Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Mahogany, 14 1/2", Essence of Demiguise hair, Bendy
Lily grabbed her broom and headed down to the pitch. She was livid. She had just gotten an owl from Blake. He was gone! She could not believe what she had read. He had just left. And without even saying a word. She stomped on her way, finally getting to the entrance. She looked out at the pitch, glad that it was empty.

Lily jumped on her broom and kicked off. She loved the feeling of being on her broom, and she hoped that it would help to improve her mood. She began to fly as fast as possible, making laps around the pitch in a clockwise motion. She felt tears begin to fall as she flew, not sure if it was her emotions coming through finally or the wind in her eyes from the speed.

Estrella had been flying around on the pitch, off on her own, when all of a sudden, she noticed that Lily was there, and she didn't look alright. Flying slowly up to her, putting on a concerned expression, she inquired, "Is something wrong, Lily?"

Hearing Estrella's voice startled Lily, and she almost fell from the broom. "He. Just. LEFT!" she managed to croak out, panting, trying to catch her breath. She had pulled up to a stop next to Estrella and hovered for a minute.

"Wait, are you talking about Blake?" Estrella asked quietly. "Why did he leave?"

Lily took a deep breath. "I really don't know. I just got an owl stating that he was already gone. I don't know where he is or why he left. It was a very short letter. He just said he was sorry." Her face began to contort in anger again. "Right now I'm sorry too. Sorry that I ever met him!" Lily was not used to being this mad, and she was not handling it well at all.

Estrella hovered in the air, unsure of what to say as her robes whipped around her ankles. "I'm, sorry-" she stammered, thinking about how hard it must be for Lily. What if she had been in Lily's place, and Kale had left her? She wouldn't be able to stand it.

Trying to lift Lily's spirits, she said, "I'd jump over there and give you a hug, but I don't really want to anticipate a grisly death on the Quidditch field, of all places." She knew how hard it was to lose a friend, except Blake probably wasn't dead like Rose was.

Lily tried to force a smile. She knew that Estrella had lost a friend to death back before she had started school here. "Thanks. I just wish he had taken the time to talk to me before he left. I have so many questions." She spun around on her broom, returning to face Estrella again. "Wanna fly? I am feeling the need for speed right now."

"Hell yeah! That's why I'm out here," Estrella laughed. "I would have tons of questions too. And I might wanna slap him silly." Oops, that probably didn't help, she thought to herself, but tried to cover it up with a silly grin. "Did you just wanna fly around? I read in Quidditch Through the Ages about a few different keeper defences; one of them was the Double Eight Loop." Demonstrating, she shot over to the hoops on her Amethyst, circling her hoops at a dangerously high speed three times before zooming back over to Lily. "I have yet to try that out at a practice. There was a lot of stuff for chasers in there too-"

Hovering in front of the hoops, she let herself fall off her broom a bit, hanging on with one arm and one foot, and stretching out her other arm and leg. It might look like a silly defense, but it was supposed to work. "See? Starfish and Stick." She hoped that talking about Quidditch would alleviate Lily's mood a bit.

Lily finally was able to laugh when Estrella suggested slapping Blake silly. "Yeah, that might just work. I sure could go for that!" She watched as Estrella fly a few formations. "What'cha got for me in that book?" She flew over closer to the hoops. As she flew, she looked down at the ring on her hand. It was the one that Blake gave her for Christmas. At least it is not black. "Hey, is it bad that I am happy he is hurting too?" she asked Strella as she moved close, showing her the ring on her finger.

Estrella smirked at Lily. "Probably not; I mean, I don't think I'd feel too sorry for him either." She shrugged. "I can't remember all of the Chaser stuff, besides stuff like the barrel roll. But I can show you it at Ravenclaw tower if you want to!"

((I have a copy of the actual Quidditch through the ages and it has tons of different defences in it. Rowling is amazing.))

Lily thought for a minute. "You know, I think I might have bought that one but never really had a clue on what to do with it. Yeah, we should sit down and go over the plays in there. Maybe we can come up with some other funness to impress the new captian." She flew around the pitch at top speed. She was still wound up and needing to release some energy. "Hey Strella, do you have a quaffle out here? I was thinking we could practice your keeping and my shooting."

((Pulls Quaffle out from underneath shirt, throws it to Lily :oy: ))

"I can grab one from the shed," she said, and without another word, she zoomed down to it, slowing down dangerously just before the shed, but miraculously managed to avoid a collision. Scurrying inside the dark broom shed, she grabbed the bright red ball from the darkness, putting it under her shoulder and jumping back onto her broom. Shooting back up into the air, the wind whipping through her hair, she tossed the quaffle to Lily. "So, are you just going to shoot at me?" she asked, cracking a grin. "I might try out those sweet keeper defences, if you don't mind."

(((I said out here not on you, you smart a$$! :p )))

Lily caught the quaffle with ease. "Yeah. I was thinking I would just practice shooting on the goals and you could try out your defenses and I would be able to practice my shooting." She tossed the quaffle up in the air and spun her broom around before catching it again. "You up for it?"

((If I wasn't a smarta$$, life would be no fun and you know it! You :wub: me!))

"Hell yes!" Estrella exclaimed, twisting her face in a mock sneer as she hovered in front of the goal hoops. "Bring it on, Potter!" she hissed playfully, smirking and clutching the handle of her broom.

"Alright Drage, lets go!" Lily mocked back at Estrella. She flew out to the middle of the pitch, bouncing the quaffle up and down as she flew. She turned to face the goal again, trying to decide exactly what to try. Estrella is one of the best keepers at school, and she knew that she would not be able to score unless she caught her off guard. She leaned forward on her broom, flattening herself out against the broomstick, quaffle in her left hand. She was flying as fast as she could straight at Estrella. As she got close to where she was, she turned hard to the right and threw the quaffle at the far right hoop.

Estrella decided to try out her Starfish and Stick Maneuver, getting pretty cocky by now, and smirked at Lily. Veering over to the right hoop, she appeared as if she was going to fall off of her broom, dangling on with only a foot and a hand, and nearly missed the red that came flying towards her. Stretching out as far as she could, she extended her arm, snatching the red ball in her arm and suddenly punching it across the pitch so Lily would have to fly to get it. "You'll have to do better than that, Potter!" she sneered, a triumphant grin on her face.

Lily had figured that Estrella would catch her attempt. She quickly took off after the quaffle and easily caught it down the pitch. "Yeah, Drage, nice throw. Maybe you wanna try to get it a bit farther down the pitch next time?" She was teasing her, glad to be able to concentrate on something other than Blake for a while. She secretly hoped that he just happened to look down at his ring to see that she was happy at the moment. It'd serve him right for leaving with nothing but a two word note. She faced Estrella and shot her broom straight at her, hoping to freak her out a bit.

Being as cocky and competetive as she was, Estrella put her hands up to her head, wiggling her fingers at Lily and sticking her tongue out to mock her. "You're just jealous of my mad keeping skills, Potter," she sneered, dancing around a bit to irritate Lily competetively.

However, when Lily came speeding towards her, she exclaimed, "What the-" and veering out of the way. When she realized that it was just a feint, she said, "You're pretty good at that, Potter." Reaching up, she pretended that she was going to punch Lily in the face, a technique called the Wronski Feint that wasn't illegal in the game of Quidditch unless you actually made contact.

Lily dove around Estrella, smirking as she did so. She almost flew into her fist, that was coming at her in a fake punch. "You better watch that! I almost flew right into that fist!" She laughed, and then flew down underneath Estrella and then quickly turned around to the hoop at her back and shot the quaffle at it.

Too enveloped in her own cockiness, Estrella was too late to save the quaffle as it flew through the hoop. "Damn, that was sneaky, Potter," she sneered, sticking her tongue out at Lily while muttering curses under her breath at herself that no mother, nor father, for that matter, would have approved of. She dove down, grabbing the quaffle before it hit the ground, punching it across the pitch once more and smirking.

Lily took off after the quaffle that Estrella had sent flying down the pitch. "You should be happy that I am on your team Drage! With those skills, you would never last against me in a game!" she yelled out over her shoulder. She quickly caught the quaffle, turning and facing her again, sticking her tongue out so she knew she was joking.

"B.s!" Estrella laughed, sticking her tongue back out at Lily. "Dream on, Potter. What you got?" She held up her arms challengingly, like she wished to have a battle.

Lily laughed at Estrella and her mocking. "Think you're ready for this?" She took off like a rocket from where she was at, hoping to be able to leapfrog over Estrella. She loved that move from the old Assault days and was hoping to keep it well practiced, this time though as a goal-scoring manuver. She held the quaffle in her right hand. As she flew closer, she slowly stood on the broom, ready to jump when she was close enough. Quickly, Lily pushed off from the broom and soared over Estrella's head and sending her broom just under Estrella's. She landed on her stick on the other side and threw the quaffle at the center hoop while trying to sit back down again.

"Hell yes!" Estrella replied enthusiastically, and when Lily used her leapfrog technique to try slipping it through the hoop, she snatched it, holding up the red ball triumphantly and saving it from being scored. "Better luck next time getting past the Draginator!" she mocked.

Lily stopped on her broomstick and turned and faced Estrella. "The Drageinator? You have GOT to be kidding!" She gave her a confused face before busting out laughing. "Okay, Drageinator, wanna give me the quaffle back so I can have another run at 'cha?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back