Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
((Eddie))
Wand
Curly 12 Inch Sturdy Wenge Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Abner's life was inexplicably tied to Briar-Rowan Cullens'. Between his Stan dating Tara and Casper with Linden, well, they were bound to be in-laws at least twice over. So, he'd called her up, and arranged a visit. Not for any real reason in particular- he just wanted to chat and get to know the woman, try to strike up a friendship. So, he'd sent a note and now he was headed to her house with a warm cinnamon apple pie he'd made from scratch. He wanted to make a good impression, after all. He stepped up to her door, running a hand through his hair before knocking. This should be fun. He waited with an easy smile on his face, the pie still steaming on the oven mitt he held it with.

Families were interesting things. For a girl who had not had a real family until she was about fourteen and had been taken in by the margeras her family was growing all the time. The adoption of Tara and the fact that Casper was pretty much a second son to her, even before he and linden had started dating two other families were drawn into hers, Tara and Lin's birth months family and The Becketts the family that had taken cas and Tara's Boyfriend stan in. She was not totally surprised when Abner had contacted her their paths were bound to cross from time to time, so they may as well get to know each other. And she had been meaning to invite them over for Christmas again as it seemed a shame for them both to try and juggle children when she had enough space for everyone.
After Abner had contacted her she had felt the need to tidy the house. She was not naturally a tidy person. and she would be the first to admit that the house was usually a bit of a mess, especially when everyone was home. thankfully at the moment she pretty much only had one child living with her. Willow had her own place, Tara was at school and Linden spent enough nights at Caspers that it felt like he lived there and came back mostly for their sakes. By the time abner arrived the house was somewhat tidy and somewhat clean though she spotted Ivy's toy quidditch set on the floor and bjorn was asleep on the sofa. But she had never wanted her house to look perfect. She opened the door and smiled at abner. "Hello Abner. It's good to see you. Come on in." she said leading him inside and towards the kitchen. glancing at the pie. "That really smells delicious. but you didnth ave to bring anything" she said though the warm smell made her glad that he had.

Abner smiled as Briar opened the door, following her inside. "Oh, posh," He laughed lightly. "Of course I did. We're practically family, family brings cinnamon apple pie right from the oven," He teased. He found a good spot to set it down, careful not to drop it before turning to her. "Thanks for having me," He told her. "Do you want to settle in somewhere, have some pie, maybe some coffee and some vanilla bean ice cream on top?" He asked, a coy grin on his face.

Briar appreciated abners effort. She really did. thank you. But be warned not even the chooks want to eat my baking she said. let me get some coffee going she said getting the coffee machine up. Before getting a couple of bowls a knife, spoons I think we only have rocky road ice cream she said. The thing with having a seven year old was that you always had ice cream. But almost never vanilla. so how are things in the Beckett house?” she asked.

Abner laughed lightly. "Well then you can buy the ice cream for it," He teased her, settling into a seat. "We could experiment with Rocky Road," He mused, eyeing the pie. "See if its any good," He turned back to her with a smile. "Oh, they're going well. Addison has started up a talk show, sort of an educational thing, and working at a library in town. Allison has her hands full with the twins, while her Thomas is in school again, I believe. I think my eldest is smitten with someone but he hasn't spoken of it to me yet, though his career is going swimmingly. And I believe you know how my other boys are just as well as I do," He gave her a playful grin. "How is the rest of your house?"

Briar Chuckled. "Deal. if you put a request in I can make sure we get it" he said. vanilla bean was easy. a classic choice but if she didn't have direction it was likely that Ivy would choose and they would end up with something sweet with chunks in. she passed the man the knife and a bowl and then ennt to get the ice cream out of the freezer. as well as some normal cream in case Abner thought the chocolate would be too overpowering or confusing in taste. she listened to the update, Addison had been the one in the same house as Lin and cas, Allison was the one who was in Gryffindor with Tara and friends with Stan. she couldn't remember much about the older sibling only he had been mentioned once to twice and was a fair bit older. "Ahh yes. Stan is at the three broomsticks, and spends the night here once a month, more during school holidays, and Caspers Gallery is going well with some beautiful pictures in it. and Lin had basically moved in with him." she said. she cut herself a slice of pie and topped it with a little bit of cream not sure how well rocky road would go with it. especially as she was not a particularly big rocky road fan anyway. "Dederick is good, making the most of the good weather out on the boat, Willow is fully qualified and enjoying her job a bit more not the election is over, Lin you know about between cas and his new job and I don't think I have ever seen him happier, Tara is impatient to finish school, and ivy should be home from school any minute and has just got onto the cross country team" she said. she then took a mouthful of pie and let out a noise of satisfaction. "That really is delicious. thank you" she said holding a hand up to her full mouth.

Abner chuckled. "How bout some french vanilla?" He teased a bit. He ate his pie, listening quietly as she went on about her kids. He smiled at her as she finished, chuckling. "Something tells me it will be sooner than later that those boys will be getting married," He mused, taking another bite of his food. "Do you have something to drink, Briar?" He asked, unintentionally mirroring her movement and holding his hand over his mouth as he chewed. "Cider would be nice, but I would be fine with water, too."

Briar nodded. "If you give me a heads up the next time you come over with some fresh baked deliciousness i will make sure i have a tub of french vanilla in." she said with a slight conspiritorial tone to her voice. before taking another mouthful.
she chewed slowly considering Abner's words. "I'm not sure how soon it will be. I don't doubt them at all of lasting as a couple, and already see Casper as a second son, but I don't know when marriage would happen," she said. The truth that she did see in them as a couple was something similar to what she and dee had. And she and her husband had been together almost twenty years before they got married. It made her wonder if she could go back to eighteen-year-old her if she would have married him when they were younger, and of course, Casper and linden would not be finding out that one of them was pregnant at nineteen. "I wonder who will be the one to propose?" she mused not really expecting a reply.
when Abner asked if she had any drinks she got up to grab a glass. "sorry. what do you want, we have water, coffee, cordial, apple juice..." she started. before the man asked if they had any cider. "I'm afraid we don't, I think we have some homebrew scrumpy left, but it is a bit bitter" she said. their last batch had not been their best. and they would be making some more once it reached apple season but it was all they had until then.

Abner chuckled. "Heads up, I'm bringing fresh baked goodies next time, too," He teased her. "I'll let you know what extra goodies would be good with it," He promised, winking playfully. He continued eating his food, smiling at her words. "Oh, I'm sure it will be sooner than you think. Linden seems to be bringing Casper out of his shell. I'm pretty sure Cas will propose before we know it." He chuckled, taking another bite. "I'll try some of that scrumpy, then," He smiled at her. "Little bit of bitter to go with the sweet." He nodded, sure of his choice.

Briar nodded as Abner said that he would bring something baked next time he came. "then we have a deal. let me know what i need and i will get it" she said.
"Cas does seem to be a lot less timid now. you can see when he comes over for dinner that he is more comfortable, and laughing easier. but i don't know if he will be the first. Cas is good for lin. he seems more focussed and grounded now. and i don't think i have ever seen him happier." she said. and at the end of the day. that is what she wanted for her son. she was proud of him for everything he had done but at the end of the day if he was happy that was enough.
when Abner said he would take some scrumpy she got up. "I'll be back in a moment" she said getting up and walking ou of the door and into the cuarage next to the house. she returned a few moments later with a bottle of liquid. she summoned two glasses over and poured the liquid in. "be warned it isn't the best batch ever the weather messed up the apples" she said sittingback down. and taking a sip. it really wasn't great but it would do.

Abner chuckled, nodding easily. "Sounds like a good deal to me," He considered what she said about the boys, twisting his fork idly in his hands. "Hm... I think Caspers newfound confidence will do them well," He chuckled, taking the offered drink and taking a sip. "Oh, this is a bit sour," He laughed lightly, but took another sip. "It's good though, I like this," He told her, taking another drink before setting back into his pie. "But enough about the boys. How have you been?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back