. Teagan wasn't embarrassed by it, it was just easy to be normal. When he asked if she was a law student, Teagan nodded.
"On my sophomore year. It's hard but I got to try to pass it." She was already failing public speaking, she might have spoken with high profile politicians but not to a crowd, let alone a jury. "Anyways, where would be my bedroom at? I assume you already took the master bedroom?" Teagan asked, still carrying the heavy books in her hands. "I apologize if our first meeting didn't go well. I wasn't really expecting anyone here." There, she finally said it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back