Estrella Drage

Obliviator for MACUSA | HNZ 1st Graduating Class

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
Estrella trudged up to the owlery, as she and Kale had agreed to meet here. She sidled over to Harper, who swooped down on her with a soft hoot, bearing no letters for her today. She smiled, thinking that she might send a letter to Morgan today. She had gotten along very well with Kale's sister, as they both seemed to have the same interests.

She started as she saw a raven, clutching a letter with her name scrawled on it. However, she could tell that this was not from her father, as the writing was much more neat and controlled. Stepping forward, she took the letter from the raven, who gave her a deathly caw, his beady black eyes glittering menacingly. However, he did not attack, and only watched her, refusing to leave. Obviously, he expected a reply.

She looked down at the fine and expensive envelope, sealed with an intricate "D." She pondered on who it could be from, but decided to wait on Kale before she opened it, staring at the envelope apprehensively. She had an idea on the source of the sender, but wasn't going to be sure until she could confirm it.

Kale headed up to the owlery with his hands in his pant pockets to keep warm. The stairs that led up to the owlery seemed like they were never ending; especially when there was someone up at the top of that tower who he was dying to see. Five more steps, four steps, three, two, one... Breathlessly, Kale reached the top of the stairs with nothing but a smile on his face when he saw Estrella standing with Harper near.

Kale sauntered to Estrella quickly and wrapped his arms around her. It had been about a week since the last time he had seen her, he had missed her a lot. "Well, hello there gorgeous" he said with a wide smile, while at the same time looking around if Dash had returned with his latest letter from his Ma.

Estrella hugged Kale back enthusiastically, smirking back at him. "Well, hello there, handsome," she replied, suddenly overcome by happiness. "What have you been up to this past week? It's been lonely."

Kale smiled and leaned in to give Estrella a quick kiss on the cheek and hugged her tightly. "I've been busy trying to get caught up with work again...we're going into the second week of the new semester and I'm already falling behind. I missed you!" he frowned and it quickly transitioned back into a smile, "How have you been?"

"I've been, alright," Estrella explained, not exactly sure what she had been feeling the past few weeks. She hugged Kale back tightly, smiling broadly and returning the kiss on the cheek. "Have you gotten any letters lately? I was thinking I should send one to Morgan." She stared back at the raven in the window, which was still observing her with menacing eyes. "And I have this." She held up the letter to show him, still not having opened it. Whatever type of envelope it was, it didn't look cheap. It had its own official seal, and all. Under the "D" on the seal, she could read four words, "Det svake fallet først." She looked it over, unable to decipher the language. "I wonder what that means," she murmured, still not having opened the letter and turning it over in her hands.

Kale smiled, "I'm not sure.." he said while breaking away from their embrace and looking toward the crowd of owls hooting away. "Dash?" he called out quietly, a second later not to his surprise, Dash swooped down from the rafters of the tower and perched himself on the ledge of the open tower. "I guess I do." Kale removed a small envelope from his owls leg labeled with his name on it. "I think Morgan would really like that." he said with a smile, he was happy that Estrella and his sister clicked so well the first time that they met.

"What language is that?" Kale inquired while looking down at her fancy envelope.

Estrella watched as Dash flew down from the rafters, her eyes following his descent, wondering who the letter was from. She turned to Kale, hardening her composure. "I'm not sure," she explained, reading it, "I wonder what it means. It looks Germanic, though. Or Scandinavian."

Kale bit his lip and looked at Estrella, she didn't look very sure about who had sent her the letter, "Well...you'll only know when you open it up, right?" he said nudging her playfully. Kale looked down at his envelope with his name scribed on it neatly, it was obviously Nancy's handwriting, he waited a moment before opening it.

"Yeah," Estrella murmured, still staring down at the letter, and then looking up to Kale. "How about you open yours first?" She grinned convincingly, not wanting to open this one just now.

((Sorry, I wrote the letter out one day and totally left it at home.. I'll post it tomorrow.))

Kale smiled crookedly at Estrella when she seemed to be stalling to open her letter, "Okay, if it makes you happy, I'll open mine first." he said with a wink, following with tearing the seal off the envelope and unfolding the piece of parchment that the enveloped contained inside.
Dearest Kale,
I was very sad to see you two leave so abruptly the night that you had left. Your brothers and sisters were saddened by the unfortunate event as well. Christmas here was beautiful, it snowed, which you know is a very rare event for Ireland. Roger and Lee helped Tarren with his flying, even though he is still having a lot of trouble and Mindy got the purple toy broom stick that she was begging for since last Christmas. I never got to give you and Estrella your Christmas gifts, it completely slipped my mind when you guys were being hauled off by her uncle. Go figure.

Carlisle sounded very distraught when he came to pick you guys up. I was hoping that everything was okay. I was very happy to hear that you two had a fun and safe holiday, how was your first visit to the states? Exciting I hope, I pray to Merlin that you didn't get into too much trouble!

I am working for the ministry again. Work has been very hectic since I've started because there is only one other woman working in my department.

I'm sorry that this letter was quite legnthy. You asked for an update and that's what I gave you! Please, be sure to stay out of trouble and keep up with your school work. How have you been? And Estrella? Other updates?

Love,
Your mother

When he finished scanning the letter repetitively at least three whole times, he rubbed the bottom of his eye. The beginning of the week, his eye was a dark blackish blue bruised color, it healed nicely considering how hard Luke had hit him; you'd need to have a keen eye to make it out now. "Wow. That was a long one.." he said taking a breath and passing it to her, to give her the opportunity if she wanted to take a look at it as well.

((Okay :D))

Estrella grinned as she looked over the letter, saying, "I miss your house already!" She held the unopened letter in her hand, and looked back to Kale. "By the way, I meant to ask you; the Sorority is having a Valentine's banquet benefit; I was wondering if you wanted to go with me."

She smiled, and then taking an untrained finger, she open the letter, her nail making a jagged cut in the expensive parchement. She frowned as she looked at the letter, the "D" seal and motto on the top of the page; it was so businesslike. Turning it a bit so Kale could read it with her, she scanned the page, taking it all in.

To Ms. Estrella Drage,
It is with great concern and joy that I write this letter, granddaughter.  I assume that you cannot remember the last time we met, for it was once and you were only at the age of infancy.  I regret that I have not been able to see you through childhood, for you are already fourteen and on your way into adulthood.

As you probably already know, I have been given guardianship rights of you, as you are of my direct blood line.  It was only out of worry and caution for you that I did this.  Your uncle believed it best that you be safe from his, transformations, shall we say, and I am aware of what has been going on over your past few breaks.

I am not going to pretend that your father, my son, is anything less than what he is.  And thus, my sole reason for keeping you safe.  It is with great sadness that I say because of him, I was not able to see you grow up.  I live off the Northern Coast of Norway, near Svalbard, and as a result it is difficult to watch your well being. 

I am interested in meeting you, and I was wondering if you were likewise, so we might be able to have some understanding of each other and I can answer any questions that you might have.

Sincerely yours,
Your Grandfather,
Valcan Drage

Estrella looked up to Kale, unsure of what to say.

"Sure, I'd love to go to the banquet with you." he said with a smile and put his arm arould Estrella as she opened the letter.

Kale read the letter quietly, it was too formal for his liking. When done reading it throughly twice he looked down at Estrella, she wasn't saying anything, a wave of saddness rushed over him; this is who Tristan was talking about who she'd be staying with during the summer. Norway. Kale bit his lip and waited to respond, "He lives is...Norway.." he managed to slip out, he scratched his head and waited to say anything further than that.

Estrella smiled back at Kale as he said that he would go to the banquet with her. She felt secure as he wrapped his arm around her, and they read the letter together.

"I know," she said quietly, "It actually sounds more like he lives in the Arctic. Svalbard? That's an island." She looked to Kale. "I don't think it'd hurt to meet him; this is just odd for me." Indeed, it seemed too formal, but on the other hand, how could you not be formal with someone that you have never met? "Anyways, that's a hell of a long way off."

Kale looked at Estrella with a perplexed expression, "I haven't ever heard of Svalbard." he said while hugging her tightly. "He sounds like he really wants to meet you.."

"It's near the Arctic," she explained, "I saw it on a globe once." She looked to Kale. "I know; I kind of want to meet him too. Just to figure out what the heck is going on." Her expression darkened. "But no matter what, I don't want to go alone."

"I think you'll be okay." Kale said with a smile while looking down at his letter for a moment, "Who knows..maybe you'll even have fun." he said trying to convincingly, he could only hope that things wouldn't be as bad as if she were with Tristan. Kale looked down at the raven, it staring back at him with it's beady eyes, "Are you going to write back to him?" he inquired, giving the traven another quick look.

Estrella looked doubtfully back at the raven. "I suppose," she said, "I should probably write to Morgan too." She attempted a smile, moving over to the table stacked with spare parchment. She pulled a quill and ink out of her bag. "I guess it wouldn't hurt to write to Carlisle, either."

Kale noted the doubt in her voice, he really didn't know what to say. He felt sad that she was upset about all of this stuff, he couldn't only guess how tough it must be for her to be informed that she was going to be staying with a stranger. There you go..save his letter for last if you have to. Or, if you want to just get it over with do it now." Kale said with a weak smile, Dash let out a loud squawk angry that no one was paying attention to him. Kale then rolled his eyes and looked over at his owl, "Now you hold on.." he said sternly, following with a laugh. "Does Carlisle know that you're staying with your grandfather over the summer?" Kale inquired

"Yes," Estrella replied, "He's the one who signed off his guardianship in the first place." She looked out the window, unsure of what to write.

Kale bit his lip, unsure of what else to say, he did manage to utter an "Oh.." but nothing more than that.

Estrella sat down at the desk, which she noticed with distaste had writing all over it. She saw a rather bad curse word, "Voldemort's nipple," written in an untidy scrawl over the top of the desk. Groaning, she tried to erase it with her shirtsleeve, and then remembered that she knew a cleaning charm.

She giggled a bit at the word, her spirits alleviated a bit, and showed it to Kale before she erased it with Scourgify. She shook her head, grinning. "I'm so immature," she stated, giggling.

The curse word having disappeared forever, she started to write her letter.

Dear Morgan,
How have you been? I thought it was quite a bummer that we had to leave so early, I was really looking forward to getting to know you better.

How is school?  And being a prefect?  I haven't had to yell at too many students, luckily.  First years tend to like getting into trouble.

She looked up to Kale, not sure what else she was going to write. "What exactly does Morgan like to talk about?" she asked, knowing that if she was going to find out, it would be through him.

Kale had to bite his lip to surpass laughter at the foul tagging on the desk, he clapped his hand over his mouth and rolled his eyes. "Wow." he stated, unable to hold back laughter any longer. "I guess I am too." Kale said inbetween laughs as she cleaned up the writing on the desk.

As Estrella asked him a question about his sister, he looked at her with a confused expression, he really didn't know much about his older sister. "Uhhh.." he thought for a moment, "Girl things?" Kale stated more like a question. "I dunno if she's really into quidditch or anything..she likes photography" he said with a shrug at the shoulders.

"Hmm," Estrella started, "Maybe we could send her some pictures?"

She smiled, tapping her quill on top of the inkwell as she tried to think about what to write. "I wonder how Luke's doing with his eye. Probably telling people that he got attacked by a gang or something over break and fought them off singlehandedly." She grinned at Kale, noticing that his eye had almost healed. "Has anyone said anything about that?"

"Ya know, I think that would be an awesome idea. She would really like that." Kale said with a genuine smile, "I'm pretty sure she would send some pretty cool ones back too. We could see what the original Hogwarts looks like." he cocked his head to the side and looked down at the letter she was currently writing to his sister.

Kale thought about his black eye when she asked him about it, luckily, no one really noticed it when he got back. As a matter of fact, he forgot about it completely after a couple of days being back. "No ones really asked about it. Which is a good thing I guess." he said with a laugh, "I wouldn't want to have to explain it a million times." he explained, then leaned in and gave her a warm kiss. "What pictures should we send Morgan, Esrtella?" Kale asked, wondering if she may have any.

"Oh, that would be neat!" she exclaimed, "I've never seen the original Hogwarts before."

She kissed Kale back enthusiastically, and after pulling back, she said, "Maybe we could take some pictures of the school here? I have a camera that I bought at Dervish and Banges a while back."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back