Caelan Maxwell

𝓒𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓻𝓪𝓹𝓱𝓲𝓼𝓽🎨ᴍᴏꜱᴀɪᴄ ᴀʀᴛɪꜱᴛ

OOC First Name
Arle
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Caelan did not know what to bring the woman. Clearly, she was not easily impressed with flowers and chocolate. Still, he got a single long-stemmed yellow rose. He was told that yellow means forgiveness and that's his main intention of coming here. He owed it to Kira to let him know where Celeste was. That lass did not know he was here nor did she expect him to. Letting out a deep breath, he raised his hand and knocked on the door. He took a step back and waited. He would wait if it meant letting him see her and explain.

@Celeste Rabson

Celeste had never felt so humiliated in all her life. How could she have been so stupid? She had been trashing her flat, knocking over the coffee table, shattering her dishes. She knew she needed to clean things up, but she was still heartbroken. She had actually thought he- that they- Celeste threw another plate at the wall, tears streaming down her face. Of course not. A knock at the door startled her. She turned, swiping at the tears that just didn't seem to stop.

She walked over, opening the door. She was surprised to see Caelan standing there with a flower. She knew she looked a mess- her face was red and her eyes were probably swollen, she'd been crying so much. Celeste was having none of this. She didn't hesitate, throwing the door open and swinging for his face.

Caelan strained his ears to hear the inside, wondering if Celeste was home. Of course, she was. Kira had said so. Soon enough, the door opened to reveal the woman from the other side. Caelan could not speak, concern written all over his face. He started forward when Celeste lunged at him. He dropped the flowers to wrap his arms around her, attempting to block her attack. He held her in his arms although there was still room for her to hit him but not with much power. "Celeste... I'm sorry... I didn't know. I swear.", he said, repeating her name and asking for her forgiveness repeatedly.

Celeste struggled as Caelan pulled her closer. Once, she would have loved the attention. Now all she wanted to do was pummel him into the ground. For a while, she smacked at him, sobbing all over again, repeating I hate you in between gasping breaths. Eventually, though, she ran out of steam, and collapsed against him. Her hands drifted to his lower back, clutching at his shirt as she buried her head in his chest, shaking and crying.

Caelan kept his hold on Celeste. It hurt, sure, this woman knew how to hit hard. This went on until he could feel her hits weaken, eventually slowing down, and could feel her shoulders shake. "Celeste...", he cooed softly. "Celeste, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.", he kept saying stroking her hair. He gently guided her inside and down to the nearest chair, still wrapped in his arms.

Celeste let Caelan lead her, collapsing onto the chair and leaning into him, hating how weak she was. She couldn't help it, crying against him. She cursed him out weakly, her legs tucked under her as she was buried in his side. Eventually, her sobbing subsided, and she laid against him, limp and sniffling, but too emotionally drained to bother moving. She'd pummel him once she had her strength back, she decided, she just needed a few more moments to pull herself together.

Caelan continued to hold her, relaxing back on the couch and making them comfortable. He could still hear curses but in a weak voice, him smiling as he shook his head. He rested his head and closed his eyes, letting out deep, even breaths. Celeste seemed to have calmed down now. He glanced down at her, checking on her.

Celeste sighed, her fingers clutching at his shirt. "Why did you come here?" She asked, her voice weak. "I won't get you any closer to Kira. I don't care what your mother did, my brother loves her, I won't help you win back your ex-fiancé." She murmured, too exhausted to pull away and hating herself for craving this closeness. "I hate you, you used me," She whispered, her eyes burning with unshed tears. Would she ever be able to stop crying?

Caelan sighed, his hand absentmindedly playing with Celeste’s hair. “Cece, believe me, I didn’t know.”, he whispered, a bit frustrated. He didn’t know how to prove to her that he was telling the truth. He winced at the mention of his mother, clearly remembering how she ruined what fragile relationship he had with Kira. He gently pulled away, just enough to look into Celeste’s eyes. “I never used you. And never will, Celeste.”, he said sincerely, taking her hands in his. “Honestly, Kira and I, we already talked. And we’re good. We finally had our closure.”, he added, he got a feeling Celeste had the right to know.

Celeste wanted to believe him, wanted to lean into the hand in her hair. "How can I trust you?" She whispered, pulling away and standing, walking away. She kept her back to him, wrapping her arms around herself. "You were engaged to my brothers girl. Kira is my family, she's so sweet and kind and I adore her. You broke her heart, you let your mother break her heart. I was there, I remember how Arcturus pieced her back together, how much she had to heal and grow. How can I trust a man who could cause that sort of pain?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back