Letters

Kale grinned at Estrella, his normal goofy smile happier than it had been all week. "I think Morgan'll be more than willing to send them. Have you taken some pictures already?" he inquired with interest, "I'd like to see some pictures you have already took." Kale said with a smile, curious if Estrella had a passion for photography.

Estrella grinned. "Actually, I left them back in my dorm." She blushed a bit. "I'm not a photo maniac or anything, and I absolutely detest scrapbooking, but the picture taking part isn't too horrible."

She looked down at the empty parchment again. "What to write, what to write-" she chuckled to herself, a silly smile cracking at the corners of her mouth.

Kale smiled at Estrella, he noted her cheeks flush to a pink color and he smiled. "Well, that's cool. I want to see them sometime." Kale added with a smile while pulling out a piece of his own parchment from his pack and sat next to her on the rickety old desk in the owlerly.

"Maybe I should start to write to Ma now too.." Kale said while he dipped his quill in the bottle of ink in front of him before scrathing his parchment with his loopy bold hand writing.

((Sorry i took so long at replying... ipods are stupid..))

Estrella grinned back at Kale. "I'll bring them sometime." She didn't have much, but at least, she had something. She really needed more opportunities to crack out her camera.

"Watcha gonna write about?" she asked with interest, trying to think of what to write for Morgan's letter, and brooding on her reply to her supposed Grandfather.

((OOC: It's okay. :p It took me almost two days to reply last time. Grr..rehearsal kills.))

Kale continued to write before responding to Estrella's question,
Dear Ma,
Life at Hogwarts has been non stop since I've returned back. I can't say that I don't enjoy being busy, but things here just seem to get so crazy that it's hard to find a break for myself and have some extra free time.
I talked with my old flying Professor--
Kale suddenly stopped writing, a drop of ink blotted the middle of his parchment from him dipping his quill and abruptly stopping. "Oh, Merlin..!" he excalimed, clapping his hand to his forehead, "Did I tell you that I talked to Professor Ana about an apprenticship, and she said that she'd let me help her with flying lessons next year?" Kale said with a broad smile dancing at the sides of his mouth.

((I HATE ipods. <_< ))

Estrella read over Kale's shoulder, hoping that she wasn't bothering him, when suddenly, he jumped, and now had an ink blot on his parchment. "No, you didn't, but that's awesome!" she laughed. "Actually, I forgot to tell you that the new Charms Professor agreed to take me on as an apprentice." She smiled, and repeated, "That's sweet. What made you want to take that up?"

((Did you ever get it to work?))

Kale smiled at Esrtella when she revealed the news that she'd be helping with charms, "Really?" he inquired and gave her a kiss on the cheek while setting his quill down on his ink blotted parchment. "That's so cool. I don't really know the charms Professor, but he seems pretty cool...making it to class has been kinda tough." Kale bit his cheek and rolled his eyes, he just reminded himself of all the work he had to make up already. "Are you starting next year too?"

Kale smiled sheepishly when she told him that it was 'sweet' that he'd be helping out. "Well, I dunno, it's something that I'd kinda like to do after Hogwarts." said Kale with an unusual hint of bashfulness in his voice.

((yeah, it's just being difficult... but it's working for the most part...))

Estrella grinned back at Kale. "Yeah, he seems pretty cool to me. He checked to see the Christmas gifts that my dad sent to me; there was nothing wrong with them." She shrugged her shoulders; she didn't know whether to be surprised about this fact or not.

She smiled, putting a piece of hair behind her ear. "Actually, I'm starting this half of the year. The Professor already talked it over with the Headmistress, and I can get my first year of apprenticeship done this term so I can get to magic faster."

"That's awesome. I think you'll be perfect for that." Kale said, he knew that charms was something that really seemed to interest Estrella. With a grin Kale continuted to write once more, suddenly he lost his train of thought when he looked down at his parchment and noticed that more blotts had formed since the first time he set down his quill. "I didn't think your father would have done anything bad to the book.." Kale said with a smirk, Tristan couldn't be that crazy could he? "Are you taking any electives this semester?" he inquired when he started to write once more.

"Yeah, I think so too," Estrella said, her voice trailing off as she stared out the window. She snapped back to attention as Kale mentioned her father, and she said, "I didn't think so, either, but I had to make sure." Hell knows I'm not taking any chances, she thought to herself.

"Actually, I'm elective free this semester," Estrella replied, grinning. She punched Kale playfully in the shoulder. "And speaking of electives, which ones are you taking next year?"

Kale rubbed his shoulder where Estrella playfully tapped him, "Well, I've been thinking about it a lot lately." he said while biting his lip, Kale was still having trouble figuring out what he was interested in taking, "We have a meeting on Tuesday about electives. I was thinking of Muggle Studies."

"How was Care of Magical Creatures for you?" inquired Kale with interest, he thought about taking it but thought getting a few opinions from his peers would help before his final decision.

"Oh! Muggle Studies will be a good class to take," Estrella commented, "Although I never have to take it. Hey, at least you have some background with Muggles!" She grinned, adding, "Ancient Runes and Arithmancy are really interesting, too."

She bit her lip when Kale mentioned Care of Magical Creatures. "It wasn't my favorite class," she started, "But then again, I'm not much of an animal person. I've never been that good with them. It was interesting enough, I guess, and I think you need to take it to get into a lot of professions."

Estrella began intending to write the letter to Morgan, although when she removed her hand from writing, she saw that she had written something else entirely.

Dear Grandfather,

Shrugging it off, she tried to think about what to write. But she wasn't really sure exactly what. Sighing, she scratched away at the paper, writing down thoughts as they flowed out of her mind.
I think it might be good if we met.  I do have a lot of questions.  But I'm going to tell you straight off, I'm not going to be going alone.  You have to understand, with things that have been going on, I would rather not risk another unfortunate encounter with family members.
[/color]

Kale peered down at Estrella's letter, but not wanting to be too snoopy he stepped aside and continued to write his own letter once more. Smoothly Kale dipped his quill and scratched his piece of parchment. "Yeah, I allways thought that would be an intereting subject." said Kale sheepishly while scribbling on his parchment, he always did feel silly expressing his interest of muggles.

Looking up from his letter in progress he looked Estrella, "What is Ancient Ruins exactly" he inquired with interest as another blott of ink stained his paper. "Having trouble?" Kale smiled weakly while gesturing to her letter.

"Muggles can be pretty cool sometimes," Estrella agreed, staring down at her parchment. She looked to Kale as he asked about Ancient Runes. "I'm not too sure what it really is about yet, but it has a lot to do with Norse Mythology and amulets of protection. It's pretty neat. And I learned how to write some things in runes."

She suddenly grinned down at her paper, and said, "Do you think I should write my name in runes on here? He is Norwegian, after all. You'd think he'd be able to read them."

When Kale asked if she was having trouble, she said, "Just unsure what to say."

Kale could telll that Estrella was having a hard time. He obviously didn't know her grandfather and could only guess what she was going through, Kale gave her an ecouraging smile and wrapped his arms around her, "You'll figure something out, you always do." he then leaned in and gave her a kiss. "And I think signing your name in ruins would be really cool. Maybe it'll even surprise him.." Kale added with a small laugh. Suddenly he looked at her with a strange face, "Wait do you know Norwegian?" he inquired with a sheepish smile.

Estrella returned a tight hug, grinning warmly. "Nah, I don't know a speck of it," she started, "Truthfully, I don't know any other languages." She smirked. "Unless you count a few little phrases of Spanish."

She grinned. "I should get to writing that letter to Morgan. I'm just not sure how to start any of my letters today!"

Kale smiled goofily and hugged Estrella tightly, that was one of his favorite things to do; he was content with just having her in his arms. "Well, that's okay.." he said still smiling widely and hugging her, "I only know a couple of words in Gaelic 'cause of me Da." he nodded and looked down at his leter that he was still having trouble with. "I wouldn't even know what to write to my own siser...' Kale said while rolling his eyes and biting his lip, it made him feel bad but it made him happy they got along so well..

(sorry posts are crappy...i'm using onscreen keyboard! :( :ph43r: #-o )

(I understand. That seriously sucks.)

Estrella smiled back at Kale, commenting, "Well, if it's any condolence to you, I don't know how to write to anyone." Not sure what else to say, she poked the tip of Kale's nose. "Beep," she exclaimed, grinning mischieviously. Jumping up so that he couldn't catch her, she stuck her tongue out, feeling rather silly.

Kale rubbed the tip of his nose where she had poked him. Suddenly his eyes widened to the size of tennis balls and he snapped his figures infront of his face, "Oh, no you didn't just poke me guuuurlfriend!" Kale exclaimed while sticking his butt out and pursing his lips comically.

Watching muggle television with Estrella really exposed him to many different pesonas that he enjoyed moking. Still snapping his fingers and stalkng after her he sucessfully kept a straight face while actng goofy.

Estrella mocked screamed as she backed through the owlery, grinning at Kale stalking her. When he did the gangster chick impersonation, however, she roared in laughter, clutching her gut as she buckled over, feeling as if her ribs would break. "What in the world were you watching with Luke?" she exclaimed, a look of wonder on her face. "You most definitely did not learn that from Pirates." Her dark eyes were sparkling as she looked back at Kale, tears pouring down her face as she continued to laugh.

Kale laughed even more louder and goofier at the look on Estrella's face. While stay in character with his knock off gangster accent clashing with his Irish one, he rolled his eyes cattily and snapped his fingers in Estrella's face as she crumbled to the floor with laughter, "He called it 'daytime television'..Jerry Sprinkler?" Kale said sounding more like a gay guy than ever with his fake 'gangsta' accent.

"Sprinkler? You mean Jerry Springer?" Estrella roared. "Oh, trust Luke to watch that stuff-" she now had collapsed to the ground, rolling around in laughter. "Did you find out if the guy was the baby-daddy or not, foo?" She knew that her foolish attempt at gangster lingo sounded horrible, but at the moment, she didn't care.

Kale began to laugh even more when she attempted gangsta speak, "Yep, pretty much and then the guy confessed to having relations with the chicks sista." he made a silly face at Estrella and wrinkled his nose, "Muggles make television shows about anythng don't they?"

Estrella snorted. "That's pretty much how it goes." Figuring that she might do so since she was on the floor, she crossed her legs indian style. "Yeah, but there're a lot better muggle tv programs than Jerry Springer; WAAY better." She grinned. "Luke just seems to like the trash tv. Frankly, he doesn't surprise me."

She sighed, thinking about all of the things she was going to miss about the muggle world. Not wanting to make Kale wonder, however, she pulled out of her funk quickly, smiling. "How have classes been going, by the way?"

((Lol, do you want to go to the Valentine's banquet or just skip it and say we bought tickets for the fundraiser? lol I'm cool either way))

(we can always just make an appearance in the main thread if you want, nothing big but greeting everyone and whatever. lol - plus poor bruin is all alone with the girls.haha)

Kale smiled at Estrella, as much as Luke pissed him off over the break, he got used to the kid. "Classes are okay, I guess..I'm alreadyfalling behind though.." Kale frowned slightly but the frown morphed backinto asmile quite quickly, "How about you?" Kale inquired while taking ast next to her on the feather littered floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back