Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Renata <3
Wand
Knotted 13" Sturdy Pear Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Eugene had had one of the best days ever, easily, hands down. It had been so much fun, so happy to engage with it and so happy to spend time giving people roses. He had never been one to involve himself in school events like he did at Hogwarts and it was so cool. There was so much to do, so many people he wanted to speak to and spend the time with. But the dance itself was one he was looking forward to. He didn’t have any formal wear so he just had his school shirt and some jeans. He decided against his school trousers. He was wearing his fake vans and mostly though he knew this was a formal, he thought it would be nice to be comfortable, he had one of the yellow roses behind his ear, not necessarily wanting to show off that he had one but thinking it a bit of a waste for him to not have one on his person. He was going to the dance with Charlie and had agreed to meet him in the hall. He was smiling easily, watching others flitter around, noting that there were a few people with camera’s, those must be the yearbook people. He was sure Charlie would be there soon.

Charlie didn't bother dressing up for the dance, but he had accidentally fallen asleep after delivering roses. He woke up with a start, and panicked seeing the dorms empty. He ran to the great hall, his clothes crumpled and his hair a mess. He jogged up to Eugene, yawning and rubbing his eyes. "Sorry, sorry, I fell 'sleep," he apologized, giving the other boy a sleepy grin.

Eugene wasn’t waiting long, but laughed lightly as Charlie approached him. He was glad that Charlie hadn’t made an effort, since he hadn’t really either. ”No worries cuz,” he told him with a grin putting his arm around him in a half hug. ”I did notice you were asleep before I left, but you looked real peaceful, couldn’t be the guy to wake you up,” Eugene’s voice was playful and excited, he was certainly riding the high the day of rose giving had given him. ”What do you wanna do first? Some dancing might wake you up?” he said, he was quick to check the rose behind his ear with his hand before he motioned out to the dancefloor. He didn’t want to lose the rose.

Charlie smiled, hugging Eugene back and biting back a yawn. "Sure!" he agreed easily. "I don't know how to dance so I'm just going to make it up as I go," he warned Eugene with a laugh. Charlie wasn't much of a dancer, but he'd pretend he was at a party.

Eugene smiled and gave a little bit of a shrug, ”I don’t either cuz,” He assured him. He just grabbed his hand and rushed over to the dancefloor and started dancing with him, the music wasn’t the type he always liked but it was very easily danceable. He grinned. ”How were all your deliveries?” he asked him as he danced.

Charlie followed Eugene easily, bouncing around happily and with no purpose. "They were awesome! I got to talk to so many quidditch players! How were yours?" He returned, not caring if he looked stupid as he waved his arms and shook his hips.

Synnove's slow, uncoordinated stumbling did not merit the level of confidence she displayed on the dance floor. One birthday several years ago her dad had said that she danced as if she'd dislocated both hips, which, being young at the time and inclined to receive kindly anything said with a smile, she had taken as a compliment, and the memory was so well-wrapped in all the happiness of the evening that she had yet even now to realise he had been making fun of her. This was just as well, because she was easily inhibited; and though tonight she danced by herself, she was enjoying herself considerably.

In the soft lighting her strappy pale blue dress was the colour of dusk. Her curls bobbed up and down on her shoulders and her painted toenails glittered in the open end of her sandals. Lost in her own world, she failed to notice that the space behind her previously empty was now occupied by two boys, and stepping back a little too enthusiastically she slammed straight into Charlie Helkovaara.

Eugene grinned at Charlie, ”I spoke to like one quidditch player but just so many cool people. Some girl gave me muffins!” he exclaimed. He was dancing easily to the music, having enough rhythm from his music to at least be moving to time but little dancing skills. He’d never really be taught any. He noticed all too late Charlie bumping into to a girl in their house. ”Wow, watch out!” he said maybe a bit late and moved to go make sure both were okay. ”You alright there bro?” he said to Charlie, but would then check on the girl, ”And you?”

Charlie laughed lightly at Eugene's response. "Were they good muffins?" He asked, but the words were barely out of his mouth before someone had knocked into him. He yelped, stumbling, and fell down to the ground. He hissed, his hands stinging from the impact, and shifted to sit. He looked up, surprised, blushing and unsure what to say to the girl that had knocked him over.

Synnove heard the word muffins, and then Charlie hit the floor. She spun around, as much surprised as he was that she had banged into him. "Merlin! I'm so sorry. Did I hurt ye?" she burst out in a rush. For a split second she was distracted by the rare cognizance of how much she sounded like her dad. Then Eugene brought her back to her senses. "I'm fine." It was Charlie she was more concerned about. Leaning down to offer him a hand, she said, "Are you all right? I didn't realise you were behind me - I gave you and me a fright, both!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back