Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 12 Inch Flexible Cypress Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Snowdrop had decided that she could share some of her own joy. And that meant trying to swallow her pride and help Cassius Styx to feel better somehow. After all, it was her fault he was so bummed. At least she thought it was. It wasn't as if she knew anything else going on in his life - they weren't that good of friends after all. After class she packed up her things and made sure to catch him in the Hallway. "Cassius." She said to get his attention, hoping he was willing to stop and talk to her. She wouldn't put her hands on him unless he really didn't stop, then she might tap his shoulder or something. Snow caught up to his side and tried to offer a smile, but it was forced. "Hey, easy lesson huh?"

Cassius Styx hated that Charms lesson. A spell to cheer someone up, how laughable. He heard his name called out from behind him as he headed toward the dungeons. It was like nails on a chalkboard right now. He glanced at his side when Snowdrop caught up to him, but he adjusted his bag and stared ahead. "F**k off, Chase." Cass said, which those two first words were what he said to just about anyone nowadays because he didn't want to talk. People annoyed him, and he was just wanting to study, get good grades, leave this school and find a nice pureblood woman to marry. It was obvious he was not going to find someone here, so maybe he should talk to his dad about an arrangement. It would save him the hassle of doing it himself, and then making sure the family even approved the woman. So many hoops to jump through.

Snow stopped moving at his words, embarrassed someone would use them in front of her. She could feel her face heat up with indignance at being blown off. She followed him before getting in front of him. "Will you stop for two seconds, I'm not coming to start anything." She insisted. She had been a bit rude in the past to him (not that he didn't deserve it) but now she was trying to make some sort of amends. If only to ease her conscious. "I just wanted to offer you a study partner with. For spells and stuff, we share a lot of classes." She said giving him a small sort of forced smile.

Cass was forced to stop walking since he didn't want to just run over someone. He raised an eyebrow when she said that she was not coming to start anything. No, that was likely his job, wasn't it? And he wasn't even doing that properly. Mainly because he had other things on his mind. "Not interested. I don't need anything from you. Go help someone else. I'm not interested in soothing whatever pride or thought you have going on in your head." Cass side stepped to walk around her since he didn't need a study partner. He was doing well because he poured everything he had into class. Maybe last year he would have taken her up on that just to bother her, but now, he didn't.

ffs

Snow didn't fully understand, was this all over the dance? Or was there something else going on. "I don't get you Cassius, one second you're being a decent human and the next you're like this. You have such bad mood swings!" She moved so he could walk past her if she wanted. "Maybe if you opened up to someone you wouldn't walk around all day with a stick in your rear!" She added. Not a single person had frustrated her this much besides her sister.

Cass simply rolled his eyes. Figured she would go off. It was a matter of time. He assumed that because he wasn't giving her whatever satisfaction she needed, she would attack him. Sort of predictable. Ever since the rejection and her sending her friend to ask him to the ball, which he rejected, because she had to have felt bad over it, Cass felt he deserved more than that (because in his mind, he deserved the best honestly). "Let's see... First, I was nice to you and helped you out. You yelled at me, unprovoked by the way. Second, I asked you to the dance and you said no, you were waiting on a mud-blood. To make matters worse, you send someone else as a replacement, like you felt bad for it or pitied me. And three, my sister is dead from a werewolf attack over winter so I have every reason to behave like I do and maybe that is why I'm emotional and not myself." Cass even used his fingers to indicate what happened this year for him. "There, I opened up. Go back to your boyfriend. You are probably the best he will ever get anyway." Cass gave her an obviously fake smile, and started back toward the Slytherin house.

Snow hadn’t expected him to spill everything but he did. She thought most of it was trivial. Until he spoke about his sister. She winced a bit at the news like it had physically slapped her in the face. She wanted to keep arguing. Yell at him for calling Gregory a mudblood and for getting mad just because she didn’t have feelings for him. But she couldn’t. “I’m really sorry about your sister.” Then something else clicked and Snow thought for a moment that the reason he must really be lashing out at her is because of her dad. He knew and now he was looking at her differently. “I really cant begin to understand but treating me like garbage won’t make it feel better.” She said quietly. “When you’re ready to stop hating me because of this then let me know. I think we could be friends.” Maybe the last part was a lie but she would sure as heck try. “And he’s not my boyfriend.”

That was likely the first time he told anyone about his sister, but he could not help it with how emotional he was. Cass stopped walking. He wasn't treating her like garbage at all. He asked her out. She said no. That was the end of the story. Being around her would just be hurting his pride and rubbing salt in his wounds. "Just because I don't want to humor you for whatever reason doesn't mean I hate you. I just don't want to have anything to do with you. That tends to happen when people get rejected by their crushes. They move on." Cass figured that she made her choice, so she can lie with it. His family would ridicule him if he were to pine over a blood traitor. "Bye now." Cass even gave a little wave as he walked toward the Slytherin house to go work on his homework.

Snow's face got redder with irritation as they talked, but what really stunned her was him calling her a crush. He had a crush on her? She thought he had honestly asked her for some big bit, some joke. She crossed her arms and watched him walk away. Fine, not everyone would like her but did he have to be so ridiculous about it. Was that all she would have been good for was a crush? She was more than that! She was a great friend! She turned on heel and walked away from the spot, she would have to think about this and the weird feeling in the pit of her gut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back